A Fateful Encounter

Best Fate Work


  • Total voters
    20

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
Funny that you say

Beatrice, because by all means it should be Sayo Yasuda ;P Though I'm mostly joking, I think pretty much everyone calls her Beatrice most of the time, when it's actually kinda... sad for Sayo, now that I think about it. Guess that can't be helped if you look and act like Beato 90% of the whole story.
To be fair, even after her (or maybe I should say he instead ;p) true identity I'm still not used to call her Sayo lol. Heck, I mean she is literally Shannon, Kanon and Beatrice. Not to mention that she is also Lion but that's of course a different part of the story. XD I kinda get why people (who haven't read it yet but are spoiling themselves) find it complicated rofl. Anyway yes, it is kinda sad but then again it's the choice that she made herself and honestly, it's not even a bad choice since Beato is epic after all. :3

Lambda is awesome, how can you not love this funny cute little devil?



but yeah, there are lots of funny little scenes or moments in the manga, that's one of the advantages compared to the VN. Lambda and Bern have this strange chemistry you just have to enjoy :3
Oh, this is an image of Lambda that I didn't had yet. Thanks for sharing! Now it's in my fanart folder!

And ikr?! I just find them too funny, not to mention Erika... like lmao. She's like a third wheel for them and yet she's quite a rivalry for Lambda LOL. It also kinda reminded me of the Ougon Mysou Kyuko Cross game with Lambdadelta/Chiester410 ending (not sure if you know or have seen/played the game so I will just put it in a spoiler tag, just in case~)

I forgot how funny this was especially Bern's and Chiester410 faces in here. Lambda and Erika fighting over the 'love arrow' since Lambda wanted to use it on Bern first but decided not to do it anymore. Erika however didn't want to miss the chance and tried to steal it from Lambda so that she could use it on Bern. Of course they were fighting over it and I guess you might know how that ended... XDDD




And of course here is the video (unfortunately it's in japanese sub tho) ;p


And nope, I didn't read the manga, never really heard much about it. I've not read the VN either, because yes, I am waiting until they're done with re-releasing the Higurashi answer arcs. Shouldn't be that much longer, maybe I will start sometime soon :zomg In this case I have to admit that I only saw the Higurashi anime (though even that was quite a number of years ago by now, so my memories are kinda foggy tbh), but from what I know the Higurashi anime does a mostly fine job with adapting the VN, even if it's not perfect. Going by memory, I remember that I thought Season 1 had awful art and the whole concept was really weird to me at first, but I grew to love it with the answer arcs (basically when I realized the true structure of the story). So I'm hoping I can read the VN sometime soon, to enjoy the real thing and to refresh my memories.
Oh, I see. Good that I did ask for it beforehand since I almost wanted to show some comparison from both manga's, like I almost spoiled a few things for you lol. And indeed, the anime was kinda faithful. Of course not that great but it was good overall imo (I wish I could say that about the Umineko anime -.-). Anyway, in that case, I will just wait when you've finished Higurashi so that we might talk about it in the future. There are quite some hints, connections and information especially about Bernkastel that you prolly will notice, hopefully. ;p

The picture with the different outfits didn't really do much for me, because like I said my memory is way too foggy to remember that many details. At this point I feel like I only remember the very important parts (like the "culprit") and I can recall the charas from the story but not that much into detail. I think my most vivid memories are from Reina and Shion...

Hopefully I'm not confusing her with Mion, but I think it was Shion xD

anyway long story short I really need to read the VN x'D
Yeah, after reading what you just said before, I can understand that the bonus image from the VN didn't do much for you (for now :3). Well you know.. I will just wait patiently when you've finished it. Not gonna talk about it any further since at this point it's kinda difficult to talk without mention a few important things. >w<

Also, Shion is the one with loose hair (the one I used in my early post) and Mion is the one with the ponytail~

I'm really curious what that new Umineko chapter will be about, but I'm hoping for something serious. The story is pretty much done but there are quite a few more things he could explore. Hopefully it will involve our favourite witches and Battora :3 And you're welcome, I'm always happy to share new things with a fellow Umi fan :zomg Without love it can't be seen, after all. Don't be shy, keep the notifications coming :nod As you might have noticed I'm not really someone who answers fast here... xD but I do appreciate all comments or convos, I don't think you could annoy me :p

And yeah, new fanart always is a pleasant surprise. There still is a fanbase, but with no new content in a looong time, interest has definitely degraded. Hopefully that new chap can reignite the fan fervor to some exten :wtf Some of those pics were truly great, I hope he/she will do some more T__T
I really hope so! I really want to see them back. Honestly, at this point I wouldn't care what kind of chapter it would be, even a comedy chapter would satisfy me lol.

Kinda funny thought, I just found another Umineko fan in the Magi thread. It seems that in the end they were there but they were just hiding! I can't blame them though.... I mean, I also was hiding from you, so it makes sense. ~=3=~

That's okay, really. You don't have to answer fast lol. Just answer whenever you feel like, you're not obligated to answer me anyway, right? Unless you consider it as an admin duty of course~

Pretty hyped about the new MiA season, didn't know you're a fan too! Really looking forward to that, because what's coming next is even better than what we got (next arc has lots of Bondrewd, so stuff is getting... quite dark). You should pick up the manga ;)
Y-You didn't know..? I mean Syx did recommmend me to watch MIA but even you told me that MIA was awesome.....

oh and Magi I'm sure you will enjoy Made in Abyss, it's awesome : D
Just literally see this post today lmao. Well @syx and you were right, I freaking enjoyed this anime. I never expected that I would like it that much especially since it's not like an anime you would like from first sight. Well, I'm so glad I waited for all episode to be released and give it a shot. The Abyss is so damn cruel, Nanachi backstory was quite touching and Ozen is such a ruthless yet honest and a kind woman (in her own way ofc. Not sure if I should even use the word 'kind' for her, but I guess you know what I mean xDDD) love her so much. Like just wow, this is worth a fcking 9/10. I'm gonna read the manga!
You've such a foggy memory, indeed. I totally agree now with you~


Teasing aside ;p. Unfortunately, I didn't had the time to read the manga however I was planning to read the manga somewhere end December. I heard that the current arc is really good and now with S2 confirmed... more reasons for me to read it!
 
Last edited:

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,329
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Think I already spoiled myself a little by reading some of those Umineko posts.

Anyway, just a short note so far
So I'm still trying to come to terms with what is going on. Episode 1 was truly amazing, although pretty damn confusing. It felt like I was simply a passenger in a fast moving ride, barely able to get a grasp of what was happening. I absolutely loved how the story dynamic changed when the first murders happened (the 6 sacrifices). I mean, one moment was fun with the cousins catching up and then the other part with the drama of Kinzo's siblings fighting over the inheritance (with brief glimpses of Kinzo's 'madness' and some shots of the servants), and next thing 6 people are dead and the story is completely flipped. It was a brilliant twist in the narrative imo. And of course the death toll just went up from there. Naturally it was hard to believe it was someone else on the island since no one seemed to have witnessed said person and the more likely option is to believe it's indeed the witch supernaturally performing this murders, and yet, that seems too....easy? Well I've read the story is largely about Battler and Beatrice arguing and counter-arguing if it is indeed a witch or there is a 19th person. At the moment though, Battler's arguments seem really weak, and I can't really come up with alternate theories to support it being another human..But I'm still in the early stages where a lot of things are muddled up and I suppose there isn't much room for theories now. I'm enjoying the story so far though...
On the characters, the ones that jump out to me the most are Rosa and Maria. At times, I can't help feeling sorry for Maria considering how violent her mother gets with her, but other times, I also can't stand her crazy laugh and raving on and on about witches and the like. In episode 1, when she kept doing this depsite the murders, I can easily see how infuriating it could be. I'd imagine if her mother was alive until the end, she would have really beaten her.
I also especially like the voices...so far, I'm not sure the other VNs have had me so impressed with the VAs. It's amazing really
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Ok so now I get to the part where Kanon is revealed to be a subhuman...that kinda took me by surprise. I wonder why we saw no glimpse of this in the first episode. I'm enjoying Battler vs Beatrice 'Chess Game of Proof' but I still think it's horribly one-sided. So far the likely explanation is the supernatural does exist, so seems Beatrice is saying the truth and in this episode, we have even witnessed a demon(?) (the 'goat' servant) and the 2 sins. She also just introduced the rule where everything she says in red is the absolute truth. So I find myself thinking of possible loopholes to explain how the actions could have been done by a human but I still have no leads. It seems very obvious that it's supernatural but the very fact that it is that obvious makes me doubt it even more strongly....else I'm not sure there would be much point haha....
Well, I suppose I'm still in the beginning stages...so eventually XD. And he did corner her on the chapel closed room murder...I'll look forward to trying to deduce the loopholes next time haha
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
It's okay, impure beings are impure beings after all. One that simply insults Lambda is one that is disobedient and denies everything in life anyway. It only makes sense tbh.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
*looks at number of awards and badges* :lmao

Soon you're going to have more medals than a veteran solider and in half the time as well! :lmao

I hope you are keeping well, Niichan!
 

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
Top