A Fateful Encounter

Best Fate Work


  • Total voters
    20

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Why is our lord and savior, Amakusa Shirou, ranked so lowly?
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,851
Reaction score
23,520
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The more the merrier, yes :nod I was in the mood for a list, so here you go:



Now, let me go full nerd to explain how I made this ranking. Design, Character, Usefulness (for FGO, though this only played a small part in my ranking) and Backstory/Portrayal all mixed together :edu Some more random thoughts:

  • Yes, it seems I really like edgy characters :lmao (must be why me and @syx get along so well)
  • It really shows I'm a Sakura and Artoria fan (Out of 19 chars in the top rankings, 10 are Sakura/Artoriafaces :XD)
  • 32 Servants in C and D+ I don't really know yet, so their ranking may change and is mostly based on design (yes, I tried to count them...)
  • Servants in D are the only ones that actually annoy me, most of the time
  • Top three rows have 26 female chars, and 12 males. How's that for diversity? (In my defense, there are way more female Servants in existence at this point :lambirb)
  • This list STILL only is about 85% of known Servants I'd say, but the best I could find.
  • I don't even want to imagine what this list would look like if it included ALL Fate characters (let's not even get started with all Type Moon chars)

Did I mention that I like statistics?
Dammit, Nii. It's late and I need to sleep but now that I've seen this I've got to do it too. :cookiearf
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Yeah I'm loving it! Also Hinata finally getting the hype he deservers after that heartbreaking last match before time skip. I never thought the author would care or remember to make Kageyama vs Hinata happen, but it and it's so epic, really still can't believe it hahaha.





Nice pics :zomg Will put the Haikyuu stuff in spoiler tags, just in case.

And yeah I agree, didn't expect it would switch right to an epic match between Hinata and Kageyama. This really is an all-star cast going all out, and it's a damn lot of fun to read. Hinata getting his time to shine after what happened before the flashback felt so good, finally he's there among the very best of Japan :blai The only thing that saddens me is that it will likely end soon after the match ends, because I'm not sure what could be a stronger (emotional) highlight. I hope we'll see a bit more of everyday life for the cast after it ends, though.

I need to catch up with the manga, but really I hope she makes more series, she's too good really :blush so I'm happy and proud that she's gettig so much attention from anime staffers. She kinda sometimes remindes me of mangas like Oyasumi Punpun, you checked that one?

About Ueno, yeah, she's very complex and a good character in terms of writing but she will remain forever as dislikeable to me. :XD
Yeah, I think she has a really good handle on how to hit emotional beats and portray characters in a sympathetic way, flaws and all. Fumetsu didn't quiet hit me as hard as Koe no Katachi did, but I still think it's a really good story for the most parts. Also props to her for going with something else entirely, compared to her previous work. One of these days I'll have to catch up to the manga too, but it gets harder the more you have to read haha. Maybe the anime will give me that final push, if it doesn't happen until then.

Very happy her work finally got an anime. The movie accomplished a lot for its runtime, but I think I prefer anime seasons all things considered.

I've only read Nijigahara Holograph from Asano, and enjoyed it, but that was 7 years ago now... wow :XD I think he's famous for those kind of stories, and I've heard many things about Punpun, but never actually checked it out. Think I'm just not THAT big on those kinda stories. Stuff like Omoide Emanon and Kokou no Hito remind me of her style though, you know them?

I can imagine it had more impact in you, and the ones who played it before in general, good thing I have you and Magi to help me undestand :XD also some sites discussions of it. I admire the dedication that the plot and events of both Higu and Umi get, it shows how the author really did sit down and thought things carefully, when rereading both series everything makes so much sense haha.

Same to you! Glad that you like her so much :blush I fell for her completely at the end of episode 8 (the manga), because of all things you say, she's a cruel witch who does things as she pleases, but she isn't dirty, she followes her principles and actually respects people in an equal way, and she's a great loser lmao, she accepts and gets happy when Battler wins, I love that part.
Yeah, I actually think it gets a bit too convoluted at times haha, to the point where it can feel a bit overwhelming for some people, but there's not much I love more than a good mystery with strong drama haha. A colleague of mine thinks it wasn't a good idea to explain the culprits background to that detail, and sharing the solution for the multiple crimes in the game, but personally I thought that was great. Not everything has to be explained in my eyes, but the core mysteries sort of have to, and it helps wrapping your head around everything.

EP8 was the point that made me a big Lambda fan too! :nod That's where you really see her good side shine.

Think this part where she decided to side with Battler/Ange and directly faces Bern and later even Featherine was one of my favs of the whole story. Showed how far she was willing to go for what she believes in. That, and she's just cool :3


(yes it's very long, just thought I might share in case you wannna give it a quick look xD)

Also, it's sort of funny, that if you take Lambda and Bern as something like Alter Egos for Takano and Rika, their roles in this are completely reversed lol.

GOUDA yes xD, I remember he had his moment to shine in a battle but he remained as a background character again after all. But still George's whole love subplot was everywhere, and Erika had development but always came back to be the third wheel between Lambda and Bern lmao.
It's true they sort of overdid it with George's lovestory, he just wasn't enough of an interesting character in my eyes for the amount of focus he got :sweatdrop Gouda was just mostly ignored until the end lol

I know what you mean about Erika, she was a bit too much of a third wheel they just picked on, and she's got a rather obnoxious personality to be honest, but she did have her moments at least.

Here's a few more Umi pics, together with a great track from the VN :blush























Pics reminded that sometimes it felt like Umineko was taking too long, but when strong moments happen, they hit so damn hard. There's nothing quite like it out there I think, maybe that's part of the reason why I love it so much.

I will show you the Fate fanarts that made me fall in love as soon as I can. :blush

And yeah stopped watching the first one when I read your post xD was that anime adaptation at Umieko level?
Saber isn't usually the type of character I like the most (serious, cold, etc) but she's pretty well made so she may really end up as a favorite. ^^
When is as soon as I can? :lambirb

That's good to hear. It's pretty much on Umineko anime level yeah, and it's mixing parts of the stories together later on, becoming it's entirely own thing, so I wouldn't recommend that to anyone tbh.
And all I'll say is you'll be surprised at Saber's evolution : D

I think I talk from the nostalgia too, or maybe I just loved more the whole adventure thing more, it was more simple and great to me, now One Piece became more and more into constant wars or your typical "alliances, betrayal, politic problems" etc, which I really like and I know the series always had these things, but dunno, I miss the simple times of the Straw Hats being all together and just exploring some island together.

Don't even bother with Nanatsu... :emobirb
Yup, I totally agree with you. It's become too little adventure and too much politics stuff. It's also missing some of the very strong character moments it used to have, in my eyes. Like, Dressrosa and Whole Cake Island weren't bad at all, they actually have some strong payoffs, but it's never quite hitting that peak it had in the past... that's how it is for me, at least.

And lol, I actually finished the manga after you reminded me about it and I'm surprised just how bad the last part was. That whole plot with Merlin and Cath Palug............. I dunno, I really enjoyed the series until early 10 Commandments (you know, when Galand wasn't fodder), but the longer it went on after that the worse it became =/

I also find Kanon and Jessica to be more interesting to read as characters, both for their different personalities and their own conflicts outside of their romance (Kanon had his own existencial crisis lol and his relationship with Shannon, and Jessica had her issues with her family), but maybe it's my biased side talking hahah. But while all of that, George and Shannon main conflicts was about them and their relationship, until that plot twist.
And yes lol, that Yasu reveal made the whole Beato/Battler just stronger, also that Shannon/Battler was a thing when they were kids, I even dare to say they're cuter than George x Shannon :XD

Agreed with that Umi note! It's even more hopeful than Higu at some point, especially because of the ending.
Yeah, there wasn't much to George besides the "I wanna be together with Shannon and stop being a mama boy", if you put it bluntly :XDJessica and Kanon are still an adorable pairing with their own share of problems, and if you look at the cold hard "truth" it's sort of

a very twisted relationship

But as the story hammers home, "without love it cannot be seen"

I feel that Umineko does deserve an anime (I used to think each episode having a movie would be a good idea but they would rush things as well) but it doesn't have to be one of only 12 or 24 episodes. Detective Conan is a mystery series too and it has more than 800 episodes xD don't see why Umineko can't have the same thing.
I think that's one of the main problems with Umineko, it just would take too many episodes to get adapted properly. The difference with Conan is that it's much more straight-forward, and can easily just add one criminal case after the next, and that it's an ongoing franchise with a running manga and regular (+very popular) movies. Umi is done as a story, and besides getting a scarce re-release here and there, there just isn't much point to an anime from a money-making point of view...

Plus I think Higurashi is the author's much more popular work in Japan, while the western fanbase seems to tend towards Umi. Still surprised Higurashi is actually getting a new anime, and maaaaybe it means we will get a new Umi anime somewhere down the road too. Fingers crossed!

True, only 90% times they are the best answer :3.

In some parts yes, but thank god she's mostly loved when the fandom wants :XD can't wait for the sequel... I will not be able to play but there are always videos about it (:emocat).
Haha I used to listen to Vocaloid songs when I was more of a teenager, I still like some of them.
So what's the remaining 10%? :p

lol I always feel for you when you say you can't play a game, isn't there some way you can get a console or PC? :emocat
And I think I only know like, 2 or 3 Vocaloid songs xD Any good ones you'd like to share?

Why is our lord and savior, Amakusa Shirou, ranked so lowly?
He's an okay character, but not great, that's why. I like his chemistry with Semiramis, though.

Dammit, Nii. It's late and I need to sleep but now that I've seen this I've got to do it too. :cookiearf
It's fun, isn't it? Now I demand @syx makes a list, too. @Sky might wanna join as well :nod
 
Last edited:

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
How mean of you to simply bypass my trolling...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And he does.

There might be bias involved.
Also ranking solely on looks if I don't know who the fuck the servant is.

And as usual. Fuck male characters.

 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,851
Reaction score
23,520
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's fun, isn't it? Now I demand @syx makes a list, too. @Sky might wanna join as well :nod
It's pretty interesting to try and figure out who goes where. Takes longer than I expected it too.

Your list doesn't look how I expected it too honestly. Specifically, the servants that gave me pause when reading your list were.

Angry Manjuu A :blink
Musashi C+ :gwah
Ibaraki, Quetz, and Carmilla all in D+:cookiearf

...I'd like to appeal those rulings please.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
How mean of you to simply bypass my trolling...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And he does.

There might be bias involved.
Also ranking solely on looks if I don't know who the fuck the servant is.

And as usual. Fuck male characters.

And I'll continue to do so~

Interesting list, saw most of it coming : D Artorias + Neros + Jeannes + Okitas are high on your list, so all is right with the world :nod
Expected Gilgamesh that high for some reason, but Iskandar definitely is a surprise xD Guess you liked him too in Fate/Zero.

It's pretty interesting to try and figure out who goes where. Takes longer than I expected it too.

Your list doesn't look how I expected it too honestly. Specifically, the servants that gave me pause when reading your list were.

Angry Manjuu A :blink
Musashi C+ :gwah
Ibaraki, Quetz, and Carmilla all in D+:cookiearf

...I'd like to appeal those rulings please.
Yeah, it's a fun little challenge, especially with so many available :XD

Angra Mainyu is there because I've read Hollow Ataraxia and I like him there quite a bit. Did you read it?
Musashi is a fine char, but I'm not too hot on her general design and I feel she got praised too much in Shimosa, to the point where it actually made me like her less lol.

The rest just don't appeal to me, Quetz especially is just not the kind of char I like all that much. Taste is subjective after all :p
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
And I'll continue to do so~

Interesting list, saw most of it coming : D Artorias + Neros + Jeannes + Okitas are high on your list, so all is right with the world :nod
Expected Gilgamesh that high for some reason, but Iskandar definitely is a surprise xD Guess you liked him too in Fate/Zero.
You are quite the bully. :(

Could you tell me who the assassin next to Mash is? Looks like Xehanort possessed Ushi for some reason. 🤔
Archer Gil is higher than Caster Gil because he brings the additional sass
And Iskandar is simply a man among men. A true king.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,851
Reaction score
23,520
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah, it's a fun little challenge, especially with so many available :XD

Angra Mainyu is there because I've read Hollow Ataraxia and I like him there quite a bit. Did you read it?
Musashi is a fine char, but I'm not too hot on her general design and I feel she got praised too much in Shimosa, to the point where it actually made me like her less lol.

The rest just don't appeal to me, Quetz especially is just not the kind of char I like all that much. Taste is subjective after all :p
Never read Ataraxia all the way through. At the time I think there was only a partial fan translation available. Not sure if it was just the translation but I remember it being just too weird. Like it just never felt like it linked up with the Fate storyline to me.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

You are quite the bully. :(

Could you tell me who the assassin next to Mash is? Looks like Xehanort possessed Ushi for some reason. 🤔
Archer Gil is higher than Caster Gil because he brings the additional sass
And Iskandar is simply a man among men. A true king.
Kato Danzou I believe is the assassin your referring to. She's actually a robo-ninja because.. Fate.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Kato Danzou I believe is the assassin your referring to. She's actually a robo-ninja because.. Fate.
You had me at robo-ninja.
Damn she is cute.
I need her in my pool.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
It's fun, isn't it? Now I demand @syx makes a list, too.
Another request from you? That's a joke, right?



Oh, and by the way: If it weren't for Faust's reminder-tag, you would have even forgotten to play the upcoming T10 game after I already tagged you personally. I am not even worth to list 10 damn characters for you. Just imagine it... 10 damn characters were too much to ask for. :lmao

And you seriously want me to believe you would pick up a recommendation if I just fanboy about it long enough? You probably wouldn't even pick up a 10-page one-shot if I would praise it non-stop and begged you for an entire year. :lmao

Come on... :rolleyes:
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,851
Reaction score
23,520
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Another request from you? That's a joke, right?
What about if I request it @syx?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also @SirSamuel016, I want to see your personal FGO character tier list.
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,724
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Musashi is a fine char, but I'm not too hot on her general design and I feel she got praised too much in Shimosa, to the point where it actually made me like her less lol.
I can't believe you've done this. Also please give Musashi your vote in Round 3 of the Waifu Wars :kappa

Also @SirSamuel016, I want to see your personal FGO character tier list.
Aight boss, can already see I'm running out of colours for tiers :XD
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Here you go @Jammin
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,851
Reaction score
23,520
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Nice top teirs.

Your C teir though... lots that hurts my feelings in there.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Another request from you? That's a joke, right?



Oh, and by the way: If it weren't for Faust's reminder-tag, you would have even forgotten to play the upcoming T10 game after I already tagged you personally. I am not even worth to list 10 damn characters for you. Just imagine it... 10 damn characters were too much to ask for. :lmao

And you seriously want me to believe you would pick up a recommendation if I just fanboy about it long enough? You probably wouldn't even pick up a 10-page one-shot if I would praise it non-stop and begged you for an entire year. :lmao

Come on... :rolleyes:
Have a hug, giving off that much toxin has gotta hurt... :XD I simply forgot one mention from a few days ago, that stuff can happen. I would very much be interested you see what your list would look like, that's all <3

And are you still butthurt about my response to your recs? I'm very sorry, let me look up what you suggested...

Good to know that you think so lowly of me. It has more to do with the fact I know there is nothing recommendable rather than being a lazy fuck as you imply. But okay, Nii. Let's summarize my manga list:
  • Act-age: haven't started it myself
  • Fumetsu no Anata e: you read it as well, don't you? Not to mention that it has become a little bit too battle-orientated for my taste.
  • Houseki no Kuni: I am still at chapter 15 which is still covered by the anime. You watched the anime, you liked the anime, so it is up to you whether you want to pick it up or not. No suggestions from my side necessary.
  • Kono Oto Tomare: I consider the manga still far superior to the anime. You watched the anime, you didn't like it, I doubt it will be your cup of tea.
  • Made in Abyss: covered by yourself
  • Mahoutsukai no Yome: covered by yourself
  • One Piece: covered by yourself
  • Shingeki no Kyojin: covered by yourself
  • Spy x Family: a charming and funny series, but that's about it. Not a "YOU HAVE TO READ DIS" series. You are not missing anything if you don't read it, get what I mean?
  • Tongari Boushi no Atelier: one of my favorite reads currently. But it has only 34 chapters so far, thus I would be careful about that one. Many series start out great (look what happened to TPN).
  • Totsukuni no Shoujo: It is not Mahoutsukai but it has similar vibes. Mysterious and sweet. But keep in mind: last chapter was released in August 2019 and it is also a rather fresh series with 35 chapters so far.
  • Vinland Saga: covered by yourself
  • Wotakoi: You watched the anime, right? The manga is not better or worse. Again, up for you to decide. Last chapter dates January 2019...
  • Yakusoku no Neverland: covered by yourself
Satisfied?

To sum it up:
  • yeah, you're reading this already
  • I like it, but looks like it's not your cup of tea dude, don't bother
  • I just picked this up and it's still SO early, dunno if you will like this, could turn out bad
  • You have seen the anime of this already, so it's just more of the same
  • This series is okay, nothing great. Your call if you wanna pick it up
Very enticing list, I must say :rolleyes:

Hmh, I don't think I can help with books. I'm not the bookish guy as you know. I recently finished The Dark Tower and enjoyed it a lot overall. But the first volume - which is within my top 3 - didn't pique your interest. The other volumes are different to the first one, but I can hardly imagine someone who couldn't find a lot of joy from reading the first volume, to like the rest of it. If Roland failed to cast a spell over you, then you are better off without it.

Currently, I am reading The Last Wish, the sequel The Sword of Destiny will follow after that. Those are the Witcher books. It is fun so far, but doesn't come close to The Dark Tower or A Song of Ice and Fire. But I'm not sure if a comparison is legit, since The Last Wish and The Sword of Destiny are collections of short stories.

Games? I almost don't play any. Only - surprise surprise - Fate GO, plus the two Nier games which you recommended to me. :lmao Can't remember the last games which fascinated me. Uncharted? GTA? The Last of Us? Red Dead Redemption?

Animes... oh god... they should be - again - mostly covered by yourself. I checked my list and seriously... many of them which I consider great were recommended by yourself. Ping Pong the Animation is very good, it is a rec from Erinyes. But the art style is poor. Haibane Renmei is also a rec from Erinyes and a quite deep. I enjoyed Katanagatari a lot.


I'm so glad that you liked it too. I had fears to be the only to read it around here. : /
And it continues
  • Yeah you didn't like the book when you picked it up many years ago, don't bother again. I'm not much of a bookish guy anyway lul
  • I'm reading this book, but IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE to the last thing you read (A Song of Ice and Fire). It's not bad I guess, haha
  • Uh what was the last game that fascinated me again? I dunno, maybe GTA, Read Dead, and the Last of Us? You know, the games that are at the top of almost every ranking out there. They're pretty good.
  • You've watched most anime already lmao. Maybe there's this one anime, but the art style sucks. Then there are two more: one is a rec from Erin and it's deep... And there's Katanagatari, I enjoyed that one.
Need I say anything? I think not.

Now, if I had to say what interests me from that passionate list it would be Spy x Family, Houseki no Kuni (the manga) , and the Last of Us. So I'll pick up one of those, and you tell me which. I hope with that I can make up for shamelessly ignoring your recs so far.

I can't believe you've done this. Also please give Musashi your vote in Round 3 of the Waifu Wars :kappa



Aight boss, can already see I'm running out of colours for tiers :XD
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Here you go @Jammin
Some good picks, I can agree with the majority of the top ones :nod

And hey, I still like Musashi, just not as much as you :3 There's a good chance she'll get my vote!
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
FF impression after chapter 1Cover: Looks rather bland honestly, not bad though. I would have preferred the view of the city at the start of the game on it.

Graphics/scenery: It's not better than the last two big guns I played (Nier A. + God of War), but an eye-candy nonetheless. :zomg

Motions: They are just like I want them to be. In other games - for example God of War or The Witcher - the movement of the characters kinda feel sluggish, not fluid enough for my taste. I am not sure if this is objectively true, but that is at least my perception (and that is what matters in the end). Moving the characters in FF (and Nier) is more fun. The only point I don't like so far is the fact that once you press the square button outside the battle, Cloud takes too long to make that one sword thing and put it back again. I have to wait an hour until I can control him again, lol.

Controls: They are okay, nothing too complicated. I don't like the Commando menu though, because I always try to jump (which does not exist, wtf) with the "X" button, only to open the Commando menu. :lmao Where the fuck is my jump button?

Camera: The game has a weird camera angle once you lock the enemy. It's kinda trying to show your character and the enemy at the opposite side of the screen while I prefer the standard centric angle. Hope I will get used to it.

Sound: From what I've heard so far, there is no doubt that it will reach Nier level of heights. :nod

Combat system: Switching characters sounds cool, but I have to wait until I can use someone other than that as Barret. I refuse to play with him. :hmph At first sight, it looks promising with the different attack styles and a variation of specials.

Battles: :wtf

Interactions: Biggs and Jessie are comedy!

Jessie: She is fun to listen to, very hilarious. xD

Cloud: It's Sasori's and Makishima's voice actor, nuff said. And he is a little bit edgy which was a nice surprise for me. I expected him to be the

Story: As you know, I never played any FF game except for Crystal Chronicles on GameCube. So, I don't understand a lot of stuff and mostly assume stuff. Is Mako something like energy? Shinra=the big bad company? And Cloud joined some kind of rebel fraction for - what he says - just money? I wouldn't mind if someone can give me a very rough, non-spoiler, overview.

Miscellaneous: I love the layout of the subtitles. <3

First outlook: Looks exactly like the game I was looking for during short-time work.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

What about if I request it @syx?
I can do one for you. =)

But what should the tier list represent? Depending on the case, a Fate tier list can vary a lot. For example: I don't like Jeanne d'Arc from Apocrypha at all. But if we solely talk about the FGO game, she would place quite high as she is an incredible support unit who saved my ass numerous times.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,851
Reaction score
23,520
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I can do one for you. =)

But what should the tier list represent? Depending on the case, a Fate tier list can vary a lot. For example: I don't like Jeanne d'Arc from Apocrypha at all. But if we solely talk about the FGO game, she would place quite high as she is an incredible support unit who saved my ass numerous times.
Whatever you want it to represent. I did it like I was picking my favorite characters in FGO. Which characters do you "like"? Whatever that question means to you.

I personally did mine a bit like a character value index. Design, personality, story. All of that.
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
And are you still butthurt about my response to your recs? I'm very sorry, let me look up what you suggested...



To sum it up:
  • yeah, you're reading this already
  • I like it, but looks like it's not your cup of tea dude, don't bother
  • I just picked this up and it's still SO early, dunno if you will like this, could turn out bad
  • You have seen the anime of this already, so it's just more of the same
  • This series is okay, nothing great. Your call if you wanna pick it up
Very enticing list, I must say :rolleyes:



And it continues
  • Yeah you didn't like the book when you picked it up many years ago, don't bother again. I'm not much of a bookish guy anyway lul
  • I'm reading this book, but IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE to the last thing you read (A Song of Ice and Fire). It's not bad I guess, haha
  • Uh what was the last game that fascinated me again? I dunno, maybe GTA, Read Dead, and the Last of Us? You know, the games that are at the top of almost every ranking out there. They're pretty good.
  • You've watched most anime already lmao. Maybe there's this one anime, but the art style sucks. Then there are two more: one is a rec from Erin and it's deep... And there's Katanagatari, I enjoyed that one.
Need I say anything? I think not.

Now, if I had to say what interests me from that passionate list it would be Spy x Family, Houseki no Kuni (the manga) , and the Last of Us. So I'll pick up one of those, and you tell me which. I hope with that I can make up for shamelessly ignoring your recs so far.
YOU ARE USING MY METHOD OF BEATING OTHERS IN AN ARGUMENT!



:lmao

No, I don't want you to pick up SxF, HnK or TLoU because of me. I won't let you get away that easily. I will use my free recommendation ticket for something else in the future. :amuse

:hug
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
OH GOD YES

Cover: Looks rather bland honestly, not bad though. I would have preferred the view of the city at the start of the game on it.
Hm that is the original international cover from 1997 though.


Graphics/scenery: It's not better than the last two big guns I played (Nier A. + God of War), but an eye-candy nonetheless. :zomg
Seriously?
NieR A doesn't look that good at all tbh. More like a PS3 game which tries to be a PS4 game.


Motions: They are just like I want them to be. In other games - for example God of War or The Witcher - the movement of the characters kinda feel sluggish, not fluid enough for my taste. I am not sure if this is objectively true, but that is at least my perception (and that is what matters in the end). Moving the characters in FF (and Nier) is more fun. The only point I don't like so far is the fact that once you press the square button outside the battle, Cloud takes too long to make that one sword thing and put it back again. I have to wait an hour until I can control him again, lol.
At least it is realistic. :XD
The only thing I didn't really like is, that you can't control your party members outside of battle.
I always prefer to look at a female butt while playing a RPG.
Even more so if the butt in question is Tifas.


Controls: They are okay, nothing too complicated. I don't like the Commando menu though, because I always try to jump (which does not exist, wtf) with the "X" button, only to open the Commando menu. :lmao Where the fuck is my jump button?
The fighting system for FF7R is actually what I like the most. You really should try to learn it well. Not sure if you will ever try hard mode, but it feels so rewarding if you actually know what to do.


Camera: The game has a weird camera angle once you lock the enemy. It's kinda trying to show your character and the enemy at the opposite side of the screen while I prefer the standard centric angle. Hope I will get used to it.
You might want to change the angle. If you are fighting multiple enemies the standard camera angle is annoying as fuck.


Sound: From what I've heard so far, there is no doubt that it will reach Nier level of heights. :nod
Good answer. Imho it surpassed the one of NieR A. Not sure if Nii would agree. Weight of the World is hard to beat after all.


Combat system: Switching characters sounds cool, but I have to wait until I can use someone other than that as Barret. I refuse to play with him. :hmph At first sight, it looks promising with the different attack styles and a variation of specials.
Oh... You REALLY have to get used to play all the characters. Especially because the AI does mostly nothing but dodge or block if not controlled.
Barret is an amazing tank.


Interactions: Biggs and Jessie are comedy!

Jessie: She is fun to listen to, very hilarious. xD
Are you playing with german dub? Imho it is really good.
Jessie is the personification of thirst. :XD


Story: As you know, I never played any FF game except for Crystal Chronicles on GameCube. So, I don't understand a lot of stuff and mostly assume stuff. Is Mako something like energy? Shinra=the big bad company? And Cloud joined some kind of rebel fraction for - what he says - just money? I wouldn't mind if someone can give me a very rough, non-spoiler, overview.
You never played the vanilla FF7? Looking forward to discuss this with you after you are done. I really mean that. I need the opinion of someone who played this FF7 first.

Mako: Basically like us humans draining oil from the planet. In a way at least. Mako is the life force of the planet. Its blood and soul so to say.
Shinra: At this point the actual government of Midgar and most of the planet. They harvest Mako energy for financial gain.
Cloud was a member of SOLDIER, Shinras most skilled military division. Shit happened and he left Shinra. Now he is doing Avalanche a favor. (Basically because his Waifu Tifa asked him to.) He tries to act sassy. Which triggers Jessies thirst.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

No, I don't want you to pick up SxF, HnK or TLoU because of me. I won't let you get away that easily. I will use my free recommendation ticket for something else in the future. :amuse
Now I feel lonely.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

And I know this is Niis thread. But I just had to join in anyway. 👀
 
Last edited:

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Whatever you want it to represent. I did it like I was picking my favorite characters in FGO. Which characters do you "like"? Whatever that question means to you.

I personally did mine a bit like a character value index. Design, personality, story. All of that.
You will get it Sunday or Monday.

Have this to pass the time:


Source


Source
 
Top