A Fateful Encounter

Best Fate Work


  • Total voters
    20

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I got used to it after a bit of playing, not too bad. I generally like playing games with difficulty settings on higher/highest ones. Very Hard was described as „1 hit kills you“ so I didn‘t want that. The beginning on Hard is basically the same, but after that it gets more fair. Also doesn‘t help that I had no idea you can press down to use items. Don‘t think the game ever told me that.

I hope it‘ll have some twists. I finished the A route, now am playing the same game again wih 9S, so far things are mostly the same. Hope many odd things will still get explained properly.

I only got one joke ending when I wandered off a bit with 9S at the beginning of his route, didn‘t expect that.

Other current thoughts are that I like the game, especially the amazing soundtrack. When you get to the amusement park especially. Story is ok but feels like lots of strange still, many things don‘t make sense regarding the whole aliens, humans on the moon, robots with emotions etc. stuff, so I‘m looking forward to it all being touched upon more. Gameplay‘s pretty fun but can be rutheless. Final boss with 2B was a bit tricky in his last stage, though I feel like I cheesed it with the missile pod.
Funnily enough, the beginning of the game is almost the hardest part overall lol. Doesn't help that you have to start from the very beginning if you fail against the boss for example (and yes, it happened to me once...). Not quite sure about the items, but I thiiiink I saw that pretty fast (but forgot if I noticed myself) :hmm

Not sure how far you are, but later routes go differently, no worries there. Pretty much everything should be explained (though you won't get absolutely everything if you haven't played the first Nier game), but if you want to know about anything once you're done, feel free to ask :nod

And the joke endings are pretty funny for the most part xD Some are just random though (like the one you mentioned).

Ooooh yeah, the Amusement Park track is SO good. I remember being all "Woooow" when I first heard it. The soundtrack is just amazing overall, glad you like it too.
Here's a good cover if you're interested:



And yes, the pod can be surprisingly useful :XD Personally I found the difficulty just fine on normal, but I can see it be a bit of a challenge on hard at times.
Anyway, hope you're still having fun with the game :pleased
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,892
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Sorry it took me so long, I had a bit of a week and kept procrastinating on replying to you.
lol for a second I thought this was Magi, quite rare to see you being hyped :XD

Dunno if you're interested, but the author recently had an interview about Gou, and it's quite interesting: https://0707toshokan.wordpress.com/2021/03/26/febri-jp-higurashi-no-naku-koro-ni-gou-interview/

Think about the other stuff we pretty much talked about haha. From the interview, it sounds to me like we'll basically see the arcs again from Satoko's perspective.
Hahaha, excuse you xD

Oohh that interview is pretty cool by the way!! I love how the author fooled even the staff for awhile (with thinking it's as remake rather than a new addition to Higu).
And yean I agree, more arcs from Satoko's perspective seem likely. But quite frankly, that's kind of nice. Especially where the anime ended haha.

If you say 4 is a bit high it must be pretty awful lol.
I must admit I didn't get to Okaeri Alice yet... but I'll read it next week for sure! Quite curious what that's going to be like lol (considering I do know that this author makes pretty... weird stories)
Haaaaai it is.
Mhm, yeah the author.... is a bit of a hit or miss haha. Has good stories but a lot of them are just..... mhmhmmh. Weird. Well see for yourself if you get to it. Take your time though :nod

So you've completed Breath of the Wild? And I think you completed FF15 pretty much too, right? Which makes me wonder, how long did that take for you? Let's say you don't seem to be the kinda person who's "binging" a game, so I imagine it must have taken a while lol
Oh, I finished FF15 in a vacation period actually. Which is why it didn't really take long at all. And Breath of the Wild did take quite a bit longer, but I did play for a bit basically everyday.
Think I've mentioned this before, but because of my current circumstances (in terms of housing), it's just more difficult for me. Can't just play a games that much, as I'm already being (not so) silently judged for every thing I do in the house as it is haha. Hard to relax and sit down for it.

Well you're at the Black Magician Village, that one's great too <3 Hope you're still having fun with the game?
Oh and yup, FF games are quite creative with their setting and stuff, that's one of the things I like about it :nod
I'm still having fun yes!! If not, I would have stopped playing a long time ago o3o

Soooooo? :3
Haha, soooooooooo~
The first arc has been finished! Though while watching, I was actually debating on just going to read the manga instead (as I usually go a lot quicker through manga than anime, and I wanted to talk to you about it). But just watching the anime for now, at a nice pace :nod

Mmh, overall, like I mentioned before it's a good introduction arc. It really shows us some interesting characters (and I hope/kind of know we'll see a lot of them again in the future). I'm personally not really a fan of arcs like these, but the pacing of the challenges, and situations with the other hunters (like Hisoka for example) made it a lot more interesting to watch. Also, it wasn't just action, but also characters scheming with each other, sabotaging things and so on. Can appreciate that.
I like how Gon, even though quite resourceful and skilled, still has lots to learn. He seems to realize that (and works for it), I can appreciate that. He's a cute kid, and fun to watch.
I'm happy most of the "main crew" of this arc passed the Hunter exam. It's sad that Killua ended up not making it... but I think it gives a perfect excuse for their next adventure (and lets be real, Killua will 100% make it as a Hunter eventually, he's too good not to be one).
Love how they stood up for him, shows their newly found bonds after going through the trials.
Hisoka makes a perfect villain, though I get the idea he won't always be.
also Leorio actually being a teenager cracked me up. He looks so old

So I kind of have the feeling I'll have to continue watching this, because I'm genuinely curious how this plays out.

I mean they're sorta translucent, so it's not like 0 light is coming through, but yeah... would prefer not having to do that.
And I can imagine O_o How did you deal with random people looking inside your home quite often? I remember that story lol, goddamn that must've been really creepy. Tbh if I'm playing a horror game I probably would cover the windows first if I was living on the ground floor xD
Haha, I didn't deal with it. Didn't want to close the curtains all the time either. And honestly... Didn't really think about closing them before playing the horror game yeah haha.

Aaaaaalsooooo
Very important
i wanted to say I really like the set you have right now
What's it from?
 
  • Hug
Reactions: Nii

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Nii will you ever hup in to sinoalice ?

We having a re zero collab and they giving away a lot of free crystals for newcomers soon


Next month probably be drakengard 3 collab so there's that



Also
 
Last edited:

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Got a lot further into the game, but at this point I feel like I should save my thoughts til after I fully finished it :lmao
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Funnily enough, the beginning of the game is almost the hardest part overall lol. Doesn't help that you have to start from the very beginning if you fail against the boss for example (and yes, it happened to me once...). Not quite sure about the items, but I thiiiink I saw that pretty fast (but forgot if I noticed myself) :hmm

Not sure how far you are, but later routes go differently, no worries there. Pretty much everything should be explained (though you won't get absolutely everything if you haven't played the first Nier game), but if you want to know about anything once you're done, feel free to ask :nod

And the joke endings are pretty funny for the most part xD Some are just random though (like the one you mentioned).

Ooooh yeah, the Amusement Park track is SO good. I remember being all "Woooow" when I first heard it. The soundtrack is just amazing overall, glad you like it too.
Here's a good cover if you're interested:



And yes, the pod can be surprisingly useful :XD Personally I found the difficulty just fine on normal, but I can see it be a bit of a challenge on hard at times.
Anyway, hope you're still having fun with the game :pleased
Hmm lemme spoilertag this just in case you have non-Nier playing thread visitors.

Oh so if you die at the beginning before the bunker nothing is saved and you have to redo everything? That sounds awful first time I hear of that haha .........
Seriously I could argue this game has many bad game design and gameplay choices, where the pros from having it in the game are so miniscule compared to the cons from it being a thing forced onto the player.

For example at start of Route C(?) where 2B is slowly being corrupted, having you walk all the way to that department store is actual torture. Took me several attempts too because it's such an excruciating experience. First I was punched down into the big hole, and for some reason they don't let you climb out of there so you just gotta reload as you're stuck. Enemies punching you around (to some degree useful because being punched into the direction I want to go is a lot faster than crawling there, but sucks if they punch you to the wrong direction) and 2B getting up so slowly that they come to punch again.

Or the 2 big mecha fight as Pascal when protecting the kids in the factory as A2. Such a cool idea yet implemented so badly, as the first mecha to hit wins since the one recuperating from being hit will never be faster than the one just spamming attack.

All that aside, I'm currently after the sad part with Pascal in route C. I kept switching between A2 and 9S and can't select A2 anymore after the latest part, so I'm now with 9S again as he goes for those weird machine towers.

I am really curious who the villain doing all this is. Why do that to Pascal and the happy robots? Why is the amusement park theme gone and all the robots there are creepy zombies?

Will hit you up with more as I continue.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@Nii RIP to my save data, ayy.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Welcome to the club gry, our save file that went to save someone unknown....


Hope you also play replicant as it's soon out



Also nines best boi
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Pod 042 best boy :nono

I‘ll gather my thoughts and write you more later Nii, but it seems I finished the game.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So Nii, a couple questions of things I don't fully understand:

  1. Some Yorha documents were so top secret that even the Yorha commander was not allowed to see them. But then who made those documents? I thought the commander was the highest ranking non-machine, with the humans dead and all. I think the humans were dead before Yorha was made, so it stands to reason that androids made Yorha. I thought the maker would then be the commander, but even she wasn't privy to some documents.
  2. Why were the Pascal machines hunted and killed? The amusement park ones too. The machines were fine with them existing before, but after Adam and Eve died they started getting... remotely hacked? And turned against each other? But for what purpose? The village was effectively destroyed yet they kept hunting them down til the factory. And I don't think the children killed themselves out of fear, they probably got hacked too while we were fighting.
  3. I don't really grasp what the machines were doing the whole game. They seemed pretty random and disorganized at first, then in C route they are suddenly capable of hacking into any android, including those in the bunker, and corrupting everyone. Who did all this? Many things they did in route C totally seemed like it was done intentionally to mess with 2B/9S by using the voices of the operators and having machines and androids alike say creepy stuff. But it seemed like the game pinned all this onto that red girl/machine consciousness for the sake of further evolving? Seems a bit insufficient to explain why they basically psychologically tortured the androids.
  4. What was with Adam and Eve? They were kinda created to see what would become of them? Adam was fascinated by humans and wanted to be human while Eve just wanted to be with Adam. Yet they were also there after their death in the ark at the end. Why would they be abandoning the planet and sending some arc to a new place?
  5. The pods reviving all the main characters at the end, I thought they can only rebuild the body but their data/consciousness is gone. So whats the point, isn't it the same as building new androids?
  6. Anything else you'd want to point out.
Overall, I liked the game. Wish they explained some things a bit more directly but it was interesting to try and piece some things together that I could. They go pretty deep into difficult themes like the purpose of life, which is certainly not what I expected going into a game about machines fighting androids :lmao There were some interesting side-quests too that further get you thinking.
Gameplay was mostly fun, had a lot of fun with pods and pod programs, and with certain chips like the one that slows down time after a dodge(pretty broken imo). I liked most characters, 9S was my favorite until he fully lost his mind, then it became A2. Pod-042 is also high up there. 2B was always rather confusing to me, at times she was following rules a lot saying "emotions not allowed" while other times being more understanding towards weird machine behavior than 9S. I suppose it was because she was repressing her feelings due to having to kill 9S all the time. But was it the same 9S or any and all scanner models that she had to eliminate once they figured out too much?
OST is amazing, gonna have fun listening to it every now and then.

If there's something more specific you wanna ask feel free. Otherwise I'd ask you, what's with the Nier Replicant that releases in like 2 days? Is it a remake, how good do you think it is, will you play it, etc.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
That is why I forced Nii to play Gestalt/Replicant first. An Automata only missed like 90% of the Lore.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Nier replicant will definitely be good... I hope, and yea it's a remake of the ps3 version
A prequel to nier automata, some of the question you had may be there like what happen so humanity get extinct


Btw about the documents + what happen after nier and if they wake up or not
That's answered in concert script, it's on YouTube tho only the dub version (dunno which version you been playing the game but the JP one got copyright claimed but at least the dub voice actors gang did this one)


There 5 scripts, i only linked the first

For the machine girls N2, there a book called long story short that talks about them..
it includes the past versions of nines and you know.... Their death and drama when 2E kills them


Obviously it's best you read it yourself but.... I guess we can give a summary if you won't
Yoko taro loves to put a lot of side martials

We also have two stages plays, one girl that about A2 before she desserted and why
And one boys that answers why only combat units are girls while scanners are boys and more
i actually have both downloaded on my pc so... I could send it ?
I need to figure out how to send 2 hours stage first XD
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'm so much help man, i basically gave gry no answers just redirected him .... =3=
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I'm so much help man, i basically gave gry no answers just redirected him .... =3=
It‘s ok I‘m sure Nii can‘t wait to gimme all the answers =3=

Or I check those videos when I get to it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Pod 042 best boy :nono

I‘ll gather my thoughts and write you more later Nii, but it seems I finished the game.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So Nii, a couple questions of things I don't fully understand:

  1. Some Yorha documents were so top secret that even the Yorha commander was not allowed to see them. But then who made those documents? I thought the commander was the highest ranking non-machine, with the humans dead and all. I think the humans were dead before Yorha was made, so it stands to reason that androids made Yorha. I thought the maker would then be the commander, but even she wasn't privy to some documents.
  2. Why were the Pascal machines hunted and killed? The amusement park ones too. The machines were fine with them existing before, but after Adam and Eve died they started getting... remotely hacked? And turned against each other? But for what purpose? The village was effectively destroyed yet they kept hunting them down til the factory. And I don't think the children killed themselves out of fear, they probably got hacked too while we were fighting.
  3. I don't really grasp what the machines were doing the whole game. They seemed pretty random and disorganized at first, then in C route they are suddenly capable of hacking into any android, including those in the bunker, and corrupting everyone. Who did all this? Many things they did in route C totally seemed like it was done intentionally to mess with 2B/9S by using the voices of the operators and having machines and androids alike say creepy stuff. But it seemed like the game pinned all this onto that red girl/machine consciousness for the sake of further evolving? Seems a bit insufficient to explain why they basically psychologically tortured the androids.
  4. What was with Adam and Eve? They were kinda created to see what would become of them? Adam was fascinated by humans and wanted to be human while Eve just wanted to be with Adam. Yet they were also there after their death in the ark at the end. Why would they be abandoning the planet and sending some arc to a new place?
  5. The pods reviving all the main characters at the end, I thought they can only rebuild the body but their data/consciousness is gone. So whats the point, isn't it the same as building new androids?
  6. Anything else you'd want to point out.
Overall, I liked the game. Wish they explained some things a bit more directly but it was interesting to try and piece some things together that I could. They go pretty deep into difficult themes like the purpose of life, which is certainly not what I expected going into a game about machines fighting androids :lmao There were some interesting side-quests too that further get you thinking.
Gameplay was mostly fun, had a lot of fun with pods and pod programs, and with certain chips like the one that slows down time after a dodge(pretty broken imo). I liked most characters, 9S was my favorite until he fully lost his mind, then it became A2. Pod-042 is also high up there. 2B was always rather confusing to me, at times she was following rules a lot saying "emotions not allowed" while other times being more understanding towards weird machine behavior than 9S. I suppose it was because she was repressing her feelings due to having to kill 9S all the time. But was it the same 9S or any and all scanner models that she had to eliminate once they figured out too much?
OST is amazing, gonna have fun listening to it every now and then.

If there's something more specific you wanna ask feel free. Otherwise I'd ask you, what's with the Nier Replicant that releases in like 2 days? Is it a remake, how good do you think it is, will you play it, etc.
Sorry Gry, can't really go into detail about any on this yet. As you probably noticed, the story is convoluted, and to get the whole idea you also need to check side material and stuff. I can explain some stuff, but it's not like there's a clear answer for everything, and some stuff I'm honestly not sure about anymore either (so I will have to read up on that too).
It will come eventually, but right now work is really tiring me out and I'm just trying to hang in there you could say :XD Prolly sounds more melodramatic than it is, but just wanted to say the long answer will probably take a while, sorry D:

About 2B, it's honestly just that she tried to repress her emotions because she's supposed to kill roque units etc (pretty much everyone that "clashes" with the rules or Yorha's goals) and there's no way around that, so it's her way to cope with her whole situation bc she knows it's just going to hurt otherwise. Basically she's actually kind (and she can't help showing it sometimes), but she's made the decision that she's better off not showing it as much as possible.
The 9S's she killed before are pretty much similar except the memories are gone ofc, but personality-wise etc they act the same (hence why it hurts 2B). There are other scanner models (shown in side material and I thiiink you see at least one in the main game too) but 2B always worked with a 9S.

Agreed that Yoko Taro (the writer) went a bit too ham on 9S going nuts in the end, though tbh he had to deal with a lot of fucked up shit lol. The Pods are cool indeed, really liked the short interactions they have with the androids (like the first bump :XD)

Nier Replicant is what they call a "version upgrade", so the base game is mostly untouched. Graphics were upgraded, and the fighting mechanics too (prolly the worst part about the original Nier Replicant). I've heard there are some additional extras, but basically you can think of it like an extensive remaster, not a remake (I've only played a few hours so far bc of work).
Definitely go and play it! It will help show you a lot of stuff that probably went over your head in Automata. Probably won't answer the questions you asked me, as those are a bit too specific for Automata, but other things will be clarified or put in better context (like Emil, Devola/Popola). The music is almost as great as Automata too. You probably will notice that the game is relatively old and not quite as "smooth" as Automata, but if you're somewhat curious about the world of Nier and you liked the atmosphere, then it's a must-play :3

That already turned out longer than I thought, haha.... Anway, hope that helped a bit at least and sorry again. More next time.

P.S: I think I can give you the short answer that the Commander didn't create Yorha, it was someone else. If you're curious, I reocmmend reading the "Origins" part in the wiki entry here, it's accurate and gathered the various information out there: https://nier.fandom.com/wiki/YoRHa#Origins

And to give a better idea how much stuff there is out there, here's the timeline for everything connected to Automata:



(DoD is Drakengard btw, Nier originally was a spinoff of that. In all fairness though, every entry before "Nier" on this timeline here is more about the origins/if you really care about the lore, it's not like that is going to clarify stuff from Automata)
 

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
And to give a better idea how much stuff there is out there, here's the timeline for everything connected to Automata:



(DoD is Drakengard btw, Nier originally was a spinoff of that. In all fairness though, every entry before "Nier" on this timeline here is more about the origins/if you really care about the lore, it's not like that is going to clarify stuff from Automata)
Everytime I see this, I can't help but think that Yoko Taro is a madman :XD
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Everytime I see this, I can't help but think that Yoko Taro is a madman :XD
Well he is.

Also everything he does is to create suffering.
Even Subaru would look at Nier and think "Well. My life is fun.".
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Sorry it took me so long, I had a bit of a week and kept procrastinating on replying to you.
Don't mind, I'm way too late as well haha... Are things a bit less stressful now?

Haaaaai it is.
Mhm, yeah the author.... is a bit of a hit or miss haha. Has good stories but a lot of them are just..... mhmhmmh. Weird. Well see for yourself if you get to it. Take your time though :nod
Yeah okay, I read the first 5 chapters, and well, I can see where this is going :XD Seems like a story the author would do, he really doesn't shy away from controversial stuff lol. Don't think I need more of this, but I can read a bit more if you want :p How much you did read?

Oh, I finished FF15 in a vacation period actually. Which is why it didn't really take long at all. And Breath of the Wild did take quite a bit longer, but I did play for a bit basically everyday.
Think I've mentioned this before, but because of my current circumstances (in terms of housing), it's just more difficult for me. Can't just play a games that much, as I'm already being (not so) silently judged for every thing I do in the house as it is haha. Hard to relax and sit down for it.
Ah yeah, vacation period, always good days :3
Oh... So you basically feel pressured into doing x or not doing y too much? Sounds rather annoying, but I guess it's probably not quite as serious as it sounds. But I get it, hope your housing situation will solve itself soon. That reminds me, if you allow me to ask, do you have to pay rent?

I'm still having fun yes!! If not, I would have stopped playing a long time ago o3o
That's what I wanted to hear o3o

Haha, soooooooooo~
The first arc has been finished! Though while watching, I was actually debating on just going to read the manga instead (as I usually go a lot quicker through manga than anime, and I wanted to talk to you about it). But just watching the anime for now, at a nice pace :nod

Mmh, overall, like I mentioned before it's a good introduction arc. It really shows us some interesting characters (and I hope/kind of know we'll see a lot of them again in the future). I'm personally not really a fan of arcs like these, but the pacing of the challenges, and situations with the other hunters (like Hisoka for example) made it a lot more interesting to watch. Also, it wasn't just action, but also characters scheming with each other, sabotaging things and so on. Can appreciate that.
I like how Gon, even though quite resourceful and skilled, still has lots to learn. He seems to realize that (and works for it), I can appreciate that. He's a cute kid, and fun to watch.
I'm happy most of the "main crew" of this arc passed the Hunter exam. It's sad that Killua ended up not making it... but I think it gives a perfect excuse for their next adventure (and lets be real, Killua will 100% make it as a Hunter eventually, he's too good not to be one).
Love how they stood up for him, shows their newly found bonds after going through the trials.
Hisoka makes a perfect villain, though I get the idea he won't always be.
also Leorio actually being a teenager cracked me up. He looks so old

So I kind of have the feeling I'll have to continue watching this, because I'm genuinely curious how this plays out.
I get that part about the manga, reading is just so much faster than anime xD But in this case I really recommend the anime more, because the drawings can be really hit or miss (and also often you only find the chapter scans out there, not the improved volume versions). It's definitely a lot to watch, but as you said, slowly but surely does the trick :nod

What do you mean with arcs like this? Tests/Tournaments? But yeah, the arc isn't anything great, just some good fun.
Hisoka is quite crazy lol, you'll see a lot more of him :XD He's a good villain for sure, but yes, always a bit of a wildcard about which side he's going to take.
Gon and Killua will both grow a lot more, you can look forward to that :blush (Leorio being a teen really is hilarious :lmao)

And ofc you will have to continue watching :p which episode are you at/did you stop at?

Haha, I didn't deal with it. Didn't want to close the curtains all the time either. And honestly... Didn't really think about closing them before playing the horror game yeah haha.
Not sure if you're courageous or just absent-minded :Haha

Aaaaaalsooooo
Very important
i wanted to say I really like the set you have right now
What's it from?
I did answer that question I believe xD If you want to know about the current one, it's from FF14 ofc :3

Nii will you ever hup in to sinoalice ?

We having a re zero collab and they giving away a lot of free crystals for newcomers soon


Next month probably be drakengard 3 collab so there's that

Also
Sorry for replying so late Asa >_< I make a habit of trying to answer everyone who posted here at once, that sorta backfired this time...

Don't think I'll hop onto sinoalice tbh, FGO keeps me busy enough and now we have a real Nier phone game coming up soon, so I'll check out that one instead.

Heard it's going to get a Drakengard 3 collab next too, so we'll get all that stuff there too haha.

LMAO THIS FITS SO FUCKING PERFECTLY FINE

lmao yeah I saw this too actually, but forgot to share with you :XD I like the other version too


Hmm lemme spoilertag this just in case you have non-Nier playing thread visitors.

Oh so if you die at the beginning before the bunker nothing is saved and you have to redo everything? That sounds awful first time I hear of that haha .........
Seriously I could argue this game has many bad game design and gameplay choices, where the pros from having it in the game are so miniscule compared to the cons from it being a thing forced onto the player.
Don't think any non Nier fans would even read this, so I'll do this without spoiler tags xD

Yeah, if you don't manage to beat the first boss you have to do all of it again... This is honestly a Yoko Taro game thing though, he likes to include some annoying/very hard aspects in all of his works so far (Drakengard 3 is especially ridiculous in that regard). Ofc some stuff might just be bad design-choices, you can't always tell, but I feel some stuff is just too ridiculous to not be included on purpose.

For example at start of Route C(?) where 2B is slowly being corrupted, having you walk all the way to that department store is actual torture. Took me several attempts too because it's such an excruciating experience. First I was punched down into the big hole, and for some reason they don't let you climb out of there so you just gotta reload as you're stuck. Enemies punching you around (to some degree useful because being punched into the direction I want to go is a lot faster than crawling there, but sucks if they punch you to the wrong direction) and 2B getting up so slowly that they come to punch again.
This is probably an intentional design-choice too, like you really "feeling" what it's like for 2B or something... funnily enough, I don't think I had any problems with that part, but I can see how it can go wrong. A bit weird that I can't remember struggling with this at all lol.

I am really curious who the villain doing all this is. Why do that to Pascal and the happy robots? Why is the amusement park theme gone and all the robots there are creepy zombies?
I think you were wondering about this before? Tbh I'm not entirely sure if this was ever clearly stated, but you can infer some stuff just by knowing that N2 (the red girls/ego of the machine network) basically tried to force evolution. The machines could've won this war long ago, but they kept trying new things (like disconnecting Pascal's village from the network) to evolve and break free from their masters' orders to defeat the enemy. Basically they wanted to free themselves, and this being machines and such, it doesn't really matter how they make it there.

So I took it as A) another try to force evolution (possibly gone wrong) or B) Them simply being useless now, so it's trying to get rid of these groups. Cruelty is another staple of the author's stories lol.

@Nii RIP to my save data, ayy.
I wonder, did you like that last part? Think it was pretty fun/creative.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'll put a little reminder for @GrySun here :heh

Also dunno how much you care, but might as well throw some pics your way. IIRC A2 became your fav in the end? What would your character ranking look like? I'm curious xD










I really love this comic :lmao
 
Last edited:

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Nice pics. Pascal :biblethump

Yeah, if you don't manage to beat the first boss you have to do all of it again... This is honestly a Yoko Taro game thing though, he likes to include some annoying/very hard aspects in all of his works so far (Drakengard 3 is especially ridiculous in that regard). Ofc some stuff might just be bad design-choices, you can't always tell, but I feel some stuff is just too ridiculous to not be included on purpose.
I just don't really get the purpose. The rest of the game gives you plenty save spots, and EVEN autosaves you(despite the game often telling you "there is no autosaving" they're lying) like before a boss(first fight vs Adam comes to mind, yes you get 1-shot by him on Hard lol but he does nothing at start so you can retrieve your body easily and try again as often as you need).

So, if it's supposed to be a challenge, why not make whole game more challenging with limited save spots? And if not, why not make the beginning easier to not frustrate people needlessly? Rather confusing but oh well.

This is probably an intentional design-choice too, like you really "feeling" what it's like for 2B or something... funnily enough, I don't think I had any problems with that part, but I can see how it can go wrong. A bit weird that I can't remember struggling with this at all lol.


I guess they were successful with that, though all they'd need to do is lower the chance of dying/game over while in this state. Crawling and getting punched around, stumbling around, til you reach a place? Ok. But if you're unlucky with enemy attacks or dare to crawl in a different path, and you're gonna die and be sent back(first time even sent back to beginning of Route C because I didn't save in the Flooded City).

Just don't see why it's extra frustrating, like first time I got punched into that hole in the middle, and despite there being a ladder 2B cannot use it due to her issues. Impossible to exit, so you gotta reload or wait until she dies. No recovering.

But nvm my rambling, I did it in like 3 tries, just felt needlessly frustrating by design.

I think you were wondering about this before? Tbh I'm not entirely sure if this was ever clearly stated, but you can infer some stuff just by knowing that N2 (the red girls/ego of the machine network) basically tried to force evolution. The machines could've won this war long ago, but they kept trying new things (like disconnecting Pascal's village from the network) to evolve and break free from their masters' orders to defeat the enemy. Basically they wanted to free themselves, and this being machines and such, it doesn't really matter how they make it there.

So I took it as A) another try to force evolution (possibly gone wrong) or B) Them simply being useless now, so it's trying to get rid of these groups. Cruelty is another staple of the author's stories lol.
This makes good sense yes. I just wonder why what they did was sometimes borderline... psychotic? Evolution ok, but some actions really seem like they have no gain whatsoever for a logical machine and are only driven by a mind looking to torture others for fun. I mean you could say they were trying to see how 2B reacts when they use her hacked operator to say weird things, for example, but welp. Just seemed to me like there's a conscious human-esque mind at work behind it all there due to the nature of it all. Even that boyish voice of the final tower sounds like it's mocking 9S at all times.

One theory I had while playing was, when you uncover some documents regarding a "Gestalt" project meant to transfer human conscious, that they were all transferred to the machines. Tho that seems to have been wrong, still think it'd have been interesting to connect the machine's origins to humans rather than to aliens.

I wonder, did you like that last part? Think it was pretty fun/creative.
Yes I liked it. I was overall a huge fan of the shooting-minigame to the point I was hacking all the time with 9S. If you hack A2 in the final battle it'll even have very unique hacking sections, take a look if you've not seen it. The last one looks like the menu screen.

Shooting-minigame aside, I was frustrated that I kept failing before other people helped. I wondered if that was intentional, ie. it is absolutely impossible to do it alone, or whether I just failed so often that the game showed me pity.

I took care of most sidequests by that time I believe, so I didn't mind it deleting everything. Though I also honestly thought they were not serious, like who does that LOL. What if Mario was like "you beat the game, Imma delete your save file if you want the best ending".

Also dunno how much you care, but might as well throw some pics your way. IIRC A2 became your fav in the end? What would your character ranking look like? I'm curious xD
A2 was my favorite yes. Followed up by Pascal, then 9S and then finally 2Be. Feels like they didn't flesh out 2B enough for me to care about her, which they did a lot better with A2 who, despite a rather similar personality to 2B, I liked a lot more.

Pascal was just so peaceful and reasonable, hard to dislike. I just don't get why the children killed themselves, when Pascal assured them they'd be fine and he would protect them. I suspect they were hacked and forced to suicide instead, not the "fear" thing they used as an explanation to make Pascal despair. Of course I just wiped the memories, though the result was hardly still the same Pascal. But who is to say that he can't go back to his old path?

9S was my favorite for a long time until he lost his mind completely. Idk for all the "advancedness" of the scanner models, I'd have thought he could regain his composure. I was feeling they were setting up a fight between 9S and A2 ever since early in route C, and Pompom and me were like "he better straighten up by then", he didn't so we easily both wanted to support A2 at the end.

Otherwise, 2B's pod was great and fun in many scenes, especially with A2. Have no thoughts on the Commander woman and Devola and Popola were interesting but feels like they're remnants of a different game so hard to get too much into them here.


----------------------

You don't have to respond to everything here dw :p Just giving some more thoughts. You playing Replicant yet? I'll let it wait for a bit til I'm done with some other things, like the recent Mass Effect remaster.
 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,074
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
Kinda late but here some art for you as promised~
Also I will try get more active con Discord.

(also even if we're currently on the Jujutsu train hype lately, I have been re-reading Chainsaw Man and some parts are also so good, we should come back to that hype soon as well).












Tagging @Juviii for the Gojo art.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
9S was my favorite for a long time until he lost his mind completely. Idk for all the "advancedness" of the scanner models, I'd have thought he could regain his composure. I was feeling they were setting up a fight between 9S and A2 ever since early in route C, and Pompom and me were like "he better straighten up by then", he didn't so we easily both wanted to support A2 at the end.
Btw a big reason for him losing all reasons is the virus considering it makes the holder insane, even tho nines technically didn't get it at the start cuz he disconnected form server when the attack happen, he could easily get infected later on, just like what happen with 2B, and that's exactly what happened
He knew A2 killed 2B cuz she was infected but really with everything gone and a big part of his reasons living gone, "fuck it" mentality took over + N2 fucking with him and trolling him at the end with all the turth hammers, your existence denied and all, and it just part of one big joke that you were all made to die for nothing
And virus as i said

Guy kinda went through the stages of grief in one moment
He usually more calm as seen in yorha boys (well 9H, his predecessor) and in the novels when 2E kills him, he more acceptant than anything
He also the one that told 2B to continue to kill him if it meant his future self can stay with her



Btw if 2A your favourite, i recommend watching or reading about yorha girls considering it cover how she became a deserted and what she did before

So, if it's supposed to be a challenge, why not make whole game more challenging with limited save spots? And if not, why not make the beginning easier to not frustrate people needlessly? Rather confusing but oh well.
It's it's a yoko taro game, is simply the best answer.... He known for doing it

Honestly even with everything it still rather easy as a game
At least to everyone that went through hell called darkengard 3 boss fight
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Surprise answer incoming : D

So, if it's supposed to be a challenge, why not make whole game more challenging with limited save spots? And if not, why not make the beginning easier to not frustrate people needlessly? Rather confusing but oh well.
It's a bit like Asako pointed out I think, the writer likes doing really weird and incomprehensible stuff at times. Ofc you might as well just consider this a bad design choice, but all of his games have at least one ridiculous part. (though to be fair, I don't find the beginning THAT hard. The only troll move here is that you have to do the whole thing again if you die)

I guess they were successful with that, though all they'd need to do is lower the chance of dying/game over while in this state. Crawling and getting punched around, stumbling around, til you reach a place? Ok. But if you're unlucky with enemy attacks or dare to crawl in a different path, and you're gonna die and be sent back(first time even sent back to beginning of Route C because I didn't save in the Flooded City).

Just don't see why it's extra frustrating, like first time I got punched into that hole in the middle, and despite there being a ladder 2B cannot use it due to her issues. Impossible to exit, so you gotta reload or wait until she dies. No recovering.

But nvm my rambling, I did it in like 3 tries, just felt needlessly frustrating by design.
Basically see what I wrote above. Ofc it doesn't always work out as intended, for this one I'm not quite sure if it's intentional or not lol. You probably had some bad luck they didn't really account for, bc I don't remember struggling with this part at all.

This makes good sense yes. I just wonder why what they did was sometimes borderline... psychotic? Evolution ok, but some actions really seem like they have no gain whatsoever for a logical machine and are only driven by a mind looking to torture others for fun. I mean you could say they were trying to see how 2B reacts when they use her hacked operator to say weird things, for example, but welp. Just seemed to me like there's a conscious human-esque mind at work behind it all there due to the nature of it all. Even that boyish voice of the final tower sounds like it's mocking 9S at all times.

One theory I had while playing was, when you uncover some documents regarding a "Gestalt" project meant to transfer human conscious, that they were all transferred to the machines. Tho that seems to have been wrong, still think it'd have been interesting to connect the machine's origins to humans rather than to aliens.
Weeeell, you would need to play Replicant first to properly discuss this. But yes, the machine network is somewhat "corrupted" or whatever you want to call it right from the start, beginning with their creation (hence their often evil/psychotic actions). As for the why, I can't really talk about that yet, would involve spoilers from Replicant (the remaster thankfully adds some more definite connection to Automata).

Yes I liked it. I was overall a huge fan of the shooting-minigame to the point I was hacking all the time with 9S. If you hack A2 in the final battle it'll even have very unique hacking sections, take a look if you've not seen it. The last one looks like the menu screen.

Shooting-minigame aside, I was frustrated that I kept failing before other people helped. I wondered if that was intentional, ie. it is absolutely impossible to do it alone, or whether I just failed so often that the game showed me pity.
Oh yeah, the shooting minigame was really fun! Did that a lot as well haha. Hacking every enemy would tire me out eventually, but it was a cool mechanic for sure. Think I've actually done the hacking on A2 once as well, like how creative that was.

About the last segment, I think you're not supposed to clear it on your own. It's probably not 100% impossible, but your memory getting wiped to help others is a vital part of this ending. If it was relatively easy to do, it would defeat the point in my eyes. Never really looked into it lol, kinda curious if someone managed to clear it on his own.

I took care of most sidequests by that time I believe, so I didn't mind it deleting everything. Though I also honestly thought they were not serious, like who does that LOL. What if Mario was like "you beat the game, Imma delete your save file if you want the best ending".
Reminds me, did you do all of the endings? Like everything from A-Z. There's some good stuff in there, though at least one is more enjoyable if you play Replicant first.
And lol I get you, it's a pretty unique concept no one else really does. But I think that makes it all the better.

A2 was my favorite yes. Followed up by Pascal, then 9S and then finally 2Be. Feels like they didn't flesh out 2B enough for me to care about her, which they did a lot better with A2 who, despite a rather similar personality to 2B, I liked a lot more.
Hmmm it's been a while, but yeah, I think 2B's development was more subtle. The game gives you enough insight and hints about her feelings etc. though, in my eyes. It just can be more easily missed. A2 was more obvious on that front, probably mostly thanks to her being a lot more outspoken and aggressive. I like them both, but as you know, I prefer 2B by a lot :p

Pascal was just so peaceful and reasonable, hard to dislike. I just don't get why the children killed themselves, when Pascal assured them they'd be fine and he would protect them. I suspect they were hacked and forced to suicide instead, not the "fear" thing they used as an explanation to make Pascal despair. Of course I just wiped the memories, though the result was hardly still the same Pascal. But who is to say that he can't go back to his old path?
Yeah definitely, very likeable character. And he had to suffer for it :feelsbadman

As for why the machines started going mad, I think that's obviously because they were infected. I believe it gets mentioned that the village got attacked? That's probably when some of the machines attacking spread their madness. We never get a concrete answer though, so it's up to what you personally want to think.

And yes I also wiped the memory. As you say, I think he will go back to his old path eventually, and he doesn't deserve all the suffering he had to endure.

9S was my favorite for a long time until he lost his mind completely. Idk for all the "advancedness" of the scanner models, I'd have thought he could regain his composure. I was feeling they were setting up a fight between 9S and A2 ever since early in route C, and Pompom and me were like "he better straighten up by then", he didn't so we easily both wanted to support A2 at the end.
Agreed about 9S going a bit too crazy, which destroyed a good part of his character. I believe his actions are mostly caused by the logic virus though, as you could see by the end he clearly was infected and slowly went mad, so that's why he never regained his composure. He can be as advanced as he wants, there's nothing YorHa units can do against that virus.

Not denying it's a bit unfortunate in terms of character development and whatnot, but kind characters drawing the short stick is a pretty common thing in Yoko games... I think had 9S be sane, a lot in the end there would've went differently. Then again, in the end it turned out somewhat fine, for 9S and 2B at least.

Otherwise, 2B's pod was great and fun in many scenes, especially with A2. Have no thoughts on the Commander woman and Devola and Popola were interesting but feels like they're remnants of a different game so hard to get too much into them here.
True, the pod's were really cool xD (especially 2B's) The commander didn't leave that much of an impression on me, either. It's actually one of the few flaws of the game in my eyes, namely that not enough characters get fleshed out, or more of a spotlight. Most of the Yorha units remain relatively bland, which is a shame.
About Devola and Popola, yeah, you definitely need to play Replicant to get the whole picture. They never get a big amount of focus, but I like them quite a bit. "Devola and Popola did nothing wrong" is a bit of a meme in the fanbase, for various reasons.

You don't have to respond to everything here dw :p Just giving some more thoughts. You playing Replicant yet? I'll let it wait for a bit til I'm done with some other things, like the recent Mass Effect remaster.
Haha I had to answer all of it anyway, even though I'm way too late. Sorry for that :(
And yes, already played the remaster by the time you asked lol. Think overall it was done really well, though it's age and design flaws still show. Don't expect something on the same level as Automata, but it is a good game and very important to the overall story, so I hope you'll check it out eventually. Or maybe you already have? :XD

Also I will try get more active con Discord.
That didn't really work out, now did it? :emobirb

(also even if we're currently on the Jujutsu train hype lately, I have been re-reading Chainsaw Man and some parts are also so good, we should come back to that hype soon as well).
We will get back to it with the anime, I'm sure. Read the author's new oneshot too, and that was pretty good as well! Here's hoping he'll launch Part 2 of Chainsaw Man in the not too distant future.

It's it's a yoko taro game, is simply the best answer.... He known for doing it
Yoko is a such a weirdo haha, but that's why we love him. Btw Asa, how are you doing? We haven't talked in a while.

I know this one... :XD A bit ambivalent about it. It's funny, and I like the guy, but he's basically riding the "Fate is complicated lul hahaha" meme for laughs again. Good video to have some fun, but as a honest and comprehensive explanation for the Fate franchise it's kind of useless, and makes it look worse than it actually is. Doesn't help that he gets a lot of facts wrong. He added that "Badly" to the video title later on, after he got a lot of shit for his video lol.
 
Top