Seinen - A Girl by the Sea by Asano Inio | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen A Girl by the Sea by Asano Inio

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Oh so we caught up with the regular releases then right?

I find something interesting about this manga about the ironic way that the story is mature/adult/18+ ect, both story and art though, and how the essence of the story is basically about teenage love. Though that love is not idealized, nor is it done in a comical fashion, realism is realism, somewhat of a "dirty realism", but still more psychological.

Ikari

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
Volume 1 has been scanslated, later chapters that have yet to be collected in a volume, haven't been, no raws either, basically what Kaiten said, so yeah, we're lagging behind the magazine releases.

---------- Post added September 09, 2012 at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was August 27, 2012 at 03:50 PM ----------

Sorry for the double post, Manga-News announced that (I think the source is the latest Manga Erotics F mag) it's ending in 79th issue of the magazine next January. Hopefully that means they'll get around to announcing the 2nd volume sooner or later.

Last edited:

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah Inio has many projects, and he is working on them at the same time. If this ends quickly it would not be a surprise a short story feel to this is quite nice for me. :nod

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
So this is from the second volume? Damn, the first one ended in such a cliffhanger though. D:

Ikari

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
Yeah, well, the chapter that will be in the 2nd volume, friend of mine got the latest Manga Erotics F issue and sent me this, unfortunately he does not have the previous issues. :(

Gantzter127

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Gonna start reading tomorrow, looking forward to it.

---------- Post added November 18, 2012 at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was November 17, 2012 at 01:47 AM ----------

Good manga, any idea of the date of newer chapter releases?

Ikari

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
Probably some time next year, the final chapter will be released in the next issue of Manga Erotics F, then we'll get the date for the 2nd volume.

Gantzter127

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Thanks for the info, loving Asano Inio's work so far. Just finished the first volume of oyasumi Punpun, it's so different to A girl by the sea. I love how he's trying a little bit of everything. ^^

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Different subject matter, yet we can see the disturbing surrealism in on and the very RAW realism in the other. It's mostly psychological, this manga is psychological even though it may appear real, it is a different kind of psychological realism to me. Punpun is surreal and more artsy, this is more forward in your face but more relatable.

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Um, Ikari are these color pages you posted from the new volume or:

A Girl By the Sea, from the latest issue of Manga Erotics F

Scans by a friend, so please don't shove these on tumblr etc. without credit. thanks.
?

Ikari

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
These are from the latest issue of Manga Erotics F where the last chapter was posted in, so it had a bunch of bonus stuff as well. Magazine lists the new volume for 21st February.

I figured the volume probably won't have the color pages so I posted them. :)

Last edited:

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
These are from the latest issue of Manga Erotics F where the last chapter was posted in, so it had a bunch of bonus stuff as well. Magazine lists the new volume for 21st February.

I figured the volume probably won't have the color pages so I posted them. :)
Thanks. :)

Yeah, maybe after the volume release we get the scan, great stuff, I still do think the ending might be a bit rushed, but oh well, one more volume will be a nice read. The manga had potential, but Inio perhaps did not want to pile too much on it, a story like this is read in one breath and is short.

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
It seems according to mangaupdates that chapter 11 has been scanned, can't find it though, this does seem like GREAT news if this is the case. :nod

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Scans are picking up, so far 3 chapters released form the new volume.^^

The second volume is really a change in the story for me. :s

Chapter 13, lol, another sexually heavy chapter ... hmm, I dunno, it seem to go to no end. :XD

---------- Post added April 11, 2014 at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was March 24, 2014 at 05:59 AM ----------

Removed from batoto due to the explicit content. ._.

Dunno this manga is not living up to the other works of the author, it's good, had an interesting start, development is rather stalling .. then again it's the point but I think it's okay to stick with it. Chapter 14 is out.

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 AM ----------

Seriously poop eating in this manga? lol, not explicit, but that was a :rofl scene. :XD Sorry, but they blocked for this? :p

Last edited: