Anime A Hunter x Hunter Movie

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Hey, Shalnark looks pretty young for 24, doesn't he? What makes you assume he didn't look younger before? I mean, Pyro could be older than Kurapika but look younger.
 

Kamen Rider Dragon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 4, 2012
Messages
239
Reaction score
220
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Unless Shalnark uses contacts, then his eyes are not even Kurapika's color.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I think that Shalnark is from the Lukso Province originally or is of Lukso descent. He may not specifically be a Kurta but with clothing like that it's hard to say he isn't at least from the same land as Kurapika.
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Kurapika takes his wig off in the car, so he still has it, just not in this scene. The manga and 1999 series were the same way.
 

The Invertroid

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2012
Messages
236
Reaction score
136
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh that is Shalnark! Ha ha... I can't believe I didnt see that.

I can't say I'm a fan of his new color scheme for the movie. His clothes are the same ugly lime green that Gon had in the 1999 anime.
 

Kamen Rider Dragon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 4, 2012
Messages
239
Reaction score
220
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh that is Shalnark! Ha ha... I can't believe I didnt see that.

I can't say I'm a fan of his new color scheme for the movie. His clothes are the same ugly lime green that Gon had in the 1999 anime.
Its looks like a flashback so I don't expect that to be his look for the movie
 

EverEndingStory

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2012
Messages
72
Reaction score
47
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
It's a flashback. The biggest tell is the appearance of Chrollo, which matches how the manga depicts him during the troupe's formative years.

Hypothesis: could this image be depicting the moments directly prior to the Kurta massacre? If Shalnark is Kurta, or connected to them, this could explain why he looks like he is running to stop them. Being that Uvo and Nobunaga have been established as the main frontline of the troupe, it would make since then why they are in front, if they are indeed about to start the massacre.

Another little thing I've noticed (let me know if its been noted before) - Shalnark's color scheme in the Nippon Animation is the same as Pairo's. Odd coincidence?



 
Last edited:

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
If you go full zoom on the image and look at Feitan, behind him is a map with a knife stabbed into it. Perhaps the knife is stabbed onto the Kurta tribeland in Lukso province?
 

The Invertroid

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2012
Messages
236
Reaction score
136
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Question: If this movie shows the Kurta Tribe massacre, would it be considered a canonical portrayal of the event, even though the rest of the movie is a non-canon "what if" story?
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Question: If this movie shows the Kurta Tribe massacre, would it be considered a canonical portrayal of the event, even though the rest of the movie is a non-canon "what if" story?
The entire film is written by Togashi. It is one of the many different versions of York New that he wrote. I'm pretty sure that the massacre would be completely canon.
 

riniloves

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
224
Reaction score
179
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
Hey, Shalnark looks pretty young for 24, doesn't he? What makes you assume he didn't look younger before? I mean, Pyro could be older than Kurapika but look younger.
I can guess.... Pairo is as old as Gon or Killua based on this pic
when they were younger before kurata tribe massacre you could clearly see the age and height difference...
Shalnark is I think the same or maybe older than Kurapika...
Pairo cant be Shalnark.... pretty impossible.... for now....

zoom this pic and see who has shorter legs....
 

there76

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2012
Messages
176
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I have not been keeping track of this movie, but what is it exactly about? Is it just a rehash of the yorknew city arc with a back story added in?
 

Keirin

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2012
Messages
84
Reaction score
37
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Finland
It's an alternative version of yorkshin arc Togashi wrote and scrapped.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
It's an alternative version of yorkshin arc Togashi wrote and scrapped.
I think we will be able to tell why it was scrapped LOL
 

Akia999

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
905
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
^
I have seen several too.Mainly hisoka and illumi.
And this.

Is that puppeteer a guy or girl?:notsure
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
^It's a dude... :p
 

heron bpv

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
391
Reaction score
254
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
^Better yet, it's a trap.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,131
Reaction score
20,256
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell

So this is the final trailer?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top