Anime A Hunter x Hunter Movie

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Not to burst anyone's balloon, but isn't a movie revolve solely around Netero and Heaven's Arena a little unlikely? It would be an awesome movie, but I think that a lot of people who'd want to watch an HxH movie (especially kids) would want to see Gon and co. as well. I mean even with extremely popular and succesful franchises such as One Piece would never dream on having a movie revolve around a secondary character and his background. I think that the next movie is going to be similar to this one, but instead of focusing on Kurapika's story it'll focus on Netero's, with the main characters having a part in it as well.
 

Meso

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2012
Messages
63
Reaction score
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Uhhh Bro. Netero is NO WAY IN ANYWAY! A secondary character. He's the leader of the Hunter Organization. The strongest Hunter, and the most decorated and lively character of the whole show. He's almost a main. I think he deserves some spotlight. Aside from his role in Chiemra ants. I miss him! :O
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
He's an important character yes, but he's still technically a secondary character. The main characters would be Gon, Killua, Kurapika and Leorio, and event then there are some people who don't even find the latter two to be main characters.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,710
Reaction score
61,420
Gender
Male
Country
France

Riruru

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2012
Messages
182
Reaction score
298
Gender
Female
Country
Canada


So, is that a comparison of the most money made by movies on their opening weekends? Or just a list of some random ones? Sounds awesome either way.
 

Kamen Rider Dragon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 4, 2012
Messages
239
Reaction score
220
Gender
Male
Country
United States


So, is that a comparison of the most money made by movies on their opening weekends? Or just a list of some random ones? Sounds awesome either way.
Yeah it's a comparison of the other movies.
 

ssjup81

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2012
Messages
52
Reaction score
24
Age
45
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I know it's been a while since I've posted anything. I've just been lurking. That aside, I'm tempted to go see the Hunter x Hunter movie, despite the fact I haven't kept up with the newer anime at all. I just couldn't get into it much. I can watch it on television and I know it'd be easy to follow, seeing as how I still read its manga and watched the 1999 series (which I still love despite its flaws [especially the seiyuu and the music]). I know the movie came out last weekend. Maybe I'll try going to the movies Sunday to watch it. I read the Kurapika special mentioned a while back, and boy was I fangirling over it! It was so nice to finally read about his past. Long awaited on my part. I had many theories, of course. lol

If I don't see it...it's because I chickened out and felt too nervous to even attempt to go to a Japanese theatre to see an animated film without a kid by my side. Maybe I can talk a couple of friends into going. We'll look foolish together. ^^ lol
 

Riruru

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2012
Messages
182
Reaction score
298
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Another trailer uploaded onto Megumi Han fan's facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=10151396776442268
(edit: whoops, didn't see it in the other thread)

I know it's been a while since I've posted anything. I've just been lurking. That aside, I'm tempted to go see the Hunter x Hunter movie, despite the fact I haven't kept up with the newer anime at all. I just couldn't get into it much. I can watch it on television and I know it'd be easy to follow, seeing as how I still read its manga and watched the 1999 series (which I still love despite its flaws [especially the seiyuu and the music]). I know the movie came out last weekend. Maybe I'll try going to the movies Sunday to watch it. I read the Kurapika special mentioned a while back, and boy was I fangirling over it! It was so nice to finally read about his past. Long awaited on my part. I had many theories, of course. lol

If I don't see it...it's because I chickened out and felt too nervous to even attempt to go to a Japanese theatre to see an animated film without a kid by my side. Maybe I can talk a couple of friends into going. We'll look foolish together. ^^ lol
Actually, I heard from a lot of people who went that most of the theatre was filled with people who were at least 20 years old.

And I think any bit of new HxH material is worth checking out whether one has seen the new series or not.
 
Last edited:

ssjup81

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2012
Messages
52
Reaction score
24
Age
45
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I'm over the age of 20. Way over it, in fact, although, I get mistaken for being in my early 20s all the time. lol
 

zzigg

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2012
Messages
502
Reaction score
278
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Another trailer uploaded onto Megumi Han fan's facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=10151396776442268
(edit: whoops, didn't see it in the other thread)



Actually, I heard from a lot of people who went that most of the theatre was filled with people who were at least 20 years old.

And I think any bit of new HxH material is worth checking out whether one has seen the new series or not.
despite being a shonen manga hxh is actually good for mature readers that why you will find less kids and more grown up viewers but i doubt it for the next movie. the theater will be filled with everyone ..i think you read the manga and you know why..the ideas that togashi bring are really mature plus his wonderful art make hxh a masterpiece 'i know sometime he f*** it up but .....''..if just he wasn't going through those hiatsu he would be number 1 in japan
If I don't see it...it's because I chickened out and felt too nervous to even attempt to go to a Japanese theatre to see an animated film without a kid by my side. Maybe I can talk a couple of friends into going. We'll look foolish together. ^^ lol
it's not something to be ashamed of.. if i was there i swear i would horn in with kids even if i was over 30.... kids are the future my ass..am the future..​
 

miotara

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 14, 2011
Messages
45
Reaction score
18
Gender
Female
Country
France
Don't worry ssjup81, you will not look foolish. I was afraid of the same thing (I'm 24), that I would stand out in a cinema full of kids and since I'm a westerner it would be worse.

I went yesterday and I was so surprised. I swear there wasn't a single person that looked under 18, I even saw people that looked over 40. I guess Japanese people don't care what other people think, they like something, they go for it. It's the same thing with clothes. If I had to describe their fashion sense I would say it is "everything goes with everything". I've seen some really weird fashion styles but no one judges (unless it is too revealing, they're modest). I love this kind of mentality, and I'm really gonna miss it when I go back home.

As for the movie, well my Japanese sucks so I understood only about half of it. It was ok for a movie but definetely not at the level of Togashi. The vilain lacked debth (that could be due to my low understanding of Japanese so don't pay too much attention to it) and some of the characters felt passive, especially the Genei Ryodan. It is difficult to explain without giving anything away.

I got the free booklet too. I wasn't expecting it really because I thought that they only had them for the first screenings and the movie has been out for a week now. It is in Japanese though "sigh"
 

GingFuriksu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2012
Messages
409
Reaction score
217
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm over the age of 20. Way over it, in fact, although, I get mistaken for being in my early 20s all the time. lol
Where in the United States can you watch the HxH movie in theaters ? O.o
 

ssjup81

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2012
Messages
52
Reaction score
24
Age
45
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I live in Japan. lol
 

ssjup81

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2012
Messages
52
Reaction score
24
Age
45
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Nah, just usually busy stressing over work (this job ends in March, btw, and I'm looking forward to it, but hope I got the other job I applied for so I can stay over here). Also, the nearest theater isn't close to me. I live in a small town of the Yamagata prefecture. The closest movie theaters to me are in Yamagata city and Yonezawa city. I also don't drive, so that's an issue. I could always take the train to either place (Yamagata especially, since I used to live there when I was here my first time back in 2010 [I went home shortly after the earthquake in 2011 and returned to Japan in late March 2012]), but it's a hassle for that sole reason, unless I plan to stay overnight or something. If I drove, it'd be more convenient.

Like I said, maybe I could ask a couple of friends if they'd like to go. I saw the live-action Rurouni Kenshin movie with them (despite my not being a Kenshin fan). My Japanese sucks big time though, but I figured out what was going on, for the most part, through the scenes. I'm sure I could get the gist of a Hunter x Hunter movie. lol
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,710
Reaction score
61,420
Gender
Male
Country
France
Other questions haven't been translated yet?
 
Top