Spoiler Akatsuki no Yona Spoiler & Chapter Discussion

@Aylinn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
204
Reaction score
268
Country
Poland
Oh so... for the record...
Yona HAS NOT forgiven soowon yet contrary to what people might think.
That whole journey of “understanding” him/ his intentions did not abate the gravity of murder. Good to know.
Well, she didn’t forgive him, but she moved on and does not want to take revenge on Su-won contrary to what a lot bigger amount of people thought. If she doesn’t want to forgive Soo-won, it is her right. It is good enough that she wants to move on and find her happiness rather then focusing on unpleasant emotions and destroying someone’s else life.

I like this scene where Kyo-ga confronts Yona and asks her about her goal. It confirms speculations and I think we have heard nothing about what Yona thinks on the matter, since chapter 110.

I am not a fan of another kidnapping as well. However, it may be good and hopefully it will be, since a good execution is all that can save it from being boring.

If Yona is kidnapped, I hope there will be a lot of good scenes between Su-won and Hak who will be forced to cooperate with each other or something like this.
 

Trjpyo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2017
Messages
139
Reaction score
67
Country
Water Tribe
Quite frankly i never imagined the much anticipated kai arc to open with another kidnapping and a drama similar to the sei arc. Very disappointing.

Also not satisfied with the mc having such abstract and broad goals. For a manga thats tagged as adventure, i expect no less than a concrete goal . This is probably the reason why the author is using kidnapping/hostage taking for the 3rd time in a row. I mean, how else is the author gonna rope in her aimless mc in the major plot points if not by dragging her in?
It doesnt sit well for me that the mc has more of a slice of life mindset placed in an adventure manga. She just gets dragged around like a rag doll. Bad.
 
Last edited:

@Aylinn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
204
Reaction score
268
Country
Poland
I don’t mind her goal and I even think it is good it is something that is consistent with what the story presented and not something cliche, but I understand your point. The problem with Yona is that she meddles into politics without having the slightest idea about politics, which leaves her a passive role and stumbling into political problems by accident. If she knew something she could take some initiative like the main character of Song of the Long March.

---
I think it would be a good idea if Yona got reminded about what Su-won told her about Il killing Yu-hon and she started to investigate the past. It would give her some initiative. She didn't believe that her father could do something like this back in the Fire Tribe, so maybe if this time some interesting information popped up and made her reconsider?
 
Last edited:

SamuelDean

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2017
Messages
253
Reaction score
175
Country
Dragonstone
I wonder if something like this happens when the mangaka has too few secrets in her plot that she can reveal...I mean storywise it doesn´t make much sense that Yona didn´t investigate if her father was responsible for the murder of Yu hon or not. Sometimes Yona acts like a child, what isn´t that bad since she is still so young, but it isn´t dealt with in this manga.
Yona is supposed to be great and the reader has to buy that....No matter if she really acts so heroic or if some of her actions are rather...I don´t know...not so wise.
 

@Aylinn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
204
Reaction score
268
Country
Poland
I wonder if something like this happens when the mangaka has too few secrets in her plot that she can reveal.
About this, I think it would be doable if it were an addition to the current arc and she also added red herrings. I suppose that Yona would not leave happily in the situation when her country is invaded, but even if she could not leave, she could try to investigate. Ask the older people who may know something, etc. If the war got bigger and other tribes joined, maybe she would be able to ask the generals from other tribes, etc.
 

Y-min

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 23, 2018
Messages
16
Reaction score
4
Country
Abu Dhabi
My question is ~~are they well succeed to abdicate her or not cuz if they not the story we’ll be boring , l mean I want to see other side of yona & to this story & what she will do after that , I hope ch164 will not be disappointed
 

Teshlola

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 2, 2017
Messages
10
Reaction score
3
Country
Raven Tail
Since we’re seeing a lot of Ogi recently, I hope we get a back story of how he met Young Soowon. I think that would be an interesting story. And who gave him the name Won, and when did Ogi find out his true identity or has he always known.
This could be a good filler Just because the main story line is going to fast. And not a lot is happening.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Spoiler yona and the dragons are taken to Hazara’s castle. Where Gobi believe if yona is injured the dragon power will awaken. But in the end get kick by yona.(another kicking scene)
Nothing new, next chapter 5th nov
 

Trjpyo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2017
Messages
139
Reaction score
67
Country
Water Tribe
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Spoiler yona and the dragons are taken to Hazara’s castle. Where Gobi believe if yona is injured the dragon power will awaken. But in the end get kick by yona.(another kicking scene)
Nothing new, next chapter 5th nov
Wut!? How in blazes does she get kidnapped when zeno and jeaha are with her?
Boooo. Oh well, at least i know now which arc i detest the most.

(#><)
Just saw the raw scans... i had initially thought from the previous chap that this kidnapping wasnt gonna push through bec she had the 2 dragons with her but... it did happen, unfortunately. I have no reason to stick around for the remainder of this arc ~ see u all at the end of this kai arc!
 
Last edited:

lam100889

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 5, 2018
Messages
2
Reaction score
2
Age
35
Country
United States
Hi guys!
Where did you read the raw of chapter 164? I can't find them anywhere :(
Here is the raw link site: http://wasabisyrup.com/archives/q7zBZm6HwKA
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Wut!? How in blazes does she get kidnapped when zeno and jeaha are with her?
Boooo. Oh well, at least i know now which arc i detest the most.

(#><)
Just saw the raw scans... i had initially thought from the previous chap that this kidnapping wasnt gonna push through bec she had the 2 dragons with her but... it did happen, unfortunately. I have no reason to stick around for the remainder of this arc ~ see u all at the end of this kai arc!
The only reason they could force Yona and the dragons to go with them was because they used Yoon who could not fight as a hostage. If Yoon was not with them then they will not be kidnapped so easy. I don't mean to say Yoon is worthless but as a fighter then he is just not good in that area.
 

@Aylinn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
204
Reaction score
268
Country
Poland
Ok, I looked at the scans and it seems we have another kidnapping. Seriously, it would be more interesting if this time it was Hak who was kidnapped for a change, not Yona. At least it would be a twist! However, let me guess, Kusanagi needed to separate Hak and Yona so that their boring romance can continue moving at a glacial pace.

But, never mind, I don't care about their romance. I only hope that this time we will get more about the three main characters' bond, especially Hak & Soo-won's relationship as their relationship remains rather undeveloped and seeing them interact, for example, to save Yona has a greater potential to be interesting than the boring and reused kidnapped plot. Hopefully Kusanagi has a plan to do something interesting with her characters or we are in store for a very boring arc.
 

Trjpyo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2017
Messages
139
Reaction score
67
Country
Water Tribe
I only hope that this time we will get more about the three main characters' bond, especially Hak & Soo-won's relationship as their relationship remains rather undeveloped and seeing them interact, for example, to save Yona has a greater potential to be interesting than the boring and reused kidnapped plot. Hopefully Kusanagi has a plan to do something interesting with her characters or we are in store for a very boring arc.
I have a feeling we are going to have more keishuk and little to no soowon for this arc. Although saying that is kinda weird bec how can it be the kai arc without soowon?
 
Last edited:

@Aylinn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
204
Reaction score
268
Country
Poland
I have a feeling we are going to have more keishuk and little to no soowon for this arc. Although saying that is kinda weird bec how can it be the kai arc without soowon?
I would not mind more Keishuk as long as it means he will get some interesting backstory. I suppose him getting a proper backstory means we will get some information about Soo-won, since he is his closest advisor and was in Soo-won's household. Even if it is just Keishuk's backstory and how Keishuk perceives Soo-won, it has a good chance to be more interesting than the kidnapping plot. However, I hope that Soo-won will play a major role.
 

SamuelDean

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2017
Messages
253
Reaction score
175
Country
Dragonstone
Me too. It would be great if we get to know more about Keishuk´s past ( and about his point of view concerning the murder of King Il....but also why he is so determined to help Soo Won...I mean he considered for a moment if he should sacrifice himself, which implies more or less that he serves a higher purpose than just selfish creed ( a common motivation among the villains)
 

larena

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 17, 2018
Messages
3
Reaction score
7
Age
28
Country
Water Tribe
Hi everyone! I was having trouble remembering everything that has happened in AnY and where they had been already, so I made this simple map. I decided to come drop it here in case anyone was interested. To me at least it was helpful and cleared up a bit on how the story could continue.
//edit: I messed up the map, forgot the whole Water Tribe arc and guessed some locations wrong. But anyways it's fun to look at... //
https://ibb.co/jXubML
Red: Escape, Priest & Yoon, finding each dragon and returning to meet the priest
Brown: Sen province and the fire tribe, Sei arc, Xing arc
Black: The current Kai arc, with my random blue speculation on how it could go

Hopefully Kusanagi has a plan to do something interesting with her characters or we are in store for a very boring arc.
It would be great if we get to know more about Keishuk´s past
I agree! I really, really have my hopes on this. I too am getting bored seeing how Yona gets dragged around instead of having a solid goal. I wonder if Kusanagi has made their group too overpowered, so that the dragons have to be constantly separated or injured. They haven't lost a single time, I think even the kidnappings could have been more interesting and dramatic than "oops, we were doing some errands and Yona is gone" kind of ones. :D I'd like to see them make some actual errors and struggling through them.
 
Last edited:

lam100889

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 5, 2018
Messages
2
Reaction score
2
Age
35
Country
United States
Hi everyone! I was having trouble remembering everything that has happened in AnY and where they had been already, so I made this simple map. I decided to come drop it here in case anyone was interested. To me at least it was helpful and cleared up a bit on how the story could continue. There might be something I accidentally left off, though.
https://ibb.co/jXubML
Red: Escape, Priest & Yoon, finding each dragon and returning to meet the priest
Brown: Sen province and the fire tribe, Sei arc, Xing arc
Black: The current Kai arc, with my random blue speculation on how it could go



I agree! I really, really have my hopes on this. I too am getting bored seeing how Yona gets dragged around instead of having a solid goal. I wonder if Kusanagi has made their group too overpowered, so that the dragons have to be constantly separated or injured. They haven't lost a single time, I think even the kidnappings could have been more interesting and dramatic than "oops, we were doing some errands and Yona is gone" kind of ones. :D I'd like to see them make some actual errors and struggling through them.

It was not just random that they got kidnap. The spy took Yoon who could not fight hostage to force the group to go peacefully. If it was not due to Yoon then they won't be captured so easily.
 

larena

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 17, 2018
Messages
3
Reaction score
7
Age
28
Country
Water Tribe
It was not just random that they got kidnap. The spy took Yoon who could not fight hostage to force the group to go peacefully. If it was not due to Yoon then they won't be captured so easily.
Thats true, it's not that random. But every time someone has gotten kidnapped, the full group wasn't there to actively witness it happen. So what this tells me is that when they are together, they are unbeatable. It's not wrong, but I personally like having the actual feeling of danger even when everyone is there.
 

Maryam mohamed

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 4, 2018
Messages
35
Reaction score
16
Age
28
Country
Canada
where is soowon. I feel like the new guy is going to mention him or its going to go along the lines of yona and him allying up.
 

Teshlola

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 2, 2017
Messages
10
Reaction score
3
Country
Raven Tail
Looks like the five stars are going to make an appearance. And I think Joodoh. Not sure about soowon.
 

SamuelDean

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2017
Messages
253
Reaction score
175
Country
Dragonstone
I think you mean the three stars. Didn´t two of then die? I wonder if there are other candidates to fill in the gap?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The possibility that Yon hi is the sister of Kuelbo°°
 
Top