All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
For me its the 24th and Tuesday here, and my time is GMT-7, so GMT is 7 hours ahead of my time, and the rules say that it submissions end midnight GMT. It's the 25th for you because Romania is GMT+, not -.

Advanced Coloring Contest said:
The Advanced Contest rolls over at Tuesday every other week.
You will have until Midnight GMT (+0) to submit your entry. Go here to see the time in your timezone.
GMT site said:
Your Local Timezone = GMT - 07:00
Tuesday, 24 June 2008
16:02:11 / 4:02:11 p.m.

Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
Tuesday, 24 June 2008
23:02:11 / 11:02:11 p.m.
 
Last edited:

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
I am sorry for the inconvenience , although that thread was written not by me but by another mod. When I became a mod I took
care of the contests so logically when it was monday here the contest could be close. So I am going to add my GMT there so
there won't be anymore inconveniences. For now please just submit the entry to the next bi-weekly contest and pardon our
mistake. Me and stiluz as art mods decided that the contests will end on mondays which means this contest ended on the 23th
of June 2 days ago. The fact that stiluz changed the dates is not my fault since he forgot to mention that and knowing the date we settled on
I didn't check neither. If it happens that we do the results later than the agreed date is mostly because we are busy with real life problems and
can't be on the computer 24/7 , but that doesn't mean that the contest ends when we posted the results. The contest still
ended when it's supposed to and the submissions that follow ,even if they're submitted before we post the results, will be
taken as for the following week. We are sorry for the inconveniences and hope that you'll understand we're still human.
If you still have any inquiries/doubts/complaints , please feel free to PM and of the admins. Thank you!
 

RealMonkey

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2008
Messages
152
Reaction score
59
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
aww that is soooo gay. Why always naruto scores better, even if it looks shitty. I mean are you serious? Vote please not for the people you like. Vote for the good art. (amateur contest)
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
?

The D.Gray-man one pretty much beat all of them. And a Naruto bias is to be expected, just look at the post counts of each subforum. Regardless of how good it is, chances are people are going to be more inclined to vote for Naruto, unless there's some other omfgholyshitawesome coloring.

Naruto - 27,000 posts
Bleach - 3,400 posts
One Piece - 2,200 posts
Eyeshield 21 - 408 posts
 
Last edited:

RealMonkey

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2008
Messages
152
Reaction score
59
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I didnt said the D. Gray man Colo was bad, just the naruto coloring ;).

I just hate it that they dont vote because the art is good, rather the manga they like. I hope this will change in future, because it is kinda annoying to spend much effort on a pic, but you know you lose because someone used no colors on a naurto panel/page.lol ok it didnt won, but come on. I wouldnt call that: http://mangahelpers.com/photoplog/images/44673/1_naruto403.jpg a coloring.
 
Last edited:

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Polls submitted for both amateur and advanced. You can go vote now.
Sorry for the delay I was too tired to do them yesterday.
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Now that Jaime F. is moderator here (congratulations btw), will he be managing the art contests now too?
 

greek_george

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 8, 2007
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Does anybody know, when the results for the fanart contests will be out?:confused::confused:
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
I'll try to get a hold of stiluz to take care of them today ^^
 

Stiluz

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2005
Messages
513
Reaction score
150
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
OK, the fan art will come up today, I promise! After that I will be on mod-vacation until late July, due to work and other matters.
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
the images are sticking out of the comment again xD "steal us"
 

RealMonkey

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2008
Messages
152
Reaction score
59
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
yaaaayy i´ve won amateur :D yupie thanks for voting friends. :)
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
realmonkey how many contests did you win so far?
 

Meri_maslinkata

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2008
Messages
310
Reaction score
40
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
RealMonkey congratulations for the win :gigglebunny :confetti
Bha i want to win too :wtf :sbunny
 

RealMonkey

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2008
Messages
152
Reaction score
59
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
realmonkey how many contests did you win so far?
Just 2 ^^

but i scored often in the top 3 so it was just a matter of time till i win. Now i will concetrate for the third and meditate and stuff ommmmmm... :D

When i am in advandced, then One Piece will be my victim to color buahaha i promised it McFranky
 

McFranky

Artist
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2007
Messages
220
Reaction score
199
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Yeah you promised and I'll gladly remind you after your next win xD

Btw. yeahhhhh Monkey YOU WON :occa:occa:occa:occa
Now everybody can concentrate on voting for me in the next advanced contest (yeah advertising xD)

The rest in german xD:

Jo digga xD Der erste Sieg war ja noch nen bissel glücklich, der zweite jetzt ist mal wirklich verdient. Hast was wirklich gutes zusammengeschustert, auch wenn die Konkurrenz diesmal etwas schwächer war als gewohnt hast du trotzdem mehr als verdient gewonnen. Eins werd ich dir aber immer vorraus haben, ich habe insgesamt 4 Amateur-Contests gewonnen xDDD
 

RealMonkey

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2008
Messages
152
Reaction score
59
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Yeah you promised and I'll gladly remind you after your next win xD

Btw. yeahhhhh Monkey YOU WON :occa:occa:occa:occa
Now everybody can concentrate on voting for me in the next advanced contest (yeah advertising xD)

The rest in german xD:

Jo digga xD Der erste Sieg war ja noch nen bissel glücklich, der zweite jetzt ist mal wirklich verdient. Hast was wirklich gutes zusammengeschustert, auch wenn die Konkurrenz diesmal etwas schwächer war als gewohnt hast du trotzdem mehr als verdient gewonnen. Eins werd ich dir aber immer vorraus haben, ich habe insgesamt 4 Amateur-Contests gewonnen xDDD
Ja unverhofft siegt oft lol Ich fand des Motiv ja auch total klasse, somit war die Arbeit eigtl. recht einfach. Ich merke auch wie ich immer mehr layer benutze um bestimmte effekte die ich ausm gfx kenne herzunehmen. Mir machts auch immer mehr spaß ^^

Wenn, dann mach ich auch nen vierten.Ich schmuggle mich da rein mit nem zweitaccount also würde des ja zählen xD

btw i´ve voted already for you mcfranky. :D So you will win for sure i think. When does your tutorial come out? I´ve been waiting for years xD.
 

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I'm not sure where to ask. I was prepping a pannel from Sket Dance and I can't tell what I'm looking at in a corner of it. Since it's for a contest when they get going again can I ask here or should I ask at the Sket Dance thread?

Since I live in Indiana, I'm not familiar with overhead railways, so I think it's something in connection to that, and I would like to color the pannel. If this is not the place to ask, I can ask in that thread. It's just this thread is more active than that one and I want to submit the pannel when I finish.

It's here[url]. The top pannel. There's a stairway and a sign that leads to a what? It's the overhang that I'm confused over.

I'm sorry if I asked in the wrong place.
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
First, I'd suggest downloading your own copy of the chapter since OneManga compresses it and the lines aren't as great as a result. As for your question, it looks like it's leading to a walkway at the top of the stairs.
 

Jaime F.

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2007
Messages
2,227
Reaction score
166
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Thanks abcdefghijklol for the congratulation. Yeah, I won't be participating this time. I am new here, so I'll just try to keep an eye out, and see what you guys do during the arts contest.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top