All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Ok ~

Thats the large thumbnail, the one you used in your submission, the one that the submission rules tell us to use.
If you look at the size its only 21.36 kb

This is the original (after upload to photoplog)

and as you can see its size is 115.19 kb

so using the thumbnails is changing the image, you would either have to follow each image into photoplog and view the original to see what it truly looks like or use the original image link when submitting(which is against the rules?)

anyways I noticed this slight downsizing in mine too, but it wasn't that big of a difference in my case.
 

leafです

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 13, 2009
Messages
44
Reaction score
13
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I had some trouble looking for an anime render that has "candy" in it. I ended up using wikipedia and searched the definition of candy. ;^^
Candy:a confection made from a concentrated solution of sugar in water, to which flavorings and colorants are added
An ice pop could be considered candy. lol
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Lol heres a good one that I was thinking about using if anyone is still having trouble

I was gonna go with "Loli's Lolly" or something XD

 

TeAm#7FoReVer

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
327
Reaction score
336
Age
39
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

All the entries are pretty good! I am looking forward for more entries... They are so sweet!

Now my signature is about Madonna and her album Hard Candy, which has great songs. I had another renders to use but I was hesitant because I wanted to make a not anime related signature so I found Madonna. I like the result :)

Btw Buggy, are you not going to participate in this contest?
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

:confetti
The winner of the luck sig contest has been decided, and the winner is Razeus! The decision was close, but the victory is well-deserved. Be sure to give him your congratulations!
:confetti
​

Don't know why, when I upload the sig, quality always goes down =/ And other's sigs don't have this problem =/
Like ~Coffee~ stated, the issue was that you were using the medium thumbnail code. Since the original image size is regulated by the rules, the large thumbnail would be appropriate to use for submission posts. (In fact, it is recommended that everyone use the large thumbnail for purposes of uniformity, but if you want to use one of the smaller thumbnails, that is allowed as well.) The large thumbnail uses the original image instead of a smaller version of reduced quality.

i was reading a chapter of "Pastel" last night and found one of the pages 'candy like'...
is it okay to use this:



not sure if i will still use it because the quality is low, and i had to color it myself :/
I'm glad you decided against using this image. The subject of this image is rather... unclothed. If you had entered it, I probably would have had to ask the other moderators if the image was too suggestive or not :sweatdrop, but your actual submission is very nice.

All of the candy submissions so far look really great. I also want to thank Razeus for the sharing of his renders. That is very generous. :hbunny
 

Razeus

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2009
Messages
151
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Thank you Tsu and to show how much this means I'll be making everyone here something aka a tag or icon you can choose. However I'll choose the picture X3.
 

TeAm#7FoReVer

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
327
Reaction score
336
Age
39
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congratulations Razeus!

Are you going to make tags/icons for us? Thanks:gigglebunny

I think I would the first one, I suppose... I choose a tag, Razeus. Please.

Thanks again! :wtf
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

:occa Congrats to Razeus! :occa​

Great win dude! :thumbs Unlucky to all the other contestants, better luck next time I guess. :p

I just finished up my candy sig, I hope you all like it. :)



VOTE FOR JINBUG!!!!​
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

*Claps for Razeus* I was starting to get worried with that strange voting last time...

Like ~Coffee~ stated, the issue was that you were using the medium thumbnail code. Since the original image size is regulated by the rules, the large thumbnail would be appropriate to use for submission posts. (In fact, it is recommended that everyone use the large thumbnail for purposes of uniformity, but if you want to use one of the smaller thumbnails, that is allowed as well.) The large thumbnail uses the original image instead of a smaller version of reduced quality.
Though the large thumbnail did reduce *change* the image size just a little bit....

Large Thumb = 145.09 KB (148577 bytes)
Size of Original (In Photoplog) = 144.54 KB (148009 bytes)

one of my other submissions was opposite with it reducing the size just a tiny bit... Just thought Id throw that out there.
 

dHEKU

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2008
Messages
66
Reaction score
18
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

argh, quase.

congrats razeus. o/
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

*Claps for Razeus* I was starting to get worried with that strange voting last time...



Though the large thumbnail did reduce *change* the image size just a little bit....

Large Thumb = 145.09 KB (148577 bytes)
Size of Original (In Photoplog) = 144.54 KB (148009 bytes)

one of my other submissions was opposite with it reducing the size just a tiny bit... Just thought Id throw that out there.
Hmm... Okay then. I suppose it does reduce the image a tiny bit.(I was thinking that there would be no reduction due to the relatively small image sizes.) Feel free to use the large thumbnail or the original image, but if you use the original, just be sure to hyperlink the image to the photoplog page for the submission. :hbunny
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

The candy contest has finished, and voting for a winner has now begun. Be sure to cast your vote for your favorite among the sweet eight entries! :tem

As usual, the end of one contest marks the start of another; unlike usual, this contest is quite special. This is the 1st annual anniversary past theme special. Although this is the first anniversary special, this marks the second anniversary of the MH sig contest. (In case that was somewhat unclear, the sig contest is now two years old, but this is the first anniversary special to celebrate the contest's birthday.)

To mark this special birthday for this most grand contest, this anniversary special allows submissions based on themes used in any previous MH sig contest. All previous themes are listed in the MH Sig Contest Hall of Fame. It is all spelled out in the submission thread, but remember that even though you can use past themes for your submissions, you may not resubmit past signatures.

This contest is quite special for having lasted two years and is the longest running art contest on MH. (This is due to a bit of a technicality with the other art contests switching from a monthly format to a seasonal format.) The longevity of this contest is due to the combined efforts of the MH staff and you, the users.

The contributions of users like you can be seen in this discussion thread, in the submission and voting threads, and in the Sig Contest Hall of Fame. Thank you for all of your participation, interest, and support. Without you, none of this would be possible now. :kissbunny

As I mentioned earlier, the other half responsible for this contest is the MangaHelpers staff members who put in the time and effort to make this contest what it is, most notable of whom is Leen. This contest is the brain child of Leen, and without her, this would just be yet another good idea to never be. She created the contest and laid the foundation for what it is today. While the entire staff has helped this contest in a variety of ways, I would also like to make special mention also of bax and koenosaki for their periods as coordinators of the sig contest and of Yabe, vintagemistakes, and Agrias for their support as well.

So, I hope that you all will join me in celebration of the sig contest's 2nd birthday, which will be officially coming up on April 15th. If you have any thoughts or reflections you would like to give, they would be most welcome.

Thank you again from the depths of my heart for making this contest such a success, and may it continue in such marvelous shape for many years to come.
:lovebunny​
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Hi peeps.

So it's been TWO years since our signature contest launched itself. I remembered when it first started, we had trouble to get even THREE signatures. The deadline would get extended again and again to hopefully secure at least THREE signatures.

I can't believe how fast time passed since then. I was a freshman in college at that time and now, I'm almost done with my college already.

Having said that, I hope you guys will continue to support MH and this contest. You do know that without you, our sig contest will NOT last, don't you? So applause to all of you who have participated directly and/or indirectly to the signature competition.

Please also continue to support MH in the future. Even if you are busy, just come back once in a while. Members, when viewed as an individual, might not mean so much but collectively, members are the most important part of this forum.

Thank you so much for supporting the contest. Please put in your best effort in this contest and may the best signature wins.

:whoo :whoo :whoo
 

Razeus

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2009
Messages
151
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Here is my entry I decided to go with music and some gold their to. using Len the vocaloid =3.

 

leafです

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 13, 2009
Messages
44
Reaction score
13
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

My sig is too big. D:

How does razeus do that? o_O
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Thank you and your welcome. :tem

The sig contest is the best. I can only see it growing more and more over time. All parties involved in this contest (since it's birth xD) have made it what it is today. Keep it up everyone! :thumbs

Wow. So many entries already for the special anniversary sig contest! As usual, I have no clue where to begin with this one. Oh yea... Happy Anniversary! lol xD

 

TeAm#7FoReVer

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
327
Reaction score
336
Age
39
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

OMG! Two years! Congratulations to us (staff and users)!

I remembered that my first sig submission (it sucked) was for the Butterfly theme. Ahhh, how nostalgic...

I posted my signature already, this one is about videogames: Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII. Even I have never played or known FF, the first time I saw her (like two days ago) I like her gorgeous design and her awesome weapon. Among another things: As always, hard to do the sig because of the render choice; but I did it and I feel super ultra mega happy with the outcome.

I hope more submissions! This is getting exciting :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top