All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

heavens_dragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2006
Messages
586
Reaction score
87
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Congrats, heavens dragon ^^ I've voted for you!
I'm a little sad 'cause I couldnt see the results T.T I'd like to know how many votes I recieved .-. Am I the only one who is having this trouble? What happened?
Thank you, Farfalla! You're very sweet, dear!
I'm having trouble seeing the results too so you're not the only one >.<
I'm curious about the results too!
 

Sasori

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2007
Messages
284
Reaction score
268
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Congratulations heavens_dragon ^^

I also can't see the result... I hope not to have lose another time by one vote :darn

@Tsukisama, why didn't you vote for me, arent'you an ecchi maniac too ? (I'm joking :p)
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

That's kinda odd because normally after the poll is ended the results should be shown.

Hatsuharupeace 2 9.09%
Sasori 6 27.27%
Ex-shadow 1 4.55%
heavens_dragon 7 31.82%
Farfalla 3 13.64%
Kawaii 3 13.64%

Anyway congratz to heavens_dragon. As the winner you should do according the unwritten rule: participate again ;)
 

heavens_dragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2006
Messages
586
Reaction score
87
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Thank you, Sasori and Koenosaki for the congrats! :D

I'll definately participate again , hopefully in time for the current one but it looks like I'll be very busy this time around. So good luck to those in the current contest!

I also want to mention that deathbyrock's entry is so nice(I love Inko-chan!) and Sasori's entry is amazingly sexy! :3
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

All submissions look pretty good. I love how creative you guys use the theme animal.

So others?
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,680
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I'll submit too >< But I hate not having Photoshop in the college computer, while mine is at maintance... I hope I can do it tomorrow!
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I'll leave it open till thursday 01.00 am GMT, okay? so then some other people may have a bit extra time to change something, to do a submission, etc


Wel farfalla, it is thursday 1 am GMT over here. It's very sad you didn't make it and I hope you don't mind this.

Anyway votings are up and I picked a new theme. I really look forward to how you guys would handle this new theme. 2 weeks is pretty good to think about it ^^
 
Last edited:

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,680
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

No, I don't mind at all! Sry for missing it... I'd rly like to participate, but I cound't do mine ._.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

wow... that new theme is gonna be really good... get to work on it right away :tem
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Yep I really do look forward to your submissions. I might add later on more abstract themes so that you guys are quite open to make one. Like friendship, there's so many ways to show it in a sig but it would be cool to see how the submissions etc differ ^^
 

Doragon

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2009
Messages
282
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Wow~ I already have something in mind. Btw, why is it that whenever I upload on photoplog, the quality gets bad?
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I honestly wouldn't know but you can always poke and admin in our Site Questions / Comments / Complaints if you think this is an issue that should be researched.

Anyway no submussions yet? :( well it must be a costum that people are mostly awaiting the vote results ^^


I chose this image because of the bond between the new prince and Elika in the new prince of persia game. The quote is a line from the beginning and end of the game and it symbolizes how much they cared for each other.

Kudos to Remix for the image.
-> nice one fuji, It's good you added a description to make a sig about friendship from your point of view.

Would you be the prince or elika ;)?

Anyway I like the sig and its tagline in it a lot
 
Last edited:

kawaii

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
103
Reaction score
11
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I like the colors in fuji's sig.
I will submit mine once voting starts.. busy week!
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I like the colors in fuji's sig.
I will submit mine once voting starts.. busy week!
Voting already started. Do you mean next week when votings ended and the winner announcement is been done ^^

I look forward to it.
 

kawaii

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
103
Reaction score
11
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

err yeah once the winner has been announced >_<
I am sleep deprived :p
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

i was a bit confused at first when i saw fuji's sig lol but then i saw the description. good job i like it
 

AY War Horse

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 10, 2008
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I like both Fuji's and kakashi919. Fuji's is something to think on and Kakashi's is a liitle less abstract but it also make me a little sad I have had some friends who have disappeared from my life (as people do), and in my mind they are still friends but somehow maybe those diamonds are diamonds of ice, they melt away (perhaps in that desert in Fuji's...Hmm I need sleep.)

Any two great entries and a fascinating subject, just seeing those two submission just show how abstract a subject it is and how people will view it in different ways.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

:O sorry i made you sad :darn but thanks for the feedback
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Nice entry kakashi919 and a very nice tagline: the friendship and diamant comparison is really good. Yeah, that's why I posted Fuji's description in this thread - making something concrete from something abstract can still remain personal and abstract to another. So the description helped out a lot to express his way to make a sig

@Ay War Horse (and the rest too of course): same over here, I don't label someone fast as a friend but someone I had a good friendship with also disappeared from my life not so long ago. Well he'll remain in my minds since I always have that picture of him on my desk (and in my head). Just to remember him, just thinking about him and yeah that's the diamond friendship is.

Oh my, I never intented to be so personal (that must be because I am emotional). Anyway nice to hear you (all) like the theme. I wasn't sure if some abstract (symbolic) theme, which gives you a lot of freedom and space, would be appreciated
 
Last edited:

Sasori

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2007
Messages
284
Reaction score
268
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

I've posted my submission, I hope you like it :)
I'm sorry but his time it isn't an ecchi image LOL
(It's because I didn't found something for the theme of this week...
I had an idea with some images of KissXsis... maybe another time :p )
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top