All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Haha sasori definitely not an echii one. It seems you used some inspiration from previous theme but hey, a dog's loyalty towards his boss and vice versa is also a type of friendship ^^

just as a minor info to mention: a dog is a man's best friend... But you do know that the girl is not a man? :p
 

Telemaniaka

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 10, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

But you do know that the girl is not a man? :p
One can never be too sure with anime girls :D

anyway, submitted my entry, its my first time making a sig
A really nice theme, the moment I saw it I knew what I wanted to make ^.^ but the hardest part was trying to put all my feelings about friendship in a few words... I failed but it still turned out nice regardless.
 

Sasori

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2007
Messages
284
Reaction score
268
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

just as a minor info to mention: a dog is a man's best friend... But you do know that the girl is not a man? :p
:darn I imagined this question LOL
In my country "A dog is a man's best friend" is a byword, the word "man" means human, used indistinctly to signify man or woman... that's why I used that sentence :)
If it's incorrect please let me know and I will change it ;)

@Telemaniaka
You're right, you may never say LOL
(but I always choose real ecchi girls - and busty!!! -)
Welcome between us ;)
I like your tagline, very expressive !!
 
Last edited:

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

:darn I imagined this question LOL
In my country "A dog is a man's best friend" is a byword, the word "man" means human, used indistinctly to signify man or woman... that's why I used that sentence :)
If it's incorrect please let me know and I will change it ;)
you are right...however, most people refer to the saying mainly applying to men. i like it though :D
 
Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

yes, sasori I also know the proverb and it's indeed kinda strange we use it the same way (I can already see feminism being angry:p)

Nice one Telemankia and I see you dedicated it to one of our previous contestants, [user]hound[/user]. So it seems you do know each other pretty good ^^. Anyway nice :)

anyway I am amazed by all the taglines you used :wtf
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Ooh, Teli, I'm touched. :amuse I wish you good luck. Faiitooooo! xD

Yep, koenosaki, we are pretty good friends. :amuse
 

heavens_dragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2006
Messages
586
Reaction score
87
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Phew, I didn't think I would make it for this contest. Got so much going on but I'm glad I made it in time! Lots of awesome entries already! And I agree, tons of amazing taglines!

And Congratulation on winning last week's contest, Sasori!
 

Sasori

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2007
Messages
284
Reaction score
268
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

:occa thank you heavens_dragon

Wow your submission is wonderful !!!
(I think I will vote for you, very good job !!!)
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Congrats Sasori!

yea i agree with sasori that's a really good sig there heaven. i wanted to do a kinda rivalry friendship one too but the school picture tempted me :D
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Ah! Thank you very much! ^__^

It was a fun theme and I'm happy to have the chance to particpate in, thank you!
Thank you very much. I was just stepping in for Koenosaki for that one time and was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to choose the theme. I wanted to choose a theme that had never been done previously; so, hopefully that was the case. :amuse

@Tsukisama, why didn't you vote for me, arent'you an ecchi maniac too ? (I'm joking :p)
Ecchi fan? Well, I have nothing against it, but I would not necessarily call myself a "fan" either. (I do read to-LOVE-ru though. The characters are all quite adorable. :tem)

As I posted earlier, I did not get the chance to vote for anyone in that poll due to real-life time commitments getting in the way, but I definitely plan on voting in the current one. (By the way, congratulations on winning this most recent poll too! :)) So, good luck to everyone! :cheerbunny
 

heavens_dragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2006
Messages
586
Reaction score
87
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Sasori said:
Wow your submission is wonderful !!!
(I think I will vote for you, very good job !!!)
Ah! Thank you, Sasori!! You're much too kind
Your entry is wonderful too! Though it's not your usual ecchiness, it's very cute!

kakashi919 said:
yea i agree with sasori that's a really good sig there heaven. i wanted to do a kinda rivalry friendship one too but the school picture tempted me
Thanks, kakashi919! I can see why the school pic would tempt you! It's really cool and definitely shows friendship! Nicely done, and great tagline!
 
Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Congratulations sasori. An overwhelming win which clearly deserves :confetti

anyway, just out of curiosity: next theme - a symbolic/abstract one? or let's make another concrete one?
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

maybe another symbolic one? i think these abstract themes are really interesting and i wanna see what we all can come up with :D
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Well since symbolic ones are always hard to decide and dangerous, I am going to propose a new one, I'll spoiler tag it for those who wouldn't like to know

Astral Project: well I would focus on a certain aspect mainly, Astral projection is experienced as being "out of the body". Okay it's not quite the same but the theme question would: suppose you would get out of your body for one day for what or for who would you want to be out of your body. Compare it like people saying I would like to be a fly for one day

Farfetched? Bad? Good?
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

that theme may be pretty hard... but still interesting hmmm, i don't mind it :D
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

so and what about pleasure? Making a sig that shows what illustrates your biggest pleasure (according to forum rules: thus sex aside ^^)
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

so and what about pleasure? Making a sig that shows what illustrates your biggest pleasure (according to forum rules: thus sex aside ^^)
I don't really see how the sexual connotation can be avoided with the way you worded that theme, Koen. Sasori already does a fairly ecchi sig for each contest; could you imagine what type of signature he would post if you gave him that much of an opportunity? :gigglebunny
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

i don't think we will stand a chance against sasori if we do that pleasure theme lol... and yea it will be difficult to avoid the sexual content
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

okay, true

but sleeping is my biggest pleasure to be honest :oh
 

Sasori

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2007
Messages
284
Reaction score
268
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009

Thx Koenosaki for congrats :)

No problem if is symbolic or an abstract theme, I have an ecchi girl for every theme


PS: I agree for pleasure theme :loool


@Tsukisama, I'm an ecchi maniac, what can I do ? :eyeroll

PS: remember my card ---> http://i43.tinypic.com/v6keo9.png
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top