Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2009
You're welcome^^
I'd like to also ask you a favor! (to you and to the others, as well XD)
I reeeally need to practice my english >< for future jobs...
And I can understand well, but I'm not good at writing.
When I make a mistake, could you guys correct me?^^
I'd be learning this way^^
Sure. MH is a community, and you can always find some support with things like that. The users are generally very helpful with this kind of stuff. If any time you need help, you can always contact any of the moderators (me included).
Ah, also. Could I possibly request that the size limit height be increased as on the submission page, they are stretched which causes loss of quality which could leave a bad impression on people who just glance and view instead of clicking on them to view the image in its proper resolution. Since it's mandatory to put it on Large Thumbnail, it stretches it, my guess is. I also believe that it's quite too small to notice small details which go unnoticed a lot as I post everything I photoshop on various graphic sites, as well the boxing one. And most of the people couldn't make out some of the details which surprised me, but since many of these people couldn't make some of the details out I ruled out the thought of the individual having bad eyesight or w/e. So I would like to promptly request this of you, Mr. Sig-contest-manager, please!
I can bring it up with some of the other moderators to see what they think. I make no promises, as I am pretty sure there are very good reasons for the current rules, but I will definitely see what is possible.
@tsukisama, thanks! but the reason i did not use rukia is because i don't really like her character. i thought soi fong was more suiting for this theme with her butterfly mark and all that
I see. Thank you for the explanation. Soi Fon was and still a welcome surprise. Although her strike marks look like butterflies, I always associate her with hornets and bees first. (I guess I am just very technical like that.

) Thus, I was very surprised by how appropriate and natural it was for Soi Fon to be used for this and by how I completely did not even consider her.
Also, on another note, congratulations, Akasunanosasori!!!
A lot of new signatures, by the way, each with a good amount of skill!
Besides Bleach, the other manga I imagined seeing here was xxxHolic. Butterflies are very central imagery in xxxHolic (a beautiful CLAMP manga for those who have yet to read it; check it out before it ends

). Watanuki looks awesome, and that signature looks awesome, Andrews.
Farfalla's entry is cute. The fairy is cute. Is she your personification of Psyche from Greek myth or at least inspired by her?
Speedfix, I have a wallpaper of Chikage in that pose. It is a beautiful image, and one of my favorite images that I have seen of Chikage. (There definitely is not enough Sister Princess artwork around here on MH.) I am glad Chikage is making an appearance here. Just curious: did you choose her because she is your favorite sister on that show? She was my favorite, followed closely by Aria.
Another manga-inspired submission, I wasn't thinking about Chouji when I made the topic. Thank you for reminding me of his connection to butterflies, Shin. I always thought when he did the butterfly-inspired power-up against the Sound Four guy, it was very beautiful. In fact, it was really the thing I liked most about Chouji. It is a shame that he didn't even pull out this ace during the Pain invasion.

(For those who don't read Naruto, just ignore the preceding mini rant.

)
CCS*TRC, your submission is hauntingly beautiful. Seriously, I scrolled down and then couldn't take my eyes off of it for about a minute.

It is very good. You made an excellent choice in your selection of stock image. Do you know the name of the original artist for background image?
I wasn't really sure how you, Gentatsu, would approach this theme. Last contest, you went with a very macho concept, and so I was wondering if you were going to bring that same level of masculinity to your submission this time. This submission is interestingly very feminine, however. I would be interested to hear your thought process behind this submission when selecting the images. (You state in the above post that you just slapped a butterfly on an old sig; so you could discuss the inspiration and process in creating the original signature).
You said that you forgot the origin of the stock image, but do you know the girl in the image (i.e., is she a character from an anime or game)? Also, although the butterfly was just placed onto the image, the butterfly looks amazing and is more emphasized by not blending in with the style of the rest of the piece.
Great work, everyone!


