All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I'm sure your allowed to post your sig submissions for the new luck theme now. I think some of you are getting confused. The duration/time limit you have to submit your work is "Two weeks after the thread is opened". The thread is already open lol otherwise you wouldn't of been able to post your submissions.

We all basically have two weeks: March 13 - March 27.

NinjahKat submitted her work on the 14th and kakashi919, you posted your work today (15th). I don't see what the problem is. No harm done. Unless, I'm stupidly missing something here...
I think they are getting confused by this here ~

Two weeks after the thread is opened: Submissions of all the entries can be made.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I think Tsuki needs to change that part lol.

"Two weeks after the thread is opened" - Well, that's confusing...:darn

March 14, 2010 was when the thread was created and opened by Tsukisama. We all have two weeks (March 13 - March 27) to submit our Luck theme sigs.

If we go by what was quoted, that would mean we would only be able to submit our work after the 27th LOL! I would assume that the week following the 27th March would be the voting week? :blink

Tsukisama, please clarify this confusing issue! ASAP!
 

Razeus

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2009
Messages
151
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Well I put in my entry I love using green to used as luck.
 

dHEKU

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2008
Messages
66
Reaction score
18
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I'M back! College took me a lot!

OH! LUCKY! GO GO YOTSUBA ENTRY!
yotsuba->clover->lucky\
understand?
here:


heheheh just kidding...
but in the end I just gave up and made an image more in keeping with the theme. see more on the entry topic.

cya
 

TeAm#7FoReVer

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
327
Reaction score
336
Age
39
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I have a problem here, I finished my signature today but it is animated and weights 440 kb, it is too much(330kb is the limit). I didnt notice this until I saved it and I do not know if I can submitted in the contest.

So, what do you think Tsukisama?

Note: You can call me T7.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Me kicks T7 & Far~. :p You have to stick to the rules. :smugbunny

:smile-big
 

TeAm#7FoReVer

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
327
Reaction score
336
Age
39
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

What? A rulebreaker? Where?

An if you are referring about the Dragon´s contest :

I kick you in return Buggy, because I didnt receive a pm from Tsukisama!
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

you could probably bring it down to the correct size, but youll lose a lot of the quality/frames.
 

TeAm#7FoReVer

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
327
Reaction score
336
Age
39
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I dont know how to do that but if Tsukisama tells me that I cant post the sig, I will modify it or make another one.
 

NinjahKat

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
35
Reaction score
21
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I dont know how to do that
I think imageshack and flickr can resize images to an extent. Or you can place the signature into a new document > Free Transform > Hold shift and drag down from the corners and crop the sig; if you use photoshop. But I hated having to do that to my dragon one.


Double post >_< but this has some ideas that may work. Not sure how it'll work with a gif.

http://www.theukwebdesigncompany.com/articles/image-file-size.php
 
Last edited:

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Hehehe, for a gif, youd have to go to Save for Web/devices and change the settings to easily bring down the size....

or in the animation window, delete some frames to cut the size down a bit as well.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I have a problem here, I finished my signature today but it is animated and weights 440 kb, it is too much(330kb is the limit). I didnt notice this until I saved it and I do not know if I can submitted in the contest.

So, what do you think Tsukisama?
Hey T7, if your using Photoshop you should have a 'save for the web' option. I think you should test it out and see whether your overall sig size doesn't exceed the limit afterwards.

Once you choose 'save for the web', you should get several options to reduce the size of your gif/sig. You can preview the option chosen, so that you can see the effect on the quality immediately. Play around with it and I'm sure you'll manage to avoid exceeding the sig size limit.

If your still finding it a pain, I found these useful links that should help:

http://www.webdevelopersnotes.com/graphics/decreasing_gif_file_size.php3

http://forums.ngemu.com/general-pic...isting-animated-gif-images-photoshop-cs3.html

I'm guessing if you follow the steps, you should be done in no time. :)

What? A rulebreaker? Where?

An if you are referring about the Dragon´s contest :

I kick you in return Buggy, because I didnt receive a pm from Tsukisama!
Fair enough. :amuse

Hi-FIVE, neither of us got a death threat! :woo

Me kicks Far again. :p
 

NinjahKat

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
35
Reaction score
21
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Grats, Farfella.
 

NinjahKat

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
35
Reaction score
21
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I was close enough :P
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

*Checks the results.....:eek WTF! :mad*

:police Where's the POE-lice at? *Filho da puta* I demand a recount! :yelling

:rant:rant:rant:rant
:wussfight:wussfight:wussfight:wussfight
:cussing:cussing:cussing:cussing
:guns:guns:guns
:smack:smack:smack:smack:smack:smack:smack:smack
:modsmack:modsmack:modsmack
:chair:chair:chair
:laser​

I hate pokemon. :darn I hope you burn in hell Tajiri! :notrust *va ao inferno*

:crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying

*Takes a deep breathe...* :om

:confetti Congrats LaLa! :confetti​


PS. This rant was not intentional neither was it directed at anybody BUT this feeling is BOSTA! I'll win next the round! :shakefist

Forgive me Tsuki-senpai​
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I have been under the weather these past few weeks, and I apologize for any tardiness in my responding to any of you.

I think Tsuki needs to change that part lol.

"Two weeks after the thread is opened" - Well, that's confusing...:darn

March 14, 2010 was when the thread was created and opened by Tsukisama. We all have two weeks (March 13 - March 27) to submit our Luck theme sigs.

If we go by what was quoted, that would mean we would only be able to submit our work after the 27th LOL! I would assume that the week following the 27th March would be the voting week? :blink

Tsukisama, please clarify this confusing issue! ASAP!
The time stamp on when the thread was first posted actually varies based upon what time zone you have set for your account; thus, there may be slight differences for everyone based upon a couple of hours. For clarification, the duration of the contest is listed in several different ways, but you always have two weeks from the time submission thread was created.

On a different note, I did not send anyone threats via PM. I sent PM's so that I could discretely point out certain significant problems in submission. Please do not make this into some sort of witch hunt, and respect the privacy of the contestants.

I have a problem here, I finished my signature today but it is animated and weights 440 kb, it is too much(330kb is the limit). I didnt notice this until I saved it and I do not know if I can submitted in the contest.

So, what do you think Tsukisama?

Note: You can call me T7.
Hey, T7! Well, it is against the rules, and if you did have a way of remaking the submission so that it meets the requirements, I would really appreciate it. That said, I would not mind terribly allowing you this once, but you will be expected to check the size of your submission before submitting in the future.


Although it is already known and recognized by some, I'll still announce it as customary. The winner of the dragon contest has been decided, and the winner is Farfalla!!! :confetti:confetti Be sure to give her your congratulations! :confetti
 
Last edited:

WhatWhatinthebutt

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
106
Reaction score
30
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congrats Farfalla!!!
I can't remember if I voted for you though or....:rolleyes:
 

TeAm#7FoReVer

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
327
Reaction score
336
Age
39
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Thanks everybody for the advices. I posted my signature and it doesnt break the rules, Tsukisama. Dont worry.

And congratulations to Farfalla! The contest was difficult.
 

bakagemi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2009
Messages
129
Reaction score
49
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congratulations, Farfalla!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top