All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Great theme choice.

I went with a completely different approach this time around. I was thinking for a good 10 minutes on what the title of the sig should be lol. I don't have a clue how I came up with "Blossom within the Shadows" LOL! *Sounds like a good command to give to a custom zanpakuto hey? ;)

Oh yea, I came across this picture:


I thought it was cool and could be used for a kawaii avatar or something. :amuse

Hey Tsukisama! I haven't seen you online much these days, I hope everything is all good in your life. Anyway, straight to the point - could you please add consider adding the following themes to your never ending list of themes. :XD

- Bandages
- Hair
- Mellow
- Waves
- Tears
- Keys
- Constrict(ion)
- Endangered
- Reflex (Human reflex reaction(s), could be related to particular manga's *like Senien horror*, etc)
- Signature (e.g. Signature move, autograph, etc)
- Stlyes
- Messages
- Pokemon
- Underground
- Fur
- Tricks
- Rotation
- Elegance
- Tribulations
- Credit
- Fruits
- Separation
- Twins
- Randomness
- Junk
- Horns

Ok that's all for now.


Bug.
 

TeAm#7FoReVer

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
327
Reaction score
336
Age
39
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I posted my signature, I almost forgot of the contest, but I am here.

Buggy Fly, good themes. I like tears, hair and elegance for signatures.

Excellent submissions everyone. :)
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010


:confetti
Praise be to the goddesses! The winner of the Three contest is Farfalla by a landslide. It really was a great signature and quite different than the others. Congratulations, Farfalla! All beware the Power of Three!
:confetti
​


The
flower
contest is off to a wonderful start.
It's nice to see the return of some of the contestants who have been away, particularly Hatsu, from whom I haven't seen a submission in quite a long time. You haven't lost your touch. :tem Like others mentioned previously, that really is a cool Libra a signature, NinjahKat. :nod
It is also nice to see new faces as well. Welcome, YumCookies, to the contest! Your first submission looks lovely.
Of course, it is also always great to see all of the regulars and their submissions as well, all of which look beautiful. :D I completely agree with Farfalla, kakashi919; you do improve each week, and I truly like your Byakuya signature. It is quite lovely.

Good luck to all subsequent submissions! This is shaping up to be a difficult contest for the voters to have to select a winner as there are so many good signatures this contest.


Great theme choice.

I went with a completely different approach this time around. I was thinking for a good 10 minutes on what the title of the sig should be lol. I don't have a clue how I came up with "Blossom within the Shadows" LOL! *Sounds like a good command to give to a custom zanpakuto hey? ;)

Oh yea, I came across this picture:


I thought it was cool and could be used for a kawaii avatar or something. :amuse

Hey Tsukisama! I haven't seen you online much these days, I hope everything is all good in your life. Anyway, straight to the point - could you please add consider adding the following themes to your never ending list of themes. :XD

- Bandages
- Hair
- Mellow
- Waves
- Tears
- Keys
- Constrict(ion)
- Endangered
- Reflex (Human reflex reaction(s), could be related to particular manga's *like Senien horror*, etc)
- Signature (e.g. Signature move, autograph, etc)
- Stlyes
- Messages
- Pokemon
- Underground
- Fur
- Tricks
- Rotation
- Elegance
- Tribulations
- Credit
- Fruits
- Separation
- Twins
- Randomness
- Junk
- Horns

Ok that's all for now.


Bug.
Thanks for the lovely feedback and artistic background as usual, Buggy. :hbunny I always enjoy reading how you, the artists, created your works, how you feel about them, and your thoughts on the contest itself.

You're right! I didn't think about it when I first read your submission title, but, now that I think about it, it would be a great zanpakutou command. :XD I wonder what kind of release would it would yield. That command probably would have worked for Yumichika's Ruri'iro Kujaku, definitely better than sakikurue ("split and deviate").

Yes, I have been online quite a bit less these days. I have been up and down health-wise, but sooner or later I will be back here more like I was in the past (sooner rather than later). Thanks for the concern. I will definitely add your ideas to the list. We think similarly, as some (seven, to be exact) of those are already on my list. :)
 
Last edited:

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

When does the submissions close again? I don't quite remember, been out of the loop for too long.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I posted my signature, I almost forgot of the contest, but I am here.

Buggy Fly, good themes. I like tears, hair and elegance for signatures.

Excellent submissions everyone. :)
I'm loving the look of your sig, T7!

Thanks! My favourites would be waves, tears, messages, keys & fruits. They're the ones that I feel would be the most fun and interesting to make. I prefer the more colourful themes because I always seem to have more ideas for them and I end up having to decide what not to use; which can sometimes be a pain or a relief...kinda. :amuse

Thanks for the lovely feedback and artistic background as usual, Buggy. :hbunny I always enjoy reading how you, the artists, created your works, how you feel about them, and your thoughts on the contest itself.

You're right! I didn't think about it when I first read your submission title, but, now that I think about it, it would be a great zanpakutou command. :XD I wonder what kind of release would it would yield. That command probably would have worked for Yumichika's Ruri'iro Kujaku, definitely better than sakikurue ("split and deviate").

Yes, I have been online quite a bit less these days. I have been up and down health-wise, but sooner or later I will be back here more like I was in the past (sooner rather than later). Thanks for the concern. I will definitely add your ideas to the list. We think similarly, as some (seven, to be exact) of those are already on my list. :)
No problem. I'm always trying to come up with themes/ideas to improve this contest. Besides the themes, I have a couple more ideas which could expand the sig contest a bit more. I'll hopefully "propose" those ideas to you in the near future, once I'm happy with them. Seven are already on your list? Sweet.

Yea. It would've sounded much more "beautiful" compared to "split and deviate". :D

Dammit. We need more submissions/participants! :shakefist

When does the submissions close again? I don't quite remember, been out of the loop for too long.
For the "Flower" theme, you have until June 12th 2010.

Sig of the Week #104-105
May 29 - June 12 (2010)​
It's always posted at the top of the submissions thread (first post).


Oh damn, I forgot one more thing:


:confetti
Congrats LaLa!
:confetti
​

I hope you'll cherish this victory. I can't see you winning again anytime soon. :p If only 8 more people voted for me I would've been the victor of the three theme. :D

I wish you all the best of luck for the "Flower" theme. This one's definitely difficult to
call. Vote for Bug.

Peace.

:zan​
 
Last edited:

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Thank you, guys^^!
I was a bit surprise XD! Didnt think mine was that good. There were a lot of great sigs^^
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Thanks buggy, forget about that aye, I'll be sure to check there.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

congrats to farfalla!! a well deserved win ^^

i like the Signature/Autograph theme. would be cool to do something like that
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I agree with you, kakashi919. :D

There seems to be a problem with WhatWhatinthebutt's flower sig entry. I can't see the pic. I hope it gets sorted out asap. :s
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

The problem with WhatWhatinthebutt's submission has been corrected. For future reference, you should enter the submission code in the following way:

[noparse] [/noparse]



(I used NinjahKat's flower sig contest submission for this example. Just giving credit where credit is due, which everyone should do. :hbunny)


The flower contest is now closed. I was quite pleased with the turnout for that contest, having 9 participants. The submissions were all quite lovely, and each is deserving of a vote, but which will win? The answer to that all depends on you, the voters. Be sure to cast your vote for your favorite floral signature! :)

The new contest is open, and it is using one of Buggy's theme suggestions: tears. All submissions should be about tears (as in crying and not ripping). I hope you enjoy this theme, and many thanks to ~Buggy*Fly~ for the marvelous suggestion. :tem
 
Last edited:

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I like how you used the word lachrymal there Tsukisama -

PS.- to everyone else - dont be sad if you had to look the word up.
 

Akiyama

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
3,256
Reaction score
5,752
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Farfalla said I should enter one of these sig contest so I did. xD
and yeah, I had to look up the word lachrymal. >.<
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Cool sig, Aki! Not surprised that its, lol!
Loved WhatWhatinthebutt's one in the other contest o.o
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

That's a fricking awesome flower sig, ~Coffee~! :nuts
I love all the flower sig submissions but your one did it for me; it's truly a beautiful sig. Excellent effort as well. You've definitely got my vote. ^_^

Thanks for killing off my efforts...:scry *Crys in the corner of the room*

@ AkiPuss - Welcome and good luck. Great sig as expected from one that has a great amount of creativity and experience with making sigs on PS/Gimp/other. I hope this isn't a "one-off" kind of deal. :notrust

Farfalla forgot to mention to you one more thing...but don't worry because she specifically told me to tell you to...
Vote for Bug. :smile-big​
I hope I don't get my butt kicked around for that comment.​

Thank you too, Tsukisama.
I hope you guys are happy with the new "Tears" theme and I already know that the submissions will be even more amazing than the previous round. I can't wait to see them. Don't hold back your ideas, I want to see all your beautiful ideas *shakesfist* and have fun as well! :)

I definitely lost against Coffee in the race for "our" first victory. XD
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

lol~ Thank you very much Buggy -

About the Tears Theme - I was about to look in my collection of Renders to see which ones would be the best to use then I remembered that Ive done a background image for somebody that had to with a tear, so I think Ill use that render.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Love the submission Akiyama :D
Can someone edit my submission title pleaseeee. It should be "Tears of Rejection", sorry for the trouble :(
Theme reminded me how sad it was when i first read/watched those scenes in Naruto, so i decided to go with this. Though i wanted to do it a bit differently.
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

The last theme - 3 - I made several sigs, but I wasnt happy with any of them, the one I planned to enter ended up too large of a file size with the best I could shrink it down to being around 600kb ahahaha it included an animated 3D Moon that I created that was spinning XD the idea was that there is supposedly three golf balls on the moon.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Love the submission Akiyama :D
Can someone edit my submission title pleaseeee. It should be "Tears of Rejection", sorry for the trouble :(
Theme reminded me how sad it was when i first read/watched those scenes in Naruto, so i decided to go with this. Though i wanted to do it a bit differently.
Great sig submission, kakashi919. :)
I love the way you've placed both of the tailed-beasts behind Naruto & Gaara. Nice work.

I think you need to PM a global mod so that they can change the title for you. I don't think a MangaHelper can edit this section. :s Anyway, the best thing to do is PM and ask. ^^

I'm sure Tsukisama will change it as soon as his (or is it a she? :o) online again. :amuse

The last theme - 3 - I made several sigs, but I wasnt happy with any of them, the one I planned to enter ended up too large of a file size with the best I could shrink it down to being around 600kb ahahaha it included an animated 3D Moon that I created that was spinning XD the idea was that there is supposedly three golf balls on the moon.
Share your sig creations with us! :D
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Heh ok -

It isnt 100% complete because as I said the file size got much to large plus I couldn't figure out how to make it turn 360 degrees in the same direction, for some reason it would always want to stop and go back the other way for at least 25% of the turn.

Ill also have to keep in mind that the animation seems to be quicker after I uploaded it.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Interesting sig idea, Coffee. :blink

Don't you think it was a bit dark for the 3 theme? :p
A bit more colour would do the trick.

I hope we get like an 8-bit theme or something. I want to make a space invaders sig. :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top