All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
1,176
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

O_o
amazing, dHEKU... congratulations...

hi, people... I'll try participating in the sig contests from now on...
let's see what I can do n_n
I'm sleeping too much because it's vacation time --_--
so I just made something quickly for the underwater theme...
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

O_o
amazing, dHEKU... congratulations...

hi, people... I'll try participating in the sig contests from now on...
let's see what I can do n_n
I'm sleeping too much because it's vacation time --_--
so I just made something quickly for the underwater theme...
Nice and simple :) very clean signature. Good luck and good job !
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

hi, people... I'll try participating in the sig contests from now on...
let's see what I can do n_n
I'm sleeping too much because it's vacation time --_--
so I just made something quickly for the underwater theme...
Welcome to the contest, nanaDmari! :hbunny
Your first submission looks great. Be sure to remember to mention whence the images come in the form of credits if you are able. :)
 

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
1,176
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Thanks, people :]
I'm looking forward to participating...

Welcome to the contest, nanaDmari! :hbunny
Your first submission looks great. Be sure to remember to mention whence the images come in the form of credits if you are able. :)
well, it's a drawing I made and the credits go for me, so... I don't need to write anything, right?
I just took a quick look at the game to remember how the creatures are XD
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Yay! nanaD is in the house! :XD

Finally! Great sig submission. It's quite cute imo. ^^

hahaha Coffee, you're not safe anymore. :smile-big
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Thanks, people :]
I'm looking forward to participating...


well, it's a drawing I made and the credits go for me, so... I don't need to write anything, right?
I just took a quick look at the game to remember how the creatures are XD
Thanks for sharing the credit information. The only way we (I in particular, as I am the one who needs to make some effort to prevent plagiarism) know that it is an original drawing is if you tell me. ;) So, even if it just is all original art, it is helpful if you just list that in your credits. :tem

It is quite incredible that that is all original art. It looks very much like the official art from the game. You are quite the talented artist. :nod
 

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
1,176
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Yay! nanaD is in the house! :XD

Finally! Great sig submission. It's quite cute imo. ^^

hahaha Coffee, you're not safe anymore. :smile-big
I think super mario is quite a cute game...
thanks, jin...
but please, not so much pressure XD

Thanks for sharing the credit information. The only way we (I in particular, as I am the one who needs to make some effort to prevent plagiarism) know that it is an original drawing is if you tell me. ;) So, even if it just is all original art, it is helpful if you just list that in your credits. :tem

It is quite incredible that that is all original art. It looks very much like the official art from the game. You are quite the talented artist. :nod
Oh... ok, sorry then... I thought it was like a process of elimination, as if there is no credit for the image = original art... my bad... I'll write the credits from now on...
thank you... and for correcting my post in the submission thread, I forgot to ask before XD
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Times running out and I haven't even started on my sig. :iirc
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Oh, it might be a good Idea to say "Congratulations" to everyone who has been turning in Sigs~ Apparently we were the only section to have a Spring Art Contest entry... isn't that correct Tsukisama?
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Yes, that is correct. The other submissions in the Spring Art Contests were rather paltry, necessitating that they merged with the Summer Art Contests. Unlike the other seasonal art contests, the seasonal signature contests do not depend on submissions from the seasonal art competitions but instead is just a way to celebrate you guys here in the Sig Contest even more. :tem
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Coffee! I love the reflection effect u used on the girl!
I just like to ask u to link the original image, instead of the site, so I could check the "before" and "after" ;-; I like to note the effects by looking at the original one xD!
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Great job on the underwater sigs everyone, they're all awesome :tem

Congrats on the Moon theme win Coffee - Vampire Knight is one of my top manga, I loved your entry.
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Coffee! I love the reflection effect u used on the girl!
I just like to ask u to link the original image, instead of the site, so I could check the "before" and "after" ;-; I like to note the effects by looking at the original one xD!
I was going to post the original in a spoiler tag, but for some reason It poofed out of the folder I had it in, but Ill search for it now and show it, as soon as I can find it~


Great job on the underwater sigs everyone, they're all awesome :tem

Congrats on the Moon theme win Coffee - Vampire Knight is one of my top manga, I loved your entry.
And thank you Debaron~


@Tsukisama
- I forgot to include the Credit for the ruined city in the background -
@Farfalla
- From "+" at AnimeRender =
 
Last edited:

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Now we just need to wait for Tsukisama to get on and start the votingz~
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Well, you don't need to wait any longer. :amuse Voting for the underwater sig contest can now be done. There are 6 submissions, but only 1 can be the winner. Cast your vote and decide!

The new theme has been chosen, and the theme this time is strength. Your submission is based upon your concept of strength, and it can be whatever type of strength you decide to use, i.e., physical strength, emotional strength, etc. Good luck to all who have the creative strength to enter! :XD
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Strength is a great theme, lots of options for creativity. I was coloring a panel of Naruto from a recent chapter, which could possibly work if I finish it. But I think mabye something with Zoro from One Piece might work really well for this theme, that guy has more than one type of strength.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I think this is gonna be a hard theme >_> only one idea comes to mind. I'll probably use something from HSD Kenichi.
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@Tsukisama - If I use a picture that I colored in a sig contest entry, can I still use the original for the Summer Art Contest?
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

hmm, if some people are lost I can help with the new theme:
- Sakura/Tsunade (Naruto).
- Shizuo Heiwajima (Durarara).
- Hulk (or some other superhero maybe convenient).
- Some strong vheicules (FORD Mustang <3).
- Dragonball (and pretty much all fighting anime have characters that represent brute force).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top