All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I also agree Shin. It's good to see lots of entries. Sadly, my entry this week will probably end my short time of trying to make sigs. I've been on an unwarranted break for a long time and need to write my thesis now.:( Plus, I think I'm better at coloring anyway. I'll still keep voting and who knows, if I get bored at school mabye I'll try again sometime.

@ Buggy Fly - I'm guessing your entry is One Piece related, because as far as I can tell mine is the only One Piece sig thus far. I look forward to seeing it. Btw, I love your Jimbei sig.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I really like your creative style when it comes to these sig contests, DeBaron8. I wish you luck in completing your thesis. If you can fit some time now and again, it would be great if you could continue participating in these contests. :tem

Sure is. Oh crap! My bad, at first I thought Shin Akuma's sig was OP-related but in actual fact; the person I thought was Shiryuu is lol actually a Street Fighter character *I think*. I can't remember his name. :darn

Arigatou~ I'm still working on my Strength Sig...I've spent so much time on it....I might have to skip some of the effects I was planning to use. Meh...I'll see how it goes. :amuse
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Buggy, thanks alot for the support! I'm surprised that you like what I have attempted to do with my limited knowledge of Photoshop and GIMP. I usually don't even like the end product myself, though I feel this last one's a bit better. I guess I will try to continue making sigs whenever a theme suits my fancy and I have the time.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

It's always interesting to see what everyone's interpretation and perspective is when it comes to the creative arts...in this case; how we the participants create different ideas based on the same theme. I also enjoy making these sigs and seeing what everybody else comes up with. This section is probably my second favourite now lol. You're underwater sig was great! I was working on a jellyfish sig for that theme lol but I just didn't have enough time to complete it and it wasn't good enough to submit so...I left it. :darn

I'm a noob when it comes to PS, GIMP, etc ...so I know that feeling lol.

It's nearly 3am over here and I'm still not finished. I hope Tsuki doesn't lock the submission thread before I'm able to upload it. :bored
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

DeBaron8, I suggest you to continue making signatures. Only practice can make you improve... No one started making great signatures from day one. I also think that your signatures aren't bad as you think. You have a good artistic taste and you come up with great ideas also. The only thing you need is practice and belief in yourself :D

~Buggy*Fly~, lol man I didn't pay attention to the name you posted :D the character is Mr.Bison the main bad guy in street fighter. I know he's dumb but his lust for strength makes him a great candidate for my signature ... I made more strength sigs but I think I'll keep them to myself, maybe they will come in handy in the next few contests.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

ZOMG! So Epic!!!!!

I just submitted my Strength Sig! :nuts :nuts :nuts

:onoz :onoz :onoz​

*Goes into a fit...:spaz :spaz :spaz*

Tomorrow, I'll post a more appropiate reply in this thread and explain the process of how I made it, the trials and tribulations and more. For now, I must go to sleep as I have work in 2/3 hours time. Hope you like my sig as much as I do! :D

Anyway, take care everyone and good luck to you all!

Peace.

:zan​
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Epic sig :)
here's what I think about it:
- The text fits so well with the background you chose for the left side.
- Luffy's part is just too perfect that it can be a signature on its own.
- The Right side is a bit tricky but I think the size reduction made some parts less visible.
- The lines separating the signature parts (the ones to the right) should've been with the same style as the ones to the left to add the same feeling to the signature and not make each part look distant from the rest of the sig.

All the above is bullshit :P I never say this but dude, you have my vote.

---> Respect <---
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Mines finally in as well..~


While doing the Strength sig I ran into a question for Tsukisama =

"May I use parts of past sigs Ive made (not that Ive submitted here) in the works I turn in here?"
 
Last edited:

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Buggy - Your sig IS EPIC!!! Nice work!!! I love the quote, it works so we'll for One Piece.
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

While doing the Strength sig I ran into a question for Tsukisama =

"May I use parts of past sigs Ive made (not that Ive submitted here) in the works I turn in here?"
As long as you have not submitted the signatures in this contest before, you are free to submit them. :)


The strength sig contest is now in the voting phase, and I am so glad that more submissions came! :D There are 7 strong submissions, but which will win? Decide by casting your vote for your favorite before the poll closes.

The new contest is up, and the theme this time is school. Anything related to school will do. Like I mentioned in the submission thread, this seemed like an apropos choice for a theme given that many users are preparing for school. Hopefully this will get you in the mood for the coming academic year. ;)
 
Last edited:

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Oh! no one likes school :P
Unless it's a manga school! the one with pretty girls wearing jap style skirts and pretty female teachers ... Oups I went too far. Thanks Tsukisama.


I was the first one to submit this time. I hope it looks good :D good luck everyone!
 
Last edited:

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

So who do you submit to if you want to enter?
 

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Hmm...submitted. Been a long time since Ive enterd a sig competition I guess :S
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Nice signature! Good luck man.
It's good to have more people participating :D All I want is inspiration and a chance to learn from the other artists :)
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

this school theme is really hard to get ideas... school of rock was the first thing that came to mind. it's gonna be hard to come up with something good -__-
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

this school theme is really hard to get ideas... school of rock was the first thing that came to mind. it's gonna be hard to come up with something good -__-
Hmm not really. There are still a few ideas out there. Even animes with "school" in their title if u know what I mean.
Or, you can make a sig about something or someone we learn from, you don't have to use school literally :D
Good luck to you ^^
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

doesn't look like i will be able to take part in this contest.
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I dont usually share my ideas before I do them, but I was thinking about doing a High School of the Dead Sig
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I dont usually share my ideas before I do them, but I was thinking about doing a High School of the Dead Sig
Yup, I thought of that one too, but I changed my mind because i think they're not that popular ;P
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top