All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I varied that first idea with a different motive, but I'm definitly gonna wait for a better idea, just in case one happens to submerge :amuse

 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Ahhh Tsukisama faked me out, I already was making a Halloween sig! XD

@Tsukisama - Ya I applied for one, xiO approved, so I went to post a gallery and am still waiting for that as Bugzee so awesomely pointed out~
- Ill try not to make anything too scary lol
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

O_O my current sig is bloody and was a quicky... didn't put much effort. why a blood theme now Tsuki-sama? :XD
I had a cool idea for a halloween theme lol.oh well, blood is a great theme... hopefully i'll get back my net in time :(
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I'm glad that everyone seems to be liking the blood theme! :occa

Anyway...hey Tsuki! It seems you've accidentally placed my Reflection sig in the voting poll thread for the Wing-themed contest LOL! It doesn't really matter since no one can actually cast a vote for it but I thought I would let you know just in case there's an error with the votes as well. ;)
You are so right! :gigglebunny
I'll fix that right away.


Ahhh Tsukisama faked me out, I already was making a Halloween sig! XD

@Tsukisama - Ya I applied for one, xiO approved, so I went to post a gallery and am still waiting for that as Bugzee so awesomely pointed out~
- Ill try not to make anything too scary lol
Well, I always try to pick themes related to holidays where applicable, and Halloween is a holiday that just has so many juicy possible themes. :) You can look forward to another next year too! :tem

As for your gallery, I have approved it. :vbunny
Since you are a MH artist, you are now entitled for one. Have fun! :)
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

How risque can we get with the render/s for the theme?


Or gory?
 
Last edited:

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

thats a good question hatsuharu, I've always been wondering about that as well, I even got nervous and did some render editing on one of my sigs, but when you look through the hall of fame for the sigs, there is one that is showing quite a bit of skin.... on the account of gore, I have no idea...

P.S. I got my gallery!!! *Hugs Tsukisama*
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I wondered about the limits of violence as well, especially since I've got a lot of Berserk at the moment ;)
Is this still acceptable?
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

If anything would be pushing it, it would probably be visible brain matter and eyes popped out XD
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Sheesh I'm already working on that one for colouring contest and I don't really want to end up with having to pixelate half of it ;D
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Sheesh I'm already working on that one for colouring contest and I don't really want to end up with having to pixelate half of it ;D
If it's a well done berserk pannel I am going to transform it into some divine signature and hang it on the wall !
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

If it's a well done berserk pannel I am going to transform it into some divine signature and hang it on the wall !
Lovely :luv
Already thought about it beeing quite suitable due to the sword on his shoulder giving a nice horizontal cut, though not suitable for a blood theme:
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Lovely :luv
Already thought about it beeing quite suitable due to the sword on his shoulder giving a nice horizontal cut, though not suitable for a blood theme:
You could've chosen a late pannel for the coloring.
As you noticed, the art in Berserk changed with time (but ofc it's a goddamn 20 years of work). The last hundred chapters or so, had an amazing art! But I respect your choice.

P.S: Nice lineart.


Oh and btw, there are some amazing tutorials for the metal/rust! It could give the armor and the sword a great deal of awesomeness :D
Gambatte!
 
Last edited:

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Thanks, I was looking for a metal tutorial anyways, but don't worry that's definitly not a final result :)
It's like 24000 hours away from completition x_x
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Thanks, I was looking for a metal tutorial anyways, but don't worry that's definitly not a final result :)
It's like 24000 hours away from completition x_x
I lol-ed at this, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who takes forever to color a panel.:amuse I look forward to the final result, cool metal and rust effects look so amazing!

For the Blood theme, I going to try hard to avoid Naruto and One Piece. I'd really like to do something from Blade of the Immortal again, but I don't have the time to color a render for it and no one seems to color them.:darn It would probably be too graphic anyway, so I going to try to do a Blood+ sig. Hopefully I can get a HQ render this time.
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Blood and Shounen is hard to combine anyways :amuse
Shigurui has some awesome bloody shots but half of those would just get the artist banned for posting them here :D
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I was thinking about doing a Blood+ sig as well, I also some renders that I edited blood into, like the itachi/sasuke sig in my gallery~~ XD =
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/SSXVegeta/Sebzorz.png

or the cool blood splatter effect as well =
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/SSXVegeta/avatar.png

and to Debaron ~ I've got some good blood+ renders if you want them~
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I was thinking about doing a Blood+ sig as well, I also some renders that I edited blood into, like the itachi/sasuke sig in my gallery~~ XD =

and to Debaron ~ I've got some good blood+ renders if you want them~
Nice! I would love them!!! I have a couple, but all of them are pretty LQ. Thanks for sharing!:tem Btw, I think Sasuke and/or Itachi could be good subjects for this theme. One thing I thought of was Amaterasu's after effect of the bloody eye and the fact that it's a bloodline limit. A sig with something like that could work on multiple levels. Plus, I'd really like to see a Naruto sig by you sometime.:)
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

The Blood+ Renders that I have, (Didn't have as many as I thought)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5Q4WQ5PR
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Does anyone know which Hellsing episode this epic shot was in? I don't feel like watching all of them :(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top