Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010
ah! +9000 to that.and Tsukisama should be a writer or something! XD
ah! +9000 to that.and Tsukisama should be a writer or something! XD
I have been watching the poll on the light contest all week, and most of the votes came in the first part of the week. I like to save my vote until near the end of the poll and was the only one to vote yesterday. If the character in that render is from an anime series, then it must not be a very popular one because I don't recognize it.

Can't remember where any of the tools are 

Congrats on the win Coffee!!! IMO, another beautiful sig and well derserved win!

- LOL, Ive only used photoshop for the longest time, so using something else would be confusing for me as well~I've grown so accustomed to Gimp, I can't remember anything about photoshop Can't remember where any of the tools are
Honestly, after using gimp, compared to photoshop.... Gimp is a lot easier to use when you get used to it... but photoshop is a lot simpler for beginners IMO.Coffee... congratulations n_n
I think that in the process of choosing one sig to vote, people just consider the one they would like to actually use... that's way lots of people probably vote for their favorite characters or series... and of course the aesthetics count too...
The idea of having one render only for everyone to use is good... even though I like to do everything on my signatures (from sketches to drawings, pictures,...), it would be a challenge, also it would be really interesting to see the different results :]
I used gimp in college because they wouldn't buy photoshop for us to use... stupid bureaucracy... but it's a really good program in my opinion... just illustrator and indesign I would never change for another one Ç_Ç
<hr noshade size="1">
I submitted mine already because I don't know if I'll have more time to work on it... more desserts to do for new year's eve and I'll be dealing with the procedures to get my diploma... so I'll be kind of busy...
also... Happy Holidays to everyone \o\~~~

- I would have said the other way around with Gimp being simple~ - But I've only looked at Gimp one time, lol~Honestly, after using gimp, compared to photoshop.... Gimp is a lot easier to use when you get used to it... but photoshop is a lot simpler for beginners IMO
That's not always the case. I wouldn't say One Piece is unpopular.If you choose something unpopular as the base of your signature, you won't get votes :P... So, if the signature is not manga-oriented, you will have less chances of winning a signature contest in a manga community ^^
Marco is a character from OP...just sayin'So true shin, you're point was proved with that nice One Piece sig a while back that pulled in twice as many votes on itself than the entire group usually does~

Where's the "...but..."? I congratulated Coffee in an according manner. It's not the first time I've used the term "an easy win" in this particular section. I've voted for him in the past so please don't see this as an attack towards him. Jeez...we've been challenging each other week after week in an entertaining and professional manner for a while now.People vote for whatever reasons they choose, but none of the excuses offered seem to apply in the case of this victory. It is not very magnanimous to congratulate someone in this manner. ~Coffee~ won and that deserves a polite "well done" without the "...but..."
" at the end of the sentence. You and Shin seem to incorporate the colour black a lot in your sigs. It may not necessarily take the majority of the "space" but it still plays a key part in your overall sigs IMO. ^^Other members would've felt or considered that to be very insulting and to a certain extent quite distasteful. Why?Remember the golden rule: if you do not have something nice to say, you should strongly consider whether you should express that opinion.
I sometimes feel like that as well lol. Especially, when you browse several different forum sites that run the avatar/signature contest. Some people spend a whole week working on effects just to make the signatures look "perfect" in everyway possible. *.*Coffee... congratulations n_n
I think that in the process of choosing one sig to vote, people just consider the one they would like to actually use... that's way lots of people probably vote for their favorite characters or series... and of course the aesthetics count too...
Another good point. I think this should be considered for the MH Anniversary Special. Everyone using the same themed-render week after week could get boring. Once in a while would be fun. It's already interesting to see what everyone comes up with for each theme because the approaches are always different in some way...so being given or told to include a particular render for one themed-week would be a very cool concept to try out.The idea of having one render only for everyone to use is good... even though I like to do everything on my signatures (from sketches to drawings, pictures,...), it would be a challenge, also it would be really interesting to see the different results :]
- I understand your feelings - after that OP sig pulled in 50+ votes or whatever I was feeling that way as well - I believe I even took a week off and planned to take more off but then felt like I was being overly childish so I decided to come back and stop pouting~@ Coffee - I meant no offence. I hope you didn't take it that way. I guess you guys thought my "outburst" was too strong and taken in the wrong way. Call it the "heat" of the moment if you like. I was hoping that "Angler fish" example would be taken as a joke. Not as an insult. I forgot to add the "" at the end of the sentence. You and Shin seem to incorporate the colour black a lot in your sigs. It may not necessarily take the majority of the "space" but it still plays a key part in your overall sigs IMO. ^^

You should think about it. 8D
I will put him in a sig :P
