All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

~Hello~
How does this look for a Future theme =



and here are some potential renders I would like to see for the 1 Render = Everyone theme... XD


lol forgot to add the Sig images =



 
Last edited:

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

:hug Coffee

I vote for the kneesocks render :love
I have that render there to use for the longest while :tem

The last one is a close second :thumbs
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

lol I just noticed theres 2 "Kneesocks" renders, Kneesocks and someone wearing kneesocks, XD
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Haha, well the character Kneesocks :XD
Been holding back making a sig with her for quite a while now :XD
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Me too, some of those renders are ones I have in a waiting to be used folder that I plan on at least trying to make something out of~
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

I'll put up some renders later when I reach back~
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

@Coffee: Nice renders. But unknown characters (to me at least).
I wouldn't mind making a sig with them, they are all so nice especially the one that caught Kakashi's eye :P

I may post some renders when I have some free time ^^
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Render Freaks. :D

I haven't come across any outstanding ones from my searches so far lol.

@ nanaD - Maybe...maybe not. I haven't made my mind up yet. Back to the future-related sig would be great. ^^
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

and here are some potential renders I would like to see for the 1 Render = Everyone theme... XD
@Shinsatsu -
- Shinsatsu doesnt know Code Geass? Fate/Stay Night? Ore no Imouto? Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt? Neon Genesis Evangelion? Hakuouki? OR Angel Beats?
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

@Shinsatsu -
- Shinsatsu doesnt know Code Geass? Fate/Stay Night? Ore no Imouto? Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt? Neon Genesis Evangelion? Hakuouki? OR Angel Beats?
lol I know the names, I didn't watch any of them ^^ So, I'm not familiar with those characters.
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Yeah, it's pretty much the same for me. I've heard of all of them, but the only one I watched is Hakuoki. I try not to follow to many series, especially with animes, I hardly watch any now, I basically just follow a couple mangas. Even with that I spend a lot of time.

Anyway, I'd love to do something from Hakuoki. I just watched the end of the series the other day. I like the render Coffee has there, you could do a lot with it, but it also looks like a render that could be hard to make look goood in a sig.

I do however think that it would be good to find a render from a series that we all have some familiarity with, I don't think it's necessary, but just something to think about. Because this theme will rely on mostly on PS skills, but the other factor is how you decide to depict the character. Someone who knows the series will have an adavantage IMO, not that it really matters to me, but some of you are a bit more competitive.

I can't seem to find many HQ renders though, I will try to look some more, but I have a very bust year with school, because I must finish my degree ASAP. I will do my best to keep participating.

@Coffee - Nice future sigs, the second one with the scanlines looks great! I wish I could make such fine sigs. I've decided my meagre skills are more suited to coloring things.
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

@ Debaron
- Im daunted at the coloring skills of some of the art I look at in the other threads.... even in the so called Amateur section~ makes my colorings look Super Amateur~
(I still have a class to take and one to test out of, but my problem is that Im too broke right now)

@ Shinsatsu
- At the very least you should watch the 2 seasons of Code Geass~
(and Im betting your swirly sig wins the good theme, I think people really like that effect)
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

~Coffee~, since you seem to have a lot of renders handy, perhaps you could suggest sites where people could peruse some quality renders. :hbunny

Speaking of ~Coffee~, I just wanted to share with everyone something really thoughtful and sweet that he did for me for the holiday season. He made the following two signatures for me:



I already thanked him privately, but I also wanted to do it publicly as well. :hug
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Where I get most of mine is from www.AnimeRenders.net

But once in a while if I cant find what im looking for these are the sites ill visit -

{The best one of these apparently shutdown while I wasnt looking, I apologize}
www.PlanetRenders.net
www.Celestial-Star.net
www.IPhotoshop.org
www.Animeonline.net

and if you visit = http://www.topsigsites.com/
and browse those sites, youll find a ton of awesome resource packs that are crammed full of awesome tutorials, renders, stocks, brushes, patterns, actions, C4Ds, backgrounds, gradients, textures, and all the other stuff you need~


and you are very welcome Tsukisama~
 
Last edited:

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

There are actually quite a few albums on Photobucket that contain a vast amount of renders from HQ to LQ. Most of them can be found by a simple search. Say if you were looking for an Ichigo render...simply type in "Ichigo Render(s)" in the search box and you'll end up finding a lot of different types of renders. Some are good...others are bad lol.

The only objection I have with sites like planet and anime renders.net is the fact that they force you to register in order to look at the main galleries containing their render collections. Especially, if you want to keep tabs or save the full-sized versions of the image. :nerve
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Cool sites, will check them out :D
Got an awesome idea for the future sig :tem Gonna start working on it tonight.
 

darkdana666

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2007
Messages
238
Reaction score
183
Gender
Female
Country
Serbia
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

@~Coffee~ Thanks for the links! X3 The only one I knew from before is www.PlanetRenders.net
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

First test for the 'Future' theme :tem

Wanted a different background, but internet was down at the time I was making it, so... :p
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Wow Kakashi that looks great!!! Awesome lighting. :) I got something started last night. I'll post it later if I still like it.
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

First test for the 'Future' theme :tem

Wanted a different background, but internet was down at the time I was making it, so... :p
Awesome. Your best work so far! Congratz.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top