All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Hehe thanks. Means a lot to know that I'm improving :D
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Fricking awesome work, kashy! I love it. :zomg

It's definitely one of your best signatures. You've really gotten to grips with using more and more effects in your pieces. Are you planning to add anything else to that "Two Worlds, One Future" sig? or are you happy with the way it is atm? o.O
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Fricking awesome work, kashy! I love it. :zomg

It's definitely one of your best signatures. You've really gotten to grips with using more and more effects in your pieces. Are you planning to add anything else to that "Two Worlds, One Future" sig? or are you happy with the way it is atm? o.O
I wouldn't say I'm not hay with it, but I want to try a different background. I want to try a apocalyptic background, indicating that the two worlds' future, is destruction. I'm not too sure how it will work out though... a burning city in the background with Galactus or Onslaught was my original idea, but I didn't have net to search for the images at the time.

Well, I'll try some changes and see what happens from there :XD
Glad everyone likes it :dancin


no edit -_-;

Sorry for the mistakes lol
 
Last edited:

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

No worries, we all experience it in this thread lol.

You know...I would consider increasing the overall size of your sig. If you intend to include a couple of more things; increasing the size of the sig would be a good idea because you don't want the completed sig to look too crowded and congested. It would become irritating in a way to the "eye". xD

Nice idea for the background btw. An old burnt down city/landscape or something? I think it would look great. :Gaipose
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

No worries, we all experience it in this thread lol.

You know...I would consider increasing the overall size of your sig. If you intend to include a couple of more things; increasing the size of the sig would be a good idea because you don't want the completed sig to look too crowded and congested. It would become irritating in a way to the "eye". xD

Nice idea for the background btw. An old burnt down city/landscape or something? I think it would look great. :Gaipose
I always try to make sigs with the size limitation for the contest (550x170),but I don't like how they look.Most of them turn out too wide... Honestly, I'm not good with sizing anything... not even when I'm sketching -_-; I always get problems :darn

Yeah, I was thinking about a city on fire or something and have one of the villains face or something somewhere in there.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Same here. I usually try and not use the full 550x170 tbh. I like the limiting my sigs to around 400x150. Thay way it becomes more challenging for me anyway. In your specific case; I think going with the full blown 550x170 will do look perfect. At the very least you need to expand the sig dimension a bit more tbh. Especially, since you intend to place another background image of an old city/landscape of some kind.

I like the positiong and look of the villain(s) atm. I just checked...your sig is currently 470x170. I think you should try 500x170 at the very least. First find that perfect city landscape image though haha~


Crap! Too many typos! :nerve
 
Last edited:

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

@kakashi - I agree with Bugzee about the size thing. If you add more to the middle it will probably look better a bit wider. Though I tend to like wide and short images for sigs. They just seem more sig-like to me.

I found it funny that you guys were talking about sig size. I always start with the maximum as it's my default canvas size. I know this is a bad idea, especially since I've only changed the size on like two of my sigs to something different. I told myself that this week I'd make something a different size, I started with the default, and when I kinda misplaced the text, I just changed the sig size and IMO it looked so much better. I think I will need to pay more attention to size/dimensions in the future. So Bugzee, good job pointing out the importance of this. :)

Here's my attempt - No Future


I did a quick version last night and it looked decent, so I decided to go with another Naruto themed sig. The first thing I thought of for Future was Sasuke's line - "My dream has no Future. My dream is in the past. It only exists there." Since Itachi is my favorite character I just love the sadness of this quote.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Looks great DeBaron!Really like this idea, and the images to the right is well placed. Did you consider putting a image of Itachi dying or dead? You probably didn't have space, but I think it would have had more impact on the concept. :tem

Good Job~


As for my sig.... I found a pretty cool image for the background.I'll start working on it a little later :D


Adding the background didn't workout, so I submitted the current version :tem
 
Last edited:

darkdana666

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2007
Messages
238
Reaction score
183
Gender
Female
Country
Serbia
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

@kakashi919 Your sig is beyond amazing! :worship

@DeBaron8 I like it! It's a great idea!
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Kashy, do you mind showing me that landscape picture that you were trying to use as a background for your "future" signature?
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

You BAKA!!! :yelling

That's a fricking awesome find! It's perfect for your signature and even after I said to you to try and play around with the dimensions...you still think it's impossible!? or it didn't "look right"!? :o

I played around on PS for a good 15 minutes and look what I've come up with:





:blink​

Ok...so I had to cut your sig into three pieces...work with the fader and duplicate certain places of your sig to match and cover the new 500x170 canvas....oh yea baby!!! I think you get the jist of what I tried to do with your sig and I think it'll help now...please finish the sig up because I believe it can become an instant classic. :wtf

PM Tsuki to replace your submission once you're done with the new(er) version. I hope this has helped ya! :Gaipose


​
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Bugz... Great modifications :)
Kakashi, you really should consider what Bugzee said... The background is so perfect.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Arigatou Shin~

I don't have a clue how to conquer (:D) over Kashy's submission now... Coffee must've gone into a frenzy after viewing kakashi's submisison...I can picture Coffee's reaction to look something like this>> :pmg x :iik

hahaha~ :p

So Shin, have you started on your "future" sig submission?
 

WhatWhatinthebutt

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
106
Reaction score
30
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Future, huh? I've got a little something something
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

I dont think mine was good enough in the first place, so Im back at the drawing board~ XD
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Kashy. Good job! You made Coffee go back to the "drawing board". :D
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

lol

Will definitely do more work on it tomorrow. I'm being scolded by my competition :XD

Well I don't feel too comfortable replacing submissions, but I'll try to make this one better :D
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

So Shin, have you started on your "future" sig submission?
Hmm, Sadly, I am kinda busy right now... I have a huge pile of java projects and php pages to work on. I was careless and postponed everything to the same date. I have too much work that I don't know where to start... But I'm going to make the deadline for this theme :P it's more interesting than the stupid codes anyway ... <3 graphix
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Hows this looking instead? =


I might be messing this up but - "Ore wa ashita ga hoshi"
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top