All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

lol @ Kakashi's overly cleavage filled sig




 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

You know you like it Coffee~ :derp


Submitted it for the theme :hurr

If Tsukisama thinks it's breaking any of the rules, then I guess it will be removed?
 
Last edited:

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

I had something similar that I was going to submit for the MH banner contest a while back, and it was shot down~

But then again, that would have been on the main page~
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Hmmmm... I don't see anything wrong with it though. There's no nudity or over exposure. Hope it's acceptable :worrybunny
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

I believe there was an even worse one in the hall of fame XD


 
Last edited:

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

I remember that one -_-; That was Sasori's right? or yours?
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

@kakashi- Nice Afro samurai render. :thumbs That was the first anime I ever watched. That render has many possibilities too work with. Also, your submission looks great! Sinple and clean. I think the playboy bunny thing is a good take on the theme and it's not too racy IMO.

@Shin - Nice Mikawk sig. :) You're on a One Piece kick, I like it!

@Coffee - Your bunny sig with the real bunny is very cute! I love bunnies. I got scared by one the other night. :sweat It ran out of the bushes by my house and I was like. Ahh, coyote attack! Then I looked and saw it was a bunny, lol.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

:rofl you got scared because of a bunny :XD

Thanks. I have no idea how the playboy idea came to me... I thought it was kinda funny :XD
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

I was actually thinking of making an additional bunny-sig like that sig by Sasori. Like a version/part II kind of thing. Just for the lolz. I gotta find the right picture first. :D

Kashy, how comes you submit your sigs so quick and early? You could've improved the sig even more with some feedback from us. Did you have any other ideas for the bunny themes besides that one? :blink
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

I was actually thinking of making an additional bunny-sig like that sig by Sasori. Like a version/part II kind of thing. Just for the lolz. I gotta find the right picture first. :D

Kashy, how comes you submit your sigs so quick and early? You could've improved the sig even more with some feedback from us. Did you have any other ideas for the bunny themes besides that one? :blink
Well, I submitted this one early because I really have no other good ideas... The other idea I had was an animated gif,which I doubt I could pull off. Yeah I probably could have,but I doubt I would have the time,because right now I'm really sick and can't go to work until probably next week,but I have a lot of paper work to finish.

Btw, there was actually a very funny bunny picture I saw. "Bunnies Creed", I laughed so much when I saw it :lmao They had a bunny from Rayman Raving Rabbits and had him dressed as Altair(?) from Assassins Creed :XD
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Everyone should check out the Cupid thread - http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67629

I was thinking about doing something, lol, but I think I know who Cupid is, So I will refrain~


Also another coloring work =
 
Last edited:

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Ahh -Coffee - what are you doing!? Quoting me in your sig!!!! LMAO! Seriously, it is halarious, I didn't realize how ridiculous it sounded. I was just telling the truth.:facepalm Btw, cool coloring. I like the texture a lot. Though I think there could be more shadows on the face, especially from the hair. What is it from?

@Kakashi- Bunny's creed that sounds pretty funny, there are some other good spoofs out there as well. I always loved the Lego stuff that people made of it, but it was more impressive than funny though.
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Its a drawing from a friend - See his signature on it~

and to tell you the truth I only added a little bit of shadowing too it, some for his eye and a little bit on his hair in some places and I was thinking about adding even more shadowing.

Its Edward from Fullmetal Alchemist (if that is what you were asking)


*I basically just threw some color onto it, it was that epic of a drawing beforehand~
 
Last edited:

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

:confetti

The winner of the shadow sig contest has been voted, and the winner is nanaDmari! :whoabunny
This is nanaDmari's very first win in the Sig Contest! :D Among a contest about signature, nanaDmari stands out with a signature trait of her own: she has only ever used her own original artwork in her submissions! :wtf This is an artistic feat worthy of commendation in its own right, but her original art for this particular contest is truly a sight to behold!

Working outside the traditional rectangle frame, four simple words and mysterious figure emerge from an amorphous region of darkness. The figure, perhaps male, perhaps without gender, shows some signs of distinction from the shadowy abyss with the few colors, vaguely and eerily reminiscent of the visible matter in our universe adrift in the dark expanse. The creature may be emerging from the shadows or be the very shadows itself, making this a most elegant epitome of shadows, as something seemingly born out of nothingness and inextricably connected to its source.

C'est très magnifique! :luv

:confetti

Please be sure to wish nanaDmari your own congratulations. We all stand in the shadows of someone else from time to time, and by understanding and honoring their achievements, we ourselves can find a path into the spotlight. :tem​

You still have one week left for the rabbit theme. I am glad to see that it is so well-liked. As some of you know, I do love bunnies, and I look forward to the beautiful bunny-related signatures yet to come! :cheerbunny

The nomination phase has now ceased, and the time has decide which one everyone shall use in the next contest! Thank you to DeBaron8, ~Coffee~, Farfalla, and kakashi919 for your nominations. Everyone has one week to cast a vote for their favorite among the four.


By the way, nanaDmari, I am really curious to know what font you used in your winning shadow signature? It looks really cool. :nod
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

:confetti
:hug Congrats nanaD!!! :hug
:confetti

:occa Yay!!! Your first win! :occa​





@ Tsuki - I so sad. I missed the render submission deadline. I was going to post this. I was asleep. No fair. :(
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

I don't like to say who I voted for, but this time I'll share that I've voted for her *0* Think her art is rly cool. Gratz^^
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Congratulations nanaDmari it was an outstanding signature. Keep up the good work.


+ I am really ashamed of myself right now... I was the one who came up with the same render contest idea and I failed to submit any render ... I had too many choices and I couldn't pick one up in the end. I'm sorry.
 
Last edited:

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

:confetti Congrats on your first Win NanaDmari!!! :confetti
Your submission was very well suited to the theme, loved the creepiness of it and the text. :D
 

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
1,176
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Thank you, people n_n
I'm really glad you liked it...

@Tsukisama
I think that not even I could say so much about my own sig... your texts are always so well written... it makes me look forward to them...
the font I used is called Levi Brush... I like the dirty feel it gives and it matched well with the brushes I used while drawing...

I'm sad to say my computer "died" this friday (I need to buy a new psu now --_--"), so I wasn't able to submit anything for the same render contest and won't be able to finish nor submit my rabbit sig...
well, I'm looking forward to the sumissions... good luck to you all...

oh, and kakashi, good job finding one of the most iconic bunnies ever and that seemingly no one had remembered (at least I hadn't XD)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top