All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

@ Tsuki - I so sad. I missed the render submission deadline. I was going to post this. I was asleep. No fair. :(
That does look like it would have been a really nice render, and I wish you had nominated it in time. The nomination phase, however, was originally only meant to be for one week, and I extended it to last for two weeks. So, I sort of feel that was pretty fair.

If I hadn't already created the poll, I could allow it, but I am afraid it is too late at this point. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but hopefully you will be okay with one of the four renders available.

Thank you, people n_n
I'm really glad you liked it...

@Tsukisama
I think that not even I could say so much about my own sig... your texts are always so well written... it makes me look forward to them...
the font I used is called Levi Brush... I like the dirty feel it gives and it matched well with the brushes I used while drawing...
I'm glad you enjoyed my commentary. Like I said, your signature was really good. :)

Thank you for the font. It really did go nicely with your signature and looks great in general. I am going to download it now. :hbunny
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Congrats nanaD
Really enjoyed this shadow sig of yours and it inspires me to make a 'different' type of sig~
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

I like the Avatar though, it is Kawaii

Sig time!








 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Glad u've liked it, Coffee^^

Submited mine, but I was out of time and patience XD so it's kinda lame.
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

@Farfalla - I really like your entry. It's pretty. :)

@Coffee - Interesting new set, I assume you lost a competition? Or is pink your new favorite color? I like the first and last of your most recent sigs. I think I'd like the first one most, but parts of it look too sharp and seem kindy jaggy or LQ. So I like the last one the most overall.


Here is a new sig I made for someone. I call it a Coffee style sig, hope you don't mind me trying to copy your pop-out style Coffee. :)

 
Last edited:

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Heh, ya I realize that its a little too sharp, the guy I made it for didnt like the style anyways, I was practicing the style last night~
- I do like pink, but ya I lost a 1 round minority rule..... one "Yes" got me a new set for 2 days, lol~

and of course I don't mind~ I like the effects around the hand and the character looks badass~ What is he from~?
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

@Coffee - I asked the person I made it for the same thing, and apparently they chose a render that they didn't remeber where it was from. So I have no clue. Also, I forgot to comment on your other bunny piece. Did you color that? If you did it's an amazing job and is super cute. :)

I have to remember to fix up my Hinata-Bunny sig before the deadline, b/c I'm getting carried away with coloring a Zoro pic for someone right now.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Congrats nana! :confetti

A really great submission and well deserved win :thumbs


I'm a little late with the congrats and posting here...been really sick this past week and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. Hopefully I'll be able to take part in the next theme. :darn
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

No, I didnt color it, I just moved the bunny and made the background lol


Sigs Sigs!!!



and for Bugzee
Gonna Smex You Up 2011
 
Last edited:

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Yay! "Gonna Smex You Up" 2011 version! :zomg

Nice one, Coffee~






[sizept=2]I nearly forgot about the bunny theme contest![/sizept] :fail
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011




New Bunny Sig! LOL

 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

:lmao

Nice idea~

Aren't you going to add anything else to it?
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Is that Ferris from Legendary Heros in the first sig?


That Bunny sig is creepy -_-;
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

@ Bugzee
- I couldnt even if I wanted to (if I want to keep it below 300 KB)

@ Kakashi
- Yesh it is, I rendered it myself (I originally rendered it so I could use it in a sig for Destiny4ever) but she switched sigs so I decided to use it again.
- Sig I made for Destiny =
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

This has become Coffee's second gallery thread. :p
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

lol well I look for advice but nobody gives any in my gallery lol~
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

lol well I don't think my advice is any good anyway~
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Mainly because a lot of people admire/like your current style/techniques. Give me some time and I'll check out a few of your latest sigs and see how you could improve them. ;)
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Hello! I've been lurking around this thread for a while but never go to post in here yet.
I'm new to this whole signature busniess :s and I must say, the signatures you guys made is awesome :darn

Anyway, I tried making one and here it is:


I basically only played with the lighting and used a few brushes..no C4Ds here. Will anyone tell me how it is?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top