Discussion Alvarez Mages Power Rate - [FINISHED]

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Well this was more or less perfect.Invel is basically ice Ajeel.


Atleast i am happy @MLG Bradman will not go before Invel.
 

Seven777

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
10,567
Age
31
Country
Australia
Glad Invel is finally out of the running, i had him below Azir, Jacob and Wahl.
No it wasn't, not even close. Even by the end of the fight Natsu didn't have nearly as much damage as Erza did.



Dude, he guarded against it, it didn't land directly and he didn't physically stop it either. The most we got out of that scene was that Jacob can successfully guard against casual Natsu kick level attacks. That doesn't do anything for his physical strength and if you seriously consider that an impressive durability feat then I don't know what else to say.



Yes he does, the second he uses Sand World he will know where Jacob is. Its no different then throwing undodgable powder everywhere, Jacobs outline is going to be perma revealed. Because they were all in a building with Jacob at the only exit, are you seriously going to try and use the "no one has so no one can" argument right now? Sand World is out of Transports league, as is Sand Tsunami and Sand Pit. I'd argue that the sand golem is more dangerous then Transport is.

Definitely 3 seconds or less. Probably not even that considering we quite clearly see Cana, Max and the others instantly affected by the magic, at that point it was likely too late to do anything, jump or not they wouldve ended up inside Transport.



You are the one that insisted that its his strongest curse. Gajeel couldn't do anything about Mards curse or the 2nd curse and yet he escaped the third curse which is "stronger" so yes, nothing but luck.



LMAO nope, this seriously doesn't work in your favour.



Grays punch >>> injuring a Loli.



Besides the point. Sand Pit is damn near instantaneous, Transport was clearly not. The entire guild wouldn't have been capable of doing anything about Sand Pit either, not that that point is really relevant.



Oh ok, but why would that have any emphasis? Its not some crazy ability, its just a basic innate ability he has. I'm not using it in the way you think I am.



NO. No it doesnt need to work like that, Ajeel can see in the sand, we KNOW that. We also know that sand won't just pass through where Jacob is because he is still technically there so there will be a big glarring human sized space that has no sand.
Welp, at this point im just repeating old posts, so i'll just leave this argument off with these few points.

Azir cant see through the sand, it "tells" him things, beyond that we know nothing.
Jacob was portrayed as physically stronger than Bradman was because he was overpowering Natsu, while Bradman was the one getting overpowered by Gajeel.
Mards curse didnt defeat Gajeel, it pierced him. Third Seal did more damage imo.
Transport isnt as slow as you think it is and is a better spell than anything Azir has.

And thats basically the way i see things, feel free to refute, debunk or disagree with anything here, but thats my stance on Azir vs Jacob. I'll admit that you've got me thinking that maybe Azir is on par with Jacob, but only because you've made me think more of Azir, rather than less of Jacob. However i think thats as much as you're gonna get from me based on the points you've given. Good discussion
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,974
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
I can guess @Brandish gave Brandish 10 :notsure Please no troll score :cop

Glad Invel is finally out of the running, i had him below Azir, Jacob and Wahl.
Though I am neutral, mind explaining? Especially him being below Jacob
 
Last edited:

Seven777

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
10,567
Age
31
Country
Australia
I can guess @Brandish gave Brandish 10 :notsure Please no troll score :cop


Though I am neutral, mind explaining?
Sure, all my opinion of course but here's my reasoning.

Azir has better physicals and a far greater variety of attacks, his AoE is a lot better too. Sand World>Ice Armor as well.

Wahl is far superior physically, and could pummel him as easily as Gray imo. Like Azir he also has a far greater variety of attacks and the ability to see Invel's weaknesses.

Jacob would annihilate Invel if he gets into CQC, Invel's ice blasts are more of a ranged attack and imo stealth is more than enough to steer clear of them long enough to get close. If Invel goes Ice Armor, Jacob Transports him while he is forming it.

To me, Invel is a lot like Brandish. Ice Lock and Organ Bust are both really good hax, but other than that they havent got much going for them. And since i doubt either can be used mid battle i cant rank them that high. Thats why i gave em both a 3. Jacob would be with them too, but Stealth makes his hax just much more viable.
 
Last edited:

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,246
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Some of the comments about regarding the rank being in any order sans the elite 3... I can agree partially with that. Those 9 shields were hyped equivalently and all have incredible abilities. However so far in this rate there is a ~2.5pt swing between 8th and 12th. That spread does not comply with the aforementioned hype that the 9 are relative equals. Well I won't comment any more on that until 4th spots' average is revealed.

I can guess @Brandish gave Brandish 10 :notsure Please no troll score :cop
I trolled her less than Hiro :kappa I gave her a good score don't worry :)
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
Some of the comments about regarding the rank being in any order sans the elite 3... I can agree partially with that. Those 9 shields were hyped equivalently and all have incredible abilities. However so far in this rate there is a ~2.5pt swing between 8th and 12th. That spread does not comply with the aforementioned hype that the 9 are relative equals. Well I won't comment any more on that until 4th spots' average is revealed.



I trolled her less than Hiro :kappa I gave her a good score don't worry :)
So you gave her a 11? :kappa
 

Takuan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
1,839
Reaction score
7,564
Age
33
Country
France
HA! You all thought you were done with disasters concerning Fairy Tail after today's chapter! I don't think so, #7 is waiting for you.

Any guesses?
Don't tell me August is next !
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
Bradman or Brandish for me.
Brandish because I have her as stronger than Invel due to the fact she walked through his blizzard and was completely unfazed by it.
Bradman because I think that most of his attack power (the Third Seal), is only as strong as pretimeskip standards, the only impressive showings for him were the First Seal, Second Seal and Overskelter.
 

Takuan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
1,839
Reaction score
7,564
Age
33
Country
France
According to my calculations :kappa it's either Brandish or Bradman. After them will be God Serena, followed by Dimaria and then top 3.
 

**Silver**

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2016
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
942
Age
36
Country
Finland
HA! You all thought you were done with disasters concerning Fairy Tail after today's chapter! I don't think so, #7 is waiting for you.

Any guesses?
lucky guess next is Larcade:yodawg:yodawg:yodawg :epicfacepalm:epicfacepalm:epicfacepalm
 

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
Would have been a nice pun if you said Bloodman :)

God Serena is held in high regard imo, so he shouldn't go this low. But who knows.
LOL, I was tempted to put Bradman there just for the pun but I couldn't... non-biased reasons stopped me.

Tbh I hold Goddy in the same regard as Bradman as two sides of the same coin, one's an absolute hax machine whereas the other is an epic powerhouse. I usually value hax > power though, especially among the Spriggans as their hax seems to work on each other to a certain degree.
 

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
This may cause some meltdowns..



























































#7



Brandish μ
Score: 6,02083333


Highest score: 9 x 2 (@PluePegasus, @randimari)
Lowest score: 1 x 1 (@Brandish)

So, the first female Spriggan to fall in this rate. It's our one and only Brandish, together with her strange surname. Queen of fanservice. Queen of not giving a fuck. Queen of being neutral. Who doesn't love this mighty woman? I do hope she could forgive me for the 7 I gave her though..

In my opinion she's a bit overplaced here. I admire her strength, truly, but she shouldn't be below Invel and Jacob. Not to mention that her hax magic is a confirmed, so called, "no limit fallacy". It basically means that anyone who has a serious high magic power rate wouldn't be affected by her mass manipulation. But luckily, Brandish isn't fully focused on using hax spells; she is an outright monster when it comes to offense. The combination of Command T: Reduction and Command T: Expansion is the most impressive feat she has shown us up to this very moment. Imagine what would happen once she'd use that against, for example, a roar of Acnologia? She got that hype, and it makes her look extremely powerful. Actually, with spells like this under her control, she is. I mean, every attack that has surprised us due to its huge area of affect can be enlarged by her. That makes me wonder, how can you guys put her below God Serena?

Overview
Magic: Command T
Spriggan Team: West
Highlights: Chapter 443, 457 & 501

THE WESTERN SPRIGGAN TEAM IS OUT.​
 
Last edited:

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
TRIGGERED. But actually this isn't a bad spot for her. I think she's high tier though but I'll give you mid-high. Here's a good question: it's you against every one of the strongest enemies in FT before the Alvarez arc. Who's hax you taking: Bloodman's or Brandish?
 

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
TRIGGERED. But actually this isn't a bad spot for her. I think she's high tier though but I'll give you mid-high. Here's a good question: it's you against every one of the strongest enemies in FT before the Alvarez arc. Who's hax you taking: Bloodman's or Brandish?
I'd take Bradman's, just for the extra assurance.

First off, try and Macro them. If that doesn't work, rip their senses away with Sensation and then call in Tenchi, I don't see many people escaping it without sight, hearing, touch etc. If that fails, start spamming through curses like Thorns, DeS and Tenga Goken. As this is happening, your First Seal is poisoning them with MBP's, weakening them as the fight continues, your Second Seal is causing mobility issues and being a geneal nuisance and then Over Skelter can be used as a method to trap them and steal their life. Meanwhile, if they try and counter attack with spells use Absorption to mitigate damage and use the MBP body to avoid physical damage. You also have the option of strengthening your body via Enhancement as the fight goes on.

Overall, I don't see many mages being immune to all of these hax abilities. Whilst Brandish's hax is definitely effective, I just see Bradman's as more lethal.

Then again, I'm not exactly the least bias of people here. :P
 
Top