Discussion Alvarez Mages Power Rate - [FINISHED]

Seven777

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
10,567
Age
31
Country
Australia
Huh, my first prediction on this ranking to be true.
Terrible character imo, an utter disappointment, but im glad he got the 3rd spot
Fully expecting Eileen to be next
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Well i kind of expected it.It's fair.

Next probably Irene.

Both Larcade and Bloodman are opposites to each other.They are not hard hitter like God Serena and Wahl.But their haxes are deadly.
 

The President

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 18, 2016
Messages
785
Reaction score
2,437
Age
31
Country
Canada
Sherria was at the highest point of her life in terms of power. She's a God Slayer, Dimaria-Chronos' weakness and got beat by Sherria's strongest spell that could of killed Wendy if Sherria wasn't exhausted. No issue if you think she's overrated (she's not to me in the least bit, probably the most underrated to maybe Wall or God Serena, maybe Bloodman) but gotta put it in context my dude.
A spell that could have killed Wendy Pre-TS doesn't really matter to me because its 1) Pre-TS and 2) Wendy. And it was a one-shot when she used said spell so there is no real way to quantify just how strong DiMaria is in Chronos given that before that she had nothing but lolis to face. w/o Age Seal I have no qualms in putting DiMaria in the bottom 3, maybe above Brandish and Jacob but below everyone else. With Age Seal she goes up to 4th and surely enough she got 4th place here, so I don't see how she can be considered underrated. I don't think I've ever seen anyone put her outside of the top 5. Bradman is also really overrated, 5th place for him is kind of a joke IMO, he's pretty much canonically weaker then Wahl and yet got put 4 places above him? Nah. I used to consider Serena also highly overrated but I think he's fairly well placed. Wahl I agree with, absurdly underrated. Probably the most underrated character in all of FT. Ajeel isn't that far behind as far as underrated people go either. For current list I'd go:

1) August
2) Dragon Irene

3) Larcade

4) Neinhart (Enchanted)
5) DiMaria w/Age Seal
6) Wahl

7) Serena
8) Human Irene
9) Ajeel
10) Bradman
11) Invel
12) Neinhart (regular)
13) DiMaria w/o Age Seal
14) Brandish
15) Jacob

Before I get flamed for having enchanted Neinhart in 4th place, I say it under the assumption that he has enough MP to bring out at least TWO spriggan at full power (i.e. Serena AND Wahl) since I operate under the assumption that he can bring out ONE spriggan at full power when he is regular. That way he has one spriggan on the offensive while the other spriggan guards him and provides support and he himself provides extra support with his fairly powerful fire power. On top of that he is immune to the hax of pretty much all the other spriggan below him. He can be one hell of a force.

And yeah, I don't see how we could put human Irene that far above Ajeel when they performed relatively equally against Erza. I just give Irene the benefit of the doubt and put her one place above him. Which is why it baffles me that Ajeel got rated so damn low.
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,978
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
1) August
2) Dragon Irene

3) Larcade

4) Neinhart (Enchanted)
5) DiMaria w/Age Seal
6) Wahl

7) Serena
8) Human Irene
9) Ajeel
10) Bradman
11) Invel
12) Neinhart (regular)
13) DiMaria w/o Age Seal
14) Brandish
15) Jacob
I am actually okay with your list but I am just curious as to why you separate some, like dragon and human Irene, DiMaria w/ Age Seal and w/o Age Seal, and regular and enchanted Neinhart. Erza and Wendy was able to scratch both human and dragon Irene so imo even Serena can do that. As for DiMaria case, I just don't see why one separates her own spell from her. As for Neinhart case, the enhancement's source was not from anyone but Irene, so it's an external source.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
I admit defeat when it comes to trying to knock Larcade off his 3rd Rank Throne, but at least I'm proud to say that I was able to pull down his average score.

I'm just curious to see how many people actually gave August a 10.
I guess atleast 3-4 people will give him 10/10.

Irene too will recieve atleast 3 10's.
 

Nemispelled

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
2,335
Reaction score
3,740
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I guess atleast 3-4 people will give him 10/10.

Irene too will recieve atleast 3 10's.

I guess I'm also one of those 3-4 people then.

Although, I would imagine that more people should be giving him a 10, considering we're comparing them among Spriggans only. Which means, if August is the top of the line, then he should secure a score of 10 from pretty much everybody.

The real question is his lowest score I guess. I'm interested to know what August's lowest score is.

Regardless, I'm predicting that his standing score will be a lot higher than Irene's, who is presumably 2nd Ranked at this point.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
I guess I'm also one of those 3-4 people then.

Although, I would imagine that more people should be giving him a 10, considering we're comparing them among Spriggans only. Which means, if August is the top of the line, then he should secure a score of 10 from pretty much everybody.

The real question is his lowest score I guess. I'm interested to know what August's lowest score is.

Regardless, I'm predicting that his standing score will be a lot higher than Irene's, who is presumably 2nd Ranked at this point.
Well i don't think BP allowed more than 10:teehee.

But anyway as this poll was before Irene turned into a Dragon August should come first.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,247
Reaction score
33,631
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Why in gods name would August receive anything but a 10? Maybe Irene... coz she was getting trolled... I still gave her a 10. She might be worth a 9 or 9.5 when we finally see August do his thing.
 
Last edited:

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,843
Reaction score
16,825
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Why in gods name would August receive anything but a 10? Maybe Irene... coz she was getting trolled... I still gave her a 10. She might be worth a 9 or 9.5 when we final see August do his thing.
I've got to agree. August should be damn close to a perfect 10, I get some people might hold being stabbed or maybe Natsu negating the melt spell against him, but he's still got a lot of hype and the size of melt was fairly impressive too. Irene should be around a 9 imo, she did get trolled a bit with Hiro's writing but she's still a very impressive mage nonetheless.
 

Takuan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
1,839
Reaction score
7,564
Age
33
Country
France
I never give 10s. Nor do i give 0. I gave August a solid 9.5, the higher score on my list and the higher i would have given anyway. A 10 is like, perfection, which i believe can not be obtained. That's how i judge things anyway.
 

The President

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 18, 2016
Messages
785
Reaction score
2,437
Age
31
Country
Canada
I am actually okay with your list but I am just curious as to why you separate some, like dragon and human Irene, DiMaria w/ Age Seal and w/o Age Seal, and regular and enchanted Neinhart. Erza and Wendy was able to scratch both human and dragon Irene so imo even Serena can do that. As for DiMaria case, I just don't see why one separates her own spell from her. As for Neinhart case, the enhancement's source was not from anyone but Irene, so it's an external source.
Because the particular power adds SO much to their overall power that I thought I'd make the distinction, DiMaria w/o age seal happens to be a particularly popular version of her in versus threads. In Neinharts case being enchanted is done through an outside source, so he cannot even obtain that power himself so it wouldn't be fair to make enchanted Neinhart default. Serena can probably scratch dragon Irene with his strongest attack, which is an attack he hasn't shown us and I am just speculating on. However its just that, a scratch, definitely nothing major while dragon Irene on the other hand can consequently one-shot him.

I never give 10s. Nor do i give 0. I gave August a solid 9.5, the higher score on my list and the higher i would have given anyway. A 10 is like, perfection, which i believe can not be obtained. That's how i judge things anyway.
I agree, which is why August should be a 10. He is perfection as far as spriggans go. If we included other characters like Zeref and Acnologia then obviously things would be different (the regular spriggans wouldn't even get past 0.5) but when it comes to a spriggan rankings, August is the epitome of how powerful a spriggan is. If you consider him above Irene, then shouldn't he be getting a solid 10?
 

Takuan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
1,839
Reaction score
7,564
Age
33
Country
France
I agree, which is why August should be a 10. He is perfection as far as spriggans go. If we included other characters like Zeref and Acnologia then obviously things would be different (the regular spriggans wouldn't even get past 0.5) but when it comes to a spriggan rankings, August is the epitome of how powerful a spriggan is. If you consider him above Irene, then shouldn't he be getting a solid 10?
I consider him above Irene, hence why i gave Irene something like 8 or 8.5, and August a 9.5.
Perfection is never obtained. Everyone even August has flaws. He's probably going to be defeated at some point, heck even Acno will get defeated at some point. I'd never give anyone a 10 out of 10, even someone as powerful as Acno, Zeref or in our case August.
However i'm giving scores in regards of every Spriggan compared to each other. August is the closest to perfect score and way higher than the rest in my list. But i won't give him 10. Just like i won't give a 10/10 or 0/10 to a new chapter even if it was amazingly good/bad.
That's just how i see it, i'm fine with anyone giving 10 to August, i understand the reason behind such a mark =)
 
Last edited:

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Let's do this and finish it in one row!

































































#2



Irene Belserion
Score: 8,85416667

Highest score: 10 x 9 (@Brandish, @PluePegasus, @randimari, @~Charging Lightning~, @DiMaria Yesta, @EmptySoul, @Belserion, @Axiomus, @Atomicus)
Lowest score: 1 x 1 (@Zelefomavis) this is.. a choice

Okay, nine 10's. Yet no one except me even bothered giving Larcade, who clearly seems superior to Irene when it comes to feats, full marks. She got a 9,5 from me, not sorry.

Doing a great job against Acnologia, yet losing pathetically against Erza. Oh well, that's how it goes in Fairy Tail sometimes. Aside from that tragic display, she is a real genius when it comes to magic. She invented two types of magical power that have been used by many mages ever since: Enchantment and Dragon Slayer Magic. She amplified the first-mentioned throughout her whole life, becoming a so-called "High Enchanter". And out of this improvement, she developed another unexisting kind of magic in the midst of a battle. Exactly, World Reconstruction Magic; maybe the most epic magic that got introduced in this very arc. With the corresponding spell, Universe One, she is able to completely change a country-sized landscape. That's real power, guys.

Overview
Magic: World Reconstruction Magic, Eye Magic, High Enchantment, Dragon Slayer Magic
Spriggan Team: North
Highlights: Chapter 489, 513, 514, 515, 516, 517, 518, 519

THE NORTHEN SPRIGGAN TEAM IS OUT.


















That means..























#1



August
Score: 9,9375

Highest score: 10 x 22 (@BluePegasus, @Brandish, @PluePegasus, @Laxus chan-yo, @Seven777, @Asorx, @MLG Bradman, @Nemispelled, @Doughboy, @randimari, @~Charging Lightning~, @DiMaria Yesta, @EmptySoul, @Orgastthemage, @Belserion, @**Salty**, @MonkeyD-Dragon, @Miralicious akuma, @Axiomus, @Atomicus, @Zelefomavis, @Crimson Ice)
Lowest score: 9 x 1 (@Jean Grey) interesting

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS! Just look at that extreme high average and the spam of 10's, the slayage. Well, this #1 was a bit too obvious, wasn't it?

Okay, so what to say? August has a lack of feats, like for real. We haven't seen anything of him except him dropping a huge lava-based nuke and stomping Crime Sorcière. It's clear that this man is going to be saved for last. But who will have the privilege of fighting him? We just don't know. At this point I don't even care that much, I just want to see this man going all out as soon as possible. Like, does he really possess every type of magic? Is he really worth of being called The Wizard King? The curiosity. Whatever, August is and always will be the strongest, and that's a solid fact. #1 is his only rightful place and I would've protested if it was otherwise.

Overview
Magic: Unnamed
Spriggan Team: East
Highlights: Chapter 489 & 507

THE EASTERN SPRIGGAN TEAM IS OUT.










































Y'all thought it was over?






















You're not done with me yet!

THE ISHGAR RATE, COMING SOON!

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

FINALE SCOREBOARD

1). August - 9,94
2). Irene - 8,85
3). Larcade - 7,94
4). Dimaria - 7,54
5). Bloodman - 6,19
6). God Serena - 6,17
7). Brandish - 6,02
8). Invel - 5,90
9). Wall - 5,83
10). Jacob - 4,93
11). Ajeel - 4,54
12). Neinhart - 3,45


​
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Thanks to everyone that was active in this thread for the last few days, and a special thanks to the 23 people that participated!​
 
Last edited:
Top