1. This web comic needs more readers. So what are you waiting for? Read :D.
  2. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. Congratulations to goldb for winning the Friends Photography contest!, and as always, well done to the other participants!.

Voting has begun for the Special Halloween Art Contest
    Witch.

Also there is a special announcement regarding the Winter Art Contest, so please Read up!
  4. This year's Community Awards have ended. Check out the results HERE!
  5. The very first Magi Awards have begun! Nominate your favorite Moments and Characters now!
  6. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Politics American Politics

Discussion in 'General World Topics' started by SharkBait, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Franckie

Franckie Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

United States
    It sucks when your country's "elected leaders" turn out to be Russian stooges, as recent revelations are shining upon Trump, Flynn, and the rest of the GOP. :bored:bored:bored

Prediction--we will shortly start to see news stories about what a great manager Pence is and how competent his staff is.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  2. shionoro

shionoro Mangahelper

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Mangahelper

Germany
    Remember when people told me that Clinton is the Saudi's pet because her foundation received an insignificant amount from some saudi donors years before she ever got secretery of state?
    Wanna see how they react to Trump making a really huge weapon deal with them that irritates his former friend and nato ally, the Israelis.

3. xi0

xi0 あの術

最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form

Administrator

Pyke
    It's in the Saudi's interests to influence both, so I'm not sure what the significance there is. Especially when you have a President who might say one thing and then do the other, and has supporters who tie themselves in knots trying to explain it away.

4. M3J

M3J MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Akatsuki
    Also, it's been reported Ivanka's foundation has been getting money from Saudi Arabia as well. oh, and when Trump criticized Michelle for not wearing a headscarf, but Melania doing the same thing. And when Barack bowed, but Trump doing the same thing. Hypocritical shitbrain. :derp

5. John Flume

John Flume Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

United States
    This whole thing with Trump and Saudi Arabi is intense!

6. M3J

M3J MH Senpai

Akatsuki
    Trump's criticized for writing a half-assed note, and he apparently thinks Israel isn't in Middle East. Hilarious.

Doughboy likes this.
  7. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Fire Nation
    So melania won't let trump take her hand? I guess he has grabbed so much pussy she is afraid to get an std....:fan
    --- Double Post Merged, May 25, 2017, Original Post Date: May 24, 2017 ---
    Can someone explain to me why there are so many leaks coming from the white house? Originally I kinda got it because they were mostly about how grotesquely incompetent trump is but now leaks actually have to do with classified stuff. And not all of it comes from trump of course. Incompetence leaks make sense because it can put the nation on guard and increases pressure on the administration to be competent. But the other stuff... WTF is going on there? Is this trump's fault somehow?

Doughboy, Onyx Darkmatter and M3J like this.
  8. Onyx Darkmatter

Onyx Darkmatter Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

United States
    I think the leaks involves the Manchester Concert Attack. Probably has something to do with securities, so the UK got pissed at the US.

9. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Fire Nation
    I know about those leaks but that is not what i am asking about. I am asking in general, why are there so many leaks?

10. Onyx Darkmatter

Onyx Darkmatter Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

United States
    Hmm... that I'm unsure of.

11. M3J

M3J MH Senpai

Akatsuki
    Act of rebellion and teenage angst, I bet.

12. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Fire Nation
    I get what trump is trying to do when he says NATO members own money but does he realize that nato members don't actually own money? Why does he phrase that in a way that is both inaccurate and makes US allies sound like thieves?

13. M3J

M3J MH Senpai

Akatsuki
    you just answered your own question

WithYouInSpirit likes this.
  14. Franckie

Franckie Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

United States
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-al...da-gop-operative-1495724787?mg=id-wsj&tesla=y

This is bullshit. It's been obvious all along that the Russians and parts of the GOP have been colluding with one another to oust Democrats. The idea that the GOP were merely passive, unwitting beneficiaries of Russian interference last year is garbage. GOP leaders know better, but they turn a blind eye with the collusion that is incoming from our own country with a hostile foreign power. Dude, the Russians are not our friends. They'll turn on the GOP the moment they cease to be useful, and have already hacked them at least once. Other countries are already noting how rabid partisanship can be used to undermine our national security and influence abroad. And the GOP ignores all this because of their addiction to promoting welfare for the wealthy by shafting the safety net.

15. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Fire Nation
    As for the bold part, to be honest that is almost how I saw the situation. The alternative would be that the GOP actively worked with russia with the hacking and whatever else this entails. However that is not to say them being passive unwitting beneficiaries makes them innocent. The keyword there is "passive". They shouldn't have been passive. They failed to call out trump and russia over this bullshit. And now the other side of the coin. Russia is absolutely not the GOP's friend. And it is certainly not friends with trump. Russia's goal isn't to help trump, it is to cause political chaos and destabilize the US. Their aim was to erode trust in the highest office in the country, US institutions and perhaps get the US president to enable their own geopolitical agenda. Russia didn't need to collude with trump or anyone else to do what they did at the election. It's like the bit about hacking macron's emails. Russia didn't need permission from or to work with le pen to do it, they just did it to hopefully cause chaos in france. Honestly, trump's people are so incompetent that russia probably avoided the collusion intentionally so that those idiots wouldn't ruin it.

16. M3J

M3J MH Senpai

Akatsuki
    Thing is though, democrats would likely do the same if given the chance.

17. swirlydragon

swirlydragon Registered User

Alvarez Empire
    I made myself believe that Trump was a better choice than Hilary after he won the elections.
    Well now I realize that it was just wishful thinking and nothing else.

18. M3J

M3J MH Senpai

Akatsuki
    So, a white supremacist killed two guys, one of them a veteran, when they defended a Muslim girl. Another white supremacist days ago killed a black vet. Clearly the problem is racism and white racists being lunatics.

Also, did Trump ever mention these killings at all? Or was he quiet?

swirlydragon likes this.
  19. swirlydragon

swirlydragon Registered User

Alvarez Empire
    He is quiet since these attacks do not fit his political agenda.
    He will only address Muslim attacks, I guess smh

M3J likes this.
  20. M3J

M3J MH Senpai

Akatsuki