Politics American Politics

Franckie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Country
United States
Trump doesn't concern me so much as his Republican enablers do. Every Republican on Capital Hill fully understands who Trump is, and what electorate among the GOP base he represents. They. Don't. Care. They're perfectly fine with ignoring pesky Constitutional things like the emoluments clause + foreign espionage if it means they can secure tax cuts for their rich donors and pack the courts with corporate stooges. There was always a white nationalist bent to the GOP, but over the past 20+ years all the "conservatives" have been replaced by white nationalist reactionaries. The irony of it all is that nonwhites are not the greatest ire of white nationalists, but their fellow whites whom they hold in greatest contempt.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Country
Akatsuki
Main reason why Clinton plans on running again, I bet, is because she thinks she's gotten far more support and will win this time. I've seen opinions of her go from criticizing her to praising her and calling her a feminist after she lost; her loss really got her sympathy. Problem is, her nomination will just show that Dems are still out of touch and still shitty as ever.

M3J

MH Senpai
Country
Akatsuki
Clinton did beat Trump by 3 million votes
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

SharkBait

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Country
United States
Democrats cant agree on healthcare platforms, aligning with more conservative views. Perhaps she is the leading choice.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Country
Fire Nation
So, I take it we can rule out elizabeth warren as a candidate? I like her positions on regulating banks and the financial sector in general but now that her bar card with her own handwriting has been exposed it will haunt her forever. I do think this issue is largely exaggerated to some extent(specifically the bit about the dna test) but realistically speaking this makes her almost as toxic as clinton... Though for obviously much different, and less severe, reasons than the clintons.

M3J

MH Senpai
Country
Akatsuki
I saw that. what was her response? I still don't know where she got $1.7 billion from

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Country
Fire Nation
I saw that. what was her response? I still don't know where she got $1.7 billion from
i haven't seen any but I would answer to him.... so what? The 1.7 was at best a mistake and at worst a lie but if that number was wrong by a factor of 500% then we are still talking about 300 million-ish dollars in dark money. That's still A LOT of money. Sure, AOC should have done her homework (its not the first time she makes this type of mistake) but it doesn't even affect her broader point. His response does not even have anything to do with the simple fact that politicians can use their position to make a profit. And it'd be entirely asinine to think that the origin of campaign funding does not affect policy. there is plenty I don't agree on with AOC but this "response" to what she said is not really, well, a response.

M3J

MH Senpai
Country
Akatsuki
I think the intention was to make her look like she's either a liar, dumb, or lacking knowledge. And you mean politicians DO use their positions to make a profit, which has been happening for decades, if not centuries (Tammany Hall?). All in all though, I do agree with her, and that something needs to be done about this BS.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Country
United States
Kudos and accolades to the president if he does declare this southern border national emergency to get his wall. It is commendable that he is so dedicated to fulfilling at least one of his campaign promises.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Country
Pyke
Kudos and accolades to the president if he does declare this southern border national emergency to get his wall. It is commendable that he is so dedicated to fulfilling at least one of his campaign promises.
Except he isn't? It isn't the massive concrete structure he talked about, it's more of the same walls we have elsewhere. He won't be legally allowed to seize the property of American citizens in order to build it. Oh, and Mexico isn't paying for it. So... good for him for reallocating money from other stuff, I guess?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Country
Fire Nation
Accomplished what? Trump will be fought on this every step of the way. Even republicans in the government are cringing at trump declaring a national emergency over his made up immigration crisis. During the shutdown trump basically shot his own foot with a loser strategy which showed he doesn't understand how government works. It hurt him politically to the point where each deal he was offered got increasingly worst for him. And he had to take the worst deal he was offered. This national emergency is similar to that except trump just might have found a bazooka to shot his foot with. The national emergency is an power overreach which even republicans in government will have a lot of trouble defending AND likely won't be popular with democrats (obviously), independents and most republicans. Add to that that this will likely be fought all the way to the supreme court.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Country
United States
Accomplished what? Trump will be fought on this every step of the way. Even republicans in the government are cringing at trump declaring a national emergency over his made up immigration crisis. During the shutdown trump basically shot his own foot with a loser strategy which showed he doesn't understand how government works. It hurt him politically to the point where each deal he was offered got increasingly worst for him. And he had to take the worst deal he was offered. This national emergency is similar to that except trump just might have found a bazooka to shot his foot with. The national emergency is an power overreach which even republicans in government will have a lot of trouble defending AND likely won't be popular with democrats (obviously), independents and most republicans. Add to that that this will likely be fought all the way to the supreme court.
Opposing him will just lead to the trump is bullied narrative he tells us.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Country
Fire Nation
Opposing him will just lead to the trump is bullied narrative he tells us.
So....? It feels like your point is missing there. Are democrats supposed to cave because the most powerful baby in the world will cry them a whole river? To be fair, to win this one democrats likely have to do some work contrary to the shutdown scenario where they literally just had to sit there and do absolutely nothing but even this this should be a relatively easy win for them provided they make the point that using a national emergency as a powergrab to skip checks and balances is every bit as asinine as it sounds.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Country
United States
So....? It feels like your point is missing there. Are democrats supposed to cave because the most powerful baby in the world will cry them a whole river? To be fair, to win this one democrats likely have to do some work contrary to the shutdown scenario where they literally just had to sit there and do absolutely nothing but even this this should be a relatively easy win for them provided they make the point that using a national emergency as a powergrab to skip checks and balances is every bit as asinine as it sounds.
But theres considerable proof that there is a humanitarian crisis of the tallest order there. Sure amount of crossings is decreased but it's still a lot. People are still found dead on the american side of the wilderness there and we blatantly see people crossing on live feeds all the time.

It isnt going to be easy to disprove that there is a need to secure the borders.

Democrats need to pursue measures to address other issues that affect ALL americans.

Franckie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Country
United States
So... you're saying Republicans will stand up to Trump then? Dude, they won't stand up to him on anything. Group loyalty is the bloodline of the Republican Party, and group loyalty is based on your fealty to President Fubar, as well as the animosity you demonstrate to people outside the group (i.e., "lazy blacks"). Failure to adhere to tribal loyalty only results in a one way ticket to getting kicked out of the party.

M3J

MH Senpai
Country
Akatsuki
Trump can make it look like he's being bullied for wanting to protect USA and garner sympathy that way, as well as opposition to the Democrats, which would help him in the next election, probably.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)