Politics American Politics

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Ten. That is not a lot, considering everything, but that is more than were expected. That is a good sign for the Senate vote.
Mind you, these ten guys knew that Trump would be impeached if all democrats vote for it. Their vote for it was purely symbolic and will probably cost them, at least on the short term.
If they do it, then i'd assume the people in the senate would be even more compelled to do it when he actually is not punished if they dont.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Trump got impeached again lololol

Utter bellend

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
Cancel culture is not real though, it never was. Twitter suspending accounts isn't cancel culture, it's them doing what they should have been doing to the divisive bigots years ago. Both platforms also likely feared losing the right by banning Trump, so they likely thought it was worth keeping him on, especially since the founders weren't affected by his policies negatively, being white males.
of course it is real and its critics are right, but yes sticking to the point its not the same and hence i made the distinction.

At the end of the day, its a business and they'll do as they please.
Trump got impeached again lololol

Utter bellend
BUt sentate has to still vote on it, its deferred to 18th i think.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Sources say he's been impeached though...

Exactly, and they'll uphold their own ToS as they see fit.

ninjabot

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
The only president to be impeached more times than he was elected... and if I remember correctly there's only been 4 presidential impeachments? And Donald Trump holds TWO OF THEM.

Half the impeachments our nation has ever had... belongs to a single man. This is hilarious.

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The only president to be impeached more times than he was elected... and if I remember correctly there's only been 4 presidential impeachments? And Donald Trump holds TWO OF THEM.

Half the impeachments our nation has ever had... belongs to a single man. This is hilarious.
He did it all, including dancing to YMCA. I really hope this will work out.
The best call for unity right now would be republicans backing impeachment.

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
On another note: The coup was more dangerous than I have initially thought.
At first, i dismissed the claims that the rioters had help from inside (and some of it was unfounded, blabla selfie, blabla gate.).

However, now there is reason to believe that ayanna Presley's panic button (in her office) was ripped out BEFORE the rioters entered and they knew the locations of the places they wanted to go to. This was prepared.
Trump witholding special forces and them taking a long time to arrive was prepared.

Before I thought it was a situation of lacking security because they underestimated the craziness and rioters who took the opportunity they had after trump aimlessly fired them on.

But right now, I think we actually were just one step away from senators and congresspeople dying and being abducted and that somebody who is not a grunt wanted that scenario to happen.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
At first, i dismissed the claims that the rioters had help from inside (and some of it was unfounded, blabla selfie, blabla gate.).

However, now there is reason to believe that ayanna Presley's panic button (in her office) was ripped out BEFORE the rioters entered and they knew the locations of the places they wanted to go to. This was prepared.
Trump witholding special forces and them taking a long time to arrive was prepared.

Before I thought it was a situation of lacking security because they underestimated the craziness and rioters who took the opportunity they had after trump aimlessly fired them on.

But right now, I think we actually were just one step away from senators and congresspeople dying and being abducted and that somebody who is not a grunt wanted that scenario to happen.
There definitely are members of congress and senate who are THAT insane. It's not even an unusual amount of crazy in the republican party for the past 10 years... Add to that the simple fact that law enforcement within the US is ideologically on the right wing... which I really can't stress enough, has gone beyond insane. Over the past few years it has become increasingly common to hear right wingers and conspiracy theorists go on about executing people. This is not a joke, it's not satire, it's NEVER sarcasm, they absolutely mean every execution they mention. ALSO you have to consider that a month before the election trump fired a bunch of big shots in the.... department of defense IIRC and replaced them with loyalist. Now, given how trump usually operates the most likely scenario is that the actual level of cooperation was not specially high among these people. I'd bet it look more like trump calling these insane people and tell them who the other insane people who think like them are. But since these people are insane anyways the coup ended up being just a massive stupid pizzagate.

Aeneas

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
There's always an older tweet. Like father, like son.

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
There definitely are members of congress and senate who are THAT insane. It's not even an unusual amount of crazy in the republican party for the past 10 years... Add to that the simple fact that law enforcement within the US is ideologically on the right wing... which I really can't stress enough, has gone beyond insane. Over the past few years it has become increasingly common to hear right wingers and conspiracy theorists go on about executing people. This is not a joke, it's not satire, it's NEVER sarcasm, they absolutely mean every execution they mention. ALSO you have to consider that a month before the election trump fired a bunch of big shots in the.... department of defense IIRC and replaced them with loyalist. Now, given how trump usually operates the most likely scenario is that the actual level of cooperation was not specially high among these people. I'd bet it look more like trump calling these insane people and tell them who the other insane people who think like them are. But since these people are insane anyways the coup ended up being just a massive stupid pizzagate.
I would to point out tho that the people who stopped this were the sane ones, not just the ineptitude of the loonies.

Think of kavanaugh, Gorsuch and ACB what you will (certainly, I think kavanaugh and ACB should not sit there), but they did not support Trump overturning the election. Nor did the countless republican judges that were given all these courtcases (including lots of cases about voter suppression).

Simlarly, the military DIDN'T support this coup. Trump was able to exchange enough people to delay the response, but in the end, the response came.

And in the end fox news did NOT endorse trump's claims, at least not outside of their opinion bits. They called the election for Biden.

These 3 things mattered a lot. I think had one of them played out differently, that coup might have been successful.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Think of kavanaugh, Gorsuch and ACB what you will (certainly, I think kavanaugh and ACB should not sit there), but they did not support Trump overturning the election.
We don't know what they support because the SC as a body refused to hear cases before the inauguration. That is not necessarily an endorsement, as the rejections were without comment or noted dissent.

And in the end fox news did NOT endorse trump's claims, at least not outside of their opinion bits. They called the election for Biden.
They endorse outlandish claims by having those opinions bits on air and without retraction. Their Decision Desk works independently, and is quite good. But that doesn't change what that network traffics in - lies and whataboutisms.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I would to point out tho that the people who stopped this were the sane ones, not just the ineptitude of the loonies.

Think of kavanaugh, Gorsuch and ACB what you will (certainly, I think kavanaugh and ACB should not sit there), but they did not support Trump overturning the election. Nor did the countless republican judges that were given all these courtcases (including lots of cases about voter suppression).

Similarly, the military DIDN'T support this coup. Trump was able to exchange enough people to delay the response, but in the end, the response came.

These 3 things mattered a lot. I think had one of them played out differently, that coup might have been successful.
I think ineptitude probably played a bigger role in this than the sane people. I mean, just look at how close the insurgents got to elected official. They were pretty damn close to actually catching people.

I don't think more traditional republicans support this of course. Those who actually care about Christianity fiscal, responsibility and such. BUT it is important to stress that even the most genuine and principled conservative folk around enabled trump and have their own bit of blame in this.

Obviously no military or law enforcement agency endorsed this. That's not in question. The issue is that within the military and law enforcement primarily draws in people from the right wing and as we know a substantial part of it has simply gone insane. Which is why the response to the protest was so inept and in some cases there was a form of inept cooperation. As a side note, this I would argue is pretty much the reason of the disparity between how law enforcement reacts to right wing and left wing protests.

Oh goody, for news draws the line at ending democracy...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also worth noting, in spite of all the shit that has transpired trump's approval has not significantly gone down... It has gone down but it's not even the lowest it has ever been and it's more or less about comparable to what it has been through his presidency. Basically, republican's still got trump's back... That said, I do expect trump to go lower than it shows right now. But he is still insanely popular among republicans.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Of course they did. Politicians like Boebler or whoever were tweeting out locations of Dem politicians during the riots, even, and speeches like Cruz and Trump were basically inciting violence.

These are the people you want to forgive and be friends with

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
These are the people you want to forgive and be friends with
I did not say friends. I said you gotta live with them. What is the alternative? Jail them all? Civil war?
If you dont like my stance of 'somehow you gotta find ways to include these people into society again', then i would really ask what else there is to do?

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States
I did not say friends. I said you gotta live with them. What is the alternative? Jail them all? Civil war?
If you dont like my stance of 'somehow you gotta find ways to include these people into society again', then i would really ask what else there is to do?
We already live with them. Don't mistake our online personas with how we act in our real lives. It's not like we run around chasing people that wear MAGA hats and assault them with pitchforks and torches. We just ignore them. Tolerance is just leaving people to their own devices despite our personal feelings.

EDIT: For example, I live in the South, and every house on my way to work every morning has a Trump/Pence sign on it's lawn. I've got co-workers that wear MAGA hats and complain about Trump Derangement Syndrome. I haven't gotten into an argument with any of them (well, one of them. But that was over religion, not politics lmfao).

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I would maintain my stance, there is nothing to do here other than hope they realize their cult it insane before they burn everything to the ground. And like ninja said, living with them is already what is happening. As for other stuff to do.. Welp, pointing out their insane conspiracy theories are not true (it's kinda pointless but there is no reason to not fight back either) and when the time comes crushing them at the polls are the healthiest options.

As for the civil war... the right wing is armed to the teeth while the left wing simply isn't. It wouldn't be much of a war.

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States
kkck said:
As for the civil war... the right wing is armed to the teeth while the left wing simply isn't. It wouldn't be much of a war.
Well it wouldn't just be right vs. left, it'd be right vs. left and the government. And Uncle Sam's got tanks and aircrafts so.... Billy Bob and his son he had with his cousingirlfriend aren't gonna do much with their little AR-15s.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well it wouldn't just be right vs. left, it'd be right vs. left and the government. And Uncle Sam's got tanks and aircrafts so.... Billy Bob and his son he had with his cousingirlfriend aren't gonna do much with their little AR-15s.
Ah, yeah, the army and law enforcement are probably dying to fight right wingers alongside the left....

Reactions: M3J

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
We live with them, what more do you want? They should be excluded and probably jailed, depending on their actions. Many anti-Trumpers don't even feel comfortable living with them, even, due to their violence and brainwashing. I know I don't, and the Capitol riot proved why.

These people are already included in the society, you can't get rid of them. They're white supremacists living in a country that's catered for white supremacy, and Trump supporters come from all walks of life, they're not just dumb hillbillies or blue collar workers. Many rioters are being punished, but their punishment seems to be light compared to what peaceful BLM protesters got.

Yours and Biden's stance is pretty shitty, and from the given context, it seems like neither of you support punishing the people who cause issues and are divisive. Anyone who wants healing has to start with punishing these people, first.