There's some people who've frequented it that are right-leaning but they don't stick around very long I guess. I'm sure it's just the echo-chamber all of us exist in...
Also as a side-note, I'm glad most people are fairly left-leaning here. It'd be disappointing af if I was here for as long as I have been and suddenly pop over here to discover something else.
Yeah... we had a few more right-leaning folks hanging out here but they tend not to last long. Admittedly, they were a certain type of right-leaning person. I don't use their behavior to generalize all right-wing people.
He means it's naive to think they realized their arguments are bad. We didn't "fix" them. They just covered their ears and fucked off to some other thread lol.
Yeah... we had a few more right-leaning folks hanging out here but they tend not to last long. Admittedly, they were a certain type of right-leaning person. I don't use their behavior to generalize all right-wing people.
Let's be honest, most of those that are brazenly right-wing the way you're saying deserve the generalization most of the time. The ones that don't are ones that are not consciously malicious and are deluded about some things, or they keep their views private. After all, they're just so persecuted these days...
Let's be honest, most of those that are brazenly right-wing the way you're saying deserve the generalization most of the time. The ones that don't are ones that are not consciously malicious and are deluded about some things, or they keep their views private. After all, they're just so persecuted these days...
I'm sure there are good right-wing folk online somewhere. I've never met one, but I still don't wanna generalize. Call me naive. I prefer to think of myself as an optimist though.
And... tucker carlson is out of fox news. I wonder if the network did it over settling the defamation suit or if it was part of the settlement... Considering tucker made something like 40 million per year in his job you'd think 800 million is an amount he could make back over the next decade if he stayed (assuming fox news isn't liable for more shit over time).
I'm sure there are good right-wing folk online somewhere. I've never met one, but I still don't wanna generalize. Call me naive. I prefer to think of myself as an optimist though.
I don't reduce it to labeling it as a good or bad. There's plenty of pieces of shit that I wouldn't really disagree with politically. But there's plenty of people who are perfectly fine being maliciously ignorant about things that have no bearing on their lives, or self-defeating about things that do.
I have a hard time believe the people mention there don't actually believe the things they say. They definitely sound mostly like maniacs when speaking publicly of course but that doesn't mean you can't talk about jew space lasers and satanic pedophiles in a normal tone behind closed doors. I have no doubt the screaming and whatnot is just pandering to an audience and auditioning but that's a different thing from them outright now believing.
And... tucker carlson is out of fox news. I wonder if the network did it over settling the defamation suit or if it was part of the settlement... Considering tucker made something like 40 million per year in his job you'd think 800 million is an amount he could make back over the next decade if he stayed (assuming fox news isn't liable for more shit over time).
People felating him on Twitter acting like he's the new independent truth-teller, as if they ignored all of the internal memos showing that he was an unabashed bullshit merchant that didn't believe half of the things he said on his show.
The fact that someone like Greenwald is carrying water for this guy is insane to me
People felating him on Twitter acting like he's the new independent truth-teller, as if they ignored all of the internal memos showing that he was an unabashed bullshit merchant that didn't believe half of the things he said on his show.
The fact that someone like Greenwald is carrying water for this guy is insane to me
NOW they are. Glenn Greenwald founded The Intercept. First amendment litigation, investigative journalism, and government criticism were his forte. Nowadays he's knee-deep in culture war garbage and is a "media critic" that NEVER has the same energy for Fox News and other conservative media outlets because they're the only ones that entertained his Biden-Ukraine "reporting" and he seemingly has an axe to grind with everyone else over it. The idea that someone with his kind of resume could end up being a political hack with a glaring and obvious blind spot as he does now is pretty unthinkable but somehow the reality of it.
NOW they are. Glenn Greenwald founded The Intercept. First amendment litigation, investigative journalism, and government criticism were his forte. Nowadays he's knee-deep in culture war garbage and is a "media critic" that NEVER has the same energy for Fox News and other conservative media outlets because they're the only ones that entertained his Biden-Ukraine "reporting" and he seemingly has an axe to grind with everyone else over it. The idea that someone with his kind of resume could end up being a political hack with a glaring and obvious blind spot as he does now is pretty unthinkable but somehow the reality of it.
Maybe I am thinking of a different glenn. Or a different greenwald? The intercept is an outlet I've had as being mostly quackery for a while. Maybe an occasional tidbit of sanity? TBH given the current political climate to me it's difficult to not see everyone in the right wing not doubling down on the culture wars, regardless of resume. The combination of immigration issues, lgbt issues (in sports, schools, medical care) combined with unhinged conspiracy theories doesn't really leave room for anything else.
Maybe I am thinking of a different glenn. Or a different greenwald? The intercept is an outlet I've had as being mostly quackery for a while. Maybe an occasional tidbit of sanity? TBH given the current political climate to me it's difficult to not see everyone in the right wing not doubling down on the culture wars, regardless of resume. The combination of immigration issues, lgbt issues (in sports, schools, medical care) combined with unhinged conspiracy theories doesn't really leave room for anything else.
I'm sure there are good right-wing folk online somewhere. I've never met one, but I still don't wanna generalize. Call me naive. I prefer to think of myself as an optimist though.
I don't think there are, not anymore anyway. It's not possible to be a good right wing but stay silent at all the horseshit the right spew. I do know someone who stopped being a republican because of Trump or so, and that if Republicans ever become "normal," he'll support them again.
Nah you're definitely confusing it with something else. The Intercept made it's name with the Edward Snowden leaks, other whistleblower stories, reporting on Blackwater, the NSA, etc. They're not an outlet that'd really ever be accused of taking a pro-Government stance (unless you're Greenwald and cry censorship over the Hunter Biden shit).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
hmm...
Well, at least he rejected the woke mind-virus, right??
I don't think there are, not anymore anyway. It's not possible to be a good right wing but stay silent at all the horseshit the right spew. I do know someone who stopped being a republican because of Trump or so, and that if Republicans ever become "normal," he'll support them again.
Well yeah... I get you. It's just I'm reluctant to call all right-wing people bad because I know kind, caring, hard-working, empathetic Republicans. Granted, they're all pretty much Republican in name only because they're all pro-choice, pro LGBTQ.
They just have an unreasonably powerful love of guns and...sigh. God.
Well yeah... I get you. It's just I'm reluctant to call all right-wing people bad because I know kind, caring, hard-working, empathetic Republicans. Granted, they're all pretty much Republican in name only because they're all pro-choice, pro LGBTQ.
They just have an unreasonably powerful love of guns and...sigh. God.
--- Double Post Merged, Today at 12