American Politics | Page 82 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

American Politics

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Black voters and women voters have really harmed Sanders continuously.
h

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
Black voters and women voters have really harmed Sanders continuously.
h
Please tell me that is a mistake like what happened in FL.... some odd years ago?!

Ladyboi what....wat?
O c'mon.... she's close enough to one; In my highly un biased opinion. :nod

Dragoon

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Please tell me that is a mistake like what happened in FL.... some odd years ago?!

You're such a troll... and yet I can't bring myself to hate you for it

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
What does that have to do with anything? I dislike her as well, but I don't see the point of that brand of ad hominem.

Dragoon

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
He's trolling xD
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Most posts I've seen of his... or her? State random shit and then it's him/her going around in circles when someone asks for him... her? To clarify.

Edit: ooops. Profile says male

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
It is not like having more parties is necessarily a good thing. There are plenty other countries with more parties and their politics are even worst off than at the US. If anything that the US has few parties to an extent shows (or used to show) a degree of political stability and continuity.
I would not agree with that per se.
The thing is that in the two parties the US has there are very different opinions present. The parties are very big and, for example, the republicans cou
ld easily split into more traditional conservatives and a far rightwing party, while the democrats could split into a green party, a social democratic party and a far left party.

Splits like that would make the powers in the senate better balanced and more reflective of the national spectrum of opinions.

However, the first party to split up will always be the party who loses the next election and about every presidential election until the oponent splits, too (due to the system of how those elections work).

For example, democrats already lost an election due to a strong third party vote (nader cost gore the deciding votes).

If you are not satisfied with the democrats (for example due to you wanting stricter environmental laws, an even more leftist stance or simlpy find their frontrunners shady), then you have no option but to still vote them to prevent an even worse party.
You opinion on a certain topic cannot be reflected, only what you think is the lesser evil.

I find that problematic.
More parties are not always better, but there is definitely potential for more parties in the US which could make the result more reflective of the public opinion.

This would also help to increase the voter turnout for the congress elections, which are usually really low.

A lot of the US voting behaviour comes down to which president, as a person, seems to be best suited, largely ignoring everything else, which i find problematic.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hillary also got the state with the most delegates tonight too.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hillary also got the state with the most delegates tonight too.
REALLY depressing.... gona have to drink now.
Cheers to anyone who joins in me.

He's trolling xD
Most posts I've seen of his... or her? State random shit and then it's him/her going around in circles when someone asks for him... her? To clarify.

Edit: ooops. Profile says male
Well to clarify on the specifics of it.... I take half interests in some or all subject maters but don't really like to dive in to the thickness of anything hairy or bushy. (whichever comes first.)

Having said that, I must say... Its so true but you also have to recognize that life also revolves in a circle.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Connecticut is a virtual tie for the democrats though even if it goes to Sanders, Hillary got the big jackpot states of Maryland (huge margin) and Pennsylvania so :(

Cruz and Kasich just ought to give up as well.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Undocumented illegals are clearly security liabilities. If you don't know who they are or what they are here for or where they are supposed to be then there is a great problem to security. The same is true of refugees, if we dont know who they are truly working for, what their creed is, and if they truly stand for traditional American values, then they are security liabilities and must be either prevented from coming to the country or faced greater difficulty coming. Perhaps they ought to register in a national reigstrar and have increased governmental surveillance placed on them to ensure Americans are safe.

Guns are not security liabilities. They are recreational devices used to play with skeets or to participate in the hundreds of thousand square miles of American wilderness for game. We should not limit access to these devices as they are harmful when in the right hands.
They're no more security liabilities than citizens. Citizens can commit just as much crime as undocumented illegals and probably even worse. As far as I recall, only San Bernadino shooters were immigrants, most other mass shooters were citizens (including Breivik).

Refugees are not security liabilities, or at least they're far less of security liabilities than anyone else. Republican and conservative news sources are full of shit, but according to the refugees and credible sources, the vetting process for refugees is actually pretty stringent and long. Rarely any terrorist would enter the US as refugee, because there's a higher chance of being denied if any agent suspects the terrorist even just a bit. They don't have to do anything, America is safe.

American values? Taking away freedom and rights of homosexuals, women, and transgenders while taking more money from the poor to give to the wealthy? Big companies like Wal-Mart being built everywhere and killing small businesses? People being obsessed with guns and shooting everyone to the point that it's become a horrible joke and rebuttal for other countries when the US pokes fun? Is that what you mean by American values? If so, I'm sure many of them will be able to adapt.

I don't see how guns are not security liabilities given guns have killed countless of kids, women, and men. Guns are meant to kill, they're meant to end lives. If you truly are about protecting America and are against security liabilities, you wouldn't be defending guns when we constantly read in the news how people have murdered others with guns. These devices must be limited, and it's hypocritical of you to be all right with anyone being able to own guns but be against allowing immigrants or refugees when facts and stats have it that more Americans have died by guns than by refugees and immigrants committing terrorism.

You cannot be against murder and claim it's for ethical and moral reasons when you support giving more people unrestricted access to a device that ends life.

Went to vote today and they had a completely new paper ballot system. Ever since I've been voting, it's been completely digital. I guess it's fine if there's a paper trail, but after filling out the ballot there was a line to scan it in and the machine had "jammed" and no one working there knew how to fix it. Had to wait around for 20 minutes for them to get to someone on the phone who knew how to fix it. They gave us two options before it was fixed, either wait until it's fixed, or put it in a lockbox and they'll scan it in for you when they're done. The whole thing just seems super tedious and annoying. Not trying to be cynical, but what a joke of a system.
Probably fixed by Hillary? Dunno. Wouldn't be shocked if her campaign played a huge part in preventing people from voting for Bernie, somehow.

Dragoon

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
They're no more security liabilities than citizens. Citizens can commit just as much crime as undocumented illegals and probably even worse. As far as I recall, only San Bernadino shooters were immigrants, most other mass shooters were citizens (including Breivik).

Refugees are not security liabilities, or at least they're far less of security liabilities than anyone else. Republican and conservative news sources are full of shit, but according to the refugees and credible sources, the vetting process for refugees is actually pretty stringent and long. Rarely any terrorist would enter the US as refugee, because there's a higher chance of being denied if any agent suspects the terrorist even just a bit. They don't have to do anything, America is safe.

American values? Taking away freedom and rights of homosexuals, women, and transgenders while taking more money from the poor to give to the wealthy? Big companies like Wal-Mart being built everywhere and killing small businesses? People being obsessed with guns and shooting everyone to the point that it's become a horrible joke and rebuttal for other countries when the US pokes fun? Is that what you mean by American values? If so, I'm sure many of them will be able to adapt.

I don't see how guns are not security liabilities given guns have killed countless of kids, women, and men. Guns are meant to kill, they're meant to end lives. If you truly are about protecting America and are against security liabilities, you wouldn't be defending guns when we constantly read in the news how people have murdered others with guns. These devices must be limited, and it's hypocritical of you to be all right with anyone being able to own guns but be against allowing immigrants or refugees when facts and stats have it that more Americans have died by guns than by refugees and immigrants committing terrorism.

You cannot be against murder and claim it's for ethical and moral reasons when you support giving more people unrestricted access to a device that ends life.

Probably fixed by Hillary? Dunno. Wouldn't be shocked if her campaign played a huge part in preventing people from voting for Bernie, somehow.
Now you're just hellbent on blaming corruption for everything xD not everything needs a conspiracy theory to prove why good guy sanders is losing.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hillary came from behind once it got to 70% of Connecticut's counts and eventually ended up with more than Sanders at that point.

This video reminds me of all the Sanders fans I follow on twitter.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

Gotta love the delusions people like Cruz and Fiorina live with.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Nations

Gotta love the delusions people like Cruz and Fiorina live with.
The Cruz and Fiorina news is the greatest thing I read today.

Personally, I like BB's tweets on this

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
NUTJOBS ASSEMBLE! **blows horn**

How exactly is it a good move for ted to run with fiorina? As far as I can tell fiorina got virtually no support and much of the stuff she said were blatant and easily verifiable lies (about the planned parenthood videos). I thought she was seen as some sort of unlikable crazy harpy.... Then again ted cruz is so profoundly hated among the republican establishment that he probably couldn't get one of the "saner" republicans to run with him.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
How exactly is it a good move for ted to run with fiorina? As far as I can tell fiorina got virtually no support and much of the stuff she said were blatant and easily verifiable lies (about the planned parenthood videos). I thought she was seen as some sort of unlikable crazy harpy.... Then again ted cruz is so profoundly hated among the republican establishment that he probably couldn't get one of the "saner" republicans to run with him.
Blatant tokenism maybe? It reminds me a lot of McCain picking Palin in 2008, though I don't think Fiorina is anywhere near as dense. She's just a shit human being. I guess that sits fine with someone like Ted Cruz.
But yeah it does seem rather laughable, I guess Cruz is desperate after getting trounced yesterday. She supposedly only was asked a day ago as well...:lmao

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I guess his phone calls to Marco Rubio went unanswered.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I guess his phone calls to Marco Rubio went unanswered.
I think I'd be surprised if he even bothered, given their history. And if Rubio said yes, why would anyone take anything either said seriously given the clear contempt they had for one another?