The example here...Obama choosing to not say what he said about Islam being peaceful wouldn't be a bad or ignorant statement. The reality is, a lot of what Trump says is just objectively false. This is what I meant when I said the Right uses the the term PC as a euphemism to say ignorant or incorrect things.
Did I? Pretty sure that's not what I said. I'm talking about religion specifically, not all of the followers of said religion.
My point is, why would Obama ever need to comment on them and be forced to be "politically correct"? There's nothing controversial going on there, your analogy doesn't really work.
Is it really better than saying nothing at all? He would have said plenty even if he left that notion out. I don't think any Muslim would have felt less supported either. The guy made a point to go to a mosque to give a speech in support of the Muslim community in the US. Either way, people generally look for acceptance within their religious communities, why would they care about whether an outsider thought it was peaceful or not, unless they were open to doubting their own beliefs in the first place?
Define "ignore"? Are your friends up in arms because he mentions the victims of police shootings or gives reaction to it, but doesn't mention every officer killed in the line of duty? That seems like they just have a poor grasp of the actual issue.
I generally see complaints about PC as dislike of not being able to say racist or stupid shit, tbh. I think you disagreed with that earlier, but it's hard not to see it otherwise thanks to people like Trump. It's why I don't mind Obama or anyone else bein PC to an extent.
They are examples, hypothetical. Rhetorical. But it's generalization/stereotyping the groups, that's controversial....
Meh, it's just a thought. I'd go further, but I dunno if it's worth it. Either way, I don't see anything wrong with him saying that.
Yeah, or at least officers killed by black guys. Obama doesn't bring up these officers, and they're not happy about it. I'd say they don't understand the actual issue well, but at this point, it's just not worth bringing up. They support the police, and I guess it's mainly because of the firefighter-police brotherhood thing?
Are they likely too? There is no benefit to the country that they go to that they would be smart and work hard their. Coming here they would have to start at square one to learn english, then would they even be here long enough to advance through the ranks of grade school to eventually go to college? Lastly, they would then just take their skills back to their home country. There is no benefit, additionally we have seen where terrorists come to American schools, take up engineering, then launch into these terrorist plots on our and other soil. They simply can't be trusted. Refugees have more reasons to be terrorirsts, theyll just be bitter about being kicked out of their country, relocated to another country, and spawn harmful and hateful language towards the ones who were responsible for the problems in their country, civil wars and other issues will ensure. A truly smart and hard working refugee would be better to stay in their home country and work towards prospering their. It will show their ingenuity, resourcefulness, and ensure their children are growing up in an environment filled with their culture and heritage.
Um, I'm sure the US benefited from Steve Jobs co-founding Apple, making Pixar a quality company, and creating the iPhone. So yeah, there is and are benefits to the country that the refugee children would go. Assuming they don't know English is dumb, especially when babies have to learn English as well, along with everything in life. At least refugee children have a headstart.
Can you prove they would take their skills back to their home country? I asked for proof/stats, but you did not provide any. This leads me to believe you have no basis on what you say but sheer ignorance/brainwashing from your political party. I highly doubt most refugees would go back to their countries as long as there's violence going on.
Where have we seen that? How is that any different from unwanted children joining gangs, mugging people, and selling drugs? Lives are still destroyed, except refugee children are far less likely to do anything remotely terrorist. Provide proof and evidence, otherwise I'm chalking it up to you assuming things ignorantly. Children whose moms couldn't get abortions have more reasons to be liabilities and harmful to society and humanity than refugees have reasons to be terrorists. Pretty sure many of them chose to run away, that they were never kicked out but chose to run away from violence.
What the absolute fuck at your last two sentences? Holy hell, do you know anything about what's going on in other countries? Do you know why there are refugees, why there are children refugees? Jesus fucking Christ, the main reason why anyone would become a refugee is because they want to get away from the violence or bad economic state of their country, not because they just want to migrate to another country.
Seriously, this level of ignorance and stupidity is astounding. So is the hypocrisy of being against abortion because it's killing human lives, but supporting blocking refugee children from entering and not caring about their lives, which is no less than a fetus's life. People who are against abortion aren't against it for morals or conscience if they're against allowing refugee children to seek asylum. We're far much safer from these refugee children than we are from unwanted children anyway, given how well refugees are vetted.
Your statement doesnt make sense. Accidental pregnancy is a bad life decision, that just means someone skipped out on their birth control or any other form of safe sex planning (they didnt even need to have sex in the first place). Rape sounds like a bad life decision to me, Ive never seen a situation in which one would put rape in a good life decision.
This is false, if that was the case then minorities and people of poor upbringing wouldnt be in many leadership positions today, or have contributing many great things to society in the humanities and sciences.
No it's not. Accidental pregnancy is not a bad life decision, and it can happen to a married couple. Have you taken sex ed? You definitely haven't taken sex ed at all, otherwise you'd know birth controls and safe sex planning are not 100% effective. Even
vasectomy doesn't prevent pregnancy for sure. Claiming they didn't need to have sex in the first place is dumb.
If you're in any way implying that women make/made a bad life decision to get raped, then you're pretty disgusting. I hope you are not implying this. Claiming rape sounds like a bad life decision doesn't make any sense at all, and it seems like you're blaming women for bein raped.
This is not false at all. There are many people with poor upbringing who became criminals or murderers.