You don't have to say those things, you know. It won't be assumed, or shouldn't be, that you don't care.
I don't think what she did and what happened is comparable to crooks destroying the economy or the illegitimate use of firearms, especially the later. Such are the results of civilians, while she worked as Secretary when she lied, scammed and allowed the things that happened to happen. Though I agree it seems nothing will be done about her, not even after her latest scandal. She's apart of too many things that make her untouchable.
It's more about how Congress would react to a crisis or a tragic within the nation, instead of actually comparing apples and oranges. The only way I can think that they'll impeach or take a stand in general is if it's done for political advantage.
I do not think it is part of being a politician's nature. I think most people are just liars or cheats or disgusting and they like the power that comes with being a politician, so they flock to it. Even if they are in the extreme minority, there are politicians out there that aren't corrupt and actually mean Americans—left or right (religious or not)—well and wish to make their daily lives improve as you said.
I don't know whether Bernie Sanders is a liar. I have no reason to say that he is, but he is not fit for POTUS either, just thankfully for far less severe reasons than those for Hillary. I understand our options make us pick between the lesser evils (damn it all that Gary Johnson doesn't stand a chance in hell unless the two do something really unspeakable) and it sucks. I will not put myself in that situation though. I will vote Gary Johnson no matter how impossible it is he will win. Maybe when one of the devils are elected, some people will see Gary's name and look him up to help put a worthy man in office.
(Who is Jill Stein? Never heard of her before.)
Bernie Sanders has a really good reputation of being an honest politician (I've heard his approval rating in Vermont is up to 89%). He may not be the best candidate, but he is more than qualified than Hillary and Trump combined (or, at least that's the way I see it).
Well, the problem that I'm seeing about Gary Johnson is that there really isn't a lot of spotlight media for him, outside of using some of his mistakes like "What's Aleppo". If he were to gain a lot of media attention as Trump, he *might* have an opportunity to take off as the first member of a third party to win an election.
I don't know though, I wish it was possible for him to win, but you have people who supports Hillary no matter what, and people who supports that nutjob who literally has zero experience in Politics (let alone, business).
I'm just curious, but are you being sarcastic, or serious? I really can't tell. ;D
Illegal by whose standard? I think it's easier to apply this logic to the war in Iraq due to faulty intelligence (at best), but most of this is hindsight. Despite the interventionist policy of the Bush years, we didn't destroy things and leave them by the wayside, regardless of collateral damage.
American foreign policy is not the sole factor in the rise of ISIL. The civil war in Syria started 5 years before american military operations ceased in Iraq. Wahabbist movements are a Saudi export. Ironically, this is the basis of linking elements of the Saudi government to 9/11 in the first place.
And all that being said, if Iraqi civilians wish to do so, then I don't see what would stop them, or what should stop them in theory. Unless we're just supposed to use the "might makes right" argument.
But the collateral damage done by the U.S. enabled the rise of ISIL tho. It's definitely not the cause, but the war has definitely benefited them (many of their recruiters happened to be former Sadam Hussein's soldiers). It's not the matter that the U.S. allowed ISIL to form nor is it that we've allowed Wahabbism to be born, because that's not true (ISIL only broke apart from Al-Qaeda).
Truth to be told, I'm unsure why they haven't done so. It could've happened years ago, but I guess it might also have something to do with their social environment (lack of technology, ect...).
The legality of the invasion of Iraq is still debated. The legality of 9/11 isn't. The scale of the impact of both events would only be relevant in regards to damages claimed by "injured parties", not whether tort should be allowed to be pursued by victims in the first place.
When it comes to the family of 9/11 victims, I don't really see the logic working against what they would hope to accomplish. The civil law system exists for this exact purpose. Obama is rejecting it on the grounds of diplomatic reasons, in which his veto is his prerogative, but I don't see how Congress won't work to overturn such a decision. If there is a legitimate link between one of our "closest allies" in the ME and the attacks, then holding them legally responsible only makes sense. Another problem with this is the government censoring such information in the first place. If the theory is correct, the intelligence community shares blame as well.
But what would really achieve by suing Saudi Arabia? It sure as hell will not achieve "justice", so the only benefit I see through this is money (which I see this as insulting to the victims of 9/11; how could people use their dead family member or friend for finance advantage?).
I don't know. I just see this bill as dangerous that enables foreigners to sue the U.S.; if they happened to be the victors, then they'll get paid through the Tax Revenues (it only makes sense, unless the government is doing some fishy business).