American Politics

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
If one supports Trump then they are not conservative, sorry.
I agree that trump does not stand for conservative values.
But fact is that a very big percentage of republicans supports him.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
AAAAND it starts
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Thats strange, he sure wasnt the only one taken down, there was also this guy Doctor Drew that got the same treatment, for the same exact thing, but I dont live in the US, so it´s not like I can go there confirm most of the facts, on the channels, radio shows, more easily, I did heard about replacements for Michael Savage´s job though and Michael Savage, Conspiracy Theorist or not, had a huge number of listeners, more than the goons that went in and replaced him.
Michael Savage is a conservative radio talk show host and a self-professed nationalist. He has a laundry-list of bigoted, insane ideas that he's spewed for years. His show getting pulled could have a variety of reasons behind or be cumulative. Or quite simply, advertisers no longer wanted anything to do with him. The only thing matters there is ratings, which determine how much advertising money can be charged. If companies wanted nothing to do with him, I don't see how that has anything to do with Clinton.

As far as Dr. Drew goes, I don't know what he's said about his show's cancellation. No one watches HLN, it's been in the shadow of CNN for years. I've been a fan of his work and his frequent partner Adam Corolla ever since my adolescence, but Drew's rising popularity led to him making claims on a variety of things, mostly celebrity things, and if his firing was related to it at all, I don't think it's that surprising.

They should´ve just followed Trump´s advice and keep the oil
No, that's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
he is doing well so far
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
aaaand he blows it on immigration.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Trump says 'no you are the puppet' several times after clinton said he is a puppet for putin.
Wow.
Next level.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
"nobody has more respect for women than I do, nobody"

*crowd laughs*

"nobody has more respect for them, nobody. Nobody"

I LOVE DEMOCRACY :shootme
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Trump says 'no you are the puppet' several times after clinton said he is a puppet for putin.
Wow.
Next level.
Inflammatory, not really helping his cause.....but I don't see how that's 100% false, given her top donors.
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
"nobody has more respect for women than I do, nobody"

*crowd laughs*

"nobody has more respect for them, nobody. Nobody"

I LOVE DEMOCRACY :shootme
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Inflammatory, not really helping his cause.....but I don't see how that's 100% false, given her top donors.
Well people have very different approaches to what respect is :p
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
It's like an exercise in seeing is believing. If someone says something enough, can it really be wrong? :kappa
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Well people have very different approaches to what respect is :p
Yeah, respect = useful to him or attractive
--- Double Post Merged, ---
This guy is just a mental midget and honestly, I'm really sick and tired of this election cycle. I'm fed up. I just find it nauseating at this point. The mainstream media would rather talk about scandal and get paid shills from both sides to yell at each other for ratings. And fuck it, it gets ratings, who can blame them. But god damn, just get me out of this time period already, it's making my head hurt.
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It's like an exercise in seeing is believing. If someone says something enough, can it really be wrong? :kappa
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Yeah, respect = useful to him or attractive
--- Double Post Merged, ---
This guy is just a mental midget and honestly, I'm really sick and tired of this election cycle. I'm fed up. I just find it nauseating at this point. The mainstream media would rather talk about scandal and get paid shills from both sides to yell at each other for ratings. And fuck it, it gets ratings, who can blame them. But god damn, just get me out of this time period already, it's making my head hurt.
Just half a month and it is over, don't worry.
Just be happy for all the latenight show hosts who could advertise themselves in this cycle^^
--- Double Post Merged, ---
I must say: For someone who works at fox news, the moderator is pretty good.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Just half a month and it is over, don't worry.
Just be happy for all the latenight show hosts who could advertise themselves in this cycle^^
--- Double Post Merged, ---
I must say: For someone who works at fox news, the moderator is pretty good.
Well comedy in general benefits perhaps, but I think most latenight hosts kinda suck these days...well, the network ones anywya.

Yeah, the guy is a veteran. His father was an amazing journalist too. Too bad the guy works for Fox....
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
"Such a nasty woman" wow.
Wonder why he didnt call her crooked yet.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Clinton looks like she thinks she won.
Let's see.

But what i can say is that if not winning, then at least she didnt lose hard enough to lose her lead.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Wait, did I miss something? Apparently Trump implied he wasn't going to accept the results of the election if he loses? :lmao
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Wait, did I miss something? Apparently Trump implied he wasn't going to accept the results of the election if he loses? :lmao
ya, he totally did. He did not flat out say no, but he refused to give an affirmative answer.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
"I will tell you at the time, I will keep you in suspense,"
that is what he said.
 

Onyx Darkmatter

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
512
Reaction score
115
Age
31
Country
United States
After watching this debate, I have to say that it's been a shitty debate. Trump has been disrupting both Hillary and Chris (it's no wonder why the Moderators are biased against Trump).
Granted, Trump has made SOME strong statements, but considering how he went off-topic once again, I have doubts that he'll do well in the election. Although it didn't helped that Hillary was ignoring statements like Saudi Arabia and even confirming the Wikileaks' credibility.

But yeah, this has been the worst debates I have seen. Hillary should have done better (and seeing her smile in moments that shouldn't be appropriate makes me facepalm), but she did good enough while Trump doesn't fucking learn his lesson.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
His campaign manager and shills are trying to spin it by bringing up the 2000 election :lmao
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I caught some of the debate from tonight... regardless who wins my country is super fucked for the next 4 years. Like I'm voting for Hilary but to say she's the "overwhelming favorite candidate" is just flat out wrong. Worst candidates I can remember.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Hillary won this debate again, though she came across as a flip flopper and a liar. Trump said dumb things, and despite saying he has respect for women, called Hillary a nasty woman. lulz trump
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well the previous debate was better, but what we got from this one:

Hillary confirmed the emails were accurate and thus she has no right to complain about them if worst things come out later, the only thing they got going is: ITS RUSSIA!

Chris Wallace was the best moderator so far, his questions were well thought out and his follow-ups made it possible for candidates to go into policy detail, both of which are times pivoted to another thing, Hillary to Russia and Trump to emails.

Trump seems lost at times, like he wants to mention something and then moves on to another thing, for example he wanted to mention the James O'Keefe stuff with protests at his rallies, and Hillary getting money from Saudi Arabia, the worst state for womens rights, but did not get his message through, voters did not get the background on it.

All in all, I think it did not matter much, I expect more wikileaks and more sex scandals from trump, sadly the election came down to that.
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Seriously, Trump lost by the fact alone that he used the 'NO YOU ARE' retort and called her a 'nasty woman'.

Even without the refusal to accept the election. He was like a fifthgrader.

However, i think it is wrong to say america is divided by this election more than usually.
It isnt. The division between sane and insane people just got very clear.
Not every trump voter is insane, i am not saying that. Party loyality plays a big role.

But the guys shouting 'lock her up' and follow people like alex jones, those are visibly the ugly conspiracy nut face of america which has more people among it than one might have thought.
Democrats and even far right wing conservatives agree that they just wanted a dignified election by now.
From all the significant reps i have read anything about, almost none of them tried to paint an apocalyptic picture of a clinton presidency. They don't like it, but almost none of them attacked clinton because they realize how much worse their won candidate is.
The only reason they still vote him is so that their own party won't fall apart.
And the real conservatives know by now: They don't want the angry outcasts anymore, but they won't win any future election without them.
 

Philia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
2,423
Reaction score
2,464
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Missed the whole debate. Google seems to be giving me mixed info. So who did better?
 

Onyx Darkmatter

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
512
Reaction score
115
Age
31
Country
United States
Even though they were both fucking horrible in this debate, I'd say Hillary did better.

At least Chris Wallace did an excellent job at being a moderator. But outside of that, the debate has been terrible after 30 minutes.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,073
Reaction score
6,931
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Alrighty mailed in my ballot after the final debate. Here's hoping Hillary Clinton can enable our country to remain the leader in military strength and be an example of the city shining upon the hill. Was almost considering picking a no name third party guy on the ballot but thatd be a waste of a vote. Also voted for congressmen who will stand for conservative christian values.
 
Top