American Politics

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
So.... obama lied about knowing about hillary's emails? The plot thickens.... **facepalms**
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
The videos was removed by the user <:
--- Double Post Merged, Yesterday at 1:51 AM, Original Post Date: Yesterday at 1:50 AM ---
what was it about?
It was DMCA'd I guess...not sure. It contained this excerpt -


Pretty sure he isn't endorsing Trump, since the content of his newest movie suggests otherwise. But I think it gives the most comprehensive explanation of why Trump is popular with John Q Public. The original video was edited a lot better, making it appear a bit more powerful than it might be without the music. :lmao
 

Styx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2016
Messages
880
Reaction score
593
Country
Russian Federation
Voting is up early in my state so I went down to vote and the ballots only had Hillary Clinton's name on it (oddly enough there were only "two" dots to select from). Seriously? I was assured this was a "mishap in the software"...yea, sure. Gary Johnson and Donald Trump totally weren't left out on purpose.

You can go ahead and not like whoever you want, but to do this to your fellow Americans who have the right to vote for whoever they want? Fuck what this country has turned into. Liberals want to control everything.

Anyways, sorry for the rant...can someone here please catch me up on the leaked audio of Donald Trump? I also heard something got leaked concerning Hillary's emails or something like that. Is this old news resurfacing or what?
 
Last edited:

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,559
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
It was DMCA'd I guess...not sure. It contained this excerpt -


Pretty sure he isn't endorsing Trump, since the content of his newest movie suggests otherwise. But I think it gives the most comprehensive explanation of why Trump is popular with John Q Public. The original video was edited a lot better, making it appear a bit more powerful than it might be without the music. :lmao
Yeah, pretty much sums it up really. Except the main difference between him and other populists is that he's saying what people want to hear, but evidently has no details to back them up, whereas the latter builds upon the former statement and then detail his plan in a comprehensive manner.
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Yeah, pretty much sums it up really. Except the main difference between him and other populists is that he's saying what people want to hear, but evidently has no details to back them up, whereas the latter builds upon the former statement and then detail his plan in a comprehensive manner.
NO populist ever had a comprehensive plan to tackle a problem that actually made sense.
Elseways he would not be a populist but reasonable.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
It was DMCA'd I guess...not sure. It contained this excerpt -


Pretty sure he isn't endorsing Trump, since the content of his newest movie suggests otherwise. But I think it gives the most comprehensive explanation of why Trump is popular with John Q Public. The original video was edited a lot better, making it appear a bit more powerful than it might be without the music. :lmao
I am not sure whether moore is right there.
Moore also thinks trump will win the election, but i dont see that either.

What we see is: Clinton on average has the same percentage of people voting for her rather than against the republican candidate as most other later elexted presidents do.
Trump however basically has lots of people voting for him due to party loyality.
Let's dont forget that a lot of the rep voter base are not poor but well off, and they still vote for him, even if they are not the poor people from ohio moore mentioned.
I think what he mentioned certainly plays a role, but not a very important one.

The same group of people KEEPS ON voting for people who say stuff trump says even after it is evident that they change nothing.

We can watch polling in Ohio and see that clinton has good chances to win it by aslightly smaller bit similar margin as obama did in his two elections.
So i dont see the big middle finger of the people who actually lost jobs.
I see a big thunder of hate from people who make up reasons for it.

If people really would take fuck you over reason, then we'D see more black voters vote for trump, because those are very often affected by the things mentioned in the video.
And then trump would likely win.
Same goes for women..

But it seems like these people usually do not vote for a candidate they dont like just for the feeling.
Only republican loyalty seems to lead to that
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Voting is up early in my state so I went down to vote and the ballots only had Hillary Clinton's name on it (oddly enough there were only "two" dots to select from). Seriously? I was assured this was a "mishap in the software"...yea, sure. Gary Johnson and Donald Trump totally weren't left out on purpose.

You can go ahead and not like whoever you want, but to do this to your fellow Americans who have the right to vote for whoever they want? Fuck what this country has turned into. Liberals want to control everything.

Anyways, sorry for the rant...can someone here please catch me up on the leaked audio of Donald Trump? I also heard something got leaked concerning Hillary's emails or something like that. Is this old news resurfacing or what?
Funny how you whine about liberals wanting to control everything (which isn't really that false). Conservatives are way worse, actually, from trying to control women's bodies to letting refugees in based on unfounded fears and stupidity.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Yeah, pretty much sums it up really. Except the main difference between him and other populists is that he's saying what people want to hear, but evidently has no details to back them up, whereas the latter builds upon the former statement and then detail his plan in a comprehensive manner.
That's the fatal flaw in his candidacy, and it's rather large. Shockingly, there are things the idiot says that I like, but they're so few and far between. Moore details a good example of one. But just because he does this doesn't mean you can trust what he says either... but enough people buy into it because they just ignore the things they dislike.
 

Styx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2016
Messages
880
Reaction score
593
Country
Russian Federation
Funny how you whine about liberals wanting to control everything (which isn't really that false). Conservatives are way worse, actually, from trying to control women's bodies to letting refugees in based on unfounded fears and stupidity.
That's funny to you? Really?

Liberals do want to control everything (like CNN etc being caught catering only to Democratic candidates etc) and I never said anything about Conservatives, which doesn't mean I think there aren't any Conservatives who wish to control people. You claim conservatives are worse for that? Their agendas are different but they do the same kind of things, such as Liberals wishing to take people's guns away because some people abused it. They use fearmongering just as much as the conservatives do.

May I ask what are you talking about concerning the refugees? Are you talking about what Trump said about letting Muslims in (especially without being properly/thoroughly vetted) or something else entirely? Also, what about women's bodies? I've only ever heard them complain about having to pay for abortions when it goes against what they believe in and feel (though I am aware in a lot of conservatives' minds their perfect world would have abortion illegal).
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I just simply don't agree with Trump's moral standing...someone who has sexually harassed women and put them on video shouldn't be a choice man..
 

Styx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2016
Messages
880
Reaction score
593
Country
Russian Federation
I just simply don't agree with Trump's moral standing...someone who has sexually harassed women and put them on video shouldn't be a choice man..
What are you talking about? You mean the leaked audio of him in the car?
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
That's funny to you? Really?

Liberals do want to control everything (like CNN etc being caught catering only to Democratic candidates etc) and I never said anything about Conservatives, which doesn't mean I think there aren't any Conservatives who wish to control people. You claim conservatives are worse for that? Their agendas are different but they do the same kind of things, such as Liberals wishing to take people's guns away because some people abused it. They use fearmongering just as much as the conservatives do.

May I ask what are you talking about concerning the refugees? Are you talking about what Trump said about letting Muslims in (especially without being properly/thoroughly vetted) or something else entirely? Also, what about women's bodies? I've only ever heard them complain about having to pay for abortions when it goes against what they believe in and feel (though I am aware in a lot of conservatives' minds their perfect world would have abortion illegal).
Yes. I don't know if you're a conservative, but I've seen most conservatives cry and whine about liberals even though the conservatives do the same thing, but worse.

Not all liberals want to take people's guns away, but stricter gun control is very logical and makes sense. Makes it extremely difficult for bad guys to get guns, while law-abiding citizens can still get their guns. Liberals aren't as bad as conservatives because liberals to a degree want to get rid of bad things. But true, like with how anti-Trump use assumption fearmongering to say he's the worst choice, with majority saying he's more evil than Hillary. At least the fearmongering towards Hillary is mostly based on her past, if not present.

Not just what Trump said, but what a lot of people (dems and reps) believe. He lies happily about how refugees are the biggest dangers when they in fact are one of the safest groups thanks to our vetting process. Every single refugee is properly and thoroughly vetted, and it's Europe who has to worry about refugees, if not several of its countries.

You haven't been around enough conservatives, then. Most complain about how abortion is murder, and that it should be banned. Most of them have the audacity to say they're pro-life when they're at best pro-birth. Besides, another thing conservatives lie about without shame is abortion, claiming it's paid with taxpayers' money (false) or that 97% of Planned Parenthood's services have been abortion when that's really 3%. Planned Parenthood is one of the most useful organizations out there, and conservatives want to get rid of it for no good reason.
 

Styx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2016
Messages
880
Reaction score
593
Country
Russian Federation
Yes. I don't know if you're a conservative, but I've seen most conservatives cry and whine about liberals even though the conservatives do the same thing, but worse.
Well, I've see Liberal or people leaning mostly to the left here complain/whining about conservatives and I'm sure they don't even realize they are doing the exact same thing. I wouldn't call it funny or whining.

Whatever though, I'm not conservative. I have a feeling my attempts to defend conservatives (or rather, argue who is "worse") will be used to label me as one and therefore cause people to disregard me though, but here I go...

Not all liberals want to take people's guns away, but stricter gun control is very logical and makes sense. Makes it extremely difficult for bad guys to get guns, while law-abiding citizens can still get their guns. Liberals aren't as bad as conservatives because liberals to a degree want to get rid of bad things. But true, like with how anti-Trump use assumption fearmongering to say he's the worst choice, with majority saying he's more evil than Hillary. At least the fearmongering towards Hillary is mostly based on her past, if not present.
Well yes, not all, but most Liberals do feel that way though. It is a core belief of theirs nowadays. How many have you met that don't want harsh regulation (we have good regulation right now, the problem is enforcing it), banning most guns because they're "scary" or the complete removal of gun rights? They are most always one of those three and only feel that way because they are afraid of what some lunatic might do, even though it'll cost millions of innocent/good Americans their rights and guns.

That is the same kind of fearmongering conservatives do, it is just acceptable because it aligns with Liberal agenda so people mostly ignore it. Curious though, what regulations do Liberals want to impose in the hope that criminals will follow it and what do they want to do to get rid of that conservatives don't?

Wait, are we talking strictly of big media Liberals and conservatives, or are we talking about most in general? Because I do not believe for one second you think most conservatives don't feel the same way about wanting to remove/end "bad things". Well...I mean that can't be said for most media conservatives or Liberals, sadly.

And I'm confused about what you mean by "At least the fearmongering towards Hillary is mostly based on her past, if not present.". Her past is pretty important and I wouldn't call mentioning the things she's done as "fearmongering". She's said and done things that's batshit crazy or deplorable, which should be pointed out every time it can be (like it is with Trump). She's done this stuff even in the not so distant past (like Benghazi). Or am I misunderstanding what you mean here?

Not just what Trump said, but what a lot of people (dems and reps) believe. He lies happily about how refugees are the biggest dangers when they in fact are one of the safest groups thanks to our vetting process. Every single refugee is properly and thoroughly vetted, and it's Europe who has to worry about refugees, if not several of its countries.
I don't have anything to really argue here, just want to share my input mostly.

From what I recall though, Trump's stance on banning immigrants (mostly from Syria) entering the country came from the massive increase in terrorist attacks in countries that just let them in, right? I don't agree with banning immigrants, especially specific people, entry into our country. It goes against what made this country and what made it so great and diverse, but the worries aren't without merit (or rather, it wasn't I guess). Just look at Germany and what free immigration has done to their country. And yea, I agree again. I was not so informed before the immigration crisis happened (still not as much as I'd like to) on our vetting process, but having read what I did, it seems as sound as it can get. I don't get how Trump can believe it will be like it was for European countries when the situations aren't comparable at all.

Anyways, I honestly haven't met many Republicans that actually agree with Trump about the immigrant thing. Not at least average joes. They actually deny he ever even said something so stupid. :fan

You haven't been around enough conservatives, then. Most complain about how abortion is murder, and that it should be banned. Most of them have the audacity to say they're pro-life when they're at best pro-birth. Besides, another thing conservatives lie about without shame is abortion, claiming it's paid with taxpayers' money (false) or that 97% of Planned Parenthood's services have been abortion when that's really 3%. Planned Parenthood is one of the most useful organizations out there, and conservatives want to get rid of it for no good reason.
I live in a conservative state (and I frequent Alabama), so I'm around them a lot. The worst thing I've seen these people say or do in the majority is support anti-abortion laws or wish for a ban on abortions beyond two months. The only other thing I've seen them do is not want to legalize gay marriage (which is retarded of course). I cannot argue this belief that they largely dislike abortion—as it is a core belief of being a conservative (but that doesn't mean a conservative can't exist if they disagree with it)—but is calling abortion murder really enough to warrant calling "most" conservatives "terrible, lying people(and more)"?

I also can't argue Planned Parenthood. They do want to get rid of it, but this is largely due to misinformation given to them by Fox News and other conservative news sites. So yea, you're right about that, but I wouldn't exactly say most conservatives lie about PP. Lying is the intention of spreading misinformation that you know the truth of. These people largely do not possess the truth about things the media covers.

(and what's the difference from pro-life and pro-birth?)
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
AAAAAAANNNNNNNDDD the plot thickens further. The FBI reopens the email investigation. Heil trump! Comrade putin must be thrilled.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
My guess is that this relates to obama apparently knowing hillary was using the server and that it was wrong for her to do so. Clinton was originally being charged with gross negligence which implies the FBI would have to prove that clinton knew what she was doing was wrong. However it would still be quite an extraordinary piece of evidence to find. From what I can tell as long as they don't find a hillary email in which she admits to everything then the result will basically be the same as before even if they find an adviser saying that hillary knows this is wrong...
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,559
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Honestly, if the Dems also have any shred of common sense, now would really be a good time to nominate Bernie though I don't know how that will happen.
 

Onyx Darkmatter

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
512
Reaction score
115
Age
31
Country
United States
It's far too late to nominate Bernie Sanders. I'd probably say Kaine would take her place, but nonetheless, this is just a fucking mess.
Then again, the FBI knew about the Banks pulling stunts that led to the 2008 Recession back around 1999-2000, but did nothing to stop them from harming people.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,559
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
It's far too late to nominate Bernie Sanders. I'd probably say Kaine would take her place, but nonetheless, this is just a fucking mess.
Then again, the FBI knew about the Banks pulling stunts that led to the 2008 Recession back around 1999-2000, but did nothing to stop them from harming people.
But who's gonna be his veep then? I agree this is one giant clusterfuck and quite frankly, if despot regimes call you (America) out on this election, you very well deserve it imo. So far, Iran's President (he's moderate btw) is the only one who has directly done so, and he's telling it as soft as you can get. I expect Duterte from the Phillipines to call your political institutions the lowest of the low and that you guys have absolutely lost your moral high horse.

The more of a circus this turns out to be, the more Putin will gleefully place Mother Russia as a new political and moral authority. As such, the first half of the 21st century will be dominated by communism. Democracy has failed.
 
Last edited:

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I do exspect clinton's winning chances to drop to 70% before the election date.
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
18,571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
The more of a circus this turns out to be, the more Putin will gleefully place Mother Russia as a new political and moral authority. As such, the first half of the 21st century will be dominated by communism. Democracy has failed.
Few points:

Firstly - Democracy hasn't 'failed'.
Secondly - The USA isn't really a democracy. It's a republic - or an oligarchy.
Thirdly - Russia isn't communist (nor China, if you also were referring to them).
Fourthly - Russia as a moral authority?!?



... but aye, apart from all that, this election has been pretty funny...
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,559
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Few points:

Firstly - Democracy hasn't 'failed'
Secondly - The USA isn't really a democracy. It's a republic - or an oligarchy.
Thirdly - Russia isn't communist
Fourthly - Russia as a moral authority?!?

No, not really. I just went a little Hannibal there. But let's be honest, Democracy honestly looks like a fucking joke as of right now. I will not be surprised if Poutine actually does take advantage of this and even more overtly than before. Political-wise America looks to be its most vulnerable than it ever has been in history.
 
Top