Election is almost a week from today (although Early Election is a good option). The final countdown begins.
Nonetheless, I can only hope that Hillary isn't serious in engaging in a war against Russia, and that this whole "Russia tampering with the elections" is merely a Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq story. Either way, I hope to god that either Kaine actually takes Hillary's place, or she gets elected and impeached by Congress. Those are the only things that I can hope for in the next couple of months.
Well, US intelligence has made the point that the hacks probably do come from russia. And considering russia has a literal troll army which spreads propaganda in the western world and it actually has been engaged in an information war with the US for decades and on top of that trump has made it abundantly clear that he would allow russia to do as they please (which is less than ideal considering syria and crimea) it makes perfect sense that rusia would do this. The alternative would be that obama abused his influence to get their intelligence to say this but to me this sounds less than likely. I am surprised at how easily people at the US suggest the US should just work with russia, as if the only reason tensions existed was the US not wanting to work with an otherwise saintly russia....
A lot of people don't see the use of worsening an already thin relationship between us and Russia. They don't understand why we consistently try to "start something" with Russia by immediately pointing fingers or snipping at their heels on flimsy evidence or no evidence at all, I suppose?
Regardless the relationship can't get better without anyone trying to make it better. And if Hillary gets in (Lord help us) she's definitely not going to try and make it work. She'll open her mouth and start a war by magically deducing blame on Russia for something, or her incredible incompetence and lack of responsibility will lead to a confrontation neither country needs or wants.
EDIT
Oh wow, so Hillary's campaign was provided questions for the debate beforehand by a CNN commentator? How is this not getting more attention? Oh right, she can claim ignorance and be done with any and all responsibility. Damn her campaign is sketchy AF.
http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/fivethirtyeights-2012-forecast/
Here are the numbers on how romney did against obama. Going by numbers, romney has trump beat for the most part. And going by numbers it makes absolutely no sense that trump does anything but have the worst defeat in republican history. But that is just number, we just need another week to confirm whether the numbers were correct.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Though it is worth noting that comparing hillary's polling to obama's polling by this stage obama was increasing his lead whereas right now trump is doing increasingly better (while being much behind still).
I am using Nate Silver's projection model for the 1/4 number and Nate's been pretty good when it comes to projecting the election since 08'.
The reality is that most voters don't vote on the issues as a whole. They either vote because of party affiliation, single issue, or who looks the most presidential.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Nate has admitted there is more room for uncertainty this than there was in 2012 IIRC.
But by state polling, the only real toss ups this year right now is AZ (lol), IA, OH, and FL. (Ohio is Trump leaning and FL is Clinton leaning). NC, NH, MI, WI, and PA are favored to go Clinton, along with CO and NV.
I think this election is more about voting for who's the lesser evil. Trump for many is seen as lesser evil because he's not corrupt (bullshit), and majority believe Hillary belongs in jail. Seems like most voters are either voting based on the issues or how they think the candidate will do with the issues and all.
She has WA, OR CA, NM, MN, IL, NY, VT, HI, MA, RI, CT, DE, NJ, MD, DC in her bad. Which is worth 197 EC.
She is also very likely to win PA, VA, WI & MI. Which will get her to 256.
Simply winning any of Ohio, Florida or North Carolina will get her to 270. Winning Colorado and Nevada will do so as well. Democrats seem to have a massive advantage in the electoral map.
ok, I think I am reasonably close to jumping on the "comey is trying to influence the election" train. So far this seems to have been what happened (and do correct me if I am wrong):
1.- Comey sends a letter to congress last week to inform them they are reopening the investigation.
2.- After that the FBI gets permission to look at the mentioned emails.
So... What the actual fuck? Comey sends a very ambiguous letter against the DOJ recommendations to congress over emails which he has not even seen at all yet. Even now that they can actually investigate the emails it will take weeks until the FBI even knows whether there might be anything at all in them that is relevant to the clinton investigation. Am I getting this right? because it sounds increasingly absurd....
Even though 72% is still high, that's a bit scary that Trump does have a good chance at winning the election. But if Trump does win, then that could hopefully enable politicians (from both Democrats and Republicans) to either reform the Delegate system, or outright abolish it.
ok, I think I am reasonably close to jumping on the "comey is trying to influence the election" train. So far this seems to have been what happened (and do correct me if I am wrong):
1.- Comey sends a letter to congress last week to inform them they are reopening the investigation.
2.- After that the FBI gets permission to look at the mentioned emails.
So... What the actual fuck? Comey sends a very ambiguous letter against the DOJ recommendations to congress over emails which he has not even seen at all yet. Even now that they can actually investigate the emails it will take weeks until the FBI even knows whether there might be anything at all in them that is relevant to the clinton investigation. Am I getting this right? because it sounds increasingly absurd....
Even though 72% is still high, that's a bit scary that Trump does have a good chance at winning the election. But if Trump does win, then that could hopefully enable politicians (from both Democrats and Republicans) to either reform the Delegate system, or outright abolish it.
Even though 72% is still high, that's a bit scary that Trump does have a good chance at winning the election. But if Trump does win, then that could hopefully enable politicians (from both Democrats and Republicans) to either reform the Delegate system, or outright abolish it.
Yes,that is correct. however the issue here is that at the time comey sent the letter to congress regarding the investigation he had not even looked at the emails which had a possibility of being related to Clintons emails.
Well, it would happen because the parties are the ones that's going to get hurt if Trump wins. It has happened with many things like the 21st Amendment (repeals the 18 Amendment, which bans Alcohol), presidential term limits (Republicans were losing since FDR won a third presidential term) and many more.
And because the Delegate system has only harmed the two parties this election, there's a good chance that the system will be looked into (but that's assuming Trump wins the presidency).
Well, it would happen because the parties are the ones that's going to get hurt if Trump wins. It has happened with many things like the 21st Amendment (repeals the 18 Amendment, which bans Alcohol), presidential term limits (Republicans were losing since FDR won a third presidential term) and many more.
And because the Delegate system has only harmed the two parties this election, there's a good chance that the system will be looked into (but that's assuming Trump wins the presidency).
All I see is that both parties will try to be more stringent on whom they choose. Instead of choosing someone for the lulz, they'll likely be more wary and make sure the person will lose.
I don't think he's trying to influence anything and that it is just a weird coincidence it is starting up now. What makes you think he hasn't looked at them (I mean, maybe not all 650,000 emails so far)? From what I read, they came across questionable emails investigating Weiner and in light of that, they felt they had to reopen the previous investigation to determine if there were missives they missed that contained classified information. They called those emails "pertinent" too, which suggests they had read them.
I guess I also don't see the problem with revealing this now. If this woman has the very likely chance to be our president, we deserve to know the results of this investigation before she is elected. She seems to agree with that, too.
All I see is that both parties will try to be more stringent on whom they choose. Instead of choosing someone for the lulz, they'll likely be more wary and make sure the person will lose.
I know the Republican Party will try to do such a thing, but I doubt the Democratic Party would follow. Unlike the Republican Party where they're trying to prevent Trump from becoming the nominee, the Democrats WANTED Hillary as the nominee. Maybe not all of the Democrats, but that's aside the point.
I think after this election, maybe politicians will abolish Obamacare and replace it with a universal healthcare. That way, politicians who're running for elections can be analyzed for both physical and mental health. I can only wish, but if this means it's going to help them, then I'd say they'd go for it.
Well, comeys words were that he was going to look into whether emails sent by huckabe-huma had anything to do with hillarys emails. that means he has absolutely no idea on whether there is something there.
And hillary dropped below 70% today. WHERE IS YOUR OPTIMISM NOW!?
I'm thinking to throw a little Election party with sugary drinks and bad food to honor the people electing the new world leader. Any recommendations for cheesburger toppings?
Well, Hillary still holds a lead in North Carolina, but if this keeps up, then she'll lose that state. Same with Florida (it looks like she'll lose Florida if this mess continues).
I'm thinking to throw a little Election party with sugary drinks and bad food to honor the people electing the new world leader. Any recommendations for cheesburger toppings?
I know the Republican Party will try to do such a thing, but I doubt the Democratic Party would follow. Unlike the Republican Party where they're trying to prevent Trump from becoming the nominee, the Democrats WANTED Hillary as the nominee. Maybe not all of the Democrats, but that's aside the point.
I think after this election, maybe politicians will abolish Obamacare and replace it with a universal healthcare. That way, politicians who're running for elections can be analyzed for both physical and mental health. I can only wish, but if this means it's going to help them, then I'd say they'd go for it.
Yeah, they don't need to because they seem to have more sense when it comes to selecting candidates. Interestingly, I'm pretty sure the democrats didn't want Hillary and tried to make sure Bernie didn't get any attention.
Yeah, they don't need to because they seem to have more sense when it comes to selecting candidates. Interestingly, I'm pretty sure the democrats didn't want Hillary and tried to make sure Bernie didn't get any attention.
But if the Delegate system has failed to do its simple job, how likely will it remain in the system (unless it benefits politicians)? Politicians usually get things done if it either benefits them, or prevents any harm coming towards them; It's how we're progressing (more-or-less) like Slavery being abolished.
So based on FiveThirthyEight, Hillary's chances of winning the race dropped from 69% to 67%, and it looks like Trump is on the lead in Florida at the moment. This is probably the only opportunity for Trump to take advantage over the situation instead of acting like a half-ass person he is.