American Politics

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,074
Reaction score
6,931
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Trump is losing the vets
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Trumpy should have lost the vets' support years ago.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,074
Reaction score
6,931
Gender
Male
Country
United States
i cant imagine what people from overseas think when they see what we do in America. LA why.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
So, Trump Administration gutted (or is trying to gut) healthcare rights for LGBT+ people. I can't feel bad for the idiot LGBT+ people that voted for him, but for the ones that didn't, especially transgender people... ouch.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
So, Trump Administration gutted (or is trying to gut) healthcare rights for LGBT+ people. I can't feel bad for the idiot LGBT+ people that voted for him, but for the ones that didn't, especially transgender people... ouch.
Yea this one of the most bizarre and backwards policy changes I have ever seen. He did obviously for the attention and to try and divert people to the other events happening since he decided to do it in June of all months. I get it, he hates Obama and wants to get rid of anything Obama left during his presidency but this is next level. Does he even have a plan to put something new or different?


This will endanger transgender people in the medical field against discrimination for sure. Health Care should not be political.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Yea this one of the most bizarre and backwards policy changes I have ever seen. He did obviously for the attention and to try and divert people to the other events happening since he decided to do it in June of all months. I get it, he hates Obama and wants to get rid of anything Obama left during his presidency but this is next level. Does he even have a plan to put something new or different?


This will endanger transgender people in the medical field against discrimination for sure. Health Care should not be political.
What makes it bizarre? Most of us saw this coming, especially due to transphobia being so prevalent. I don't know if he did it because of that or because of bigotry, but fuck him and his administration either way. Transgender people deserve so much better than this, and it's bullshit they have to deal with more shit, especially Black transgender women (whom I think have it the worst out of all the groups in USA).

I hate this so much, man. They already have it hard enough as it is, but this is probably going to affect their mental health even more and put their lives at more risk. Trump also did this on the day of Pulse shooting, I believe. His plan is probably to make things even worse for transgender people and eventually LGBT+ people. I wonder if it's truly out of bigotry or as you mentioned, politics because he wants votes.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
What makes it bizarre? Most of us saw this coming, especially due to transphobia being so prevalent. I don't know if he did it because of that or because of bigotry, but fuck him and his administration either way. Transgender people deserve so much better than this, and it's bullshit they have to deal with more shit, especially Black transgender women (whom I think have it the worst out of all the groups in USA).
Well I didn't see this coming at all. I still don't get how LGBT folk vote for him.

I hate this so much, man. They already have it hard enough as it is, but this is probably going to affect their mental health even more and put their lives at more risk. Trump also did this on the day of Pulse shooting, I believe. His plan is probably to make things even worse for transgender people and eventually LGBT+ people. I wonder if it's truly out of bigotry or as you mentioned, politics because he wants votes.
If this blows over (which it will) I wonder how he will blame Dems and the "radical" left for it lol.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Me either. I guess they thought he wouldn't do anything to the community, especially with Caitlyn Jenner supporting him. Or because their families were/are Republican, and that was passed down.

Same, though he'll probably take credit and criticize transgender people as I'm sure transgender people aren't popular, especially among TERFs.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Me either. I guess they thought he wouldn't do anything to the community, especially with Caitlyn Jenner supporting him. Or because their families were/are Republican, and that was passed down.

Same, though he'll probably take credit and criticize transgender people as I'm sure transgender people aren't popular, especially among TERFs.
Caitlyn Jenner? As if she knows anything about politics lmao.

That's what his presidency is all about lol.
 

Franckie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
2,902
Reaction score
1,381
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Well I didn't see this coming at all. I still don't get how LGBT folk vote for him.
As a candidate, Trump signaled that LGBT-related culture wars are not ones the GOP needs to be fighting anymore, and much of the base noticed. As flawed as Trump is, and despite some of his unfortunate policy moves on this front, LGBT Republicans believe he actually represents a fulcrum point within the party on gay issues. Furthermore, while they wish the party was better on LBGT issues, they prioritize other concerns (e.g., immigration, federal judges).

The other issue is that they have nowhere else to go. Politics is like rooting for your favorite sports team. For the remaining LGBT folk, being Republican is their core identity. They speak of their party affiliation as a kind of public service. Many have insisted for decades that their presence in the GOP (their “place at the table,” as some put it) has helped it evolve, however slowly, on LGBT rights. Also, they've spent the better part of several decades being excoriated from all sides, largely rejected by their party and alternately mocked and reviled by many in the LGBT community, who believe the GOP views them with hostility.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Caitlyn Jenner? As if she knows anything about politics lmao.

That's what his presidency is all about lol.
She's a republican, and Trump saying she could use her identified gender's bathroom probably helped his image with the LGBT+ community. Hell, I was applauding him for that while criticizing every other bullshit of his. He knows how to pander.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I know what his explanation was, but that doesn't explain the person next to him moving completely normally
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Like he's slowing down so he stays next to him
 

Sanity Check

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2019
Messages
2,171
Reaction score
4,721
Age
41
Country
Akatsuki
LGBT topic food for thought.

-Argentina passed gay marriage despite its population demographic being upwards of 80% roman catholic.

-Stalinist russia sentenced homosexuals to 5 years hard labor in prison. Socialist china today is known to discriminate against LGBTs.

The media has a tendency to illustrate america and the right wing as being "racist" and "bigoted" against homosexual/transexuals.

Evidence and history don't necessarily support those conclusions.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,074
Reaction score
6,931
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I know what his explanation was, but that doesn't explain the person next to him moving completely normally
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Like he's slowing down so he stays next to him
im concerned everytime i see him struggle to drink water. somethings wrong.
 

Sanity Check

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2019
Messages
2,171
Reaction score
4,721
Age
41
Country
Akatsuki
im concerned everytime i see him struggle to drink water. somethings wrong.

I would guess hydroxychloroquine side effects.

"Dizziness, nausea."

He'll return to full strength once the pandemic passes.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
LGBT topic food for thought.

-Argentina passed gay marriage despite its population demographic being upwards of 80% roman catholic.

-Stalinist russia sentenced homosexuals to 5 years hard labor in prison. Socialist china today is known to discriminate against LGBTs.

The media has a tendency to illustrate america and the right wing as being "racist" and "bigoted" against homosexual/transexuals.

Evidence and history don't necessarily support those conclusions.
But.... what difference does any of that make? Why should china or russia be measuring sticks in regards to this? Are you seriously suggesting framing US right wing perspectives around how fucking russia and china treat LGBT people? I don't even agree with substantial portions of the LGBT agenda but what does it say about right wingers if they want/need their views framed around those of monsters? That you even bring up authoritarian and oppressive regimes for this speaks volumes.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
LGBT topic food for thought.

-Argentina passed gay marriage despite its population demographic being upwards of 80% roman catholic.

-Stalinist russia sentenced homosexuals to 5 years hard labor in prison. Socialist china today is known to discriminate against LGBTs.

The media has a tendency to illustrate america and the right wing as being "racist" and "bigoted" against homosexual/transexuals.

Evidence and history don't necessarily support those conclusions.
1. How does racism come into play when it comes to sexual orientation?

2. The media is correct. There is bigotry against homosexuals and transgender people in USA and from the right. Your post does not prove anything wrong or argue against that.

3. Evidence and history do support those conclusions. Your logic however makes no sense. Saying "what-about" doesn't absolve USA of its homophobia and transphobia, especially when black transgender women are the most vulnerable and keep being killed.

4. I like how you bring up religion though, proving that religion is part of the problem. I think Russia under Putin is just as anti-LGBT+, if not worse than Russia under Stalin.
 
Top