I don't really want to cast aspersions but this is kinda weird...
I think the implication is it's not his son, he's announcing it to pre-empt someone outing him. Either that or it's even worse and he groomed him...Lot of people pointing out the timing of this and indicating that the idiot doesn't really care about his adopted son as he never mentioned him before. Like how racists say "BUT I HAVE BLACK FRIENDS!!" whenever called out.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
yeah, that's what I kind of meant. Also it's interesting how he had to point out "legally came here," as if he'd be judged by that. But by outing him, you mean the fact that he adopted someone from Cuba? Because I don't think anyone knew.I think the implication is it's not his son, he's announcing it to pre-empt someone outing him. Either that or it's even worse and he groomed him...
No, I meant "outing" him as in him being gay.yeah, that's what I kind of meant. Also it's interesting how he had to point out "legally came here," as if he'd be judged by that. But by outing him, you mean the fact that he adopted someone from Cuba? Because I don't think anyone knew.
Ooooh, I didn't even know he was.No, I meant "outing" him as in him being gay.
Even if it's not him being closeted and lying or something worse, he's only bringing it up now as some form of weird tokenism in an argument with another congressman. Absolutely zero mention of this in the past and the fact that he can't even legally be his father due to adoptions from Cuba being almost impossible or something makes the entire situation even more bizarre.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Idk if he is either, and it really should be a non-issue. But we're talking about him being a 31 year old man "adopting" a 12 year old Cuban boy and passing him off as everything but his "son" until this entire situation happened. It's really bizarre.Ooooh, I didn't even know he was.
Republicans always have an agenda with something. If you're insinuating what I think you are, then that's a major yikes.Idk if he is either, and it really should be a non-issue. But we're talking about him being a 31 year old man "adopting" a 12 year old Cuban boy and passing him off as everything but his "son" until this entire situation happened. It's really bizarre.
It probably isn't that, but.... you know, optics...Republicans always have an agenda with something. If you're insinuating what I think you are, then that's a major yikes.

wow how or why would he even do thatIdk if he is either, and it really should be a non-issue. But we're talking about him being a 31 year old man "adopting" a 12 year old Cuban boy and passing him off as everything but his "son" until this entire situation happened. It's really bizarre.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
No, that was misreported or had misleading headlines. There were no buying or reserving of tickets that prevented them from going, what happened is the projections for attendance were overinflated because of what some Tiktok and Kpop stans did. Still funny though.Apparently that's because of kpop stans buying up all the tickets since it's free.
What did they do??No, that was misreported or had misleading headlines. There were no buying or reserving of tickets that prevented them from going, what happened is the projections for attendance were overinflated because of what some Tiktok and Kpop stans did. Still funny though.
I just said what they did...? They signed up like they were attending when they weren't. So the campaign was expecting some huge crowd, bragged about it, and had to make plans to accommodate them when they didn't actually exist.What did they do??