American Politics

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke

I don't really want to cast aspersions but this is kinda weird...
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Lot of people pointing out the timing of this and indicating that the idiot doesn't really care about his adopted son as he never mentioned him before. Like how racists say "BUT I HAVE BLACK FRIENDS!!" whenever called out.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Lot of people pointing out the timing of this and indicating that the idiot doesn't really care about his adopted son as he never mentioned him before. Like how racists say "BUT I HAVE BLACK FRIENDS!!" whenever called out.
I think the implication is it's not his son, he's announcing it to pre-empt someone outing him. Either that or it's even worse and he groomed him...
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,074
Reaction score
6,931
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Cant he just be truthful, no ones going to jude him badly for being gay or in a relationship.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Mr Trump got warned on twitter again

Also, now if Kamala could withdraw too.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I think the implication is it's not his son, he's announcing it to pre-empt someone outing him. Either that or it's even worse and he groomed him...
yeah, that's what I kind of meant. Also it's interesting how he had to point out "legally came here," as if he'd be judged by that. But by outing him, you mean the fact that he adopted someone from Cuba? Because I don't think anyone knew.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
yeah, that's what I kind of meant. Also it's interesting how he had to point out "legally came here," as if he'd be judged by that. But by outing him, you mean the fact that he adopted someone from Cuba? Because I don't think anyone knew.
No, I meant "outing" him as in him being gay.

Even if it's not him being closeted and lying or something worse, he's only bringing it up now as some form of weird tokenism in an argument with another congressman. Absolutely zero mention of this in the past and the fact that he can't even legally be his father due to adoptions from Cuba being almost impossible or something makes the entire situation even more bizarre.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
No, I meant "outing" him as in him being gay.

Even if it's not him being closeted and lying or something worse, he's only bringing it up now as some form of weird tokenism in an argument with another congressman. Absolutely zero mention of this in the past and the fact that he can't even legally be his father due to adoptions from Cuba being almost impossible or something makes the entire situation even more bizarre.
Ooooh, I didn't even know he was.

Eh, this is the same guy who mocked covid and got it afterwards, so yeah.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Ooooh, I didn't even know he was.
Idk if he is either, and it really should be a non-issue. But we're talking about him being a 31 year old man "adopting" a 12 year old Cuban boy and passing him off as everything but his "son" until this entire situation happened. It's really bizarre.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Idk if he is either, and it really should be a non-issue. But we're talking about him being a 31 year old man "adopting" a 12 year old Cuban boy and passing him off as everything but his "son" until this entire situation happened. It's really bizarre.
Republicans always have an agenda with something. If you're insinuating what I think you are, then that's a major yikes.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Republicans always have an agenda with something. If you're insinuating what I think you are, then that's a major yikes.
It probably isn't that, but.... you know, optics...
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I hope not, because that's an innocent kid whose life could be ruined. Also:


:cookiestare
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,074
Reaction score
6,931
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Idk if he is either, and it really should be a non-issue. But we're talking about him being a 31 year old man "adopting" a 12 year old Cuban boy and passing him off as everything but his "son" until this entire situation happened. It's really bizarre.
wow how or why would he even do that
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Looks like those "1million ticket requests" and "19K tickets" were all lies. Couldn't even fill up an arena.

Hope this bodes well for a lack of Trump support come Nov.


 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
They're known for lying, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't assume he doesn't have a lot of supporters. I think that's part of how Trump won in the first place.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,074
Reaction score
6,931
Gender
Male
Country
United States

Way less people than I thought it would, like, Id have thought even half-ful of 19K
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Apparently that's because of kpop stans buying up all the tickets since it's free.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Apparently that's because of kpop stans buying up all the tickets since it's free.
No, that was misreported or had misleading headlines. There were no buying or reserving of tickets that prevented them from going, what happened is the projections for attendance were overinflated because of what some Tiktok and Kpop stans did. Still funny though.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
No, that was misreported or had misleading headlines. There were no buying or reserving of tickets that prevented them from going, what happened is the projections for attendance were overinflated because of what some Tiktok and Kpop stans did. Still funny though.
What did they do??
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
What did they do??
I just said what they did...? They signed up like they were attending when they weren't. So the campaign was expecting some huge crowd, bragged about it, and had to make plans to accommodate them when they didn't actually exist.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Almost the same as what I said, hence why I was confused.
 
Top