In the rest, I didn't understand what you were saying, felt like you were saying that people don't care about white people being killed by the copsIn the first part of that sentence, yes. Thanks for reading.
In the rest, I didn't understand what you were saying, felt like you were saying that people don't care about white people being killed by the copsIn the first part of that sentence, yes. Thanks for reading.
The people who simp for shitty cops certainly don't, noIn the rest, I didn't understand what you were saying, felt like you were saying that people don't care about white people being killed by the cops
People simp for shitty cops? Weird.The people who simp for shitty cops certainly don't, no
...do you have a uterus? I mean I watched the vid. And it makes an argument us pro-choicers often make very well. But I'm specifically interested in the opinion of people who actually have a stake in the matter.
Abortions and Crime: Freakonomics
This is by far, the best content ever published on the topic of abortion.
Recommended.
Even though it is very sad.![]()
Oh I know. I just wanna hear their argument in favor of it. And yes, Tomi's pro choice and she got punished for pointing it out. There was another blonde that got hell for it too but I forget who. Lauren Southern probably.M3J said:it's difficult to find that among republicans and among Bernie bros, from what I've seen. I was wondering since most conservative women would oppose abortion; I think Tomi is the only conservative that is pro-choice?
Ah okay, I got my cables crossed, then. Though they still do point out more white people being killed by cops whenever the subject of Black people being murdered by cops come up.The people who simp for shitty cops certainly don't, no
None of them so far have had any good argument against abortion, and many of it were just hypocritical. Claimed that the aborted baby could have cured cancer, but so could have a refugee child who was denied opportunity for a better life. The right and forced birthers are so disgusting and hypocritical. Yeah, and Tomi lost her job even though she said she made it clear she was pro-choice and got attacked by the right too, but she bounced back quickly enough to keep spewing her bullshit.Oh I know. I just wanna hear their argument in favor of it. And yes, Tomi's pro choice and she got punished for pointing it out. There was another blonde that got hell for it too but I forget who. Lauren Southern probably.
Also I'm wondering if there's an argument that can be made against abortion that isn't religious fuckery.

Yeah, they're just not aware of it or don't care. Just like they're not aware of the irony in blindly support institutions formed by and upholding laws made by the government they claim is corrupt and that they want less of. It is curious what kind of bureaucracy is acceptable and why.... but hey, who's keeping score.People simp for shitty cops? Weird.
Right, but it's also a method by which to show the issue isn't necessarily limited to specific levels of melanin in the skin. Unfortunately, a call to arms regarding certain issues isn't effective with certain people unless the potential for them to be affected by it is there.Ah okay, I got my cables crossed, then. Though they still do point out more white people being killed by cops whenever the subject of Black people being murdered by cops come up.
Yeah, my problem with the right doing that is that they don't even care that people of their own race are being killed, they just use it as a tactic to try and shut Black people up. Sucks that cops will almost always never be held accountable and if they are, it's barely a punishment, and they're likely to get a job in another department. If I remember correctly, that's what happened with Tamir Rice's killer, and his previous superior didn't understand how the killer was able to get hired.Yeah, they're just not aware of it or don't care. Just like they're not aware of the irony in blindly support institutions formed by and upholding laws made by the government they claim is corrupt and want less of. It is curious what kind of bureaucracy is acceptable and why.... but hey, who's keeping score.
Right, but it's also a method by which to show the issue isn't necessarily limited to specific levels of melanin in the skin. Unfortunately, a call to arms regarding certain issues isn't effective with certain people unless the potential for them to be affected by it is there.
I'm not sure anyone is misunderstanding that there aren't examples of rotten apples and the like. The disagreement is on scale. And throwing the baby out with the bathwater.Yeah, they're just not aware of it or don't care. Just like they're not aware of the irony in blindly support institutions formed by and upholding laws made by the government they claim is corrupt and want less of. It is curious what kind of bureaucracy is acceptable and why.... but hey, who's keeping score.
I think the disagreement is at the level of rot in the tree... or that the tree itself is growing on radioactive soil... or that the water used to grow said tree is parching everything else around it.I'm not sure anyone is misunderstanding that there aren't examples of rotten apples and the like. The disagreement is on scale. And throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
Unless you are advocating some flavor of anarchy, gov has to be used to 'fix' other arenas of gov. But, then you'd have bigger problems. I wouldn't be surprised to find an anarcho-_______ here...
That sounds nice, in the poetic language that it is, but in practice I'm not sure what that even means. I've heard some thoughts and they are unconvincing.I think the disagreement is at the level of rot in the tree... or that the tree itself is growing on radioactive soil... or that the water used to grow said tree is parching everything else around it.
Figurative language aside, I don't think the real solution is just firing some bad apples. In many cases the bad apples exist because of tree.
Maybe we should grow an orange tree instead?
I'm not. But perhaps enough is to where maybe lucking into firing some people doesn't actually fix anything.That sounds nice, in the poetic language that it is, but in practice I'm not sure what that even means. I've heard some thoughts and they are unconvincing.
I think your implying that more harm than good is being done, and that's simply not backed up in any way at all.
If you truly thought the soil as it were was radioactive then by extension ALL fruit should be poisoned. But maybe we're not understanding each other when it comes to your analogy.I'm not. But perhaps enough is to where maybe lucking into firing some people doesn't actually fix anything.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Not for nothing, and I know that analogies are rarely perfect, but I do think it's a bit humorous that your analogy here is literally apples and oranges.I think the disagreement is at the level of rot in the tree... or that the tree itself is growing on radioactive soil... or that the water used to grow said tree is parching everything else around it.
Figurative language aside, I don't think the real solution is just firing some bad apples. In many cases the bad apples exist because of tree.
Maybe we should grow an orange tree instead?
Well, guess maybe it was a subconscious effort towards something entirely new and different, idkNot for nothing, and I know that analogies are rarely perfect, but I do think it's a bit humorous that your analogy here is literally apples and oranges.
Just some impersonal levity to add to the conversation.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
![]()
US could run out of cash as soon as Dec. 15, Janet Yellen warns
The Dec. 15, 2021, deadline is about two weeks later than Yellen’s initial estimate that a debt-limit increase passed by Congress in October.nypost.com
US could run out of cash as soon as Dec. 15, Janet Yellen warns
The US government could run out of cash and be forced to default on its debt if lawmakers fail to raise the debt ceiling by Dec. 15, Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen warned Tuesday.
Yellen explained that the new deadline comes as a result of the $1 trillion infrastructure agenda, which was signed into law by President Joe Biden on Monday.
Many Republicans have said they won’t cooperate on any effort to raise the debt ceiling come December, saying that the US needs to reign in its out-of-control spending.
If the debt ceiling isn’t raised, the Treasury would likely be forced to prioritize certain payments like Social Security. The cutting of certain programs would likely fall disproportionately on the elderly and poor.
Raising the debt limit would not authorize any new spending, but rather let the government issue new debt to pay for existing obligations.
Yellen has insisted that a US default, in which the Treasury delays interest payments on debt, could devalue the US Dollar and launch the country as well as the world into a major recession.
Congress nonetheless has a number of other burdensome items, including passing Biden’s $1.8 trillion American Families Plan, that it must address before grappling with the debt ceiling.
...

and I feel like to get votes as well or make Dems lose votes by blaming them for things.Meh, at this point I am running on the conspiracy theory that republicans only cause trouble on this so that they can make a quick extra 5% by selling their portfolios before they announce they causing trouble and buying quickly after that.