American Politics

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Waiting for where we said either party has the citizens' best interest in mind. But Dems are better than Reps in many ways, even though they still suck.
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
Waiting for where we said either party has the citizens' best interest in mind. But Dems are better than Reps in many ways, even though they still suck.
You don't have to say it; it's beyond implied in how you pick and choose what to complain about.

I haven't seen a complaint about a D action, actor, leader - anything really - in 10 or so pages, and that's as far back as I care to read. But, multiple complaints about R this and that. It's all so boring, transparent, and predictable.

It's not hard at all to find D's to complain about, or stories - hell, they run every major city and the Executive and beyond. Should I help you out?




Though, if you concede they suck, I suppose that's better than nothing. I'd argue they are easily more authoritarian, anti-worker, and war-mongering as of late administrations and thus worse for brown people dying overseas and domestic outcomes for those same people all the same (the cardinal sin - causing a non-white person pain and suffering), but that's just me what do I know.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
That's because you haven't really read the past ten pages if you didn't see anyone complain about Biden and the Dems.

Perhaps they are, but if you're calling them authoritarian because of the vaccine mandate, that's silly. Might as well get mad at Republicans for not wanting to remove the vaccine mandates for students that's been there for decades.
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
That's because you haven't really read the past ten pages if you didn't see anyone complain about Biden and the Dems.
Seeing as I only started posting in the political section relatively recently, and that easily goes back over 10 pages (I *just* checked), and there hasn't been a single complaint about a D in that time frame, you're simply wrong. I'm fine if you can point out an exception, but it's certainly not any proportionate amount of representation of posts about political failures. It's essentially goose-eggs actually in recent pages. But, sure, fine, I guess you've complained about Biden here and there. That's hardly the same as the frequency as to which you - specifically, and basically everyone else here save Sanity and myself - complain about conservatives - and by extension R operatives. Not that I'm in any sort of mood to defend an R, gross.

Perhaps they are, but if you're calling them authoritarian because of the vaccine mandate, that's silly. Might as well get mad at Republicans for not wanting to remove the vaccine mandates for students that's been there for decades.
Why would I get mad at R's wanting less restrictions on the people? Credit where credit is due.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,925
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
You don't have to say it; it's beyond implied in how you pick and choose what to complain about.

I haven't seen a complaint about a D action, actor, leader - anything really - in 10 or so pages, and that's as far back as I care to read. But, multiple complaints about R this and that. It's all so boring, transparent, and predictable.

It's not hard at all to find D's to complain about, or stories - hell, they run every major city and the Executive and beyond. Should I help you out?




Though, if you concede they suck, I suppose that's better than nothing. I'd argue they are easily more authoritarian, anti-worker, and war-mongering as of late administrations and thus worse for brown people dying overseas and domestic outcomes for those same people all the same (the cardinal sin - causing a non-white person pain and suffering), but that's just me what do I know.
So... you are just complaining about convos you haven't taken a part in not going in the direction you want? That's just... nonsense? You could, you know, complain about democrats. I doubt any of the regulars here likes democrats all that much anyways.
 
  • Like
Reactions: M3J

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
And, no, I don't *only* consider D's authoritarian due to vax mandates, though I certainly include that.

Just off the top of my head:

- D admin actions on the border (going back to Clinton) - a big story under Trump, continued by Biden, and worse figures during Obama.... zero consistency in reporting
- D politicians expanding the police state and prison population (again, going back to Clinton.... hell, look at the Veep's track record on this in CA)
- D admin AG, Garland, and his hard-on to see Assange hung, a war on freedom of the press (among others but this is particularly egregious and worrisome)
- D admin expanding Patriot Act and the surveillance state, enough said
- D admin increasing arms' sales overseas, particularly to bloodthirsty KSA to be used on Yemen, but also many other instances (see: Obama's CIA training ISIS, etc etc etc)
- D admin drone program and bomb-drop count, enough said
- D admin putting pressure on tech companies to censor free speech on their platforms
- D admin forcing an individual mandate (as opposed to universal health which would be way better than the ACA which is an R plan, and the worse of both worlds both commercial and socialized healthcare)
- D admin nonsensical gun control (like magazine restrictions) without end
- D admin political spying
- D admin with unpaid eviction moratoriums, unconstitutional among other issues

I could go on but that's a start.

I mean, D's classically want an expansion of government. Government comes with an increase in laws, restrictions, impositions, and requires enforcement by show of authority (taxes, jail-time, literal physical violence). You can't be FOR a bigger government and AGAINST authoritarianism. It's contradictory.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So... you are just complaining about convos you haven't taken a part in not going in the direction you want?
I'm *pointing out* that the direction of conversations is heavily-weighted in only one direction, unilateral.

Are you then complaining at/about me now? What exactly is the definition of hypocrisy again? Or can we drop the complaining about complaining about complaining act/canard? Or, I guess only posts that don't share your sentiment are complaints, while others (yours included) are doing God's Own Work and justifiably righteous (thus not registering as 'complaints').

That's just... nonsense?
Agreed! But not for the reason you think. It's nonsensical to only complain about what is the equivalent of your political rival, seemingly non-stop, while also claiming you are somehow open to being objective because, *checks notes*, 'both sides suck'. Well, just a quick look-back by any passer-by wouldn't think that was the case.... which was my point.

I'd assume 10+ pages would be ample opportunity to find anything to complain about literally any person that votes or legislates Democrat. If it is egg on a minority's face, a politician, an actor, a socialite... you can't find one story about anything. And, this may be news to you, but there are ample stories going on that would seemingly make the cut but curiously only leftists can't find the time to make posts about them. Only bad white male conservatives seem to make the board... now why is that?

You could, you know, complain about democrats. I doubt any of the regulars here likes democrats all that much anyways.
No, just that R's are purportedly so much worse that they can't even find the words or stories or time to have anything remotely bad to say about the D's in recent memory.

I have plenty bad to say about D's, same as R's. I'm wondering why everything seems so politically-biased/weighted/slanted by the regulars claiming objectivity on the matter.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,925
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I'm *pointing out* that the direction of conversations is heavily-weighted in only one direction, unilateral.

Are you then complaining at/about me now? What exactly is the definition of hypocrisy again? Or can we drop the complaining about complaining about complaining act/canard? Or, I guess only posts that don't share your sentiment are complaints, while others (yours included) are doing God's Own Work and justifiably righteous (thus not registering as 'complaints').
I didn't complain about anything though. As for the conversation leaning in one direction... SO? Imagine someone walking up to you and telling you your conversations with someone else didn't go in a direction said someone found adequate. That's just crazy.


Agreed! But not for the reason you think. It's nonsensical to only complain about what is the equivalent of your political rival, seemingly non-stop, while also claiming you are somehow open to being objective because, *checks notes*, 'both sides suck'. Well, just a quick look-back by any passer-by wouldn't think that was the case.... which was my point.

I'd assume 10+ pages would be ample opportunity to find anything to complain about literally any person that votes or legislates Democrat. If it is egg on a minority's face, a politician, an actor, a socialite... you can't find one story about anything. And, this may be news to you, but there are ample stories going on that would seemingly make the cut but curiously only leftists can't find the time to make posts about them. Only bad white male conservatives seem to make the board... now why is that?
What? nonsense, I've made no claim at being objective. Sure, I've said both sides suck but not because I'm "objective". It's because republicans nowadays are, well, awful, and democrats are essentially republicans light policy wise (though it is worth noting they lack Qanon, militias, and they don't flaunt second amendment rights at people they disagree with).


No, just that R's are purportedly so much worse that they can't even find the words or stories or time to have anything remotely bad to say about the D's in recent memory.

I have plenty bad to say about D's, same as R's. I'm wondering why everything seems so politically-biased/weighted/slanted by the regulars claiming objectivity on the matter.
Welp, none of the regulars here loves democrats though. That's just a fact... You are the one that brought up objectivity though, that sounds more like an issue you have that has nothing to do with anything.
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
I didn't complain about anything though. .
- You made a point = not a complaint, per your standards (even though directed at me, an individual, and not an ideology or news story)

vs

- I likewise I made a point = somehow registers as a complaint.

Got it. You really can't argue with that air-tight logic.

As for the conversation leaning in one direction... SO? Imagine someone walking up to you and telling you your conversations with someone else didn't go in a direction said someone found adequate. That's just crazy
Oh, so I guess you acknowledge the posts are only left-leaning. That makes this easier.

What? nonsense, I've made no claim at being objective.
So you don't have an objective opinion on things? I mean, I thought as much, but thanks for confirmation. This simplifies further discourse.

Regardless, I was responding to another person as you well know, who was making the (fallacious) claim that there are complaints about D's all the same (in the last 10 or so pages) - implying SOME level of objectivity.

But, if we're all in full-agreement that posts here are particularly biased and thus non-objective (as you seem to contend), that simplifies things further. I'm not sure why the push-back. Shouldn't I just be able to say that seems to be the case and be met with agreement? Why the theatrics if you just agree?

Sure, I've said both sides suck but not because I'm "objective".
Noted. You're not objective. Not something to brag about, but whatever.

It's because republicans nowadays are, well, awful, and democrats are essentially republicans light policy wise (though it is worth noting they lack Qanon, militias, and they don't flaunt second amendment rights at people they disagree with).
D's have blue-anon, and a host of other shitty, silly, and destructive policies. I'm not sure why cherry-picking anecdotes (such as the congressman or whoever flaunting 2A rights) somehow makes R's any better or worse than D's.

If they're all shitty, where are all the stories of shitty D's? Or is this forum single-issue about 2A? No? OK, then we agree there's lots of other shit going on, right?

Welp, none of the regulars here loves democrats though. That's just a fact... You are the one that brought up objectivity though, that sounds more like an issue you have that has nothing to do with anything.
Having an issue that someone isn't being objective (or by extension is in denial about their political bias) and uniformly upset and consistent in their concerns/reporting is a personal problem of mine?

lol, sure buddy. I'll gladly accept that as a personal problem of my own - a quest to be something approximating objective. It's my biggest flaw! A scarlet letter I must bear. You don't know the burden! (really, you apparently don't)
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Why would I get mad at R's wanting less restrictions on the people? Credit where credit is due.
So you'd rather bring back diseases and let people die from these diseases? K then.

- D admin actions on the border (going back to Clinton) - a big story under Trump, continued by Biden, and worse figures during Obama.... zero consistency in reporting
- D politicians expanding the police state and prison population (again, going back to Clinton.... hell, look at the Veep's track record on this in CA)
- D admin AG, Garland, and his hard-on to see Assange hung, a war on freedom of the press (among others but this is particularly egregious and worrisome)
- D admin expanding Patriot Act and the surveillance state, enough said
- D admin increasing arms' sales overseas, particularly to bloodthirsty KSA to be used on Yemen, but also many other instances (see: Obama's CIA training ISIS, etc etc etc)
- D admin drone program and bomb-drop count, enough said
- D admin putting pressure on tech companies to censor free speech on their platforms
- D admin forcing an individual mandate (as opposed to universal health which would be way better than the ACA which is an R plan, and the worse of both worlds both commercial and socialized healthcare)
- D admin nonsensical gun control (like magazine restrictions) without end
- D admin political spying
- D admin with unpaid eviction moratoriums, unconstitutional among other issues

I could go on but that's a start.
Yes, majority of these are the issues I have with Dems and have talked about. Not to mention, how most liberal sources did not cover the amount of immigrants deported ack to their countries under Obama. Hell, this is why majority of left wingers don't like Dems and especially Biden.

STuff like hate speech should not be allowed, it should be censored. No one should be tolerating racism, sexism, homophobia, and in general bigotry.

Gun control is good. One city relaxed gun control laws, and almost immediately there was a mass shooting.
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
I went back to page one just for shits and giggles. I had zero expectations. I was only 3 posts in before a laugh-track appeared in my mind. These gems speak for themselves, but I'll comment nonetheless:

I'm voting for Bernie Sanders.

Or possibly Trump if he becomes more socially aware.
Possibly voting for Trump, tee-hee, oh boy. Props for at least being open-minded at that point in your political journey. I'm sure it will last a while, this level of objectivity.

Oh, wait...

I lean towards left, but I'm closer to the center. Right wings, Republicans, and conservatives suck anyway, based on my limited knoweldge.
(just a few posts later lol)

Or, 'I admittedly don't know a lot about politics, but I'll comment anyways' - fair enough, at least you're not claiming to be an authority on the subject matter.

Do you still consider yourself a centrist only a few years later?

If Trump wins, he'll get us bombed and killed, and we won't have any allies.
These hysterics didn't age well. But they were everywhere, and still persist for some reason.





I didn't go back to look you up M3J, this wasn't a personal mission of mine, just a page 1 look-back. Yours was the only username I recognized. I just wanted to see how old this thread was, and the trajectory it had from the start.





You got to admit though, thinking of possibly voting for Trump is a LITTLE humorous in retrospect, no?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So you'd rather bring back diseases and let people die from these diseases? K then.
I misunderstood - I thought you were talking about pulling back C-19 restrictions.

But, I'll gladly have the discussion about the differences between previous vaccine mandates, different vaccine tech over the years, the viruses themselves, the history of testing/reporting, mrna vax track records, C-19 vax efficacy, mask mandate efficacy, lock-down efficacy, etc etc.

I'm not sure you're aware, and at risk of repeating myself to death, not everything is the same as everything else.

Side note - have you read about the sordid history with the smallpox vaccine? It's not all butterflies and rainbows. Maybe it's one of those ends justifying the means things though...

Yes, majority of these are the issues I have with Dems and have talked about. Not to mention, how most liberal sources did not cover the amount of immigrants deported ack to their countries under Obama. Hell, this is why majority of left wingers don't like Dems and especially Biden.

STuff like hate speech should not be allowed, it should be censored. No one should be tolerating racism, sexism, homophobia, and in general bigotry.

Gun control is good. One city relaxed gun control laws, and almost immediately there was a mass shooting.
I'll just say we disagree about your two later points, but props for acknowledging some of the glaring issues with current D's.

Common ground is a good thing.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,925
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
- You made a point = not a complaint, per your standards (even though directed at me, an individual, and not an ideology or news story)

vs

- I likewise I made a point = somehow registers as a complaint.

Got it. You really can't argue with that air-tight logic.

Oh, so I guess you acknowledge the posts are only left-leaning. That makes this easier.

So you don't have an objective opinion on things? I mean, I thought as much, but thanks for confirmation. This simplifies further discourse.

Regardless, I was responding to another person as you well know, who was making the (fallacious) claim that there are complaints about D's all the same (in the last 10 or so pages) - implying SOME level of objectivity.

But, if we're all in full-agreement that posts here are particularly biased and thus non-objective (as you seem to contend), that simplifies things further. I'm not sure why the push-back. Shouldn't I just be able to say that seems to be the case and be met with agreement? Why the theatrics if you just agree?

Noted. You're not objective. Not something to brag about, but whatever.

D's have blue-anon, and a host of other shitty, silly, and destructive policies. I'm not sure why cherry-picking anecdotes (such as the congressman or whoever flaunting 2A rights) somehow makes R's any better or worse than D's.
Well, yes, what you said is a complaint and what I said isn't. I don't see how you can look back at the words you wrote in the order you wrote them and not see that as a complain lol.

I am more in the camp that objectivity is a pipe dream. We all come from different places (literally and figuratively) and that shapes our opinions... A claim that your opinion is somehow objective is just arrogance, if not straight up delusional. As if you, a random stranger on the internet, has managed to rise above it all and perceived truth in it's purest form from your magical glass house... It's easier to have an honest discussion by simply clarifying from where you are coming from to give context to your perspective. You either want to have an honest discussion or randomly accuse people of not being objective... Imagine someone here claiming a conversation with you is impossible because you have a right wing bias... It'd be utter nonsense.


But... those aren't just cherry picking. Qanon, 2nd amendment nutjobs, militias... Those are mainstream republican things. As in, it is mainstream for republicans to believe politicians and actors they don't like are cabalistic child rapers. Militias of many types are rampant and probably number in the millions... let alone idiots with unhinged vigilante delusions. And it's extremely common in the US right wing to see people flaunting their second amendment rights in response to things they don't like. As in, the go to answer is an honest to god death threat. There is no equivalency between any of that and democrats...
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Possibly voting for Trump, tee-hee, oh boy. Props for at least being open-minded at that point in your political journey. I'm sure it will last a while, this level of objectivity.

Oh, wait...
Not open-minded, but this was before I saw Trump's tweets and realized what a lying bigot he is. If I was open-minded, I'd have been open to Clinton as well even if I did vote for her in the end. But I've actually defended Trump few times even though I've opposed him, and if he wasn't so bigoted and full of lies, as well as have shitty supporters, him giving out $600 to people every week for few months would make me want to probably support him.

I'm pretty objective now than I was back then, it's not my fault Republicans are just too full of shit now.

(just a few posts later lol)

Or, 'I admittedly don't know a lot about politics, but I'll comment anyways' - fair enough, at least you're not claiming to be an authority on the subject matter.

Do you still consider yourself a centrist only a few years later?
Yeah, that was what? 2015, 2016? I know far more about politics now than I did back then.

No, I detest centrism and associate that with right-leaning mostly, not really centrist.
Side note - have you read about the sordid history with the smallpox vaccine? It's not all butterflies and rainbows. Maybe it's one of those ends justifying the means things though...
I have not.
I'll just say we disagree about your two later points, but props for acknowledging some of the glaring issues with current D's.

Common ground is a good thing.
Main reason why I USED to think Dems were good and Reps were bad was because back before I had any political knowledge, I shared opinions and was accused of being a Dem just because I didn't like mass shootings or just anyone being able to buy guns or cops killing people unnecessarily and getting away with it.

Now I know both suck, and I've known that for years since 2015. Oddly, it was a left leaning source and a conservatives source that I learned Obama was as bad as Trump when it came to immigrants. Trump removing protections for LGBT+ people in healthcare and not letting transgender people join the army and Biden reversing both of those are why I'd still rather vote for Dems, and it serves as a perfect example as to the difference between the two, whether or not Dems do things like that for votes only.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
- D admin nonsensical gun control (like magazine restrictions) without end
Why exactly do you find magazine restrictions nonsensical? As in you think banning magazines of a certain capacity doesn't have the effect of reducing potential death or injury, or what?
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Jubei_Kibagami said:
I mean, D's classically want an expansion of government. Government comes with an increase in laws, restrictions, impositions, and requires enforcement by show of authority (taxes, jail-time, literal physical violence). You can't be FOR a bigger government and AGAINST authoritarianism. It's contradictory.
Yes you can. Bigger government doesn't equate to authoritarian rule. Especially when the government is made up of representatives voted on by the people. If the government is enacting the will of the majority, that's not authoritarianism. That's democracy.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

kckk said:
But... those aren't just cherry picking. Qanon, 2nd amendment nutjobs, militias... Those are mainstream republican things. As in, it is mainstream for republicans to believe politicians and actors they don't like are cabalistic child rapers. Militias of many types are rampant and probably number in the millions... let alone idiots with unhinged vigilante delusions. And it's extremely common in the US right wing to see people flaunting their second amendment rights in response to things they don't like. As in, the go to answer is an honest to god death threat. There is no equivalency between any of that and democrats...
Yeah. The Left has psychos too, but the shittiest aspects of the Left aren't running the show, lol. Whereas the current Republican party is the party of Trump. Because of him, people like Marjorie Taylor Green are par for the course now. Jan. 6th was just the start.
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke

How did we get from worms like Carlson championing the monstrous Cheney family to this? It isn't just Trump right?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Still confused how this "controversy" even gathered steam... since when was any of this taught in grade school? If it's not happening then what is the motivation behind banning it?
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
Yes you can. Bigger government doesn't equate to authoritarian rule. Especially when the government is made up of representatives voted on by the people. If the government is enacting the will of the majority, that's not authoritarianism. That's democracy.
Ah, yes, the old adage that this is about majority rule. Setting aside the fact that majority rule is typically the tyranny of the minority (ahem, something lefties seem to be sensitive to - minority rights), setting that aside, the only way a gov can be made larger is by increasing its control. It does not just bloat without effect. And all those laws and rules result in more and more control - that is by design. I'm not sure that's really arguable. How do you think rules are enforced? They are enforced by the like of fines at the shallow end and violence at the deep end, but even fines are further enforced by THREATS of violence/jail (jail being enforced with physical violence). The bottom line is a bigger government means more violence or at least the threat thereof, keeping the people in line with one or the other.

So, no. No, you cannot.

I also find it beyond humorous that you think your representatives actually represent you, but that's another discussion, albeit not too much of a different one.

Yeah. The Left has psychos too, but the shittiest aspects of the Left aren't running the show, lol. Whereas the current Republican party is the party of Trump. Because of him, people like Marjorie Taylor Green are par for the course now. Jan. 6th was just the start.
This is hilarious. Democrats literally run the show (as well as liberalism running academia, MSM, big tech, scientific communities, music, movies, television, essentially all media, etc etc etc). They are in the highest executive - the highest offices and cabinet positions, the highest law authorities (though I repeat myself), they have majority rule of the house, they have a tenuous majority in the senate (if you add the VP), and run most large cities (almost entirely liberal/D-run) and states (from mayors to governors of blue states, and their respective executives).

I'll give you the SC, but there's something to say about RINO's there, and the fact they don't enforce laws or make them (or budget) - and are incredibly slow to act compared to the other 2 branches - means that for the most part their existence doesn't affect the day-to-day of everyday people like you and me. Just look how they are sitting on their hands about mandates for instance. Meanwhile, enforcement of mandates DOES affect peoples' lives. And so on.

And yet Trump and Jan 6 has left you guys so irreparably broken you can't move on to see the forest for the trees.

NEWSFLASH: Trump is no longer president!

This type of denialism is painful to watch, and generally terminal.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Why exactly do you find magazine restrictions nonsensical? As in you think banning magazines of a certain capacity doesn't have the effect of reducing potential death or injury, or what?
Yes, absolutely.

So since I've responded, can I assume you have a reason to single out that one example as a line-item? If I guess correctly, do I get mod 4lyfe status?

Hmmmm, let me see... could it be 'why do you need that many rounds?'

Just curious why that in particular moved you to respond.
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Yes, absolutely.

So since I've responded, can I assume you have a reason to single out that one example as a line-item? If I guess correctly, do I get mod 4lyfe status?

Hmmmm, let me see... could it be 'why do you need that many rounds?'

Just curious why that in particular moved you to respond.
I'm curious what the reasoning behind saying that is. Someone stopping to reload more often would reduce how many potential victims they could have, no? Laws on magazine capacities have already existed, so what is the benefit to them being lifted or not existing? Other than LARPing as Arnold Schwarzenegger.
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
Not open-minded, but this was before I saw Trump's tweets and realized what a lying bigot he is. If I was open-minded, I'd have been open to Clinton as well even if I did vote for her in the end. But I've actually defended Trump few times even though I've opposed him, and if he wasn't so bigoted and full of lies, as well as have shitty supporters, him giving out $600 to people every week for few months would make me want to probably support him.
I'm morbidly curious what parts of Trump you find defensible. And being open-minded isn't necessarily a bad thing IMO.

I'm pretty objective now than I was back then, it's not my fault Republicans are just too full of shit now.
Well, I think my point is that R's don't hold the monopoly on being full of shit.

Yeah, that was what? 2015, 2016? I know far more about politics now than I did back then.
Of course, that is expected.

No, I detest centrism and associate that with right-leaning mostly, not really centrist.
Interesting. Political neutrality - as much as it were - is right-leaning? Even considering the Overton window shift....

I have not.
It's interesting. The success of the eradication of smallpox is often cited as an example of prior mandates, but it has it's own twists and turns.

The bottom line is zero-pox is possible, zero-covid is not. Let alone literally every other part of the conversation is not analogous.

Main reason why I USED to think Dems were good and Reps were bad was because back before I had any political knowledge, I shared opinions and was accused of being a Dem just because I didn't like mass shootings or just anyone being able to buy guns or cops killing people unnecessarily and getting away with it.

Now I know both suck, and I've known that for years since 2015. Oddly, it was a left leaning source and a conservatives source that I learned Obama was as bad as Trump when it came to immigrants. Trump removing protections for LGBT+ people in healthcare and not letting transgender people join the army and Biden reversing both of those are why I'd still rather vote for Dems, and it serves as a perfect example as to the difference between the two, whether or not Dems do things like that for votes only.
Like I said, at least tip of the hat for realizing D's suck. Although the 'just as much if not more than R's' seem to be a disagreement. I'll take what I can get.

Do you remember that source? I almost hate to ask.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Jubei_Kibagami said:
Ah, yes, the old adage that this is about majority rule. Setting aside the fact that majority rule is typically the tyranny of the minority (ahem, something lefties seem to be sensitive to - minority rights), setting that aside, the only way a gov can be made larger is by increasing it's control. It does not just bloat without effect. And all those laws and rules result in more and more control - that is by design. I'm not sure that's really arguable. How do you think rules are enforced? They are enforced by the like of fines at the shallow end and violence at the deep end, but even fines are further enforced by THREATS of violence/jail (jail being enforced with physical violence). The bottom line is a bigger government means more violence or at least the threat thereof, keeping the people in line with one or the other.
The argument is that nothing you've written equates to authoritarianism from any form of the definition I've ever read.

It might help if you define authoritarianism to see if we're using the same definition, because enacting the will of the people doesn't exist in my particular definition of it. And enforcing the laws/rules that come as per the people's request isn't authoritarian either. Authoritarianism, as I see it, is the taking of someone's rights because you have the authority to do so.


I also find it beyond humorous that you think your representatives actually represent you, but that's another discussion, albeit not too much of a different one.
This is a weird argument I don't know how to approach, even though I hear it from right leaning people all the time. Like "Wait, you don't trust the government do you lol?" I don't trust anyone or anything unconditionally, but I do know that the government doesn't ignore the people completely. If they did we wouldn't be picking teams.

This is hilarious. Democrats literally run the show
Did I say the left isn't in control, or did I say the psychos on the left aren't in control? These "gotcha" mistakes happen too often with you for it to not be intentional. Barring some joke about everyone on the left being psychos, I know for a fact you knew what I meant: that the Republicans put their psychos front and center on tv and in office, while the Democrats leave their psychos on like... Twitch politics streams. And then you went on to fillibuster about me being in denial about Democrats being in power, when my entire argument was that the Right embraces it's crazies now thanks to Trump... and they don't hide it, where as Democrats at least try.

That's it.

(as well as liberalism running academia, MSM, big tech, scientific communities, music, movies, television, essentially all media, etc etc etc). They are in the highest executive - the highest offices and cabinet positions, the highest law authorities (though I repeat myself), they have majority rule of the house, they have a tenuous majority in the senate (if you add the VP), and run most large cities (almost entirely liberal/D-run) and states (from mayors to governors of blue states, and their respective executives).
Yeah. There is no culture war. We are the culture. The left I mean.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki

How did we get from worms like Carlson championing the monstrous Cheney family to this? It isn't just Trump right?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Still confused how this "controversy" even gathered steam... since when was any of this taught in grade school? If it's not happening then what is the motivation behind banning it?
Probably mostly Trump, but support from his supporters for ratings and views, I guess, as well as anger for costing Reps the election?


I think Reps are against it for the same reason they cry about cancel culture, political correctness, and wokeness, for support and to piss their supporters off into stronger support for them and more hatred for the Dems.

I'm morbidly curious what parts of Trump you find defensible. And being open-minded isn't necessarily a bad thing IMO.
Nothing at all. But, a source that I trusted accused him of making a death threat to Clinton when Trump's message, as far as I know, was that she relies on guns as well, as NRA and Reps lied about her wanting to ban guns. I don't get how anyone would come to the conclusion that Trump made a threat.

And I think I mentioned this before, but Trump gave us more stimulus during 2020 than Biden has, despite promising to do stuff like that and cancelling student loans. That $600 per week under Trump helped me pay off my student loans and got rid of most of my stress, which is why I support cancelling student loans for other students.

Well, I think my point is that R's don't hold the monopoly on being full of shit.
I agree with you there. I just see them as way more full of shit than Dems.
Interesting. Political neutrality - as much as it were - is right-leaning? Even considering the Overton window shift....
If only most were politically neutral. I guess some are, though.

The bottom line is zero-pox is possible, zero-covid is not. Let alone literally every other part of the conversation is not analogous.
Zero covid is possible if people are willing to stay home for two weeks to a month, and if the government is willing to help the people stay home. I think if people had done that during the first 6-8 months of covid breaking out, it could have gone away by now.
Do you remember that source? I almost hate to ask.
I don't think so. For conservative, probably Fox News. For left, something Progressive something?
 
Top