American Politics

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
What's the alternative? I don't like incrementalism... but it's the best plan imo. If we wait for Dems to stop sucking we'll be waiting forever while the Right continues it's war on empathy.
I'm not really offering one, just that I prefer to live in reality. A reality where the majority of Democrats are ineffectual clowns whose platform serves their ability to get re-elected in 2 years, not actual reform.

Sure, it's not a bad strategy because it appeals to their base. But their base is shrinking because they're ostracizing anyone that's not a straight, white, Christian male with their policies, while pushing them over to our side. It's a good strategy for keeping certain demographics pacefied, but a bad one for appealing to many, many others.
Idk, I'm more doomer in regards to this. I don't see their base shrinking when Trump and his kind are allowed footholds in politics. It's the same garbage, just repackaged as something new.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
What's the alternative? I don't like incrementalism... but it's the best plan imo. If we wait for Dems to stop sucking we'll be waiting forever while the Right continues it's war on empathy.



Sure, it's not a bad strategy because it appeals to their base. But their base is shrinking because they're ostracizing anyone that's not a straight, white, Christian male with their policies, while pushing them over to our side. It's a good strategy for keeping certain demographics pacefied, but a bad one for appealing to many, many others.
Is their base really shrinking though? If anything, Trump caused it to shrink a bit because of how extreme he and/or his supporters were, and how badly he handled the pandemic, but I'm sure shit like "gingerbread person" and Dems failing are helping Republicans, especially if the left aren't inspired to vote for Dems.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Is their base really shrinking though? If anything, Trump caused it to shrink a bit because of how extreme he and/or his supporters were, and how badly he handled the pandemic, but I'm sure shit like "gingerbread person" and Dems failing are helping Republicans, especially if the left aren't inspired to vote for Dems.
Of course. Republicans haven't won the popular vote since like... '84, with the exception of Bush being re-elected due to a boost in "patriotism" amongst Americans after 9-11. There are too many demographics out there harmed by conservative policy for the Right to ever be as popular as the Left. And America is only getting gayer, lol.

You know what else is shrinking the Republican voter base?

Covid.

:D
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'm not really offering one, just that I prefer to live in reality. A reality where the majority of Democrats are ineffectual clowns whose platform serves their ability to get re-elected in 2 years, not actual reform.
Okay, but don't let that doomer mindset prevent you from voting at all.

Idk, I'm more doomer in regards to this. I don't see their base shrinking when Trump and his kind are allowed footholds in politics. It's the same garbage, just repackaged as something new.
To be fair, when I say the Republican base is shrinking, I don't mean it's doing so at a hasty pace. Just that socially, person-to-person, America is more liberal-leaning. When you touch grass; when you talk to people, when you play videogames, watch tv, go to the movies, go to school (college at least) culturally, even when the Right is in control, our morals and values seem to be the default accepted mindset.

Once we figure out how to deal with the electoral college, it's Star Trek time.
 

Sanity Check

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2019
Messages
2,168
Reaction score
4,691
Age
41
Country
Akatsuki
Turkey’s economic collapse threatens Europe’s stability


If you happen to invest in an emerging market debt fund, you will be exposed to losses if Turkey, whether its companies or its government, is unable to repay its debts.

All over the world, other funds, such as pension funds, have invested in Turkish debt securities, seeking the highest returns on these instruments. Those who hold fixed interest securities in local currency are already suffering large losses due to the collapse of the Turkish exchange rate. Fortunately, most of these securities are well distributed throughout the global financial system, and owners, such as pension funds and mutual funds, have not themselves borrowed money to finance their investments.

While some European banks will experience significant losses on their investments in Turkey, defaults on Turkish debt securities, whether denominated in Turkish Lira or in foreign currencies, are unlikely to create a systemic risk for the country. global financial system. These defaults on his debts are only part of a larger economic collapse that will threaten stability in the region.




.

Turkey not doing so well, it seems.

Reads similar to the evergrande situation.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
To be fair, when I say the Republican base is shrinking, I don't mean it's doing so at a hasty pace. Just that socially, person-to-person, America is more liberal-leaning. When you touch grass; when you talk to people, when you play videogames, watch tv, go to the movies, go to school (college at least) culturally, even when the Right is in control, our morals and values seem to be the default accepted mindset.

Once we figure out how to deal with the electoral college, it's Star Trek time.
Pretty much since the civil rights era America at large has been liberal-leaning, the issue is what is considered "liberal" changes from era to era. And it will always be that way until the end of time. The people in control, on both sides, do not give a shit what the default accepted mindset is until accepting it no longer threatens their hold on power.

I kinda doubt anything about the Electoral College will change in our lifetimes.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,627
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Turkey’s economic collapse threatens Europe’s stability


If you happen to invest in an emerging market debt fund, you will be exposed to losses if Turkey, whether its companies or its government, is unable to repay its debts.

All over the world, other funds, such as pension funds, have invested in Turkish debt securities, seeking the highest returns on these instruments. Those who hold fixed interest securities in local currency are already suffering large losses due to the collapse of the Turkish exchange rate. Fortunately, most of these securities are well distributed throughout the global financial system, and owners, such as pension funds and mutual funds, have not themselves borrowed money to finance their investments.

While some European banks will experience significant losses on their investments in Turkey, defaults on Turkish debt securities, whether denominated in Turkish Lira or in foreign currencies, are unlikely to create a systemic risk for the country. global financial system. These defaults on his debts are only part of a larger economic collapse that will threaten stability in the region.




.

Turkey not doing so well, it seems.

Reads similar to the evergrande situation.
This article is a bunch of nothing with random Canada/EU comparisons, as well as citing of the past events for some reason.

Turkey will pay their debts as the government has no qualms about going into hyperinflation.
And Erdogan has already threatened EU over the immigrant issue, but that empty threat isn't relevant to Europe's stability by any means. He is not going to, in desparation, let the borders open and burn the bridges with any potential foreign investors as the goal is to attract the money, not push it away further.

Turkey's crisis is following a deliberate political maneuvering. It's a controlled collapse within its own space. The aim on paper was to create a mini China cheap workforce paradise in the time of this article getting published, only for Erdogan to make a press conference and declare the government will cover the difference for any person who keeps their money in lira and has its value tanked. This lead to the massive value gained back just today, but long term, these aspirations will not hold.

Too bad Trump was such a clown that he couldn't possibly win. Him being replaced by Biden (who, by the way, has given no fucks to Turkey so far) and strained relations with Russia means Turkey has no real direction to play their usual lapdog role.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Like you can't deliberately tank bank interest rates against high inflation values, then go out on a limb to recycle a previously used and discarded obsolete model to make your currency attractive, and then expect to gain trust and earn stability back.

There isn't even a bubble in Turkey ready to burst. Turkey isn't China and will never be able to be China.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Of course. Republicans haven't won the popular vote since like... '84, with the exception of Bush being re-elected due to a boost in "patriotism" amongst Americans after 9-11. There are too many demographics out there harmed by conservative policy for the Right to ever be as popular as the Left. And America is only getting gayer, lol.

You know what else is shrinking the Republican voter base?

Covid.
Perhaps I got confused because of loud republicans misleading me into thinking there's more than enough voters. However, there's still dangerous amounts of youth republicans that'll probably grow up to be hardcore republicans just because of their parents, and they in turn could influence centrists or moderates who whine about PC culture or wokeness or whatever bullshit they think exists into becoming republican, just because these idiots don't want to respect anything that's not white, straight, Christian, or conservative. I remember reading a tweet from a kid who wasn't even born when 9/11 happened talking about happened as if he was there and knew what it felt like. This isn't the tweet I'm talking about, but I think this is the kid:

How far left are we talking? Because I've seen Democratic voters criticize the left as well, from Clinton and Biden supporters to even Warren supporters (though Bernie supporters do tend to be annoying). I don't think the left are as popular yet as Dems are, but I could be wrong. I do like USA getting gayer though,

idk how to feel about that because fuck republicans but also, this affects so many lives, and people shouldn't be dying when it can be prevented. This sympathy does not go out to people like Trump though.
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
You know what else is shrinking the Republican voter base?

Covid.

:D
Classic trash-tier post from the likes of you.

Par for the course, as usual.




"Star Trek time" indeed...
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Jubei_Kibagami said:
Classic trash-tier post from the likes of you.
Feel free to provide proof if you think I'm lying about Republicans being more prone to catching covid than Democrats are. Unless you're just big mad because I'm making fun of these suicidal fucks in which case: cry me a river. They get no sympathy from me.

M3J said:
Perhaps I got confused because of loud republicans misleading me into thinking there's more than enough voters. However, there's still dangerous amounts of youth republicans that'll probably grow up to be hardcore republicans just because of their parents, and they in turn could influence centrists or moderates who whine about PC culture or wokeness or whatever bullshit they think exists into becoming republican, just because these idiots don't want to respect anything that's not white, straight, Christian, or conservative. I remember reading a tweet from a kid who wasn't even born when 9/11 happened talking about happened as if he was there and knew what it felt like. This isn't the tweet I'm talking about, but I think this is the kid:
Let them whine. They'll always exist, and we'll never be 100% free of them, but optically, socially... even if you question a-political people about certain policies, they're predominately on "our side".

How far left are we talking? Because I've seen Democratic voters criticize the left as well, from Clinton and Biden supporters to even Warren supporters (though Bernie supporters do tend to be annoying). I don't think the left are as popular yet as Dems are, but I could be wrong. I do like USA getting gayer though,
I mean, I don't expect anyone to really push for socialism if that's what you're asking. But eventually, inch by inch, a lot of SocDem ideology could become front and center (if not by that name). The children are our future, as they say.

idk how to feel about that because fuck republicans but also, this affects so many lives, and people shouldn't be dying when it can be prevented. This sympathy does not go out to people like Trump though.
These cretins don't care enough about you to put on a god damned mask. You don't owe them SHIT. People shouldn't be dying when it can be prevented, I agree, but they aren't willing to do the bare minimum to help, so fuck 'em. They had my sympathy the first few months. Then the death toll kept climbing, and they remained defiant. No more sympathy from me.
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
Yeah, no point in doubling-down and justifying your hateful rhetoric; it speaks for itself. It's EXACTLY what I'd expect from the 'tolerant' left.

The (unobtainable) Star Trek utopia - it just needs the deaths of those that aren't compliant (lol inclusivity) and in doing so to make light of their passing. (let's just call it what you're championing - the death of old, conservative, mostly white people not incidentally)

You guys are beyond transparent.




That aside - I'm not sure why I bear the responsibility of proving out the counter to your assertion. That's not how things work, but OK. 'Oh yeah, prove me wrong!'
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

....while the Right continues it's war on empathy.
> cut to a few lines later delighting in their deaths <



lol, irony.

'but but but WE are the empathetic side!'
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Jubei_Kibagami said:
Yeah, no point in doubling-down and justifying your hateful rhetoric; it speaks for itself. It's EXACTLY what I'd expect from the 'tolerant' left.
I don't have to justify my "hateful rhetoric". It IS justified.

The (unobtainable) Star Trek utopia - it just needs the deaths of those that aren't compliant (lol inclusivity) and in doing so to make light of their passing. (let's just call it what you're championing - the death of old, conservative, mostly white people not incidentally)
I'm not championing anything. It's not like I'm secretly hoping you guys remain obstinate. I just don't feel bad that you're dying from it anymore. And that's not me trying to be mean either. I just don't feel sorry for you. I extend empathy to everyone until I learn they're unwilling to extend it to me. Then it's fuck 'em.

So fuck 'em.

You guys are beyond transparent.
Thanks, I try to be. Transparency is important.

That aside - I'm not sure why I bear the responsibility of proving out the counter to your assertion.
So you're not contesting my claim then? Why? You'll notice I said "Feel free to provide proof if you think I'm lying". That was a conditional request. You did that thing you keep doing where you intentionally misinterpret my words.
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
Also, I find it cute the thought that a younger generation automatically equates into a society full of future socialists (ugh, the thought is unnerving). As if political ideology is a fixed target.

Almost every generation has its upstarts. They are young and impressionable. They are often left-leaning. Above all they are inexperienced in the world and NAIVE.

THEN

They get married, have kids, embed into community, (some but not all) try religion, start businesses, flesh out their careers, acquire assets - homes, accounts, investments, etc, become more charitable, and...

become more conservative. Generally speaking. Not all, ofc.

It's an interesting dovetail conservatism and the above values/life goals.

It's also why pinko scum seeks the subversion of those very things. And why those that fail in those aspects (against their wishes, generally) can't succeed so they don't want you to have it that way either.

All under the guise of 'egalitarianism' or 'inclusivity' or whatever buzzword du jour you like to spew about.




It's a tale as old as political time.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I don't have to justify my "hateful rhetoric". It IS justified.
Your hate is justified? Ummm, cool? Congrats, you've come full-circle as a hypocrite complaining about any ultranationalist or whatever boogeyman you need get your fear addiction fix that equally justifies their own hate. More of the same in a different flavor. No self awareness at all...

I'm not championing anything. It's not like I'm secretly hoping you guys remain obstinate. I just don't feel bad that you're dying from it anymore. And that's not me trying to be mean either. I just don't feel sorry for you. I extend empathy to everyone until I learn they're unwilling to extend it to me. Then it's fuck 'em.

So fuck 'em.
Ambivalence or a sad acceptance is not a happy emoji. You are HAPPY they are dying. That was the context of the snip-it. Backpedal all you'd like.

Oh, and I'm not sure who 'you guys' refers to. Sounds racist. Or something.

Thanks, I try to be. Transparency is important.
Transparently hateful. I guess it's like the unrepentant, open racist. It's refreshing to not have to have them pretend otherwise. It saves a lot of time for sure.

So you're not contesting my claim then? Why? You'll notice I said "Feel free to provide proof if you think I'm lying". That was a conditional request. You did that thing you keep doing where you intentionally misinterpret my words.
Yes, I notice you compel me to defend against your attestation instead of offering up a better argument.

But I'm gladly down to talk about the theatrics and cult-like adherence from the left associated with governance that is baseless time and again.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Classic trash-tier post from the likes of you.

Par for the course, as usual.
Ridiculing people dying completely preventable deaths is something to get up in arms about. but not the sheer lack of empathy displayed by them for our nurses, doctors, teachers, or any other frontline worker that would benefit the most from increased vaccination rates?
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
Ridiculing people dying completely preventable deaths is something to get up in arms about. but not the sheer lack of empathy displayed by them for our nurses, doctors, teachers, or any other frontline worker that would benefit the most from increased vaccination rates?
Let's say for the sake of argument you are correct that the deaths are preventable. (and, no, that doesn't seem to be the case, we can argue that all day)

You're actively an apologist for, *checks notes*, "ridiculing people dying"...?




And it's the right that are the terrible people?




Beyond that I don't accept your false dichotomy. And I don't agree with your assertion about preventable deaths either, as noted.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Jubei_Kibagami said:
Your hate is justified?
If I'm so transparent, why can't you just read what I type and engage with it? Why do you have to keep sexing up my stance to make it sound worse? I even quoted "hateful rhetoric" because a lack of empathy isn't fucking hatred.

Ummm, cool? Congrats, you've come full-circle as a hypocrite complaining about any ultranationalist or whatever boogeyman you need get your fear addiction fix that equally justifies their own hate. More of the same in a different flavor. No self awareness at all...
Of course I'm self aware. I understand that some people deserve sympathy while others do not. If one subsection group of people makes a decision that hurts the group as a whole, they are showing a lack of empathy OR sympathy, and thus, don't deserve MY sympathy. Threatening the well-being of humanity is immoral from my moral framework, so I'm being morally consistent by rejecting these people. And since my moral framework is likely superior to yours (I don't know if you're some form of theist or not that's why I say likely instead of definitely), you're incapable of shaming me for this take.

No hypocrisy here.


Ambivalence or a sad acceptance is not a happy emoji.
It was a joke. A mean joke, but a joke nonetheless. Also true.

You are HAPPY they are dying. That was the context of the snip-it. Backpedal all you'd like.
I'm UNSYMPATHETIC to their dying. That was the context of the snip-it. Stop lying.

Transparently hateful. I guess it's like the unrepentant, open racist. It's refreshing to not have to have them pretend otherwise. It saves a lot of time for sure.
I'll humor you and assume I was being hateful: why should I not have feelings of hatred toward the people responsible for keeping the pandemic prominent in our lives? And why do you think me hating people like them is identical to racists and homophobes hating opposite races and or queer people?

Yes, I notice you compel me to defend against your attestation instead of offering up a better argument.

But I'm gladly down to talk about the theatrics and cult-like adherence from the left associated with governance that is baseless time and again.
Offering a better argument would have BEEN the defense against my attestation.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Let's say for the sake of argument you are correct that the deaths are preventable. (and, no, that doesn't seem to be the case, we can argue that all day)

You're actively an apologist for, *checks notes*, "ridiculing people dying"...?




And it's the right that are the terrible people?




Beyond that I don't accept your false dichotomy. And I don't agree with your assertion about preventable deaths either, as noted.
Okay you don't agree... but why not? It's just a coincidence that the vast majority of people in the hospital with covid are unvaccinated?

I'm not taking this stance to be an apologist for it, no. But I certainly find it hard to find much sympathy, outside of that which exists for their families and the medical personnel required to treat them. I just think in a discussion of empathy, it's important to be consistent.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
xi0 said:
I'm not taking this stance to be an apologist for it, no. But I certainly find it hard to find much sympathy, outside of that which exists for their families and the medical personnel required to treat them. I just think in a discussion of empathy, it's important to be consistent.
Yep at the bolded. I'm confident he knew what we meant.

And hell, I didn't even consider the families of the deceased in my statement, but the thought of them makes me even more furious, because the deceased aren't just failing to empathize with us who take the virus seriously... but they're putting their own kin in danger as well. Not just us.

And the nurses and doctors, yes.
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
If I'm so transparent, why can't you just read what I type and engage with it? Why do you have to keep sexing up my stance to make it sound worse? I even quoted "hateful rhetoric" because a lack of empathy isn't fucking hatred.
Like I said, your post spoke for itself. I don't have to sex it up. I'm sorry you feel getting called out for a shitty opinion is somehow putting words in your mouth. I guess if you classify things as such you don't have to address what you said, the way you said it. Delighting in death of political enemies is hateful no matter how you attempt to spin things (which will prove to run the gamut of: justification, joking, why nots?, 'superior moral framework' (lol), attempts to redefine the narrative with semantics games (lack of sympathy, not hatred!), and anything else you can think to muster below):

Of course I'm self aware.
Sure. I'm not sure who you're trying to convince? Your fellow lefties aren't likely to say otherwise.

I understand that some people deserve sympathy while others do not. If one subsection group of people makes a decision that hurts the group as a whole, they are showing a lack of empathy OR sympathy, and thus, don't deserve MY sympathy. Threatening the well-being of humanity is immoral from my moral framework, so I'm being morally consistent by rejecting these people.
Fascinating justification! I wonder if a racist could use similar? Maybe they'd say something like "you want me to be sympathetic to the black population when they are more likely to commit violent crimes?" Or maybe a bigot likewise could 'justify' their opinion on homosexuals with a reference to likelihood to have STDs. Or any other ancillary to whatever group. Because last I checked those that aren't vaccinated aren't avoiding it to cause harm to others if you examine their motives.

But your vile posts are self-justified just like any other hateful rhetoric that cites some factoid as justification.

And since my moral framework is likely superior to yours (I don't know if you're some form of theist or not that's why I say likely instead of definitely), you're incapable of shaming me for this take.
lol! Talk about self-righteous, holy shit. You were talking about being self-aware? Really? I guess YOU are the moral arbiter.

No hypocrisy here.
Well, if you deny it enough I guess it goes away?

It was a joke. A mean joke, but a joke nonetheless. Also true.
You delighted in the waning population of people that don't share your ideology. You even put a funny face emoji to indicate as much. You're so incredibly empathetic!

I'm sure you're cool with other blue "jokes" that make light of race/sexual alignment/whatever. It's only a joke, right?

I'm UNSYMPATHETIC to their dying. That was the context of the snip-it. Stop lying.
Don't break your leg backpedaling. The CONTEXT was that you are happy there are less of them which improves the political ratio. That is literally what you were talking about. Covid is killing off an older, generally more conservative, generation. Resulting in less votes for your political enemies. I don't have to "lie" about that to point out what is beyond obvious.

And, I agree, you're not very sympathetic, Mr. (?) empathy.

But not being sympathetic doesn't invalidate your delight. It's actually congruent with the bigger point you were making about the decreasing rates of conservatives.

I'll humor you and assume I was being hateful: why should I not have feelings of hatred toward the people responsible for keeping the pandemic prominent in our lives?
Is this where you ask a supposedly rhetorical question that exposes your true feelings? It certainly seems that way. An excuse to justify hatred.

And why do you think me hating people like them is identical to racists and homophobes hating opposite races and or queer people?
I think shitty people use shitty 'justifications' for their even shittier ideology. That's what I think. If it walks like a duck...

Offering a better argument would have BEEN the defense against my attestation.
Um, it is your responsibility to support your own narrative. You have the onus of proof. I don't have to prove you wrong. You didn't offer anything but an assertion, then demanded proof otherwise from me. Is this your first rodeo arguing online?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Okay you don't agree... but why not? It's just a coincidence that the vast majority of people in the hospital with covid are unvaccinated?
It's not turning out to be like that in populations with large portions of a vaccinated population.

What are those that are hospitalized admitted/being treated for? Were they jabbed, but not long enough ago (there was a time when stats were based off of a hospitalized group when the population hadn't largely had access to both jabs and the time after associated with being classified as vaxxed)? Had they had a prior infection (is it rather an issue of those largely having a run of the virus for the first time)?

There's a lot of inconsistencies if your argument ends at the ratio of covid positive hospitalizations.

There is a lot of data that is being left out of that discussion. How to explain the lack of deaths in the homeless. How to explain Africa being largely unscathed. How to explain the lack of change in life expectancy mortality charts used by life insurance companies. Lack of bulk deaths from hospital workers that have the most exposure. etc etc etc

And it still doesn't address their purported risk to others, vaccinated or otherwise.

I'm not taking this stance to be an apologist for it, no. But I certainly find it hard to find much sympathy, outside of that which exists for their families and the medical personnel required to treat them. I just think in a discussion of empathy, it's important to be consistent.
This is implying that I've been inconsistent. I don't recall making a reference about delighting in a supposed increased risk to healthcare workers for instance (and if you knew who I was or what I did/my family makeup you'd know the later is very much a concern of mine).

You're forcing an either-or narrative. That's not the case. One can be concerned for the population at large, healthcare workers if you'd like, AND those dying of covid, or dead, having not been vaccinated.

You know a disproportionate amount of AA's aren't jabbed. Should I delight in a black person's death when they haven't been vaccinated? By virtue of this mentality they deserve it!

Why does their motive not come into play? Do you contend that those aren't getting vaccinated to purposely harm others?

If anything, shouldn't you lament that they are being naive, or too untrusting of the government (having given everyone good reason)?

In any event, there's certainly a distinction between laughing about their dwindling numbers in the context of discussing that there are less people to oppose you politically (chalking it up as laughably good fortune), and simply having a lack of empathy/sympathy.


Yep at the bolded. I'm confident he knew what we meant.

And hell, I didn't even consider the families of the deceased in my statement, but the thought of them makes me even more furious, because the deceased aren't just failing to empathize with us who take the virus seriously... but they're putting their own kin in danger as well. Not just us.

And the nurses and doctors, yes.
I know what you meant, and I don't believe he wants to hitch his opinion to yours in the way you wish to express it. He can correct me if I'm wrong, but what I just read is a rejection to your hateful manner of making your point.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Jubei_Kibagami said:
Fascinating justification! I wonder if a racist could use similar?

Maybe they'd say something like "you want me to be sympathetic to the black population when they are more likely to commit violent crimes?" Or maybe a bigot likewise could 'justify' their opinion on homosexuals with a reference to likelihood to have STDs. Or any other ancillary to whatever group. Because last I checked those that aren't vaccinated aren't avoiding it to cause harm to others if you examine their motives.
Do you know what a false moral equivalence is by any chance? Also, I didn't say they were anti-vax because they want to hurt people. My contention is that they don't care enough about the danger they're causing to the people around them in spite of overwhelming evidence.

But your vile posts are self-justified just like any other hateful rhetoric that cites some factoid as justification.
It's like you care more about the people endangering everyone else than you do about the ones in danger. It's really fascinating.

lol! Talk about self-righteous, holy shit. You were talking about being self-aware? Really? I guess YOU are the moral arbiter.
Hey I said likely. I only have your behavior and political affiliation to work with.

You delighted in the waning population of people that don't share your ideology. You even put a funny face emoji to indicate as much. You're so incredibly empathetic!

I'm sure you're cool with other blue "jokes" that make light of race/sexual alignment/whatever. It's only a joke, right?
Yep. Did you see my response to Sanity Check's TikTok about the transwoman that he posted with a (surprise, surprise) laughing emoji making fun of what women will be under "Biden's America"? My response wasn't to go all pearl-clutching puritan crybully mode. It was a dismiss it and even joke along with him. Because I'm better than that.

Be better.

Don't break your leg backpedaling. The CONTEXT was that you are happy there are less of them which improves the political ratio. That is literally what you were talking about. Covid is killing off an older, generally more conservative, generation. Resulting in less votes for your political enemies. I don't have to "lie" about that to point out what is beyond obvious.

And, I agree, you're not very sympathetic, Mr. (?) empathy.

But not being sympathetic doesn't invalidate your delight. It's actually congruent with the bigger point you were making about the decreasing rates of conservatives.
I don't know how you consider it backpeddling if my initial claim (that I have no sympathy for these assholes) hasn't changed. It is good that the Republican party is shrinking, that's another opinion I'm consistent on. The fact that their willingness to die to own the libs is contributing to that is unfortunate (for you), but it's real.

Is this where you ask a supposedly rhetorical question that exposes your true feelings? It certainly seems that way. An excuse to justify hatred.
No, it's where you dodge my question again. Apparently.

I think shitty people use shitty 'justifications' for their even shittier ideology. That's what I think. If it walks like a duck...
That's the closest thing we've gotten to an answer to one of my questions, so there's some progress. I'll point out that when making such a general claim you can put anyone that makes any shitty decision on the same footing as a racist or homophobe, which weakens your point. That wasn't an accident on your behalf though. You know for a fact these things aren't equivalent, but don't have the balls to concede. So more vagueness it is.

Um, it is your responsibility to support your own narrative. You have the onus of proof. I don't have to prove you wrong. You didn't offer anything but an assertion, then demanded proof otherwise from me. Is this your first rodeo arguing online?
I'm an atheist, I know how the burden of proof works. The person making the claim holds the burden. And I have the proof needed to back up my claim, I just wanted you to nut up and challenge the claim. Because if you're just bitching about me being right, whey the hell am I interested in your opinion on it?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I know what you meant, and I don't believe he wants to hitch his opinion to yours in the way you wish to express it. He can correct me if I'm wrong, but what I just read is a rejection to your hateful manner of making your point.
It's the literal same opinion but nicer.
 
Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Feel free to provide proof if you think I'm lying about Republicans being more prone to catching covid than Democrats are. Unless you're just big mad because I'm making fun of these suicidal fucks in which case: cry me a river. They get no sympathy from me.



Let them whine. They'll always exist, and we'll never be 100% free of them, but optically, socially... even if you question a-political people about certain policies, they're predominately on "our side".



I mean, I don't expect anyone to really push for socialism if that's what you're asking. But eventually, inch by inch, a lot of SocDem ideology could become front and center (if not by that name). The children are our future, as they say.



These cretins don't care enough about you to put on a god damned mask. You don't owe them SHIT. People shouldn't be dying when it can be prevented, I agree, but they aren't willing to do the bare minimum to help, so fuck 'em. They had my sympathy the first few months. Then the death toll kept climbing, and they remained defiant. No more sympathy from me.
I also feel like if the right will say "omg that's socialist/communist!" even when it's actually capitalist, the apolitical people might oppose and agree with the right. I don't know much about socialism or communism, but they seem to have such a bad rep, and USA brainwashing people to oppose communism for decades is probably a huge reason why. I've seen people oppose what's good for them or change their minds simply because someone else said the idea was communistic or socialistic.


I know, I agree, but still. And on top of that, so many families that have lost people, even when they did vaccinate and put on mask. I don't like the idea of kids losing a parent or both parents either way, unless they're better off. Other than that, I'm finding it harder and harder to care about these twats given how willing they are to put others at risk.

Yeah, no point in doubling-down and justifying your hateful rhetoric; it speaks for itself. It's EXACTLY what I'd expect from the 'tolerant' left.
"ToLeRaNt LeFt" cried any right winger when called out on hateful or bigoted rhetoric. "I can't believe these leftists won't let me be racist, homophobic, or sexist in peace! I FEEL SO ATTACKED!"
Let's say for the sake of argument you are correct that the deaths are preventable. (and, no, that doesn't seem to be the case, we can argue that all day)
Holy fucking shit

The deaths are preventable, and if you're refuting this obvious fact then you're even dumber than I thought. The main reason why the death toll is so high is because of selfish shitheads that won't mask up even to protect others because it" inconveniences" them. No freedom is lost over wearing a mask, yet these people, the right, will CRY like little babies about it. And despite claiming to be pro-life, they're the exact opposite.

You'd think after noticing the amount of anti-masker republicans getting covid and dying compared to pro-mask democrats, they'd realize that mask is a good way to stay safe but nope. They'll remain being fucktards as usual and then cry victim.

Oh let's not forget how the right said comparing immigrants' detention center to concentration camps was offensive to the Jewish people (even though it's a fact that it is), but they have no problem victimizing themselves and claiming the way they're being treated for being anti-vax/mask is how the Jewish were treated during the Holocaust, despite the two being completely different things.

Fucking embarrassments. And you're probably gonna cry about how I'm "mean" to the right, while you were bashing some of us that you didn't agree with.
 
Top