American Politics

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany

Sanity Check

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2019
Messages
2,169
Reaction score
4,708
Age
41
Country
Akatsuki
What the hell is wrong with you?

I care more about preventing crisis.

Than reacting to crisis, when its too late to fix things. Like most.

All of the things people complain about today, are things I was trying to prevent like 10 years ago.


That's just proving his point lol. Removing him from twitter didn't cancel him. For fuck's sake that orange cunt has a rally TODAY. How is he canceled if the shittiest half of the country still worship him like he's a deity?

If they could find a way to cancel his rallies, they would.

It doesn't mean he's not being cancelled.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What do you think being cancelled means?
 

Sanity Check

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2019
Messages
2,169
Reaction score
4,708
Age
41
Country
Akatsuki
What do you think being cancelled means?

They cancel you everywhere, they can get away with it.

Didn't they try to block the road to cancel Trump's Mt. Rushmore rally.



See ^

They have been trying to cancel Trump's rallies.

Happy now?
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
They cancel you everywhere, they can get away with it.

Didn't they try to block the road to cancel Trump's Mt. Rushmore rally.
That doesn't answer my question. I asked you what canceling means. What does it mean to cancel someone? What is the result of a cancellation? What are the consequences of being cancelled?
 

Sanity Check

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2019
Messages
2,169
Reaction score
4,708
Age
41
Country
Akatsuki
That doesn't answer my question. I asked you what canceling means. What does it mean to cancel someone? What is the result of a cancellation? What are the consequences of being cancelled?

You initially claimed Trump wasn't being cancelled.

Stick to the topic.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You initially claimed Trump wasn't being cancelled.

Stick to the topic.
I said he wasn't canceled. You said he was. I'm on topic. You're obfuscating.

What does it mean to be canceled? You have to have an idea of what a cancelation looks like in order to claim it happened to Trump. So what is it?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Your next response isn't gonna be an actual answer so I'll just tell you. To cancel someone means to make them irrelevant in the social sphere by using their actions as justification for exiling them from the public eye.

So, in order for someone to be canceled, they need to have been removed from the public eye due to the rage of the masses calling for their removal.

Has Donald Trump been shamed out of the public eye? Has he been removed from the discourse? Has he lost his social standing?
 

DeadCosmos

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2022
Messages
750
Reaction score
1,296
Age
26
Country
United States
There wasnt much to do about Ukraine since Russia is apparently really weak. Ukraine dealt with their owb problem. Good job to them! Russia has just destroyed itself. Putin is worse thamn Brandon at this point, its crazy!
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
@Sanity Check: I'll answer for you again because you're allergic to being honest: no. He still has millions sucking at his orange teet. He hasn't been canceled.
 

Sanity Check

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2019
Messages
2,169
Reaction score
4,708
Age
41
Country
Akatsuki
I said he wasn't canceled. You said he was. I'm on topic. You're obfuscating.

What does it mean to be canceled? You have to have an idea of what a cancelation looks like in order to claim it happened to Trump. So what is it?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Your next response isn't gonna be an actual answer so I'll just tell you. To cancel someone means to make them irrelevant in the social sphere by using their actions as justification for exiling them from the public eye.

So, in order for someone to be canceled, they need to have been removed from the public eye due to the rage of the masses calling for their removal.

Has Donald Trump been shamed out of the public eye? Has he been removed from the discourse? Has he lost his social standing?

They cancelled Trump, as much as they could.

More than the US constitution, rights and freedoms afforded americans, should have allowed.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
...

...

If I say something banworthy on this site, and I'm removed from the site... was my constitutional right to freedom of speech violated?
 

Sanity Check

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2019
Messages
2,169
Reaction score
4,708
Age
41
Country
Akatsuki
...

...

If I say something banworthy on this site, and I'm removed from the site... was my constitutional right to freedom of speech violated?


You gave up trying to prove Trump wasn't cancelled.

That's all I wanted.

Thx.

...

I would NEVER support banning anyone for speaking their mind and having opinions.

Democrats however, can't say the same.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You gave up trying to prove Trump wasn't cancelled.

That's all I wanted.

Thx.
I stopped because you conceded. Forfeit faster next time if you want me to stop sooner lol.
 

Sanity Check

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2019
Messages
2,169
Reaction score
4,708
Age
41
Country
Akatsuki
I stopped because you conceded. Forfeit faster next time if you want me to stop sooner lol.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I stopped because you conceded. Forfeit faster next time if you want me to stop sooner lol.





This describes Trump's social media ban, better than I ever could.


:invalid
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
He hasn't lost his tongue, he lost the right to use his tongue on twitter. He didn't lose his free speech, he lost the ability to use that free speech on twitter's platform.

Do you even care what the constitution says?
 

DeadCosmos

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2022
Messages
750
Reaction score
1,296
Age
26
Country
United States
Democrats however, can't say the same.
xD I know what you mean!! As much as I hate censorship, I think it might be necessary at some times especially on internet. Seems like everyone censors others in some way anyways, republicans included ofcourse. I wouldn't wanna go on this forum for example and have a bunch of spamming and other languages to the point where it is unreadable. I dont want to see flat earth either!!
Multiple times I got blocked by republican people at my school, I have first hand expierence, they are hypocrites and liars!!
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It is actually a good discussion to try to differentiate between cancelling and just being criticized.

Certainly, being cancelled is broader than being deplatformed. When you get shitstormed to hell and people do not want to associate with you anymore, or you become a pariah to some people, that should count as cancellation.

Contrapoints for example did not lose her successful youtube channel, still, being shitstormed on twitter by the trans community that she was part of is hurtful and being accused to be transphobe (with many people believing it) without any real substance is cancellation.

On the other hand, not everyone who is shitstormed is cancelled. If you say or do a horrible thing and people get angry about it, that is fair game.

In my opinion, being cancelled starts when a shitstorm becomes a witchhunt that goes against you as a person rather than being upset about certain behavior because it is an argument that needs to be done.

As an example: A celebrity says something racist on twitter and gets a shitstorm for it (think whoopie goldberg) and then she apollogizes and the situation ceases, I think even if she loses her job, that is not cancellation but outrage about a comment.
The point here is that the outrage was because of a comment she actually did and it was relevant for her losing her job and being critisized.

Another example would be that a celebrity has done s th weird in the past (james gunn comments) and it gets played into something it was not. James Gunn made edgy comments on twitter a long time ago in which he joked about pedophilia. Not cool, but it was long ago and certainly there is no reason to believe Gunn embraces pedophilia or is a pedophile. Digging these comments up itself is already questionable, because there is no ongoing behavior Gunn did that he could cease to do. It was just to hurt him.
If then a lot of people swarm him and call him a pedophile without even knowing what he actually said, THAT is cancel culture.

The question is not so much, to me, whether the person being cancelled is fine after it or not. The question is whether they are misrepresented and/or the aim of the shitstorm is to hurt them and shun them, rather than for them to stop an ongoing behavior or apologize for one concrete thing.

And that kind of culture, that kind of witchhunt culture, exists throughout the political spectrum.
 

DeadCosmos

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2022
Messages
750
Reaction score
1,296
Age
26
Country
United States

The constitution is already gone. It disappeared a long time ago because republicans would not do anything to save it, so much for that!
 

Sanity Check

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2019
Messages
2,169
Reaction score
4,708
Age
41
Country
Akatsuki
...

...

If I say something banworthy on this site, and I'm removed from the site...

It would mean you got cancelled.

By atheist jehova's witnesses pushing their politics on the internet.


:toc
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Contrapoints is one example who was cancelled by the trans community. The Convoluted Politics of Canceling ContraPoints | by A. Khaled | Medium
They continued releasing videos, is still active on Twitter. So... they weren't deplatformed or anything, so how exactly were they cancelled?

For every person that you could make the argument for being unfairly "cancelled" there are 1000 people who received backlash for something they did or said. That's not some unique mistreatment worthy of having a term invented for it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And that kind of culture, that kind of witchhunt culture, exists throughout the political spectrum.
It does, but that is not how it's utilized. This is why I think having an emphasis on the term itself ends up being moot most of the time. In practice, invoking cancel culture is usually someone being insensitive or ignorant and not owning up to it. And instead making a cottage industry out of crying about the "introlerance of the tolerant".
--- Double Post Merged, ---

So much of our existence these days is spent being terminally online, most often out of necessity. That's not changing any time soon. "Cancel culture" is just emergent behavior because of that. That is the main reason, the method of discourse has just changed.
 
Top