It cannot be denied, my consoomer brain rly just glanced over the comics as I scrolled the tl. Felt both silly and a bit betrayed when you pointed out to me their nature 
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Why is "deradicalize them" on the menu? I can't speak to Vaush as much necessarily, but I've rarely ever got the impression that Destiny does what he does to deradicalize people or change hearts and minds. He does what he does because he likes debating and it's a nice circus act.Likewise, dehumanizing them makes it harder to deradicalize them, because the only people treating them like human beings are the nazi's that are inflating their egos and persecution complex.
Yeah... I tell myself it's a little column A, a little column B. He claims he doesn't debate to change the minds of the people he debates, but to change the minds of the people in said opponent's audience. Hence treating Nick Fuentes in a humane manner, because if someone thinks you hate them (or have been indoctrinated into hating you), nothing you can say that they'll seriously consider introspecting about. For example, I'd be more open to a street preacher proselytizing to me in a cordial manner than I would someone from Westboro Baptist Church carrying anti-LGBTQ hate signs.Why is "deradicalize them" on the menu? I can't speak to Vaush as much necessarily, but I've rarely ever got the impression that Destiny does what he does to deradicalize people or change hearts and minds. He does what he does because he likes debating and it's a nice circus act.
I'm skeptical... but cautiously optimistic. Because even if we can't change their minds, we need these conversations to take place so people can see their ideas destroyed in public. And the only ones willing to do this is people like Destiny and Vaush so... I stay tuned in. Because at the very least, they give me rhetorical skills for conversations with my predominately conservative co-workers. I haven't turned any of them into socdems, but I get them to fact-check bullshit claims they heard on facebook for the week (like the kitty litter in elementary schools thing), and have explained the difference between sex and gender in ways that made them less apprehensive about trans people. So for whatever little bit of help it's causing, it IS a help. It's benefitting me I think.But in general, I don't think it's in either of their interests, or anyone else's to arrive at some sort of consensus with these kinds of people. But yeah, I get that it's a stated goal but I just don't buy it.
No but he was obviously posturing to do so by being an anti-Trump, "sane" Republican in the latter part of his final term as governor. So unless he's had a reoccurrence of cancer, he's likely just kotowing to the donors who don't want him to run against Trump or DeSantis.Why coward? I don't really know who the guy is so i am not sure of what in there points to cowardice? Did he promise to run?
Yeah, I was always kinda leaning towards him just claiming to be anti-Trump because he saw the way the winds were blowing and thought it'd be lucrative to get ahead of said wind and let it carry him all the way to the White House. That he's only ducking out because he realized that it wasn't gonna pay off because Trump still has a rabid enough fanbase (even amongst the politicians) that it's not worth the fight. Fuck integrity and standing for something more. He saw an opportunity to capitalize on Trump hate.No but he was obviously posturing to do so by being an anti-Trump, "sane" Republican in the latter part of his final term as governor. So unless he's had a reoccurrence of cancer, he's likely just kotowing to the donors who don't want him to run against Trump or DeSantis.
Republicans use the term terrorist too loosely I think. I had a co-worker who believed all Muslims were terrorists because they preach anti-Christian rhetoric which equates to anti-American rhetoric because we're a "Christian nation."kckk said:Thoughts on the US treating cartels as terrorists?
All good politicking reeks of opportunism, but at least in his case it wasn't him being blatantly hypocritical in order to draw attention to himself. He's always operated as a "moderate", as he needs to in order to get anything done in MD. At its worst, you could say that unlike Trump and other MAGA-adjacent candidates he avoids saying the quiet part out loud. But hey, in my opinion that's all Republicans whether anyone wants to admit it or not, some at least care about appearing less than rabid when it comes to no-brainer social issues of no real consequence to the tried and true conservative agenda - hoarding wealth, deregulation, and starving the government.Yeah, I was always kinda leaning towards him just claiming to be anti-Trump because he saw the way the winds were blowing and thought it'd be lucrative to get ahead of said wind and let it carry him all the way to the White House. That he's only ducking out because he realized that it wasn't gonna pay off because Trump still has a rabid enough fanbase (even amongst the politicians) that it's not worth the fight. Fuck integrity and standing for something more. He saw an opportunity to capitalize on Trump hate.
That was just my opinion though.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
It does have some entertaining parallels when it comes to the modern war on terror though. Problem created by the US Government and its allies? Check. CIA assets being involved? Check. A truly dire geopolitical ordeal being used as a political football to sow further division? Check.![]()
Bill Barr likens Mexican drug cartels to ISIS, demands Biden send military
“These narco-terrorist groups are more like ISIS than like the American mafia,” Barr, 72, wrote in a Wall Street Journal op-ed.nypost.com
Thoughts on the US treating cartels as terrorists?
Find it interesting that she (or any Jewish person, for that matter) writes for Deseret, which is owned by the Church of Latter Day Saints, who famously believe that while also being Israelites themselves (somehow), the Jews are being punished in perpetuity for the crucifixion by God until they repent and convert to Mormonism.
"This is one of those clips that are gonna go viral." LMFAO
She claims later that she was thrown off because while she was waiting to start her interview she heard Brianna complaining about motherhood or some shit?Find it interesting that she (or any Jewish person, for that matter) writes for Deseret, which is owned by the Church of Latter Day Saints, who famously believe that while also being Israelites themselves (somehow), the Jews are being punished in perpetuity for the crucifixion by God until they repent and convert to Mormonism.
I guess it doesn't matter if someone gives you an outlet to cry about wokeness.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
6 kids?? Hit dog will holler I guess...She claims later that she was thrown off because while she was waiting to start her interview she heard Brianna complaining about motherhood or some shit?
![]()
Conservative Blames Her âWokeâ Flub on âNastyâ Hot Mic Diss
Bethany Mandel claimed a host’s “colorful and nasty” remarks about parenting before they went on air led to her freezing up when asked to define conservatism’s favorite buzzword.www.thedailybeast.com
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I can't laugh too hard at the premise, but it seems woefully naive to compare any of those situations to what she experienced as a kid on the school bus. It's more important that we teach kids tolerance and our actual history. Can't really rely on people who have the patience to deal with hate face-to-face.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---