I'm just saying, it's horseshit what USA and the west are doing
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The legal system in general probably needs tort reform of some kind but Trump was found liable for sexual abuse, battery, and defamation both times she sued him, so idk![]()
Donald Trump must pay an additional $83.3 million to E. Jean Carroll in defamation case, jury says
Former President Donald Trump must pay an additional $83.3 million to E. Jean Carroll in defamation case.apnews.com
Haven't kept up with US politics nowadays... Does this make any sense?
But...is this kosher? I remember at the time of the original trial thinking that this was just his word against hers and people to whom she told her version and there was no way this holds up in an appeal (evidence for this sort of thing is tricky even with the lower bar of a civil case). But now... He lost a defamation case for saying he didn't sexually abuse her? I don't get it.The legal system in general probably needs tort reform of some kind but Trump was found liable for sexual abuse, battery, and defamation both times she sued him, so idk
Do you really think that Trump responded in a bare minimum way to the allegations and somehow that would amount to defamation? I'm going to plead ignorance on the minutiae when it comes to these cases, but I don't feel like it's farfetched that he'd defame someone in an effort to defend himself. He's lucky he has money because no lawyer would willingly take cases on involving him. He has to be the worst client on planet earth.But...is this kosher? I remember at the time of the original trial thinking that this was just his word against hers and people to whom she told her version and there was no way this holds up in an appeal (evidence for this sort of thing is tricky even with the lower bar of a civil case). But now... He lost a defamation case for saying he didn't sexually abuse her? I don't get it.
Some super far-left kids did, and are taking credit for Biden looking bad in polls. I think they imagine there are a lot more Muslims in America than there are, OR... they think that there are a lot more places in America that are super far left like they are, where the sentiment concerning Biden based on his Israel/Palestine stance is that "we can't vote for this genocidal monster". Just felt like there needed to be a reminder of what world we actually live in.Maybe I'm lost but what exactly is the point of comparing turnout in a Democratic Primary for an incumbent vs 2020? It's like 1/5th the turnout by comparison and there's zero steam behind any of these challengers. Or did people expect some sort of indictment on Biden shown in the results?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
--- Double Post Merged, ---
--- Double Post Merged, ---