American Politics

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I have a friend who supports RFK and is pissed off at the Dems for not giving him a chance and going with Harris automatically. Dude won't even vote in the election because of this, which to me makes no sense. But then again, he likes to claim pragmatism and being a moderate/centrist, sooo.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I have a friend who supports RFK and is pissed off at the Dems for not giving him a chance and going with Harris
More people would have been angry and offended if Kamala Harris had been looked over anyway even then RFJ left the Democratic party in Oct 2023 he wasn't going to be an option anyway. He wasn't even going to be in ever state ballot and was not even financially afloat.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
eh, RFK was never a good choice, so I don't get why some people expected him to be nominated or be in the running.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Then they can't whine about not getting votes from Palestinians and Muslims, especially when republicans already make shit up anyway, like claiming Harris and Biden are left or communist or whatever. Plus, that logic makes no sense when Harris herself has made it clear she thinks Israel has a right to defend itself and that USA will continue to help Israel commit genocide.
We're not whining about not getting their votes, we're mad about WHY we're not getting their votes. I can understand dismissing an American presidential candidate because of their policy positions affecting America/Americans. I can't understand dismissing an American presidential candidate because of the decisions that they aren't willing to make conscerning people outSIDE of America. Unless of course you're Palestinian American... and then it's just a numbers game. There's less of you than there are us. Democracy dictates your cries go unanswered, sorry to say.

So what do you do when you want your silent cries to be heard? You start fucking shit up for everyone else. And that's where we are right now. Palestinian activists trying to hold our democracy hostage.

It would be like if all of Black America decided not to vote Democrat this election until Biden signs a bill guaranteeing slavery reperations for all Black Americans. Of course I want reparations but I'm not willing to destroy your life, or the lives of women and LGBTQ+ members to get it M3J.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
As I've said, LGBT+ members, women, and minorities have lost their rights in several states under Biden, who didn't even seem to fight back. Whether it's the Dems' fault or not, they're the ones in power, and thus they'll be blamed.

On top of that, what's going on in Israel and in the concentration camps that Palestinians are in also affect Palestinians and Muslims in other countries, like USA. Because Biden and Harris keep spreading lies, Palestinian Americans and Muslims have been targeted and attacked. not to mention the fact that USA keeps sending weapons and billions of dollars to Israel instead of using the money to help its citizens.

Dems this year have shown just how bad they are at politics, especially when their main argument is, "good luck having Trump as president then! 😠 " Not to mention, the DNC attendees got covid as well 💀 Horrible showing, especially if they want to win over never-Trump republicans and centrists/moderates.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
As I've said, LGBT+ members, women, and minorities have lost their rights in several states under Biden, who didn't even seem to fight back. Whether it's the Dems' fault or not, they're the ones in power, and thus they'll be blamed.
How the hell is letting the people that want things like this to happen back in power any better? I don't think you understand that you're justifying making life for everyone worse by saying "Well, relying on Democrats wasn't a perfect defense against injustice so we might as well rely on the bad guys instead." If they think the way you do they absolutely deserve to be blamed and shamed out of the country.

They should be relocated to the Gaza Strip since it's so much more important to them than America is.

On top of that, what's going on in Israel and in the concentration camps that Palestinians are in also affect Palestinians and Muslims in other countries, like USA. Because Biden and Harris keep spreading lies, Palestinian Americans and Muslims have been targeted and attacked. not to mention the fact that USA keeps sending weapons and billions of dollars to Israel instead of using the money to help its citizens.
So have American Jews. And you don't maintain fellowship with a nation by cutting your aid to them in order to help their enemy.

Dems this year have shown just how bad they are at politics, especially when their main argument is, "good luck having Trump as president then! 😠
THAT SHOULD BE E-FUCKING-NOUGH.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,289
Reaction score
24,922
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Hmmm, democrats definitely seem wildly optimistic about harris' chances of beating trump. I suppose that's to be expected though to me it doesn't seem likely that she will win. Maybe my read of the times is wrong but I don't get the impression that swing voters feel trump is as threatening as he was before and harris is not really someone that generates any amount of excitement to democrat bases. Harris definitely has a chance in fairness, much more than biden.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hmmm, democrats definitely seem wildly optimistic about harris' chances of beating trump. I suppose that's to be expected though to me it doesn't seem likely that she will win. Maybe my read of the times is wrong but I don't get the impression that swing voters feel trump is as threatening as he was before and harris is not really someone that generates any amount of excitement to democrat bases. Harris definitely has a chance in fairness, much more than biden.
Is the bolded opinion based on Harris' past, or the current reaction to her nomination? Because if it's based on the current climate I'm genuinely curious where you got that opinion from. Maybe that'll be the case once the hype of not being afraid of Biden losing the presidency dies down, but as far as I can see everyone's thanking their lucky stars that she's the candidate.

We could even argue that it's the Harris-Walz ticket that's the real draw, not Harris herself. Walz is easily the superstar and there's no one that dislikes him. She can coast on his wave (which seems to be the plan).
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,289
Reaction score
24,922
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Is the bolded opinion based on Harris' past, or the current reaction to her nomination? Because if it's based on the current climate I'm genuinely curious where you got that opinion from. Maybe that'll be the case once the hype of not being afraid of Biden losing the presidency dies down, but as far as I can see everyone's thanking their lucky stars that she's the candidate.

We could even argue that it's the Harris-Walz ticket that's the real draw, not Harris herself. Walz is easily the superstar and there's no one that dislikes him. She can coast on his wave (which seems to be the plan).
As I said, that's just my subjective read of the situation, which might be wrong. Obviously democrats are happy that she and not biden is the candidate. But this isn't about the voters that democrats would have regardless of candidate but rather the ones for whom there's a decision to make. And Harris was not too popular to begin with even among democrats so to me it's somewhat of a hard sell that she is set to be a hit with swing voters. Your suggestion that the plan might be for harris to coast on walz' wave doesn't sound like harris can stand on her own here. As vile as trump is the reality is that the wave is his and the rest of republicans are riding it.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
We've had so many recalls in the past few years, and apparently that's linked to Trump Admin rolling back consumer protections and republicans trying to reduce the protection agencies' reach so companies can cut corners and maximize profits. Biden's kinda been fighting for the consumers, and I think Harris at least doesn't want to do more harm like Trump's second presidency would likely do, so that should be another reason to vote for her. Feels like at some point, Boeing could get worse in terms of safety, and if they don't get punished then we'll see even more companies cut corners.

Also, Tulsi Gabbard became a Trump supporter, which confirms her being a terrible choice as a president.


But for all the bitching and whining Dems do about the left not wanting to support their candidates, would the Dems support a left candidate like Sanders or Warren? :hmm
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,289
Reaction score
24,922
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Boeing has been doing poorly since before trump.. it's a company that got complacent over it being basically too important to fail. Pair that with inept leadership. Conventionally a client would by now drop a crappy supplier but there's basically no one to replace boeing with afaik.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
But for all the bitching and whining Dems do about the left not wanting to support their candidates, would the Dems support a left candidate like Sanders or Warren?
Literally yes, provided they were the nominated candidate.

Blue No Matter Who isn't a catchy phrase, it's a position on who someone's political leanings obligate them to vote for. I will vote for the Democratic Presidential Candidate no matter who it is.

For fuck's sake, if Donald Trump was the Democratic nominee I'd vote for his racist ass. And when people ask me "Hey, why'd you vote for the racist? I thought Democrats hated that shit" I'll say "Because I don't vote for people, I vote for policy."

Like a fucking boss. This is the one reason I don't view all Trump voters as irredeemable monsters. Because if you're a Conservative and you wanna win, you get one guy you get to vote for, or see the world run by your political opponents for potentially 8 years. I'd bite that bullet too if I had to.

And for the record: I wanted Bernie, but I was never Bernie or Bust.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Boeing has been doing poorly since before trump.. it's a company that got complacent over it being basically too important to fail. Pair that with inept leadership. Conventionally a client would by now drop a crappy supplier but there's basically no one to replace boeing with afaik.

I don't know what you mean by "no one to replace Boeing with," if you have a different criteria or not, but a quick Google search shows there's at least three more companies in the industry. I always thought it was just Airbus, but apparently not.


Still doesn't change the fact that another Trump presidency could literally allow Boeing to get worse without repercussion and encourage other companies to keep cutting even more corners.

Literally yes, provided they were the nominated candidate.

Blue No Matter Who isn't a catchy phrase, it's a position on who someone's political leanings obligate them to vote for. I will vote for the Democratic Presidential Candidate no matter who it is.

For fuck's sake, if Donald Trump was the Democratic nominee I'd vote for his racist ass. And when people ask me "Hey, why'd you vote for the racist? I thought Democrats hated that shit" I'll say "Because I don't vote for people, I vote for policy."

Like a fucking boss. This is the one reason I don't view all Trump voters as irredeemable monsters. Because if you're a Conservative and you wanna win, you get one guy you get to vote for, or see the world run by your political opponents for potentially 8 years. I'd bite that bullet too if I had to.

And for the record: I wanted Bernie, but I was never Bernie or Bust.
I've seen plenty of blues fight hard against Sanders and Warren, Dems and the left were literally at war with each other in 2016.

If you vote for policy, then why would you vote for Trump when you just said he's a racist? Do you agree with those policies?
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I've seen plenty of blues fight hard against Sanders and Warren, Dems and the left were literally at war with each other in 2016.

If you vote for policy, then why would you vote for Trump when you just said he's a racist? Do you agree with those policies?
Trump has no policy positions, he has populist rhetoric and does what his base wants because that makes them love him. He could do the same for Dems in this hypothetical scenario. Afterall, he's been a lifelong Democrat.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,289
Reaction score
24,922
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation

I don't know what you mean by "no one to replace Boeing with," if you have a different criteria or not, but a quick Google search shows there's at least three more companies in the industry. I always thought it was just Airbus, but apparently not.


Still doesn't change the fact that another Trump presidency could literally allow Boeing to get worse without repercussion and encourage other companies to keep cutting even more corners.



I've seen plenty of blues fight hard against Sanders and Warren, Dems and the left were literally at war with each other in 2016.

If you vote for policy, then why would you vote for Trump when you just said he's a racist? Do you agree with those policies?
Boeing specifically for a variety of reasons is a company critical to US security interests and it has strategic importance in other areas. Part of the issue with replacing it is that there isn't a US company that can fit into the role or take over by itself. Add to that the number of high playing jobs it has and it's overall roll in the market as a technology monster (a role at which it currently sucks). Airbus is from the netherlands, lockheed martin makes military stuff. My point wasn't that there weren't any other companies in the entire planet that does what boeing does, obviously there are.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Trump has no policy positions, he has populist rhetoric and does what his base wants because that makes them love him. He could do the same for Dems in this hypothetical scenario. Afterall, he's been a lifelong Democrat.
I mean, he does have a history of racism and supporting businesses over people. Not to mention, the way he ripped off businesses that his businesses did business with, claiming to not have enough money to pay in full. I highly doubt he'd even think about going liberal

Boeing specifically for a variety of reasons is a company critical to US security interests and it has strategic importance in other areas. Part of the issue with replacing it is that there isn't a US company that can fit into the role or take over by itself. Add to that the number of high playing jobs it has and it's overall roll in the market as a technology monster (a role at which it currently sucks). Airbus is from the netherlands, lockheed martin makes military stuff. My point wasn't that there weren't any other companies in the entire planet that does what boeing does, obviously there are.
That would not mean they wouldn't get fined and be forced to check the quality of their products better, especially when it affects consumers and their safety.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I mean, he does have a history of racism and supporting businesses over people. Not to mention, the way he ripped off businesses that his businesses did business with, claiming to not have enough money to pay in full. I highly doubt he'd even think about going liberal
So did Biden. And Clinton. And I bet I could find examples of Kamala having internalized racism thanks to her hard stance on criminals. And I know he wouldn't go liberal, this is a hypothetical. The point of the comparison is that I would happily vote for a bad guy if it put the good guys on top in the long run.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,289
Reaction score
24,922
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
That would not mean they wouldn't get fined and be forced to check the quality of their products better, especially when it affects consumers and their safety.
Boeing has been getting away with shit for the better part of a decade (that I know of at least). It's been years since the first time there were quality issues with boeing airplanes(disclaimer: I don't know anything about other segments where boeing has business). People have died and boeing basically gets away with it with a slap on the wrist. When this first made the news years back it was revealed that the issue with some airplanes that had accidents was in their design. Boeing's solution to this design error was to update the airplane's software to adjust for that design flaw. One of the whistleblowers against boeing was asked in an interview what it would take to get him on one of the company's airplane models (I don't recall which one) and he said (paraphrasing a bit) that boeing would need to ground every model of that airplane and fix every one. The stuff that's going on with boeing and the treatment it gets from the government is not normal.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
So did Biden. And Clinton. And I bet I could find examples of Kamala having internalized racism thanks to her hard stance on criminals. And I know he wouldn't go liberal, this is a hypothetical. The point of the comparison is that I would happily vote for a bad guy if it put the good guys on top in the long run.
Yes, but the problem is, Trump would likely try to actually be more openly racist and put forward racist policies as he was doing, and as Biden has been continuing. Hell, he could be the smoke and mirror for Dems to actually support racist policies behind the scenes while pretending to oppose it

Boeing has been getting away with shit for the better part of a decade (that I know of at least). It's been years since the first time there were quality issues with boeing airplanes(disclaimer: I don't know anything about other segments where boeing has business). People have died and boeing basically gets away with it with a slap on the wrist. When this first made the news years back it was revealed that the issue with some airplanes that had accidents was in their design. Boeing's solution to this design error was to update the airplane's software to adjust for that design flaw. One of the whistleblowers against boeing was asked in an interview what it would take to get him on one of the company's airplane models (I don't recall which one) and he said (paraphrasing a bit) that boeing would need to ground every model of that airplane and fix every one. The stuff that's going on with boeing and the treatment it gets from the government is not normal.
From what I've heard, the quality dropped under new management as they replaced people who actually knew shit with people who knew how to cut corners and save money.



smh
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States

Kid had some pretty interesting videos about daily life in Gaza. 19 years old is too young to get murdered by shrapnel from a bomb.

This is probably the saddest part:


During the war, his family were forced to live in a tent in Rafah with about 1.5 million other refugees.

Palestinians report having to pay about $A8000 per person to cross Gaza’s border with Egypt for safety.

Halimy said his goal to raise $US100,000 was for his family to escape Gaza and to help pay for the living expenses for some time afterwards.

So far almost $89,000 has been raised.


He was almost out.

Here's his final interview:

 
Top