American Politics

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States

LMFAO
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Man, Trumpy's townhall meeting was weird af. Just 4 minutes of standing around and "dancing" after two questions. Imagine if Biden had done this. Or Kamala for that matter. The Newspapers would have ripped them into shreds.
That wasn't 4 minutes, it was closer to 40. You might've been watching an edit. And this is after 2 seperate medical emergencies where people fainted.

--- Double Post Merged, ---



I hate this motherfucker so god damn much.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki

What does Harris's team mean by this?
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Exactly what it says: that Trump has spent millions on anti-Trans ads, despite the fact that when he was president, his administration still allowed for prisons to give gender-affirming care to it's prisoners.

Meaning if you're a transphobe that Trump was trying to bring over to his side by saying "Kamala Harris is gonna make us pay for radical sex change operations for migrant prisoners!" (which he keeps saying at his rallies, btw), then you're being lied to because Trump was already allowing that too.

The point is to show that Trump will say anything to his voter base because he thinks they're all dumb.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,925
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Is transgender care in prisons something trump could have done away with a signature? It doesn't sound like something he could have done but I might be mistaken. IIRC trump did ban trans folk from the military and reduced women's role in it as well. Not sure of what kamala's HQ is but I am pretty sure that twit doesn't really cater to anyone.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Is transgender care in prisons something trump could have done away with a signature? It doesn't sound like something he could have done but I might be mistaken. IIRC trump did ban trans folk from the military and reduced women's role in it as well. Not sure of what kamala's HQ is but I am pretty sure that twit doesn't really cater to anyone.
I would've said the same thing about banning them from the military, but he pulled it off. You could argue that the prison system, much like the military, is heavily right-leaning, so they'd be willing to work with him if he tried. I just don't know if he tried.

As for Kamala HQ, it is the official twitter of the Kamala Harris campaign.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Exactly what it says: that Trump has spent millions on anti-Trans ads, despite the fact that when he was president, his administration still allowed for prisons to give gender-affirming care to it's prisoners.

Meaning if you're a transphobe that Trump was trying to bring over to his side by saying "Kamala Harris is gonna make us pay for radical sex change operations for migrant prisoners!" (which he keeps saying at his rallies, btw), then you're being lied to because Trump was already allowing that too.

The point is to show that Trump will say anything to his voter base because he thinks they're all dumb.
They need to communicate that though, because a lot of people are now wondering if Harris is against gender-affirming care or whatnot
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
They need to communicate that though, because a lot of people are now wondering if Harris is against gender-affirming care or whatnot
I doubt many people are really wondering that. She's got a stellar record when it comes to trying to grant LGBTQ+ support:


As a U.S. senator from 2017 to 2021, Harris sponsored bills proposing to better address distinct LGBTQ issues in health care and the criminal justice system. She also sponsored five Senate bills to prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity in employment, housing and public accommodations. Other bills she sponsored focused on LGBTQ youth, aiming to prohibit discrimination in child welfare programs and barring federal funds from supporting so-called conversion therapy of LGBTQ teens.

The Senate did not vote on any of these bills.

As vice president, Harris has been part of what advocates describe as the most pro-LGBTQ administration in U.S. history.

Since 2021, President Joe Biden has issued multiple executive orders to combat discrimination against the LGBTQ community, including by eliminating the Trump-era restrictions on transgender military service. Biden also signed into law the Respect for Marriage Act, which changed the federal definition of marriage from “a man and a woman” to “two individuals.” The statute ensures that the federal government would continue to recognize same-sex unions if the Supreme Court ever reversed its decision to legalize marriage equality.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,925
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I would've said the same thing about banning them from the military, but he pulled it off. You could argue that the prison system, much like the military, is heavily right-leaning, so they'd be willing to work with him if he tried. I just don't know if he tried.

As for Kamala HQ, it is the official twitter of the Kamala Harris campaign.
With the military this makes sense to me because trump at the time was commander in chief. He was more or less the military's direct boss. Prisons are a different animal. I am not clear on the structure but I'd guess he probably needs to pass actual laws to make changes there.

It's not really comforting to see kamalas HQ throwing gotcha twits that have basically zero gotcha capacity. For a right winger that's not going to make them think trump is better or worse. For a left winger it almost makes trump not sound as bad. Sounds like kamala hired Hillary's PR team.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
With the military this makes sense to me because trump at the time was commander in chief. He was more or less the military's direct boss. Prisons are a different animal. I am not clear on the structure but I'd guess he probably needs to pass actual laws to make changes there.

The Bureau of Prisons is the only federal agency under court order to provide gender-related surgeries. But the number of inmates requesting such operations within the bureau is minuscule, with only two known surgeries approved via court action.

Also:

No, the president does not directly control the Bureau of Prisons (BOP). The Attorney General appoints the BOP Director, and the Director is not subject to Senate confirmation or consideration. However, the Federal Prisons Accountability Act of 2023 would give the BOP Director the same level of congressional scrutiny as other top law enforcement agency chiefs.

The president does have some influence over the federal bureaucracy through personnel selection, legislation, government structure, and the budget. The president also has the power to appoint the heads of federal agencies, including the Cabinet.

So yeah. Assuming it's not a federal prison run by the BOP Trump couldn't say no to trans healthcare. But he could potentially affect it through other means in the bolded. And prisons outside of the BOP are potentially fair game.

It's not really comforting to see kamalas HQ throwing gotcha twits that have basically zero gotcha capacity. For a right winger that's not going to make them think trump is better or worse. For a left winger it almost makes trump not sound as bad. Sounds like kamala hired Hillary's PR team.
Maybe not, but it won't be for lack of trying. We can't leave any opportunity to reach out to potential voters unexploited.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I doubt many people are really wondering that. She's got a stellar record when it comes to trying to grant LGBTQ+ support:


As a U.S. senator from 2017 to 2021, Harris sponsored bills proposing to better address distinct LGBTQ issues in health care and the criminal justice system. She also sponsored five Senate bills to prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity in employment, housing and public accommodations. Other bills she sponsored focused on LGBTQ youth, aiming to prohibit discrimination in child welfare programs and barring federal funds from supporting so-called conversion therapy of LGBTQ teens.

The Senate did not vote on any of these bills.

As vice president, Harris has been part of what advocates describe as the most pro-LGBTQ administration in U.S. history.

Since 2021, President Joe Biden has issued multiple executive orders to combat discrimination against the LGBTQ community, including by eliminating the Trump-era restrictions on transgender military service. Biden also signed into law the Respect for Marriage Act, which changed the federal definition of marriage from “a man and a woman” to “two individuals.” The statute ensures that the federal government would continue to recognize same-sex unions if the Supreme Court ever reversed its decision to legalize marriage equality.
Well, I see a lot of people on Twitter wondering that, even some transgender Harris supporters. It also doesn't help that some states have made lives harder for LGBT+ communities, with Biden barely fighting back.




Also, I know destiny is an abhorrent dumbfuck but still

Calling Hamas terrorists is enough for me to know he knows nothing and is just a reactionary shithead. To make his tweet even worse, most Palestinian supporters have never said "death to the Jews." More Palestinians and their supporters have sympathized with Jews after their places of worship have been attacked than the right, who are still anti-Semitic.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, I see a lot of people on Twitter wondering that, even some transgender Harris supporters. It also doesn't help that some states have made lives harder for LGBT+ communities, with Biden barely fighting back.
Yeah, I knew exactly who you meant when you said "People". You meant leftists that are looking for more excuses to attack Harris. That's why I took the liberty of posting evidence of all the bills she supported in favor of the LGBTQ+ community. But I guess if TWITTER PEOPLE disagree then it doesn't matter, huh?




Also, I know destiny is an abhorrent dumbfuck but still

Calling Hamas terrorists is enough for me to know he knows nothing and is just a reactionary shithead. To make his tweet even worse, most Palestinian supporters have never said "death to the Jews." More Palestinians and their supporters have sympathized with Jews after their places of worship have been attacked than the right, who are still anti-Semitic.
Like usual, Destiny is a thousand percent correct, but it doesn't matter. The tweet is about the pro-Palestine people in Hasan's community, specifically. Not all Palestine supporters. No reason to be charitable to terrorist sympathizers like them. They don't deserve it.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
"some transgender Harris supporters"

"OH SO YOU MEAN LEFTISTS!!"


destiny is nowhere near correct in almost anything, especially when it comes to anything Israel. He isn't talking about pro-Palestine people in Hasan's community, he's talking about all of them.
I've heard that Hasan has said racist things or has been racist against Black women, so it's fuck him too, but he's been more correct on destiny in a lot of things.

destiny should debate Charlie Kirk. Two fucktards who like to yell and get reactions going up against each other would be beyond entertaining.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
"some transgender Harris supporters"

"OH SO YOU MEAN LEFTISTS!!"
Yeah. People on twitter (leftists) and some transgender Harris supporters." You set the caveat up for me with the qualifier "some".

destiny is nowhere near correct in almost anything, especially when it comes to anything Israel. He isn't talking about pro-Palestine people in Hasan's community, he's talking about all of them.
I've heard that Hasan has said racist things or has been racist against Black women, so it's fuck him too, but he's been more correct on destiny in a lot of things.
Oh?

Was Hasan right about there being no rapes on October 7th?

Was he right that Russia wasn't going to start a war with Ukraine?

Was he right that the Houthi pirate currently still holding Filipino hostages (which he showed on his Twitch stream) is like Anne Frank?

Was he right that America deserved 9/11?

Was he right that America deserves a thousand January 6's?

destiny should debate Charlie Kirk. Two fucktards who like to yell and get reactions going up against each other would be beyond entertaining.
Kirk wouldn't go for it, because he knows he's out of his league. BUT, speaking of Kirk: Destiny is scheduled by Jubilee to be the next "1 vs 20" candidate, (he was supposed to be the first, but they got cold feet after he said he doesn't care about the guy who got brained at the Trump assassination attempt) so you'll get your fill pretty soon! Until then, this is a REALLY good one:

[/QUOTE]
 

Sachsenhesse

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 28, 2008
Messages
2,841
Reaction score
3,651
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
German here. ProTrump. Biden was a failure but Harris seems so much worse. 😄

I just hope Trump wins "bigly". Also to enjoy the meltdown in the german media. They are even more pro harris then abc news.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,925
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Maybe not, but it won't be for lack of trying. We can't leave any opportunity to reach out to potential voters unexploited.
Um, what? The point I made was that that twit wasn't reaching anyone. It even seemed to frame trump as not that bad.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Found this gem online. It's the daily mail so I waiting for more confirmation on it but it is definitely going to make the rounds in ring wing media. I do dislike the framing of TDA being specially or more evil than other gangs though. Other gangs are every bit as reprehensible as this one.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Um, what? The point I made was that that twit wasn't reaching anyone. It even seemed to frame trump as not that bad.
And the point I made is that there's no hurt in trying. If it doesn't reach anyone, but you tried to reach someone, then no one can accuse you of not putting forth effort. Intent matters to normal people.

Also, it's not saying he's "not that bad" it's saying he's "not bad enough if you're a transphobe." Big difference.
German here. ProTrump. Biden was a failure but Harris seems so much worse. 😄

I just hope Trump wins "bigly". Also to enjoy the meltdown in the german media. They are even more pro harris then abc news.
I'm assuming you're a conservative (why the fuck can't we get Conservatives in here that actually live in America and thus have a stake in the election lmfao?)
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,925
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
And the point I made is that there's no hurt in trying. If it doesn't reach anyone, but you tried to reach someone, then no one can accuse you of not putting forth effort. Intent matters to normal people.

Also, it's not saying he's "not that bad" it's saying he's "not bad enough if you're a transphobe." Big difference.


I'm assuming you're a conservative (why the fuck can't we get Conservatives in here that actually live in America and thus have a stake in the election lmfao?)
Them saying "Hey, look at this trans care that happened under trump" as a sort of gotcha definitely does not read as "he's not bad enough if you are a transphobe".
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Found this gem online. It's the daily mail so I waiting for more confirmation on it but it is definitely going to make the rounds in ring wing media. I do dislike the framing of TDA being specially or more evil than other gangs though. Other gangs are every bit as reprehensible as this one.
Yeah, Trump has already been talking about it.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Them saying "Hey, look at this trans care that happened under trump" as a sort of gotcha definitely does not read as "he's not bad enough if you are a transphobe".
*shrugs* I dunno what to tell you then, because I can't understand how you don't see the contradiction. Trump has been screaming non-stop about Kamala being pro-trans-affirming care for criminals, claiming that he isn't, to uproarious cheers from fellow transphobic Republicans. Kamala points out that if Trump really was against it, he wouldn't have allowed it during his administration.

"Trump did the thing he's saying that he's against" is the point. I don't... I can't simplify it more than that, I'm sorry.
 

Sachsenhesse

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 28, 2008
Messages
2,841
Reaction score
3,651
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
That transthing. How often does this specific case apply? I dont think it will be that often. Kamala just used it back then for "im far left" points and now it bites her again.

I am probably a conservative in germany yes. In america i would be centrist with tendencies to the right. But thanks to that its really ridiculous how many people believe Kamala and are willing to die on that hill. I got a discordgroup with a really sternbeliever, which gobbles down every abc news point and repeats it.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That transthing. How often does this specific case apply? I dont think it will be that often. Kamala just used it back then for "im far left" points and now it bites her again.
Of course not. Trans people aren't even that plentiful in the first place, making up less than a percent of the country. And it's not biting her at all. You're not hearing anyone say "You know what? I was totally gonna vote Democrat, but now that I know Kamala's letting prisoners transition, I'm gonna vote for the guy that wants to abolish the constitution."

I am probably a conservative in germany yes. In america i would be centrist with tendencies to the right. But thanks to that its really ridiculous how many people believe Kamala and are willing to die on that hill. I got a discordgroup with a really sternbeliever, which gobbles down every abc news point and repeats it.
Believe what? Are you talking about trans stuff specifically? I'm personally not voting for her because she's made some sort of promise that I trust she'll keep her word on. I'm voting for her because I'm a Democrat, and she's the Democratic presidential candidate. Simple as that.
 
Top