Whilst here (I don't often visit this thread, but thought that current events were historic enough to merit my temporary return), I'd also like to state that I haven't totally given up on the chance that America will have a female president at some point in the future
It's a huge country and I fail to accept that Harris (and especially not Clinton) are the best that it has to offer, in respect to capable [female] presidential material
I'd love to see a female PotUS, however I think the position should be one of true meritocracy and not one that is doled out solely due to ones gender/race/who you know/what family you belong to
To be honest, if I could see anyone winning the position, I'd rather it be a poor, young (I mean sub 40) person (gender is irrelevant here), from a working class background...
Someone who truly represents the American population and not some antediluvian billionaire who is so out of touch that it would be impossible for them to care about the average person, even if they wanted to...