Anime League Anime League - Summer 2017

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Imho it simply makes no sense to allow an Anime which is gone after a week to participate here. Especially because we have 7(?) episodes as a whole so by definition you can't even vote for all of them.
To me it would simply be unfair to the show itself as it is too good to simply appear once and then disappear to the lower half of the table.
But that's looking at the results rather than the process and rules isn't it?

The process is we vote on the best episodes of TV anime we see every week. And for this week we're going to see a lot of Owarimonogatari. If it has a bunch of the best episodes and we can't vote for them. That's gonna be weird.

It is a weird show in how they chose to air it. No doubt about that. The marathon airing method is always pretty dumb(but so are TV execs). And with a 60 min length as opposed to the standard 30 min it's pretty far off standard. But if you add it all together it's going to come to about 13-14 episodes worth in terms of time. This is a full cour of a TV anime. And it follows all the thread rules.

  • Every user gets to nominate his top 3 episodes of the week in THIS thread.
  • Nominating day is on sunday. It is possible to nominate BEFORE that day, but NOT after it.
  • A week goes from Sunday to Saturday. The Nomination day for that whole week is the day AFTER that Saturday. For example: This week goes from Jun 26th to Jul 1st, 23:59 CET. Voting day for this week would be the 2nd till 23:59 CET.
  • The nominations get counted. The Anime with the most votes in total wins the league.
  • There won't be a restriction for Anime which have no threads here
  • Only TV shows count (no OVA, no movies, no ONA)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
But like I said, obviously, it's your call.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well I stay with what I have said as yes it did air on TV but it wasn't a normal Anime show as it was more like a special broadcasted on TV.
I do get where you come from of course. But for whacky formats like that we do have the Anime Awards.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Kakegurui
Made In Abyss
Gamers

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
This was my favourite bit. When she pouted :hurr
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Regarding Owarimonogatari:

Yes it aired on TV but only over the course of two days (?) so making it eligible here makes little to no sense. It is more like an OVA in that sense.
So to clarify: It isn't eligible.
Since Owarimonogatari is disqualified, I've adjusted my votes.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sky

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Kakegurui
Fate/Apocrypha
Boku no Hero Academia
 

Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 5, 2016
Messages
332
Reaction score
738
Country
Australia
Kakegurui EP 6
Yep, only someone as crazy as Midari could come up with a game like that.

Can't wait for the next episode to see the result.

Re:Creators EP 17
The most exciting episode so far.

That was great fighting, loved all the action.

I think Altair is the real god, she seems to be untouchable.

That was really intense between Blitz & Shunma, and then we had that ending.

Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. EP 5
As funny as ever, another really good episode.

Thank you slimes :)

That poor tiger, everyone was suffocating it.

That was a very nice looking dress, and it looked really good on her.

Looking forward to watching the next episode.

Honorable Mentions

Aho Girl EP 6
I nearly died from laughter watching that beach episode, it was so funny.

New Game + EP 5
Another fun & enjoyable episode.

Hifumi is the least threatening boss ever, is was fun watching her try to do that job.

I always love watching evil Aoba.

Looking forward to watching the next episode.

Tenshi no 3P! EP 5
I would have liked to have seen some of that fishing but oh well.

I think he might need to edit out quite a bit of the footage.

I lost it at the bathroom waterfall part.

that was rather funny how they got those 2 in bed together like that.

That was a good video he made at the end, thanks goodness he remembered to edit out all those awkward moments.

Princess Principle EP 5
Another great episode, fast and action packed, very exciting to watch.

I was very impressed with Chise, she is a great addition to the team.

I liked what she showed in the previous episode.

Ange was great yet again.

Looking forward to watching the next episode.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,682
Reaction score
61,392
Gender
Male
Country
France
So instead of Owarimonogatari I vote for Made in Abyss and Ballroom e Youkoso. It aired Sunday this week but it should count I think, if it doesn't then Fate.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
So instead of Owarimonogatari I vote for Made in Abyss and Ballroom e Youkoso. It aired Sunday this week but it should count I think, if it doesn't then Fate.
It still counts as it is annoying to adapt to shows changing its slot.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Another week, another table:


Change​
Rank​
Anime​
Nominations​
▲1​
1​
Fate/Apocrypha
32​
▼1​
2​
Boku no Hero Academia S2
31​
►​
3​
Kakegurui
27​
►​
4​
Made in Abyss
26​
▲1​
5​
Re:Creators
19​
▼1​
6​
Gamers!
15​
►​
7​
Knights & Magic
8​
►​
8​
Princess Principle
7​
►​
9​
Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e
6​
▲1​
10​
Ballroom e Youkoso
5​
▼1​
10​
Boruto
5​
▲1​
12​
Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni.
4​
▲1​
12​
New Game +
4​
▼1​
12​
Tsurezure Children
4​
▼2​
15​
Dragon Ball Super
3​
▼2​
15​
Isekai Shokudou
3​
►​
17​
Aho Girl
2​
►​
17​
Koi to Uso
2​
►​
17​
Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS
2​
►​
20​
Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun
1​
►​
20​
Shoukoku no Altair
1​
►​
20​
Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou
1​
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Interesting! :D
There are no runaway favorites this season. One good or bad episode can make or break 1st - 4th place.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Yeah I really like the fact that this season is a rather close fight instead of one Anime destroying the others followed by 4-5 good ones.
 

Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 5, 2016
Messages
332
Reaction score
738
Country
Australia
Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomi ni. EP 6
What a lucky guy, gets a nice big house like that for him and all the girls lol.

Makes things a lot easier when you can just paralyze all your enemies they way he did.

I thought was nice how they helped out Lyon & Olga like that.

Oh wow, they absolutely destroyed that Dragon.

Princess Principle EP 6
Oh damn I feel so sorry for Dorothy & her father.

He was a scumbag at first but then did everyone for her because he loved her form the bottom of his heart, and I thought things were about to be really good for them.

I did like that scene where Dorothy beat up those 3 dudes.

The Duke of Normandy seems to be the one pulling all the string in a lot of the episode.

I hope he eventually gets what he deserves.

Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS EP 14
At least Zaizen still have a job, I thought those chess pieces would get rid of him for good.

The new animations look really good, the new director is doing some good work, guess the change of director has been for the better so far.

Great duel so far, looking forward to watching more next time.

Honorable Mentions

Kakegurui EP 7
Wow her condition is worse then I thought, destroying her own eye like that.

Yumeko made it a draw after all, she gets better every episode.

Even a show like this has Idol's lol, looking forward to watching it.

Re:Creators EP 18
Ah a special bulletproof vest, I was wondering why there was no blood when she was shot.

That was quite the outfit Hoshikawa was wearing, she had some good moves though.

Just when I thought they were about to make some progress against Altair, she has another trick up her sleeve.

Looking forward to watching the next episode.

Sakura Quest EP 20
Troll moment at the start, you thought those called forward made it but nope, they failed.

Maki was great in that play, I enjoyed it, it was pretty funny.

And her dad at the end there, great moment.

Looking forward to watching this next episode.

New Game!! EP 6
Good episode again.

It was unfortunate that they didn't select Aoba to do the key visuals but watching her work hard to submit something anyway was cool.

I was very impressed with what Yagami's work as usual.

Looking forward to watching the next episode.

Centaur no Nayami EP 6
Discrimination everywhere, not the easiest place to live.

Nice to have very reliable daughters like Kyouko & Manami.

Tenshi no 3P! EP 6
Very powerful emotional episode.

I nearly cried.

I think that band name suits them perfectly.

Knight's & Magic EP 7
That was pretty cool watching the new knights in action.

As usual Ernesti was the star.

Rather ominous ending, guess we will find out who she is in the upcoming episodes.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,682
Reaction score
61,392
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re Creators
Boku no Hero Academia S2


Last one is between Gamers! and Made in Abyss... What to do...:worrybunny
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
  • Re:Creators:
    --> Amazing episode!
    --> Great progression/development with Blitz.
    --> Magane convos are pure gems!
    --> That ****** chick. :lmao :zomg

  • Made in Abyss:
    --> Such thrilling episode through and through! :zomg
    --> Ozen is such a brilliant character. :x3
    --> Reg was cool, despite getting rekt by Ozen <3

  • Kakegurui:
    --> Intense flashback!
    --> Those chicks are all crazy. :kukuku
    --> DOMINATE ME, YUMEKO! :x3
    --> Kirari is so scary *shudder*, I love her! :blush
    --> I shouldn't love such series... :oh




  • Boku no Hero Academia:
    --> Average episode, not much was going on.

  • Fate/Apocrypha:
    --> Boring episode
    --> Why didn't they show more fight scenes between Moedred and Chiron? Pure disappointment. Moedred is reduced to a fanservice character. It's enough already.
    --> Can the series or Jeanne please elaborate what she intends to do?
    --> At least, the next episode looks promising.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'll go with...

- Re:Creators (Best of the week in my book)
- Boku no Hero Academia
(Nice bounce back from last week's sorta crappy episode)
- Fate/Apocrypha (Great buildup to something that should be epic.)
 

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,778
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
Re: Creators
Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e
Princess Principal


Honorable Mention:
Gamers!
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
This weeks Selections:

Fate/Apocrypha
Re:Creators
Gamers!


If I could pick more?
Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou
Made in Abyss
Knights & Magic
Kakegurui

Sunday
Knights & Magic - fun 4/5
Centaur no Nayami - her halo is hair??! 3/5
Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun - I had to rewatch this because I slept 90% of it
Kakegurui - ESP Russian Roulette
Fate/Apocrypha - Great episode and it leads directly into the first episode scenes of battle.

Monday
Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou - LoL! That was awesome! :XD
Isekai Shokudou - I'm resigned to only seeing an anthology. still good.

Tuesday
Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni - Harem becomes official
Aho Girl - Hide and Seek for 3 days.
Nanamaru Sanbatsu - 3/5


Wednesday
Nora to Oujo to Noraneko Heart - Nice Goat? :lol
Hajimete no Gal - Well the girls were entertained... and rescued.

Thursday
Gamers! - quite the build up there, followed by an accidental happy end? :D


Friday
Made in Abyss - Ozen is scary.
Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul - It's back! but not great. Amelia made a short cameo flashback.
Shoukoku no Altair - It's Back! I know the wall is supposed to be impregnable (crystal side anyway) but they're not even watching it. How hard is it to have 1 person keep watch over it?

Saturday
Boku no Hero Academia - good as always.
Re:Creators - Well, that was awesome!
 

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Fate/Apocrypha
Kakegurui
Boku no Hero Academia
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Fate/Apocrypha
Re:Creators

Boku no Hero Academia
 
Top