Anime League Anime League - Winter 2017

Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 5, 2016
Messages
332
Reaction score
738
Country
Australia
I started watching NouCome this week. God it is so funny. Feel sorry for the poor bloke though having to make all those tough choices.

KonoSuba S2 EP9
Can this show get any funnier?
I almost died watching this
Kobayashi Dragon Maid EP 9
I think Lucoa's "world class features" might have been the overall winner of the sports festival.
Kanna=best girl in this anime by far.
It was funny watching Elma struggle. Tohru also said that humans are scary.
Lastly, how awesome is Kobayashi? always going out of her way to help them all.
Gabriel DropOut EP 9
Probably the best and funniest episode so far.
Easy to bribe Satania into anything by having some lemon bread.
Vigne was great in the early parts, and scary also trying to get everyone to have fun.
Hell's shopping network strikes again.
Lol Gab & Sat thought they could actually fool the customs checkout.
 
Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,850
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yet again I'm voting for...

- Konosuba
- Gintama
- Ao No Exorcist
 

Battou

⎲⎳
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 11, 2015
Messages
2,501
Reaction score
8,347
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
Konosuba

Gintama


As well
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Ao no Exorcist (with a big thanks to the soundtrack, it's greatness)
Gintama
KonoSuba


@Demonspeed Yeah I know that feel... well ACCA is certainly worth it in my eyes, but there are many good shows this season, so if you can't find the time it can't be helped :(
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sky

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
This weeks a little different:

Konosuba - Aqua is a demon heretic! Lets tie her up and throw her in the river... if she drowns, she couldn't possibly be the goddess Aqua!
ACCA - This is getting better... The prince's men have no experience at being evil.
Ao no Exorcist - My hope is that Rin firestorms the entire castle only to have all the good guys be unharmed by the flames.

ACCA and Ao no Exorcist are building up this week so they deserve a little recognition.
Also: In ACCA the cure for diabetes exists somewhere in this country! Otherwise this country has a very bad future.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
As usual:
KonoSuba. There can't be something better.
Gabriel Drop Out. This episode was simply hilarious. We seriously need more of that.
Demi-chan. Hnnnnnnng. Machi. Never change.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,674
Reaction score
61,377
Gender
Male
Country
France
KonoSuba
Ao no Exorcist
Dragon Ball Super
 

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
Konosuba remains unchanged.
As for the other two, I suppose that Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon (DAT Loli dragon is just too cute) and Gabriel Dropout will get my vote. :verily
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Here are this weeks results:


Weeks in Contest​
Change​
Rank​
Anime​
Nominations​
9​
►​
1​
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2
62​
9​
►​
2​
Gintama.
42​
10​
►​
3​
Yojou Senki
26​
10​
►​
4​
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon
24​
10​
►​
5​
Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen
21​
10​
►​
6​
Demi-chan wa Kataritai
16​
10​
►​
7​
Masamune-kun no Revenge
10​
9​
►​
8​
Little Witch Academia
8​
8​
►​
9​
Kuzu no Honkai
6​
7​
▲3​
10​
Gabriel DropOut
5​
10​
▼1​
11​
3-gatsu no Lion
4​
10​
▼1​
11​
Urara Meirochou
4​
10​
▼1​
13​
Akiba's Trip - The Animation
3​
2​
▲3​
14​
ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka
2​
10​
▲3​
14​
Dragon Ball Super
2​
10​
▼1​
14​
Fuuka
2​
7​
▼1​
14​
Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation
2​
6​
▼1​
14​
Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V
2​
2​
▼2​
19​
Idol Jihen
1​
6​
▼2​
19​
Kemono Friends
1​
8​
▼2​
19​
Nanbaka
1​
9​
▼2​
19​
Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season
1​
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,850
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
My first vote of the week is definitely going to the final episode of KonoSuba for this season.

It's funny looking back I think I voted for KonoSuba every week and that was purely due to every single episode deserving it. Week after week it was simply the best show I saw. Just an incredibly run. I'm curious to see if that will keep happening with other seasons of this League, if one show will emerge and dominate like this, or if the first of these just happened to start with Babe Ruth of anime. I'm thinking the latter.
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Actually, as I recall, Konosuba had a late start. Masamune-kun started off a week earlier and had a promising start... it just didn't follow through. Actually, now, even if it had a 2nd cour to continue, Masamune-kun still couldn't catch up to the 10 episodes of Konosuba's position. :XD
 

Battou

⎲⎳
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 11, 2015
Messages
2,501
Reaction score
8,347
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
Well since i doubt i'll watch anything else :zomg

Gintama
Konosuba
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,850
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ao No Exorcist is my only other pick for the week.
 

Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 5, 2016
Messages
332
Reaction score
738
Country
Australia
KonoSuba was an easy choice but the other 2 were really tough to pick, which is a good thing, shows how awesome the anime is again this season.

Demi-chan EP 11

Wow what an amazing episode that was.
All them feels brought a tear to my eye.
I'm expecting a lot of comedy next time seeing as it has something to do with a pool and swimsuits. the usual shenanigans.
KonoSuba S2 EP10
Thanks for another wonderful season.
I loved the part where Eris was looking at the skeleton of Kazuma.
I can't believe it's already over.
This anime is a perfect example of less is more. Only 10 episodes really leaves us wanting more.
Youjo Senki EP 10
That was definitely worth the wait.
Tanya & the empire absolutely destroyed the allied forces everywhere.
Looks like next time we get the highly anticipated battle between the 2 gifted by God/Being X.
Still wishing that dude died and his daughter Mary was the one to gain the power.

HONORABLE MENTIONS
Urara Meirochou EP 11
First off congratulations to the girls for passing the exam and making 9th rank.
For a moment there though I thought they might miss out when they couldn't decide who would open the door.
I do like how all 4 of them opened it at the same time, they are a great team.
Good that we learned a few other things like the name of Chiya's mother and also we learn about Chiya's divination power.
Hot bath episode next time means we get to see more funny scenes involving Captain Saku.
Kobayashi Dragon Maid EP 10
Now that it was I call a great episode.
A lot of Christmas themed episodes are a lot of fun to watch, Gabriel DropOut had a really good one.
Kanna was the only choice for little match girl.
1st time we got to see Tohru with her hair down?
Also the 1st time we saw the 9 together.
And now it's time to go watch KonoSuba.
Gabriel DropOut EP10
This show never disappoints.
It was nice to see the family interactions of the characters.
No wonder Satania is hopeless trying to take over the world, just look at how her parents act.
I wouldn't mind trying their bakery products though, they are probably pretty good.
Alexander looks a bit like a Charmander or mini Charizard. It was fun watching Chappy in action.
Lol at Raphiels perverted butler Martiel. That was a very funny looking scorn, Raph was still smiling.
Raph lives in a pretty nice place in the human world also.
Gab someone fooled the princple into giving her more money.
Gabriel made me laugh during the staring contest.
I do hope the demons sneak into heaven next time. I bet there will be a lot of fun and chaos.
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
This week's picks:
Konosuba - I want more!
Ao no Exorcist - It can't get much better than this weeks episode... except maybe if Yukio wasn't so uptight all the time.
Demi-chan - Plays with your heartstrings this week.

I'm sure I can't... because if I could:
-1 vote) Masamune-kun no revenge - I want to get revenge on this series that created such a useless sub-plot.
+1 vote) Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon - Kanna's play was hysterical! :XD
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Same as the last few weeks.
KonoSuba
Youjo Senki
Ao no Exorcist


Gintama and LWA were good this week's but I have my favorites. I can see myself voting for AoT all of the Spring Season anyway lol.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
KonoSuba - It was a really fun ride and they managed to make it hilarious even in the final episode. There was not a single really weak episode. Kudos.
Demi-Chan - Damn that was touching and heartwarming. The most chill drama I have ever seen in an Anime. Hikari, never change.
Kobayashi - Hnnnnnnnng. Didn't know old gruesome fairytales could be so interesting. Also Kanna is the epitome of the daughter-you-want-to-have.
 

Jay

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 18, 2017
Messages
27
Reaction score
32
Age
27
Country
United States
Huh a little late, but never done this before....

Konosuba - hilarious. I loved it... inspired me to read the Konosuba LNs.
Gabriel Dropout - also hilarious and gab is rather relatable.
Kobayashi - also hilarious and Kanna is ultra-cuwt.

What can I say, I like Comedy.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,674
Reaction score
61,377
Gender
Male
Country
France
KonoSuba
Youjo Senki
Ao no Exorcist
 
Top