Discussion - Art Contest Discussion Thread | Page 174 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Art Contest Discussion Thread

createsienna

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi and welcome! Happy to see you found your way to this little art section of the website :nod

As for your questions, here's an example of what it should look like when submitting (this example is a piece that won a poetry contest last year). Doesn't look like you missed anything!
Example:
Forward and Backward Poem - “Daydreams/Insomnia” by riki

As the day slowly fades into darkness
I lay on my bed
With my loved one slumbering next to me
For random thoughts keep me awake
To no avail
I try my best to shut my mind
But fears and worries refuse to let me be
I stare out the open window
I linger in my bed restlessly and prepare myself for another day
As the night slowly turns into dawn

About the "comments" - You are free to comment anything you'd like to comment. You can share something about your writing progress, or inspiration - it's up to you. If you feel like you dont have anything to comment, that's ok too!
Hi,

I appreciate the information, thanks :)

Sienna

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hey where can i write the story any link
Hey there,
If you are finished with your story, you can post it in this thread. You can also find details about the rules and deadline in that thread! If you have more questions, just let us know :nod
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The Isekai Writing contest is closing soon. You have about 24 hours - submit your entry while you still can!
:blush

TrienDarkform

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Getting that short story under 3000 characters is hard!

First draft came in at ~5000. Tightening up of sentence structures and removing superfluous details got it to ~4000. Had to sacrifice a fair chunk of characterization and interactions to reach the 3000 threshold though...

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

First draft came in at ~5000. Tightening up of sentence structures and removing superfluous details got it to ~4000. Had to sacrifice a fair chunk of characterization and interactions to reach the 3000 threshold though...
This is why I can hardly participate in the story contests. It's just too limited.

And the other ‐ "50 lines" - is such a vague limit that even when I've decided to stay within that instead, I've not been entirely sure I've followed the rules. :sweat

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Gonna give Short Stories a try, even tho I'm utter cancerous at writing...

And the other ‐ "50 lines" - is such a vague limit that even when I've decided to stay within that instead, I've not been entirely sure I've followed the rules. :sweat
As far as I remember, people aren't nazi about it and wouldn't rule out a piece just 'cause it missed the size criteria for a bit (when it comes about stories, since the image ones follow the forum rules).

In my experience, without this criteria we had cases that weren't 'short' at all - and then people wouldn't read them to evaluate and vote. A size reference is necessary.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Congratulations to @Purity of Magi and @MarmaladeSky for winning the Valentine contest!!!!! :yuri

new contest is up! this time it's Anime Nostalgia Avatar & Signature Set

vote for your favorite Isekai short story! you can vote up to 2 of the submissions :vbunny

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
Reaction score
Country
England
*Logs in*

*Checks some notifications quickly*

*Checks also profile page*

You guys are trying to make me gay each more day.

Also...

I am not quite sure how to feel about this but you know....

KYAAAAAAH BEARY!!!!!

Anyway, @MarmaladeSky I think it's time for us to play a nice rock/paper/scissor game.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
:yuri

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
*Logs in*

*Checks some notifications quickly*

*Checks also profile page*

You guys are trying to make me gay each more day.

Also...

I am not quite sure how to feel about this but you know....

KYAAAAAAH BEARY!!!!!

Anyway, @MarmaladeSky I think it's time for us to play a nice rock/paper/scissor game.

Oh no~

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
You've got about 6 hours left to submit your Anime Nostalgia Avatar & Signature set. Make sure to participate while you still can~

Congratulations @Raven @TrienDarkform and @Farfalla for winning the Isekai Writing contest! :blush (And @Knightmare of heaven 0 as the runner up!)

A new drawing contest has gone up, please join while you can~

Also - our next contest is the annual spring contest - if you guys have any fun ideas for theme's/categories for this contest, please let us know!

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
You've got about 6 hours left to submit your Anime Nostalgia Avatar & Signature set. Make sure to participate while you still can~

Congratulations @Raven @TrienDarkform and @Farfalla for winning the Isekai Writing contest! :blush (And @Knightmare of heaven 0 as the runner up!)

A new drawing contest has gone up, please join while you can~

Also - our next contest is the annual spring contest - if you guys have any fun ideas for theme's/categories for this contest, please let us know!
Will i get any medals for this?

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Will i get any medals for this?
Not for this one unfortunately, but you will get points on the leaderboard - those who are in the top 3 by the end of the year will receive medals!
You can earn a medal with the next special contest (the Spring Contest, after the current one)

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Not for this one unfortunately, but you will get points on the leaderboard - those who are in the top 3 by the end of the year will receive medals!
You can earn a medal with the next special contest (the Spring Contest, after the current one)
MH scamming me. :grumble

TrienDarkform

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Crazy tie, wow. Congrats all! :hi5

Schoolbook sketches, huh? Trying to remember what kind of stuff I used to draw. I've still got some of my university notes, but the majority of those would be from later years when it got to the point where every moment in class required attention and there was no time to spend doodling. Back in high school, I think it would have been stick figures throwing fireballs or energy blasts... :XD

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
It looks like im missing my sig in the voting thread :hmmnot a problem but just a heads up so that the one in charge can add it. Thanks.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
It looks like im missing my sig in the voting thread :hmmnot a problem but just a heads up so that the one in charge can add it. Thanks.
I think it's fixed now - did show up for me when I was logged in so didn't notice it earlier

Only a couple of days left until the deadline! Submit your creation while you still can~