Discussion - Art Contest Discussion Thread | Page 178 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Art Contest Discussion Thread

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
The winner of the Animal Crossing Avatar/Signature set contest is @Purity of Magi - Congratulations!! 🥳

Aaaaalso, a new photography contest has started! The theme is "Symbol" or "representation" - It's your task to take a picture of a symbol that represents yourself! :blush You have until September 20th to submit your piece!

The new poll for our next poetry contest is also up... Please vote for your favourite themes!

TrienDarkform

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Music contest is a bit of a weird one to handle... for me it often feels like when you've got inspiration, then you've got something going, but when you don't, you've got nothing at all...

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Actually we wanted to give it a theme. But no one suggested and we were out of ideas as well, so we just gave it freestyle theme. Next year we will separate music&video into two individual contests

Last edited:

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Music contest is a bit of a weird one to handle... for me it often feels like when you've got inspiration, then you've got something going, but when you don't, you've got nothing at all...
Mhn, I feel the same about music contests. Especially when there is no specific theme (like the previous one). Sometimes a theme does help spark some ideas for me
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Only a few days left to submit your piece for the symbol/representation photography contest!! Make sure to enter while you still can :blush

Also don't forget to vote for your favourite theme for the next poetry contest. You have two votes, use them wisely
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Only a couple of hours left to submit your piece for the "Symbol/Representation" Photography contest~ Time is ticking

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hi everyone! Happy Autumn~
The Autumn Art Contest is coming up in two weeks... What would you guys like to do for this contest? Please let us know :blush Let's make this a contest that can be fun for everyone

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone! Happy Autumn~
The Autumn Art Contest is coming up in two weeks... What would you guys like to do for this contest? Please let us know :blush Let's make this a contest that can be fun for everyone

pumpkin craving?

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I'm going to put up a poll tonight about the Autumn Art Contest theme, that starts next monday.
So far the suggestions are:
- Dreamy Sunset Photography (@Evil3ye)
- Pumpking Carving (@riki
- A Rainy Day (Freestyle) (@MarmaladeSky)

If you have any other suggestions, please let us know today, so we can include those in the poll options :blush

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
England
I'm going to put up a poll tonight about the Autumn Art Contest theme, that starts next monday.
So far the suggestions are:
- Dreamy Sunset Photography (@Evil3ye)
- Pumpking Carving (@riki
- A Rainy Day (Freestyle) (@MarmaladeSky)

If you have any other suggestions, please let us know today, so we can include those in the poll options :blush
FREESTYLE OFC! :arf

But yeah freestyle indeed. I think its better to have a contest right now where people can just do whatever they consider for autumn since it can be many things imo. Also its been a while we had a theme like that. I think in general it gets more people to participate with a theme where they can submit whatever piece they want for autumn (a set, a photo, a drawing etc.)

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I agree with you, a freestyle contest can always be a lot of fun (and easy, since you can do whatever you like)! Especially with broad themes like autumn :nod

Okay, the poll is up! Time to vote for your favourite theme~

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
27 hours left to submit your letter for the “letter to your future-self” contest :blush
What do you want to tell the future you?

A little bit delayed, but not forgotten - In about four hours the seasonal Autumn contest will start!! - meanwhile the letter writing contest will remained opened for that time. Feel free to submit a letter~

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Also! Our next contest is another special contest, this time a very spooky one 👻 It's the annual Halloween contest.

What would you guys like to do for this one? Suggest it, and I'll make a poll to decide which one it's going to be :blush

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Also! Our next contest is another special contest, this time a very spooky one 👻 It's the annual Halloween contest.

What would you guys like to do for this one? Suggest it, and I'll make a poll to decide which one it's going to be :blush
up up up :cheerbunny

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
So can I do a Autumn themed write up? @Kiki

Everyone doing pictures